Friday, 27 May 2022

…and now for something completely different! 1698 - 2022

These arrogant fucking politicians, warlords and religious don't give a fuck about us, they only pretend! Go to hell! They don't know that they are as superfluous as telephone disinfectors and hairdressers! It is to cry for! - RYP

We have a first entry each day that is a picture or a video, and only in that entry you can place your music links and requests (NO ALBUMS RELEASED IN 2020 AND AFTER, AND A DAILY LIMIT OF 3 ALBUMS)! Here you can say what you like, unless it's offensive, racist or discriminatory! Please keep your language polite and respectful. All the rest official posts will only allow comments related to the official posts and such. That way it will keep things much more organized and tidy. Enjoy! RYP and Gyro1966

64 comments:

Searnav said...


R.I.P. Alan White May 26, 2022

Yes – Stellar Attraction

Original LP = “Singer’s Original Double Disc” label SODD 008 (USA 1975)

This rip = Beacon Eye Records TWO S 719 (Australia 1979)

Live at the Boston Garden, Boston, Massachusetts - December 11, 1974

Jon Anderson (harp guitar, acoustic guitar, lead vocals)
Chris Squire (bass, backing vocals)
Alan White (drums, percussion)
Steve Howe (lead guitar, vocals)
Patrick Moraz (keyboards, synthesizer, piano)

I sold that double LP years ago, after having ripped it and burned it to an audio CDR using my Pioneer stand-alone CD burner. So what you have here is a CDR rip of a vinyl rip.

I didn’t scan the artwork though, so most images here are from Discogs.

Disc 1

1 - A1. Sound Chaser (11:06)
2 - A2. To Be Over (10:26)

3 - B. Close To The Edge (20:29)

Disc 2

4 - C. Gates Of Delirium (22:36)

5 - D1. And You And I (10:31)
6 - D2. Roundabout (4:38)

Artwork Included (various fronts, backs, discs)

https://www94.zippyshare.com/v/kDoCgIFW/file.html

Searnav said...


Talking about Wayne Perkins…

Smith-Perkins-Smith – Smith-Perkins-Smith

Island Records ILPS 9198 (U.K. 1972)

Steve Smith (keyboards, guitars, vocals)
Wayne Perkins (acoustic, electric and slide guitars, vocals)
Tim Smith (piano, guitars, vocals)

With

David Hood (bass)
Roger Hawkins (drums, percussion)
Barry Beckett (keyboards)

And with help on selected tracks from

Eddie Hinton (guitar)
Larry Gimmer Nicholson (bottleneck guitar)
Jamie Grant (backing vocals)
Weldon Myrick (strings)
Alan Flowers (choir direction)

1. Catcher In The Rhy (1:03)
2. Save Me (2:58)
3. Say No More (4:54)
4. In The Aftermath (3:09)
5. I Cry Mercy (3:31)
6. The Man He Was (3:32)
7. Mighty Good Time (3:24)
8. Memories Of The Future (2:02)
9. On Blind Faith Alone (4:06)
10. Can't Go Back (3:42)
11. So Long (5:28)

Artwork Included (front, back, inner sleeve, labels)

https://www29.zippyshare.com/v/IlU4ioEQ/file.html

DooWopDaddyO said...




Press-Tone Rockabilly Vol.3 (Press-Tone Music International PCD23)
https://www.imagenetz.de/aoWZ9


Bernie Woods & The Forest Fires - Same (Foot Tapping Records FT 143)
https://www.imagenetz.de/mrbA2


The Swing Rays - In The Rough (Sci-Fi Western Records SFW-8308)
https://www.imagenetz.de/goXNV


tads44 said...

Ecstatic modern jazz violin.

Zbigniew Seifert - Man of the Light (1976)

https://www7.zippyshare.com/v/wDQYcGaW/file.html

Aaron Vincent said...

Just another mixtape with some groovy, funky and swampy country from the late sixties and early seventies. As usual inspired by (and a honor to) the great compilations "Country Funk" by Lights In The Attic, "Country Got Soul" by Casula Records and "Delta Swamp Rock" by Soul Jazz Records. And, off course a big salute to these recordings, artists and era. Hope some of you find them funky as well, have a great friday. Cheers.

VA - Country Groove 16 (1969-1975)

01. Nat Stuckey - Old Man Willis (1969)
02. Michael Gately - Country Ladies (1972)
03. Hyde - Standing in the Crowd (1969)
04. Don Cooper - Mad George (1970)
05. Eddie Mottau - Old New Hampshire (1973)
06. Elyse Weinberg - Your Place Or Mine (1969)
07. Charlie Brown - Worthless (1970)
08. Lilly Green - Startin' At The Wall (1975)
09. Podipto - Mississippi Woman (1970)
10. Paul Korda - Between The Road (1971)
11. Itsuroh Shimoda - All This Time (1973)
12. Compton And Batteau - Honeysuckle (1970)
13. Colin Scot - My Rain (1971)
14. Thomas Jefferson Kaye - Sho 'Bout To Drive Me Wild (1974)
15. Valdy - Country Man (1972)
16. Hoyt Axton - California Woman (1971)
17. Jack Grunsky - That Woman (1971)
18. Brethren - Midnight Train (1970)
19. Christopher Kearney - Long Old Train (1972)
20. Jerry Glenn Ward - Country Boy Blues (1972)

https://www94.zippyshare.com/v/F91RkCFk/file.html

BigGray said...

Australian [and some New Zealand] Bands - The 2000s

Melinda Schneider

Part 2 of 3

2006-Stronger
https://www.imagenetz.de/itXzn

Stronger - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_A1AUklskyA

01 - Big World Small World - Melinda Schneider
02 - That Was The Plan - Melinda Schneider
03 - Stronger - Melinda Schneider
04 - Send Them Love - Melinda Schneider
05 - Truly True Love - Melinda Schneider
06 - In Your Head - Melinda Schneider
07 - The Letting Go - Melinda Schneider
08 - Rest Your Weary Mind - Melinda Schneider
09 - Men In Trucks - Melinda Schneider
10 - You Are Something Else - Melinda Schneider
11 - Fifteen Again - Melinda Schneider
12 - You Got Me - Melinda Schneider
13 - Sometimes It Takes Balls To Be A Woman - Melinda Schneider

2008-Be Yourself
https://www.imagenetz.de/h5xt8

Be Yourself - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYpg20Mbd_I

01 - Be Yourself - Melinda Schneider
02 - Courageous - Melinda Schneider
03 - Cry A Little - Melinda Schneider
04 - Grassy - Melinda Schneider
05 - I'll Take Care Of You - Melinda Schneider
06 - Safe - Melinda Schneider
07 - People Don't Change - Melinda Schneider
08 - Still Here (with Paul Kelly) - Melinda Schneider
09 - Outside - Melinda Schneider
10 - Bad Day - Melinda Schneider
11 - Understanding - Melinda Schneider
12 - Thank You - Melinda Schneider
13 - Awake Now - Melinda Schneider

2010-Melinda Does Doris (A Tribute to Doris Day)
https://www.imagenetz.de/fwm9p

Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmS7Cj4DX6M

01 - Everybody Loves A Lover - Melinda Schneider
02 - Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps - Melinda Schneider
03 - Que Sera Sera (whatever will be, will be) - Melinda Schneider
04 - It's Magic - Melinda Schneider
05 - Put 'Em In A Box - Melinda Schneider
06 - The Black Hills Of Dakota - Melinda Schneider
07 - Secret Love - Melinda Schneider
08 - Love Somebody (with David Campbell) - Melinda Schneider
09 - The Deadwood Stage - Melinda Schneider
10 - Sentimental Journey - Melinda Schneider
11 - Teachers Pet - Melinda Schneider
12 - I'll See You In My Dreams - Melinda Schneider

Smokey said...

@The Masaccio of Gonzo
Thank you for the Cecil Taylors. Avantgarde jazz on classic vinyl.

Professor RnR said...

Billboard 1969 Part 07 (updated & remastered)
1. Buck Owens - Who's Gonna Mow Your Grass (S) (2:22)
2. Buck Owens - There's Gotta Be Some Changes Made (S) (2:35)
3. The Rascals - Heaven (3:24)
4. The Rascals - Baby I'm Blue (S) (2:50)
5. The Rascals - Baby I'm Blue (2:50)
6. O. C. Smith - Honey (I Miss You) (S) (3:47)
7. O. C. Smith - Honey (I Miss You) (3:47)
8. O.C Smith - Keep On Keepin' On (S) (4:04)
9. O.C Smith - Keep On Keepin' On (4:04)
10. Three Dog Night - Try A Little Tenderness - Single Mix (4:25)
11. Three Dog Night - No One Ever Hurt So Bad (S) (4:07)
12. Three Dog Night - No One Ever Hurt So Bad (4:07)
13. Three Dog Night - Try A Little Tenderness - Album (S) (4:03)
14. Tiny Tim - Great Balls Of Fire (S) (2:00)
15. Tiny Tim - Great Balls Of Fire (2:01)
16. Tiny Tim - As Time Goes By (3:40)
17. Tiny Tim - As Time Goes By - Album (S) (4:20)
18. The Zombies - Time Of The Season (S) (3:33)
19. The Zombies - Time Of The Season (3:33)
20. The Zombies - Friends Of Mine (S) (2:17)
21. The Zombies - Friends Of Mine (2:17)

Professor RnR said...

22. The Ambassadors - I Really Love You (S) (3:05)
23. The Ambassadors - I Really Love You (3:05)
24. The Ambassadors - Can't Believe You Love Me (2:44)
25. The Iveys - Maybe Tomorrow (S) (2:53)
26. The Iveys - Maybe Tomorrow (2:53)
27. The Iveys - Daddy's A Millionaire (2:09)
28. Blinky - I Wouldn't Change The Man He Is (3:28)
29. Blinky - I'll Always Love You (2:39)
30. The Bubble Puppy - Hot Smoke And Sasafrass (S) (2:38)
31. The Bubble Puppy - Hot Smoke And Sasafrass (2:38)
32. The Bubble Puppy - Lonely - Single Mix (3:00)
33. The Nashville Brass - I Saw The Light (S) (3:02)
34. The Nashville Brass - Maiden's Prayer (S) (2:36)
35. The Five Stairsteps - Baby Make Me Feel So Good (S) (2:43)
36. The Five Stairsteps - Little Young Lover (S) (2:18)
37. Gene & Debbe - Memories Are Made Of This (S) (2:41)
38. Gene & Debbe - Memories Are Made Of This (2:41)
39. Gene & Debbe - The Sun Won't Shine Again (2:17)
40. The Grass Roots - Lovin' Things (S) (2:50)
41. The Grass Roots - You And Love Are The Same (S) (2:47)
42. The Irish Rovers - Lily The Pink (S) (3:20)
43. The Irish Rovers - Lily The Pink (3:22)
44. The Irish Rovers - Mrs. Crandall's Boarding House (S) (2:44)
45. The Irish Rovers - Mrs. Crandall's Boarding House (2:45)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TnUIFmGzbifMwcvu_575iSpiNossfxf2
pass: U26.05.22

Gary Field said...

The Jay Miller Sessions Vol.28 - Clarence "Bon Ton" Garlow
Flyright Records – FLY 586 (1983)

https://we.tl/t-65df0ontfk

https://www.discogs.com/release/3441093-Clarence-Bon-Ton-Garlow-1951-58
----------------------------------------------------------
The Jay Miller Sessions Vol.29 - Lonesome Sundown – Lonesome Whistler 1956-58
Flyright Records – FLY587 (1983)

https://we.tl/t-abdHaWXnMJ

https://www.discogs.com/release/3442492-Lonesome-Sundown-Lonesome-Whistler-1956-58
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The Jay Miller Sessions Vol.30 - Rockin' Dupsee
Flyright Records – Fly 592 (1983)

https://we.tl/t-4gqrvDmcTw

https://www.discogs.com/release/3484552-Rockin-Dupsee-Rockin-With-Dupsee


P.S. @sawyer, I'm afraid I don't have the Flyright lp 'Goin' Away Walking'.I've only got the Jay Miller series on Flyright. Here's the discogs entry for sawyer's request https://www.discogs.com/release/7154909-Various-Goin-Away-Walking. Does anyone else have it?

Carrot Top said...

Songs from old Spaghetti Westerns

Think Elvis and Scott Walker (they are both represented, but all the vocalists attempt to sound like a combination of both) extreme croon of the usual catchy Western existentialist problems over some cool, interesting, and sophisticated Morricone-type arrangements.

I love these tunes. Hope you do, too.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/s78tvqx8rpi6lj0/SPAGWESTSONGS.rar/file

Anonymous said...

Gaius said:

Seems that krakenfiles is working again. Had no problem to d/l the Ghost Club album from the main page. Will have a look again in the evening.

Anonymous said...

Gaius said:

Some early Psychedelic music today. This was and is a quite unknown band with mostly unknown musicians, but a little pearl. This is:

Team Dokus (UK) - Tales from the Underground, 1969, rem. 1994
https://www.imagenetz.de/DQDQP

Carrot Top said...

@Rowan

I don't know what the hell you are talking about. An "escapee from the Woodstock generation"? I wasn't even alive yet. I mostly put up here garage-punk and punk rock for people. I'm just trying to be tactful about my comments because I don't want to be insulting to people here who are into different things or of a different generation. If that makes me less clear or lucid to you, that is the price I'm willing to pay.

I also have a job as an English language teacher. I'm not interested in dumbing down my language for non-native speakers. I do that enough at work. And I'm not trying to be "cool". I am cool and that is how I write. If you don't like it, then fine, but obviously even people like you got some of what I am saying by thinking you are reading between the lines. Maybe that's intentional. You are supposed to do that maybe.

I came here for the music and I'm trying to post things other music collectors, with the same incredibly cool taste I have, might appreciate. That's all. Everything I said about country or southern or hippiebilly rock is valid, but I can't go into more detail or intellectualize or theorize about popular culture or offer musical analysis here. There isn't enough space and I already feel like a dickhead for writing as much as I have.

But, thanks for trying to make me feel like more of a dickhead by putting me down and showing me that people didn't really get what I said or the spirit in which I tried to express it or appreciate my sense of humor.

Good day to you, sir.

Anonymous said...

3 Friday
Animals Live Compilation
Booker T. & The MGs
Dr. John with The Meters 1973 3.5 Chalmette, LA Mardi Gras Mambo_
https://we.tl/t-Q3dW5xHpd3

Bucephalus

Anonymous said...


gorfit says:

Buddy Rich 10
http://buddyrich.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddy_Rich
https://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Buddy_Rich.html

Buddy Rich - 1974 - The Last Blues Album @320

Buddy Rich - 1974 - The Roar Of 74 @vbr

Buddy Rich - 1974 - Tuff Dude @320

https://www.mediafire.com/file/wtlv4v4k5hrg8dw/budric10.rar/file

Thanks to the original uploader

Aaron Vincent said...

@Carrot Top

Thanks for your latest mix, will enjoying it this evening.

I'm an european guy that not use the english language in my daily work, to be honest, I use it most here on TZ and some other music blogs, but I think i read your posts about Country ansd southern rock correctly in some way, and I definitely see your points and appreciate your kind of humour (I like it a lot). You also seems like a smart, nice and cool guy, with very good taste in rock'n'roll for sure. In my opinion your not a dickhead, and if I lived in your neighbrhoods I definitely would like to chit-chat with you about music and life for an hour or two, and the drinks off course would be on me.

Have a cool friday. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

@ tads44 said...

Ecstatic modern jazz violin.


thx dude been after this for a while now

EasilyConfused said...

My Wayne Perkins post of 2 days ago didn't get many downloads, probably because I posted it late at night (London time). So here it is again.

It's Wayne's first solo album, Mendo Hotel, with the the only 3 new tracks from his 2nd, Ramblin' Heart, as bonus tracks.

https://workupload.com/file/x86kvn2HBjx

sawyer said...

thank you "Gary Field" for your prompt (and kind) response to my hopeful request. I had (or thought I had) a digital copy of this one, but opening it I found that only four tracks exist in my folder. I am putting this down to the vagaries of computers, my partner says I need a lump hammer!
Anyway thank you again "Gary Field" I learn so much in my visits here, so thank you all.
Bottleneck

Anonymous said...

Sad news rip Alan White!

Alan White Dead at 72

https://people.com/music/yes-drummer-alan-white-dead-age-72/

Henry

Vin said...

@MoxysoulandjazzLFC

Here's Dance Floor Winners Vol. 4-6

I don't have the last 2 volumes

https://www.imagenetz.de/4Ct2h


Anonymous said...

Barry Adamson – Live At The Union Chapel 15 tracks, if anyone would be so kind

Regards

clash said...

Sir Douglas Quintet – Mendocino (1969) Vinyl @320
http://www51.zippyshare.com/v/pGO21eYw/file.html
https://www.discogs.com/Sir-Douglas-Quintet-Mendocino/release/1419657

Muddy Waters ‎– Rolling Stone (1982) Vinyl @320
https://www79.zippyshare.com/v/TRPeRolX/file.html
https://www.discogs.com/Muddy-Waters-Rolling-Stone/release/2725610

Junior Parker / James Cotton / Pat Hare ‎– Mystery Train (1990) Vinyl @320
https://www73.zippyshare.com/v/Rw38W7o5/file.html
https://www.discogs.com/Junior-Parker-James-Cotton-Pat-Hare-Mystery-Train/release/5344062

zigzagwanderer said...

@ Zippy

As requested ;

The Psychedelic Furs - El Mocambo 1981

https://krakenfiles.com/view/XKHPuVtR4f/file.html


Enjoy !

zigzagwanderer said...

Anonymous said...
Barry Adamson – Live At The Union Chapel 15 tracks, if anyone would be so kind

Regards

I no longer fill anonymous posts , be polite & use a nickname .

Anonymous said...

Hi friends,

anyone have Steve Earle - Townes (2009)?

Thanks in adavnce

Junner

Marty said...

Hello,

Does anyone have the following:

"Various - Own Grown Music Volume One 2003"

Any help would really be appreciated. Thank you.

Randolph Carter said...

I may have missed a post last week about the passing of Evángelos Odysséas Papathanassíou, known to the world as Vangelis, on May 17.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg0cmhjdiLs
R.I.P.

Searnav said...

Easily Confused, if your links are on Zippy, don't trust their download statistics. Mine regularly show zero downloads and suddenly the next day it's 100 to 150. Something's wrong with their statistics software.

Anonymous said...

Zigzagwanderer, re Barry Adamson
My name's Tracey. Hope that's to your satisfaction
Regards

bostig said...

@Junner

Here is Townes, deluxe. Enjoy

https://www.imagenetz.de/dvoTb

Mister Movie Club said...

Free Friday Films brings you The Kids In The Hall's lost classic...

BRAIN CANDY

Gen X doesn’t have a lot to show for itself, but it does have the greatest sketch comedy troupe to come down the pike since Monty Python: Canada’s The Kids in the Hall, whose endurance continues well into the 21st Century with a new season almost 3 decades later. Between their last TV season and this new one, they released an odd little feature film that came and went: Brain Candy, which has been kept alive as a 90’s cult comedy classic by KITH’s many rabid fans, but forgotten by pretty much everyone else.

Movie versions of TV shows are popular to attempt but rarely successful; translating sketch comedy into a feature format even less so. For every Monty Python and the Holy Grail there are countless failures-that-shall-not-be-named as comedy teams realize that what works in 5 minute chunks doesn’t really sustain itself for 90. Brain Candy is no Holy Grail, but it’s no It’s Pat either (look it up.) It maintains the spirit of what makes KITH so brilliant- their offbeat and ironic sensibilities- and works that sensibility into a functional narrative about a new pill that makes you happy… too happy, as it turns out.

Oddly enough, the basic premise isn’t that different from David Foster Wallace’s Infinite Jest, which also came out in 1996- though the two works couldn’t be more different. In the tradition of the Pythons, all 5 Kids- Dave Foley, Bruce McCulloch, Mark McKinney, Kevin McDonald and Scott Thompson- play multiple roles, many of them in drag. There aren’t a ton of laugh-out-loud moments, but there are a few, including the very offensive and still hilarious Cancer Boy character, which managed to offend a lot of people even back in the 90’s- KITH being a prime example of how you can push the boundaries of taste and offensiveness in an intelligent, creative, artistic way.

Equally brilliant is Scott Thompson’s closeted gay dad character, Wally Terzinsky, who finally finds the gumption to come out with the help of this happy pill. The Kids have always been at the forefront of satirizing society’s homophobia, and with the extra time allotted in a feature narrative, they’re finally able to flesh out some of these sketch ideas to their full extent. Though a lot of the quirkiness remains just that- quirky, if not quite hilarious- Brain Candy is never not enjoyable. It is, in fact, a slow burn that stays with you, building your appreciation after the fact.

As a special bonus, we present to you the original workprint cut, featuring deleted scenes and a completely different- and darker- ending. It’s worth watching if only to compare the two versions and how much the film changes because of them. There’s also a whole scene between McDonald and Gen X fave Janeane Garofalo, and a scattering of other gags that didn’t make the final cut. It’s a very rough looking VHS dub, but a fascinating peek inside the process of making of this unique 90’s comedy.

https://movieclub578540955.wordpress.com/2022/05/27/kids-in-the-hall-brain-candy-original-workprint-cut-final-cut/comment-page-1/#comment-263

Anonymous said...

Thanx unclegil for 'No Jive' Been away for a few days and only just seen your post on 24th. Max.

MoxysoulandjazzLFC said...

Anonymous Vin said...

Here's Dance Floor Winners Vol. 4-6

thanks aagain vin ,your a star lad! other 2 might show up via our kind hosts.

zigzagwanderer said...

@ Tracey , it's always good to see a name attached to a request , thankyou .


Barry Adamson - Live At The Union Chapel

https://krakenfiles.com/view/27FPSbDUi4/file.html


Enjoy !

Stefano said...

....Aaron Vincent said...
Just another mixtape with some groovy, funky and swampy country from the late sixties and early seventies. As usual inspired by (and a honor to) the great compilations "Country Funk" by Lights In The Attic, "Country Got Soul" by Casula Records and "Delta Swamp Rock" by Soul Jazz Records. And, off course a big salute to these recordings, artists and era. Hope some of you find them funky as well, have a great friday. Cheers.

Concerning this kind of music I found on the web this fantastic collection:
https://www.discogs.com/label/1964625-Keep-On-Chooglin
VA - Keep On Choglin' Vols. 1-38 BY Homo Swampus Label.
Anyone who can share some volumes?

Music Of The Seventies said...

@320:

Ellis - Riding On The Crest Of A Slump (1972)
https://uptobox.com/mtyu8inqxduv
info: https://www.discogs.com/master/319830-Ellis-Riding-On-The-Crest-Of-A-Slump

Stepping Out - Another Concert Somewhere (1969)
https://uptobox.com/9g8efbyl95bb
info: https://www.discogs.com/de/release/9879760-Stepping-Out-Another-Concert-Somewhere-

The End - Introspection (1969)
https://uptobox.com/65grh19p5ah1
info: https://www.discogs.com/master/248441-The-End-Introspection

Phantom Of The Rock Opera said...

Guys,

I hate to be the school prefect but a couple of days ago someone posted Upside Down Vol.8 & Vol.9. The thing is Volume 9 was published at the end of last year and Volume 8 is barely 3 months old.

Now the thing is if small labels like Particle records cannot sell out there releases and both these releases are still readily available from the likes of Amazon then the likes of Particles will go out of business and without them we will not have any such compilations to share. Labels like Particles, Grapefruit, Teensville and the many under Cherry Red records are invaluable to sixties and seventies collectors like myself and it would be a crying shame if they disappeared.

Furthermore, the more current releases the site provides links to, the more likely it is that it will attract the wrong sort of attention. The sort of attention that forced it to impose the restrictions on here that should prevent the posting of comps like the two Upside down ones. So please can people abide by the rules?

If something is sold out and hard to get hold of then fair enough do share away but when its just come out? Give people a chance to sell their product....

Man from Mordor said...

Lotsa people here over intellectualising rock and pop. At the end of the day, it’s just a noise you like or don’t. The only music worthy of analysis is that which is composed and for which you can study the score. Let’s face it, most of us (me included) are musical ignoramuses and wouldn’t know their brass from their oboe, couldn’t tell a crochet from a hatchet and probably have van Gogh’s ear for music. Just listen to what you enjoy and ignore the rest . . . live and let live - there’ll be too much silence when you’re dead.

Aaron Vincent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Zigzagwanderer, re Barry Adamson

Many thanks. All the very best

Tracey

RYP said...

Phantom Of The Rock Opera,
if you have already ventured out of cover as a "school prefect", please let me know where I can find the appropriate comments to delete them! Since I am dependent on the help of all visitors of the TwilightZone for this question, I would like to thank you expressly for your admonition to the brazen rule-breakers!

Quickxie said...

Hi y'all.

Is it possible that someone out there has a copy of the album"Rig - Rig". It's a very nice country rock album with good harmonies.
I found it on youtube but it was in very bad quality. so maybe someone can offer something better. If you do, please post it. It would be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Phantom Of The Rock Opera said...

@Gary Field. To answer briefly the ones you posted 18 hours before I made my post

@Carrot_Top

Three observations. First no one came to kajagoogoo's defence probably because they became a standing joke, certainly in their home country (I forget why but likely because they came across as superficial and fake) some decades ago. Secondly you are overthinking such things. Say what you think and if others object that's their problem. Lastly its highly ironic to read Americans denouncing the 'dumbing down' of the English language.

@Rowan Why don't you just ask Carrot Top to 'get a room' (I think thats the parlance) with you?

Anonymous said...

@bostig, thanks for Steve Earle my friend!

Junner

EasilyConfused said...

@searnav

I gave up zippy years ago after they deleted all my links with no notice or explanation. Then imagenetz did exactly the same thing. I'm now happily with workupload and have no complaints - so far!

Anonymous said...

Does anyone in TWZ have a copy of More Downhomw Blues (4 track EP) on Jan & Dil 451, That they could share, Thanx, Max

Anonymous said...

@ zigzagwanderer

Thank you for the Live Furs

Have a great weekend!

Zippy

Anonymous said...

TZ

Looking for Hot Tuna Pair of Dice Found 1990

Best regards

MR

Aaron Vincent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Gaius said:

@Junner - + Steve Earle

You can get it here:
https://myzuka.club/Album/714577/Steve-Earle-Townes-2009

or here:
https://free-mp3-download.net/
by enabling 'Search using our VPN' and THEN entering Steve Earle - Townes.

Anonymous said...

Gaius said:

Just another Folkie one. As far as I know this band came from North Lincolnshire, 4 male + 2 female singers, all just acoustic and playing a wide array of instruments, including acoustic guitar, fiddle, harmonium, bells, recorder, and autoharp. Didn't see that band with their one and only release so much in the net.

Silver Birch (UK) - s/t album, 1974 (Vinyl Rip)
https://www.imagenetz.de/DcwET

Rhodb said...

Thanks Bostig for the Steve Earl Townes share wonderful music Regards

Anonymous said...

Hey carrot top. Your rant was correct. Truly enjoyed your writing. and people here are a bit too thin skinned sometimes. Keep writing and posting. It's all about enjoying and exploring the music. If people don't get that, it's their loss. Thanks again.

Rowan said...

Dear Carrot Top. Thank you for your lucid reply, young man. I KNEW you could do it. Appreciate your explanation of Self. The bit about the Woodstock generation wasn't to do with your age, but a dig at the Hippy-speak culture of the time. Don't take what I said to you, too much to heart. Oh yes, As a 70s burnout, in my opinion, the 70s, and the last half of the 60s were, musically, and in every way the best time of my life. I lived in America...twice over those years and actually felt safe, surfing and living with my many friends. I was, however, very wary of travelling down to Dixie so I stayed clear. Too churchy and unstable. Now, as we English say, "carry on".

FiveGunsWest said...

EasilyConfused said...
@searnav

I gave up zippy years ago after they deleted all my links with no notice or explanation. Then imagenetz did exactly the same thing. I'm now happily with workupload and have no complaints - so far!

Wayne Perkins link doesn't work. LOL. Have a nice weekend EC

Rowan said...

"Get a room"? That's akin to pricking a teddy bear with a pin. Nah! Show 'em the axe. ( Imaginary Smiley emoji added). In my parlance, such a statement wouldn't be used.

EasilyConfused said...

Rig - Rig @192

https://workupload.com/file/xdWFs7ppUHn

Jumpstart said...

@Man from Mordor:

To some point I agree with you that there can sometimes be too much intellectuallizing about music. But when you write the following I must protest:

"The only music worthy of analysis is that which is composed and for which you can study the score."

This statement is simply not true. All music is composed in one way or another. If it's written down or not is completely beside the point. The level of complexity or musical sophistication has very little to do with wether there is a written score or not. For example, there is lots of jazz that is both harmonically, melodically and rhythmically more advanced and complex than most classical music.

And of course all musicians analyze music more or less, as they are learning to play. I am sure that in the late 1950's John Lennon, Paul McCartney and the rest of The Beatles spent lots of hours analyzing the songs of for example Elvis Presley and Carl Perkins in order to learn how to play rock'n'roll. And I'm sure that right now there are thousands of aspiring young musicians around the world analyzing everything from The Beatles to Ed Sheeran to death metal riffs in order to learn to play the kind of music they like and are influenced by.

And no, I am not a complete musical ignoramus. I played music semi-professionally for a number of years, and I still play with local bands from time to time, so I have some idea what I'm talking about.

/Jumpstart

pd said...

Hi..
I have a couple of Charlie Chaplin albums that are on loan from the internet (Thanks To Original Uploader) that I am now returning:

Oh! That Cello
[55MB] CD-1 - https://mega.nz/#F!dwE2nKyI!3oR-p2ITF0ElEp4ikAkt2Q
[62MB] CD-2 - https://mega.nz/#F!JwdBVR5L!gVGBm47QjfXX_q4ZVysltA

City Lights
[73MB] https://mega.nz/#F!Mk0GmYoL!jJWXMnvTVrb-HfEXXRaTEQ

take care
pd

Searnav said...

FiveGunsWest, the Wayne Perkins link DOES work. It's been downoloaded 182 times so far.

Aaron Vincent said...

@Stefano

Thanks for inform about the german bootleg cd-r company. Never heard about those german pricks. They seems to like the Country Groove and Blues Groove serie I put out on TZ back in 2016-2017 I noticed on their track lists, they even like those series as musch as they copied my "text" as I used back then (in their booklet) wich you copy paste in your post. Interesting, they sell home made mixtapes, bastards.

Next time you copy my original post-text, and want the people on TZ to share a 30 volume serie, I should appreciate if you at least could thank me for the mixtape I share, wich you seemed to like that much as you want this german serie. I don't search I fight here, just good behaviour. For the moment you just appear to be a very greedy and and a uneducated dude with no sense timing. Comments/posts such as yours, make wanna leave TZ or just stop sharing mixtapes (some of them have cost much money and time to compil for your information).

Have a great saturday Stefano, after all I'm happy you liked those Country Groove mixtapes I made, you got a good taste in music;-)

Have a cool weekend!

Anonymous said...

searnav

I sold that double LP years ago

WHO CARES !!