We have a first entry each day that is a picture or a video, and only in that entry you can place your music links and requests (NO ALBUMS RELEASED IN 2020 AND AFTER, AND A DAILY LIMIT OF 3 ALBUMS)! Here you can say what you like, unless it's offensive, racist or discriminatory! Please keep your language polite and respectful.
All the rest official posts will only allow comments related to the official posts and such. That way it will keep things much more organized and tidy.
Enjoy! RYP and Gyro1966
Thursday, 26 May 2022
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

47 comments:
The Slapbacks - Rust'n'Dust (Rhythm Bomb Records RBR 5843)
https://www.imagenetz.de/gyecW
The Slapbacks - Roasted & Toasted (Part Records)
https://www.imagenetz.de/mo6j4
NONSTOP ROCKIN' & ROLLIN' #064
01 - Easy Lazy 'C' Silver Slippers - Hole In My Heart
02 - Vinnie Monte - Naughty Naughty Baby
03 - Bill Smarme - Red Planet Rock (Smarmy Version)
04 - The Centuries - Outer Limits
05 - Whitey Mack & His Booze Hounds - The Key To Death And Hell
06 - Margaret Lewis - Shake A Leg
07 - Rip Masters - Bare Knuckle Piano
08 - Jimmy Reed - Knocking On Your Door
09 - The Dragtones - Out Of Fuel
10 - Tommy Albertus - Donna
11 - Ritchie Valens - Cry Cry Cry
12 - Wilbert Harrison - Drafted
13 - Wilbert Harrison - At The World's Fair
14 - Wilbert Harrison - Little School Girl
15 - Jack Rabbit Slim - Sparkling Brown Eyes
16 - Joe Houston - Movin' And Groovin'
17 - Carmol Taylor - Too Old To Rock'n'Roll
18 - Doug Wilshire & The Rock-A-Tones - Five Star Boogie
19 - John Leyton & The Western All-Stars - Voodoo Woman
20 - The Ventures - Sugaree
21 - The Shadows - Big Boy
22 - Pete G & The Magnitones - Promised Land
23 - Bonnie Lou - Friction Heat
24 - Deke Dickerson - Cut Loose
25 - Boris - Hully Gully Time
26 - Mad Jack 'N' The Hatters - 20 Flight Rock
https://archive.org/details/nonstop-rockin-rollin-064
Ohio Express – Mercy
Original LP = Buddah BDS 5037 (USA 1969)
My LP = Buddah K109/7 (The Netherlands 1969)
The Dutch pressing is rather rare as it was only sold by mail to the members of the “Boek En Plaat” (Book and Record) club.
I won’t start telling the story and the members of this “fake” band. Read the very complicated story of all the output under that name by an incredible cast of studio musicians:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ohio_Express
1. A1 Mercy (2:25)
2. A2 Lucky (2:10)
3. A3 Sha La La (2:21)
4. A4 Nighttime (1:49)
5. A5 Peanuts (2:09)
6. A6 Up Against The Wall (2:40)
7. B1 Sweeter Than Sugar (2:05)
8. B2 Jacksonville Station (2:55)
9. B3 Ooh La La (2:08)
10. B4 Come On Down Maryann (2:42)
11. B5 Gimme Gimme (2:37)
Artwork Included (USA and The Netherlands fronts, backs, labels) (some from Discogs, some freshly scanned from my LP)
https://www57.zippyshare.com/v/QJ5kBdbJ/file.html
Herbie Hancock - Jazz & Blues Collection No 63
Atlas / Charly WIS CD 663 (France 1996)
Recorded in New York 1961
1. Byrd House (10:52)
2. Curros (11:51)
3. Day Dreams (5:10)
4. I'm An Old Cowhand (9:44)
5. It's A Beautiful Evening (5:21)
6. Mr. Lucky (8:09)
7. Out Of This World (9:40)
Artwork Included (front, back, CD)
https://www58.zippyshare.com/v/kTXdipTc/file.html
Repost by request
Pete Townshend – The Genius Of Pete Townshend
Trade Mark Of Quality TMQ 71056 (USA 1978)
I used to own this single TMQ LP. I stupidly sold it 20 years or so ago, after saving it to a reel tape. I still have the tape, but the tracks here are from other sources. The artwork presented here is from Discogs; it matches the LP that I used to own.
1. Pure And Easy (8:34)
2. Behind Blue Eyes (3:26)
3. Goin' Mobile (4:13)
4. Mary (4:17)
5. Time Is Passing (3:25)
6. Love Ain't For Keeping (1:31)
7. Won't Get Fooled Again (8:29)
8. Song Is Over (5:41)
Vinyl Artwork Included (front, back, labels)
https://www116.zippyshare.com/v/T8EoXYrV/file.html
New Thursday
Lou Reed - Werchter Festival, Werchter BE 7.8.1984 FM
Sublime11_14_94
TERRY&THEPIRATES 800524SanFrancisco
https://we.tl/t-PGlWBbiFtS
Bucephalus
Australian [and some New Zealand] Bands - The 2000s
Melinda Schneider
Melinda Schneider (born Melinda-Jane Bean; 7 October 1971) is an Australian country music singer and songwriter and radio host. Schneider has been performing since she was three and sang with her mother on the album The Magic of Yodeling at the age of eight. Schneider is a multi-Golden Guitar winner at the Country Music Awards of Australia in Tamworth, winning her sixth with Paul Kelly for 'Vocal Collaboration of the Year' for their duet "Still Here" in 2009.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melinda_Schneider
Part 1 of 3
2000-My Oxygen
https://www.imagenetz.de/kJsuW
TV Or Me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpQUi_wSgk8
01 - TV Or Me - Melinda Schneider
02 - Look Me Up - Melinda Schneider
03 - Simple To Say - Melinda Schneider
04 - From The Inside Out - Melinda Schneider
05 - Count To 3 - Melinda Schneider
06 - 3 Rings - Melinda Schneider
07 - My Oxygen - Melinda Schneider
08 - Life's Too Long To Live Like This - Melinda Schneider
09 - Rapunzel - Melinda Schneider
10 - Give Us A Happy Home - Melinda Schneider
11 - Smack Dab - Melinda Schneider
12 - Some Girls - Melinda Schneider
13 - Heart Of A Woman - Melinda Schneider
14 - Watching Over me - Melinda Schneider
15 - Love's Out To Get Me (bonus track) - Melinda Schneider
16 - Love Away The Night (duet with Adam Brand - bonus track) - Melinda Schneider
17 - (Hey You) Count To 3 (James Roche remix - bonus track) - Melinda Schneider
2003-Happy Tears
https://www.imagenetz.de/hyDY9
The Story Of My Life - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpdMV9t1nMw
01 - The Story Of My Life - Melinda Schneider
02 - Damn Love - Melinda Schneider
03 - Living It Down - Melinda Schneider
04 - He Still Calls Her Angel - Melinda Schneider
05 - Superwoman - Melinda Schneider
06 - Can You Hear Me Down The Hillside - Melinda Schneider
07 - When The Last Child Leaves Home - Melinda Schneider
08 - Gods Time - Melinda Schneider
09 - Small Stuff - Melinda Schneider
10 - I Love You You're Perfect
11 - She's Still Got It - Melinda Schneider
12 - No More Tears To Cry - Melinda Schneider
13 - Wearing White (duet with Michael Carr) - Melinda Schneider
14 - Hallelujah I'm Ready - Melinda Schneider
15 - Ther'es A Bridle Hanging On The Wall (feat. Smoky Dawson) - Melinda Schneider
16 - My Dog Don't Like You - Melinda Schneider
17 - When The Last Child Leaves Home (duet with Billy Thorpe) - Melinda Schneider
18 - I'm My Own Grandpa (with the Schneider Sisters) - Melinda Schneider
19 - Love Lifted Me - Melinda Schneider
20 - Reach Out (duet with Jimmy Little) - Melinda Schneider
2004-Family Tree
https://www.imagenetz.de/jyqVB
I Wanna Be Married - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuVw_wSx8GQ
01 - Family Tree - Melinda Schneider
02 - Sgt Bean - Melinda Schneider
03 - Beautiful Thing - Melinda Schneider
04 - Walk That Wire - Melinda Schneider
05 - Dream Him Home - Melinda Schneider
06 - The Healing Power Of Helpless Laughter - Melinda Schneider
07 - I Wanna Be Married - Melinda Schneider
08 - Real People - Melinda Schneider
09 - Goodbye House - Melinda Schneider
10 - The L Word - Melinda Schneider
11 - What Was I Thinking - Melinda Schneider
Some years ago I made a mixtape with my fav Neil Young-covers from 2002-2018. Here's one I made recently with covers from 1967-1974. It includes songs from this periods solo albums, songs he written as a member in Buffalo Springfield an also one with CSNY. Maybe someone else find the mix enjoyable listening to. Have a great thursday. Cheers.
VA - VA - Into The Black 2; The World Of Neil Young (23 Performances By Other Artists 1967-1974)
01. John Entwistle - Cinnamon Girl (1971)
02. Unicorn - I've Loved Her So Long (1971)
03. Jackie DeShannon - Only Love Can Break Your Heart (1972)
04. McPhee - Southern Man (1970)
05. Hookfoot - Don't Let It Bring You Down (1971)
06. The Road - Mr. Soul (1969)
07. Bernie Schwartz - Round And Round (1970)
08. Chris Smither - I Am A Child (1970)
09. Francoise Hardy - Till The Morning Comes (1972)
10. Claudine Longet - Birds (1972)
11. Bettye Lavette - Heart Of Gold (1972)
12. Richie Havens - The Loner (1974)
13. Wild Butter - I've Been Waiting For You (1970)
14. Rita Coolidge - I Believe In You (1971)
15. The Byrds - Cowgirl In The Sand (1973)
16. McKendree Spring - Down By The River (1972)
17. The Guess Who - Flying on the Ground Is Wrong (1967)
18. Fever Tree - Nowadays Clancy Can't Even Sing (1968)
19. Southern Comfort - Harvest (1972)
20. Tommy Graham - After The GoldRush (1972)
21. Heaven Bound - On The Way Home (1972)
22. Kings Road - Old Man (1972)
23. Euson - Helpless (1971)
https://www4.zippyshare.com/v/AKoVPhnB/file.html
THURSDAY NIGHT VIDEO
THE KINKS - KRONOLOGY 1 (1964-1965)
Feb '64-Dec '65
The cavern, The Beat Room, Shindig!, Hullaballo, NME Pollwinners Concert, Paris, Quoi De Neuf, Shivaree, Where The Action Is, Discothec, Reykjavik & Drop In. Essential viewing!!!!!!!!
https://we.tl/t-qYyEQa07Rb
Scandinavian Modern Jazz Vol. 6 (1973)
01 Bertil Strandberg - Cirrus (1973)
02 Tasavallan Presidentti - Lambertland (1973)
03 Tasavallan Presidentti - Celebration Of The Saved Nine (1973)
04 Berndt Egerbladh - Glädjens Blomster (1973)
05 Eero Koivistoinen & Co. - Latin Power (1973)
06 Berndt Egerbladh - Harjedalspolska (1973)
07 Eero Koivistoinen - Down (1973)
08 Bertil Strandberg - Cambodia (1973)
09 Berndt Egerbladh - Ja, Kom Da! (1973)
10 Rena Rama - Just In Case (1973)
11 Eero Koivistoinen & Co. - Near But Far Away (1973)
12 Berndt Egerbladh - Nybyggarland (1973)
13 Lars Gullin - Silhouette (1973)
https://www20.zippyshare.com/v/lmrDaEki/file.html
Scandinavian Modern Jazz Vol. 7 (1973-1974)
01 Staffan Abeleen Quintet - Mr. Minor (1974)
02 Terje Rypdal - Silver Bird Is Heading For The Sun (1974)
03 Eero Koivistoinen - Hot C (1973)
04 Edward Vesala - Areous Vlor Ta (1974)
05 Jukka Tolonen - Summer Games (1973)
06 Janne Schaffer - Titus (1973)
07 Esko Linnavalli Sextet - There's My Sweetheart (1973)
08 Egba - Green Clouds (1974)
09 Eero Koivistoinen Quartet feat. Philip Catherine - Near But Far Away (Live Version, 1974)
10 Esko Linnavalli Sextet - On The Hills Of Carelia (1973)
11 Lars Gullin - Subway (1973)
https://www109.zippyshare.com/v/X7OVT0XT/file.html
Scandinavian Modern Jazz Vol. 8 (1974-1976)
01 Berndt Egerbladh - Staffansvisan (1974)
02 Egba - The Black And The White (1974)
03 Olli Ahvenlahti - Breeze (1975)
04 Resa - Dalecarlian Samba (1975)
05 Spjärnsvallet - Elvan (1976)
06 Eje Thelin Group - Little Green Men (1975)
07 Edward Vesala - Love For Living (1974)
08 Mads Vinding Group - Funky But... (1974)
09 Opposite Corner - Melodi Från Ghana (1976)
10 Finn Savery Trio - North Of Central Park (1976)
11 Wigwam - Planetist (1974)
12 Terje Rypdal - Silver Bird Is Heading For The Sun (Live Version, 1975)
13 Resa - Sjunde Utseglet (1975)
https://www40.zippyshare.com/v/aAM9gUyj/file.html
Billboard 1969 Part 06 (updated & remastered)
1. The Banana Splits - The Tra La La Song (One Banana, Two Banana) (2:21)
2. The Banana Splits - Toy Piano Melody (S) (2:27)
3. The Banana Splits - Toy Piano Melody (2:26)
4. Classics IV - Traces (S) (2:45)
5. Classics IV - Traces (2:47)
6. Classics IV - Mary, Mary Row Your Boat (S) (2:10)
7. Classics IV - Mary, Mary Row Your Boat (2:10)
8. Bobby Darin - Long Line Rider (S) (2:58)
9. Bobby Darin - Change (S) (2:23)
10. Donovan - Atlantis (S) (5:01)
11. Donovan - To Susan On The West Coast Waiting (S) (3:13)
12. Everything Is Everything - Witchi Tai To (2:54)
13. Everything Is Everything - Oooh Baby (S) (3:02)
14. Everything Is Everything - Oooh Baby (3:02)
15. Eddie Floyd - I've Got To Have Your Love (S) (2:48)
16. Eddie Floyd - I've Got To Have Your Love (2:47)
17. Eddie Floyd - Girl I Love You (S) (3:17)
18. Eddie Floyd - Girl I Love You (3:17)
19. Bobby Goldsboro - Glad She's A Woman (S) (2:50)
20. Bobby Goldsboro - Glad She's A Woman (2:47)
21. Bobby Goldsboro - Letter To Emily (S) (2:24)
22. Bobby Goldsboro - Letter To Emily (2:24)
23. Al Hirt - If (S) (2:10)
24. Al Hirt - If (2:10)
25. Al Hirt - Penny Arcade (2:28)
26. The Intruders - Give Her A Transplant (2:47)
27. The Intruders - Girls Girls Girls (2:21)
28. Sonny James - Only The Lonely (S) (2:40)
29. Sonny James - Only The Lonely (2:40)
30. Sonny James - The Journey (3:48)
31. Frankie Laine - You Gave Me A Mountain (S) (4:00)
32. Frankie Laine - You Gave Me A Mountain (4:00)
33. Frankie Laine - The Secret Of Happiness (2:08)
34. Brenda Lee - Johnny One Time - Single Edit (3:17)
35. Brenda Lee - I Must Have Been Out Of My Mind (2:26)
36. Brenda Lee - Johnny One Time - Album (S) (3:34)
37. The Lovin' Spoonful - Me About You - Single Mix (2:48)
38. The Lovin' Spoonful - Amazing Air (S) (2:52)
39. The Lovin' Spoonful - Amazing Air (2:52)
40. The Meters - Sophisticated Cissy (S) (2:50)
41. The Meters - Sehorns Farms (S) (2:26)
42. The New Christy Minstrels - Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (S) (2:17)
43. The New Christy Minstrels - Me Old Bam-Boo (S) (2:10)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=13vyPy2XBZpzI3r-anFSTHoMClS-ahYRJ
pass: U25.05.22
Anonymous Phantom Of The Rock Opera said...
@Gary_Field. Unfortunately your links have expired already (less than 18 hours after their being posted). Any chance of a re-up?
That's strange, which volumes are you talking about?
gorfit says:
Buddy Rich 09
http://buddyrich.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddy_Rich
https://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Buddy_Rich.html
Buddy Rich - 1972 - Live At Ronnie Scotts @256
Buddy Rich - 1972 - Stickit @320
Buddy Rich - 1973 - Buddy Rich & His Orchestra (Jazz Collector) @320
https://www.mediafire.com/file/fnswp3xtgqenapd/budric09.rar/file
Thanks to the original uploader
Stevie Wonder - London January 31, 1974
info: https://www.discogs.com/master/445117-Stevie-Wonder-Live-USA
192: https://www78.zippyshare.com/v/Jc4rJXSZ/file.html
Bill Nelson - Northern Dream 1971
info: https://www.discogs.com/master/273941-Bill-Nelson-Northern-Dream
320: https://www78.zippyshare.com/v/voLuy06W/file.html
flac: https://www78.zippyshare.com/v/Ikw4e8V3/file.html
Rollins Band - Lyon, France December 7, 1989
info:
01. Lonely
02. Burned Beyond Recognition
03. What Have I Got
04. Tearing
05. Wreck-Age
06. Out There
07. You Didn't Need
08. 1,000 Times Blind
09. Hard
10. Followed Around
11. Ghostrider
12. band introduction
13. Black & White
14. Do It
15. Stand By Me
16. Crazy Lover
320: https://www78.zippyshare.com/v/n9upcgVK/file.html
flac: https://mega.nz/file/9ANGyQiB#khIGi-RO2eUsLXJDf1Ov-IFMeqeaEikqY8NwAVRDG6k
@the trucker hoedown-rock support group
Why isn't anyone rushing in to defend Kajagoogoo? I know, nobody read my message that far.
To me, it's all a matter of context. There are people who understand what I'm saying without explanation, but most people on here probably aren't American. That makes a big difference. And being from a city in a non-country music sympathetic part of the USA you probably get what I'm saying automatically. Also, most people here are probably of a certain age/demographic. A 70s sympathetic age bracket.
At the end of the day, who gives a shit? It's just a bunch of crackers with guitars. (And if you don't know what I mean by crackers, then you probably don't get the context.)
@Aaron Vincent
The man himself. I actually liked some tunes on the couple trucker mixes I've heard. I prefer classic country and usually only if it's something really good, but some of this 70s crap is pretty catchy. Mostly it's 70s production that puts me off 70s music...among other things.
And you are definitely welcome to join Leonard Skajagoogoo. In fact, I think you are the most qualified man in the room.
Definitely a hippiebilly in overalls or bad 70s clothes, moustache and cokehead sunglasses singing and a bunch of Kajagoogoo-looking wannabes backing him up...but they are all wearing shit-kickers (cowboy boots) and cowboy hats.
"Too Shy" could be changed to "Too High" and played in Country Rock or Lynyrd Skynyrd style. Could work.
Back to the music...No more comments from me. Hell no.
FRENCH PUNK & PUNK N ROLL (1977-early 80s)
Yes, it exists and it is much better than you think it is. Si bon!
Sidenote: I was living in Montana, which is out where country-rock truckers live, during the first Iraq war and, yes, they did really change the name of french fries to freedom fries because the French opposed the invasion.
I love Montana, though. No one tried to beat me up when I once started screaming "Viva la France!" drunkenly at closing time in a bar that sold freedom fries. But, maybe they didn't understand what I was saying...hmmm, probably. Never thought of that until now.
Anywho, here's some French Punk Rockin'. Bon appetite!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/fm2gra4fbm96qxr/FRPnR.rar/file
Here's a great swedish jazz album 1969, a soundtrack from the movie with the same name, a swedish cult movie in the crime/thriller vein. The music has Fernlöfs uniue sound, mixed with time typical vibes of the pop culture, includes groovy sitar and psychedelic/hippiesh elements. Have a smoke!
Lasse Fernlöf And His Orchestra - The Chameleon (1969)
https://www.discogs.com/master/987768-Lasse-Fernl%C3%B6f-And-His-Orchestra-The-Chameleon
https://www68.zippyshare.com/v/RBsWd8W2/file.html
jay miller must have been very pale. considering his out volume it looks like he never saw the daylight in his entire life.
Various Artists - Seven Inchers Vol. 48 45’s
Mary Wells - (Hey You) Set My Soul On Fire/Coming Home 7" (1967)
https://www.discogs.com/Mary-Wells-Hey-You-Set-My-Soul-On-Fire-/master/545436
Marvin Gaye - Ain't That Peculiar/She's Got To Be Real 7" (1965)
https://www.discogs.com/Marvin-Gaye-Aint-That-Peculiar-Shes-Got-To-Be-Real/release/622818
The Fantastic Johnny C - Boogaloo Down Broadway/Look What Love Can Make You Do 7" (1967)
https://www.discogs.com/The-Fantastic-Johnny-C-Boogaloo-Down-Broadway-Look-What-Love-Can-Make-You-Do/release/2700231
Dyke And The Blazers - Funky Broadway (Part I)/Funky Broadway (Part II) 7" (1967)
https://www.discogs.com/Dyke-The-Blazers-Funky-Broadway/release/557261
Sam & Dave - Hold On! I'm A Comin'/I Got Everything I Need 7" (1966)
https://www.discogs.com/Sam-Dave-Hold-On-Im-A-Comin-I-Got-Everything-I-Need/release/2696850
Wilson Pickett - If You Need Me/Baby Call On Me 7" (1963)
https://www.discogs.com/Wilson-Pickett-If-You-Need-Me-Baby-Call-On-Me/release/11283384
The Kingpins - Ode To Billie Joe/In The Pocket 7" (1967)
https://www.45cat.com/record/456516https://www.discogs.com/The-Kingpins-Ode-To-Billie-Joe/release/5024425
Otis Redding - Respect/Ole Man Trouble 7" (1965)
https://www.45cat.com/record/v128https://www.discogs.com/Otis-Redding-Respect-Ole-Man-Trouble/release/1206701
The Meters - Sophisticated Cissy/Sehorns Farms 7" (1968)
https://www.discogs.com/The-Meters-Sophisticated-Cissy-Sehorns-Farms/release/938337
The Supremes - Stop! In The Name Of Love/I'm In Love Again 7" (1965)
https://www.45cat.com/record/m1074
https://www.discogs.com/The-Supremes-Stop-In-The-Name-Of-Love/release/591502
Jackie Lee - The Duck/Let Your Conscience Be Your Guide 7" (1965)
https://www.45cat.com/record/5502https://www.discogs.com/Jackie-Lee-The-Duck/release/3983690
Alvin Cash & The Registers - The Philly Freeze/No Deposit - No Return 7" (1966)
https://www.discogs.com/Alvin-Cash-The-Registers-The-Philly-Freeze-No-Deposit-No-Return/release/1399088
Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love/I'm Trying 7" (1968)
https://www.45cat.com/record/sta0009
Timmy Thomas - Why Can't We Live Together/Funky Me 7" (1972)
https://www.discogs.com/Timmy-Thomas-Why-Cant-We-Live-Together/release/453486
Marv Johnson - You Got What It Takes/Don't Leave Me 7" (1959)
https://www.45cat.com/record/185us
https://www.discogs.com/Marv-Johnson-You-Got-What-It-Takes-Dont-Leave-Me/release/4342377
Sam Cooke - You Were Made For Me/Lonely Island 7" (1958)
https://www.discogs.com/Sam-Cooke-You-Were-Made-For-Me/release/2158462
All @320 and all in one zip file
https://www96.zippyshare.com/v/k5naPWv9/file.html
Various Artists - Seven Inchers Vol. 50 45’s
The Unifics - Court Of Love/Which One Should I Choose 7" (1968)
https://www.discogs.com/The-Unifics-Court-Of-Love-Which-One-Should-I-Choose/release/11991668
5000 Volts - I'm On Fire/Still On Fire 7" (1975)
https://www.discogs.com/5000-Volts-Im-On-Fire/release/2979820
The Isley Brothers - If He Can, You Can/Holdin' On 7" (1970)
https://www.discogs.com/The-Isley-Brothers-If-He-Can-You-Can/release/10523446
https://www.45cat.com/record/tn919
Eddie Floyd - Knock On Wood/Got To Make A Comeback 7" (1966)
https://www.discogs.com/Eddie-Floyd-Knock-On-Wood/release/2028688
Ricky Nelson - My Bucket's Got A Hole In It/Believe What You Say 7" (1957)
https://www.discogs.com/Ricky-Nelson-My-Buckets-Got-A-Hole-In-It-Believe-What-You-Say/release/5701021
Gwen McCrae - Rockin' Chair/It Keeps On Raining 7" (1975)
https://www.discogs.com/Gwen-McCrae-Rockin-Chair-It-Keeps-On-Raining/release/4268021
Bill Withers - Ruby Lee/Heartbreak Road 7" (1974)
https://www.discogs.com/Bill-Withers-Ruby-Lee-Heartbreak-Road-/release/10765049
Clarence Carter - Slip Away/Funky Fever 7" (1968)
https://www.discogs.com/Clarence-Carter-Slip-Away-Funky-Fever/release/1316531
Blue Magic - Stop To Start/Where Have You Been 7" (1973)
https://www.discogs.com/Blue-Magic-Stop-To-Start-Where-Have-You-Been/release/4842699
The Dells - Stay In My Corner/Always Together 7" (1982)
https://www.discogs.com/The-Dells-Stay-In-My-Corner-Always-Together/release/2984597
Rufus Thomas - The Dog/Did You Ever Love A Woman 7" (1963)
https://www.discogs.com/Rufus-Thomas-The-Dog-Did-You-Ever-Love-A-Woman/release/4437933
The Mighty Sparrow - Village Ram/She's Been Gone Too Long 7" (1964)
https://www.discogs.com/Mighty-Sparrow-Village-Ram/release/4583259
https://www.45cat.com/record/160us2
Gene Chandler - What Now/If You Can't Be True (Find A Part Time Love) 7" (1964)
https://www.discogs.com/Gene-Chandler-What-Now/release/2070814
Van Morrison - Wild Night/When That Evening Sun Goes Down 7" (1971)
https://www.discogs.com/Van-Morrison-Wild-Night/release/2788445
Ike & Tina Turner - You Should'a Treated Me Right/Sleepless 7" (1962)
https://www.discogs.com/Ike-Tina-Turner-You-Shoulda-Treated-Me-Right/release/2558829
The Impressions - You've Been Cheatin'/Man Oh Man 7" (1965)
https://www.45cat.com/record/4510750
https://www.discogs.com/The-Impressions-Youve-Been-Cheatin/release/3269199
All @320 and all in one zip file
https://www101.zippyshare.com/v/etIeBoMs/file.html
Gaius said:
June Tabor is an English folk singer.Her breakthrough occurred in 1976 when she recorded the album 'Silly Sisters' with Maddy Prior.After a few solo albums she collaborated with Martin Simpson, one of the finest acoustic guitar players in England. Here they are with a very fine Folk album:
June Tabor & Martin Simpson (UK) - A Cut Above, 1980
https://www.imagenetz.de/P3JHd
Request:
Dance Floor Winners Vol. 7
Dance Floor Winners Vol. 8
Thank you
WANTED PLEASE
i have a guy on my blog who is desperate for a copy of the following album if anybody can help please ?
Ruby Winters – The Best Of Ruby Winters (1999) Pegasus CD
thanks Ryp and TZer,s
Gaius said:
@Ramone 666 + Garcia People + Krakenfiles
It seems that there are actual problems with krakenfiles: My own shared album on the main page was blocked, saying virus included, which wasn't really the fact (after proving). Your first album of Garcia People is blocked the same way. The second came down with a 0 Bit folder. But thanks for introducing to this band, new to me. I'll get them anywhere else.
(And for the zippy friends, it took me three hours for the expected d/l of the Miss Fisher spundtrack and in the end I had nothing at all.)
ALLEYWAYS THE FIRST
Intro
Wreck Your V-8 Ford – Phil Alvin & Billy Boy Arnold
The Weight Of My Chains – Johnny Payne
Stoked On Surf – Davie Allan & Arrows
Good Rockin’ Daddy – Big Joe Maher
The Big Break – Richard Berry
Mining For Gold – Cowboy Junkies
Wild Side Of Life – Charlie Feathers
Baby Let’s Play House – The Astronauts
I Shall Not Be Moved – Johnny Cash
Brother Blood – Neville Brothers
Landslide – Arlen Roth
Soul Pilgrim – Satan’s Pilgrim
Slower Baby – J. J. Cale
Crawdad Hole – Jack Earls
Working Class Hero – John Lennon
Heartbreak Hotel – Lynyrd Skynyrd
Kaw-Liga – Del Shannon
Oh Sugar – Ronnie Hawkins
Guitar Beat – The Raybeats
Hold Me, Hug Me, Rock Me – Gene Vincent
Swing, Brother, Swing – Ray Condo
Squeeze Me In – Steve Earls
Lonesome Town – the Surf Trio
Hear My Train Comin’ – Jimi Hendrix
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/Qrr8vaxe/file.html
OR
https://www.mediafire.com/file/gk6fvetijp3661v/Alleyways+The+First.zip/file
Hi TZ'ers! Sharing another 3 albums found on a discovered spool of storage DVDs filled w/all kinds of stuff. Back before I sprang for a portable hard drive lol
Cecil Taylor (3.25.1929 - 4.5.2018) did for the piano what Ornette Coleman did for the saxophone. Free jazz not for the faint hearted.
Cecil Taylor Trio & Quartet - Love For Sale (1959)
https://www.discogs.com/master/291903-Cecil-Taylor-Trio-And-Quintet-Love-For-Sale
https://we.tl/t-vpV0AbfHj8
Cecil Taylor Unit - One Too Many Salty Swift and Not Goodbye (1980)
https://www.discogs.com/release/857458-Cecil-Taylor-Unit-One-Too-Many-Salty-Swift-And-Not-Goodbye
https://we.tl/t-qNJ8fJXnzf
Cecil Taylor w/Tristan Honsinger & Evan Parker - The Hearth (1989)
https://www.discogs.com/release/495408-Cecil-Taylor-with-Tristan-Honsinger-Evan-Parker-The-Hearth
https://we.tl/t-movHA6VqYn
Links expire in 7 days
Enjoy!
Gaius said:
@discussion
If music (whatever genre it is) really means something to people, this music is indissolubly connected with their life, memories, certain age AND the way these people individually see and estimate reality. I've been in the USA several times. And when you're going into a bar in Atlanta, Nashville or Austin, put on your ghetto blaster on the table and play the 'Sex Pistols, it might happen, that you're not around there for a long time.
Germans say: Wie man in den Wald hinein ruft, so schallt es heraus. And if you're provocing people in their natural habitats and if alcohol play its role as a fire accelerant, some things may happen to you and the result maybe more than a broken bone. Humans are apes, and apes mark their territories. And if someone's violationg the common rules (the territory), things might develop to a painful degree.
The bad fate with music is its connection with people's life (and territories). Maybe it isn't 100% true, that you can't argue about people's taste, but you've always to calculate, that someone's taking your judgement personally. For that reason PC was invited to keep people away from being harmed (and harmed a lot of others the other way 'round). In fact, you should go into a Southern bar, crying out loud 'God save the Sex Pistols' and leave the establishment without broken bones. But things are NOT, as they should be. And Ray Davies knew what he did, when he sang 'I'm an Apeman'.
@Kajagoogoo
This isn't really a pure Synthie band, in fact they use instruments, but they were labeled as. And I think, it's NOT a question of age (70's lovers) if you prefer handmade music and not computer generated music. It was quite too obvious in the 80's, that the Major Companies are selling nothing like a good looking face (male / female), sharp-styled (un)dress and a lot of hair instead of music. And the full rollback did happen in the mid of the 80's with small labels and Alternative Rock and culminated with 'Dream Syndicate and Nirvana'. Today you can - if you will - seperate music into (Computer) produced music and music made by real people. And some change in between these genres. Most people around here prefere handmade music. That's one of the reasons I put an info with the credits into my shares, so people are able to read who the hell is the bass player. Because they are able to evaluate the quality of a musician. And THE musician isn't just the front-man/woman alone.
@70's music. It was the last decade where you can read in the lyrics something about 'Freedom and Liberty', instead of 'Boy loves Girl', vice versa and mixed around. And if you ask people who are now well established and having enough money: What were the best years of your life? They say the 70's, eventhough they had not much money during this time for being in education or early beginners in their jobs. It's not the question of money, it's a question of 'Freedom'. (And I don't speak of people who are living under dictatorship in South- and Middle America or Eastern Eurpe in the 70's.).
TZ
Looking for the Psychedelic Furs live at the El Mocambo club (Toronto, CN) 1981. Alot of great bands recorded there. Rolling Stones, Elvis Costello, Stevie Ray Vaughan, The Cars to name a few.
Best Regards
Zippy
Ryp/Gyro
any chance you guys could re-post "Dance Floor Winners" 8 vols please ?
you posted these last year which i didnt get.
many thanks
@ RYP
Im looking for Various – All Punk Rods! (A Devils Dozen Of Deluxe Drag Punk!) Lookout Records 1998. I was inspired by your Estrus Gearbox post.
Thank you and the TZ Family for all that you do!
Zippy
I wonder has this Flyright "Goin'Away Walking - [Flyright LP 103]" album been posted during the recent postings on this blog? I have scrolled back through a goodly number of days without success. If this one has not been posted might I ask any kind soul to post it. However if Gary Field plans to post it, then I will wait happily for its arrival.
Stay safe all.
Bottleneck
@Gaius
Thanks for a proper and a intellectual text. Looking forward to read the forthcomming discussions.
@everybody
I got a question from a member about the "Guilty Pleasure"-bonanza share. I'm still on it. I don't remember wich date we said? How many songs, was it 20 or 40? I have made 2 mixes with 20 tracks each. A very funny and scary project. :-)
@320:
Steel - Steel (1971)
https://uptobox.com/pq952hs8tt6f
info: https://www.discogs.com/de/master/664067-Steel-Steel
Jubal - Jubal - (1972)
https://uptobox.com/k33ujsv027xl
info: https://www.discogs.com/master/498037-Jubal-Jubal
The Elks - Refer To Drawer (1978)
https://uptobox.com/w4o2uqdgtc5h
info: https://www.discogs.com/de/release/6622333-The-Elks-Refer-To-Drawer
@MoxysoulandjazzLFC
Here's Dance Floor Winners Vol. 1-3
I have the first 6 volumes. I will get to 3 more volumes tomorrow.
I don't have Vol. 7 or 8 so hopefully someone can post them.
https://www.imagenetz.de/CgZn7
@Gaius re. Krakenfiles:
Weird that, hope they solve things soon. Glad I got you interested in Garcia Peoples btw. I prefer 'em to Kajagoogoo myself... cheers!
Sorry folks
Too much on my mind at the moment.
Normal service will be resumed tomorrow.
G.
Dear Carrot Top. I don't think "crackers with guitars" are a worry, but crackers with guns are and this is a major problem ordinary Americans face. Regarding your lengthy ravings, if only you could write in a more lucid fashion, without trying to sound "cool", perhaps all those non-Americans could understand what you are getting at, a little better. You have to admit that you come over as some escapee from the Woodstock generation, but reading between your lines, I feel that you are attempting to raise some rather interesting issues. Remember as "Sgt Stadenko" said on that 70s Cheech and Chong album, "only dopes smoke dope". Now let's get back to the music. There's more than enough here for everyone's taste.
@Aaron Vincent (and anyone else who's interested):
I'm glad to hear you're still up for the "guilty pleasures" challenge. You initially suggested 20 songs, which to me sounds like a reasonable amount. I started making a list, and I spontaneously came to think of around 15 titles. I'm pretty sure I'll find a few more if I look through some old mp3 playlists in my computer.
I think the date you suggested was July 1. That date is fine by me, but personally I don't think it matters so much if we post our compilations at the same time. If it's up to me I think those who feel inclined can post their contributions whenever they feel like it.
I can't say I find the project particulary scary. But I think it can be a lot of fun to see what people consider to be guilty musical pleasures. My guess is that one guy's guilty pleasure will turn out to be the record another guy is mighty proud of having in his collection and gladly tells the world about.
/Jumpstart
Big thanks to Aaron Vincent for the Neil Young covers and to Gary Field for the Kinks video.
@Carrot Top: I expressed enthusiasm for Aaron Vincent's Southern Rock comps because he makes great comps and I expect those to be the same.
There's no way I could sit through an entire LP by, say, 38 Special or many of those other bands but a well selected comp should be fun.
Thanks Clash for both 7inch files some tracks I am really eager to hear. Nice work Regards
@Gaius
Thank you for the Tabor/Simpson album A Cut Above. It's an upgrade for me as I've had it for a long while but my copy was at a low bit bitrate. This will be the occasion for a fresh listen.
@Jumpstart
There you are. I think it sounds like a great idea to put them out whenever the tapes are ready, and I really hope other than you and me will put out those Guilty Pleasures, in some way (I speak for myself) it takes some balls to do it, the music on my two tapes isn't rare northern/southern soul, or a "roots of the Cramps"-bonanza, it's in some way cream of the crap, but, in other way, songs you love and hate in the same way, and definitely be a shame of to like. ;-)
Anonymous Vin said...
@MoxysoulandjazzLFC
Here's Dance Floor Winners Vol. 1-3
I have the first 6 volumes. I will get to 3 more volumes tomorrow.
I don't have Vol. 7 or 8 so hopefully someone can post them.
many thanks vin your a star lad!
Wonderful K I N K S!!!!....MANY Thanks!!!!!!
@Gaius
Please stop with your generalisations. Anyone who has the faintest inkling of what was happening in the United Kingdom (the IRA bombings and Northern Ireland troubles, mass strikes, 25% inflation, mortgage crushing interest rates, football violence, widespread power outages, garbage piling up on the street, joining the EEC, the dead remaining unburied, mass unemployment etc etc) will know that in the last 75 years the 1970's is still probably the worst decade (and musically not even a shadow on the 1960's) that its citizens have had to suffer. You don't think youth culture in the UK turned to punk because they were happy do you? I grew up during that decade and in many ways it was a blessing when it was over.
Still if I recall correctly Germany had a pretty good 1970's......
PS I forgot to thank you for the Windows 10 conversion of the old Windows games. That was a very thoughtful thing to do. So thank you!
Thanks Aaron for Into The Black & Lasse Fernlöf.
@Gary Fields, Thanks a lot for the THE KINKS - KRONOLOGY 1 (1964-1965). It's an excellent collection.
Post a Comment