Wednesday, 11 May 2022

The Astronauts "Everything Is A-OK" 1964

Everything Is A-OK! is a little schizophrenic, containing rock & roll ("Money," "It's So Easy"), blues ("Stormy Monday," "Big Boss Man"), pop ("Dream Lover"), R&B ("What'd I Say") and collegiate folk-pop ("If I Had a Hammer," "Shortnin' Bread"). Needless to say, it doesn't hold together as well as its predecessor, but there are a number of good moments. - AllMusic Review by Stephen Thomas Erlewine
Surf group from Boulder, Colorado. Formed in 1960 as the Stormtroopers and signed to the RCA label a few years later in an effort to compete with the success of the Beach Boys. The group experienced modest and brief success, until the arrival of the Beatles in the U.S. led to their decline in popularity. Members included Rich Fifield, Dennis Lindsey, and Bob Demmon on guitars, Stormy Patterson on bass, and drummer Jim Gallagher- discogs
trax:
01 Bo Diddley 02 If I Had A Hammer 03 It's So Easy 04 Dream Lover 05 Wine, Wine, Wine 06 Money 07 Big Boss Man 08 Stormy Monday Blues 09 Shortnin' Bread 10 I Need You 11 What'd I Say

5 comments:

RYP said...

The Astronauts "Everything Is A-OK"
gitit! no pw
https://www119.zippyshare.com/v/V1Yzwb5A/file.html

rntcj said...

Hi!

Thanx for this one. A new addition to their collection.

Cheers!
Ciao! For now.
rntcj

lemonflag said...

Thanks

tsi&hrjs said...

Thanks again. These are great!

cdelint said...

Thanks!