Tuesday, 24 May 2022

…and now for something completely different! 1695 - 2022

These arrogant fucking politicians, warlords and religious don't give a fuck about us, they only pretend! Go to hell! They don't know that they are as superfluous as telephone disinfectors and hairdressers! It is to cry for! - RYP

We have a first entry each day that is a picture or a video, and only in that entry you can place your music links and requests (NO ALBUMS RELEASED IN 2020 AND AFTER, AND A DAILY LIMIT OF 3 ALBUMS)! Here you can say what you like, unless it's offensive, racist or discriminatory! Please keep your language polite and respectful. All the rest official posts will only allow comments related to the official posts and such. That way it will keep things much more organized and tidy. Enjoy! RYP and Gyro1966

60 comments:

DooWopDaddyO said...




The Round Up Boys - Hits For Teen-Agers (Rhythm Bomb Records RBR 5814)
https://www.imagenetz.de/fKA2s


FRANK BARRACUDA UND DIE ROUND UP BOYS - SECHS RICHTIGE (HEY! BLAU EP HBL-20034)
https://www.imagenetz.de/kjeda


GREAT ROCKABILLY SHOWDOWN - LIVE AT DRÖHNLAND BALLROOM, NÜRNBERG, GERMANY (CUPPAMORE RECORDS 13 - 1989)
https://www.imagenetz.de/jSaKE


Searnav said...

Pancho requested The Rolling Thunder Revue yesterday. Here are three shows. I have more but I'll stick to those three.


Bob Dylan – Believe What You Heard – The Rolling Thunder Revue

My LP = Ze Anonym Plattenspieler ZAP 7850 (USA 1976)

With Joan Baez on harmony vocals on tracks A1, A2, A3, A5 and B5

Abrupt starts and endings of some tracks are as they are on the vinyl.

Side A - Boston Music Hall, November 21, 1975

1. A1 The Water Is Wide (mistitled ''Sink Or Swim'') (5:50)
2. A2 Mama, You Been On My Mind (misspelled ''Momma'') (2:54)
3. A3 Dark As A Dungeon (mistitled ''Down In The Mine'') (3:49)
4. A4 Sara (5:17)
5. A5 I Shall Be Released (4:28)
6. A6 Tangled Up In Blue (4:37)

Side B - Providence, Rhode Island, November 4, 1975

7. B1 A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall (6:35)
8. B2 Romance In Durango (simply titled ''Durango'') (5:56)
9. B3 One More Cup Of Coffee (4:13)
10. B4 Isis (6:12)
11. B5 The Tmes They Are A-Changin' (spelled ''Changing'') (3:06)

Vinyl Rip – Scanned From My LP Artwork Included (front, labels) (back is all white)

https://www16.zippyshare.com/v/Xms8JJrw/file.html

Searnav said...


Bob Dylan – The Days Before Hard Rain

The Rolling Thunder Tour Rehearsals

Dynamite Studio DS 92JO28 (Luxembourg 1992)

---All selections are from The Rolling Thunder tour rehearsals, recorded in April of 1976 at the Belleville Biltmore Hotel, Clearwater, Florida, except: (#14-16) Fort Collins rehearsals, May 22, 1976 and (#17) 'Spanish Rider' demo.

This is a limited edition of 473 copies only.---

My copy = #311

See long list of participating musicians on artwork

1. I Threw It All Away (4:29)
2. Going Going Gone (7:56)
3. One More Cup Of Coffee (1:37)
4. Tomorrow Is A Long Time (4:08)
5. Mozambique (2:06)
6. Lay Lady Lay (4:44)
7. Idiot Blues (0:35)
8. Maggie's Farm (5:23)
9. One Too Many Mornings (5:28)
10. Seven Days (5:29)
11. Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues (3:52)
12. It Takes A Lot To Laugh (It Takes A Train To Cry) (3:21)
13. You Angel You (3:29)
14. Just Like A Woman (4:45)
15. Tangled Up In Blue (5:26)
16. The Sun Is Shining (3:47)
17. Seven Days (2:37)

CD Rip – Artwork Included (front, back, booklet, CD)

https://www16.zippyshare.com/v/xaKTkKTC/file.html

Searnav said...


Bob Dylan – Dylan, Baez & The Rolling Thunder Revue

Live At The Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto, Canada, December 1st, 1975

My LP = Idle Mind Productions IMP 1109 (USA 1976)

Collector’s Edition – Multi-Colored Vinyl

Gordon Lightfoot, Joni Mitchell, Roger McGuinn, Ramblin’ Jack Elliott, Joan Baez, Bob Dylan

With

T-Bone Burnett, Rob Stoner, Mick Ronson, David Mansfield, Howie Wyeth, Steve Soles, Scarlett Rivera, Luther Ricks, Bob Neuwirth…

Audience Recording

1. A1 Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown (3:40)
2. A2 Joni Mitchell - Coyote (4:33)
3. A3 Roger McGuinn - Chestnut Mare (5:03)
4. A4 Ramblin' Jack (Elliott) - Muleskinner Blues (3:08)
5. A5 Joan Baez - Diamonds And Rust (4:05)
6. A6 Bob Dylan - Tonight I'll Be Staying Here Wth You (4:02)
7. B1 Bob Dylan - Romance In Durango (5:18)
8. B2 Bob Dylan - Isis (5:43)
9. B3 Bob Dylan - Oh, Sister (4:07)
10. B4 Bob Dylan - Hurricane (8:21)

Vinyl Rip – Artwork Included (front, back from Discogs and scanned disc and labels from my LP)

https://www16.zippyshare.com/v/50mVueDC/file.html

Anonymous said...

3 Tuesday 3
Buena Vista Social Club - Tucson Arizona - 1999
Rico Rodriguez - Togetherness (Live)
ultra rare clean disc 3 BOB MARLEY
https://we.tl/t-mptk7ICXdO

Bucephalus

R-man said...

I do not have enough time to follow this blog on a daily basis. But yesterday I checked in again and found another bunch of amazing/great/monstrous mixtapes from Aaron. Man, you made my day/week/year, Just like Country Groove, Blues Groove and Keep On Truckin´. Southern Fried - love it. Thanks!!!!!

Aaron Vincent said...

Here's two more "mixtapes" with tuff and swinging old school Southern Rock, I put the last one out tomorrow. Have a great rockin' day, and remember (as Ronnie Van Zant sang) Tuesday's Gone with the wind, in just a few moments, so give yourself a nice gift and have some nice gravy to every meal;-) Cheers.

VA - Southern Fried vol. 9 (nuggets from the first era of southern rock 1979-1981)

01. Molly Hatchet - Bloody Reunion (1981)
02. Henry Paul Band - Go Down Rockin (1980)
03. Zini - Girl You Were Before (1980)
04. Wits End - Tribute (1979)
05. Bandera - High Ridin' Mama (1981)
06. Blackfoot - Road Fever (1979)
07. The Dixie Dregs - Road Expense (1980)
08. Sea Level - Wild Side (1980)
09. Point Blank - Mean To Your Queenie (1979)
10. Johnny Van Zant - Night Time Lady (1981)
11. Zaharas - Blackbird (1979)
12. South Paw - Bad Man (1980)
13. Tree fox - Where Does That Leave Me (1979)
14. Minglewood Band - Ain't Got That Much to Lose (1980)
15. Doc Holliday - Ain't No Fool (1981)
16. 38 Special - First Time Around (1981)
17. ZZ Top - I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide (1979)
18. The Allman Brothers Band - Can't Take It With You (1979)
19. King Peach - White Lightnin' (1980)
20. Missouri - Sunshine Girl (1979)

https://www12.zippyshare.com/v/nGy9w7N8/file.html

VA - Southern Fried vol. 10 (nuggets from the first era of southern rock 1979-1981)

01. Johnny Van Zant - Only The Strong Survive (1980)
02. Rossington-Collins Band - Don't Misunderstand Me (1980)
03. Two Guns - Slippin' Into The Night (1979)
04. The Dave Chastain Band - Rockin' Roulette (1980)
05. Atlanta Rhythm Section - Cocaine Charlie (1980)
06. Blue Steel - Molly (1981)
07. Crossroads - Sowin' Our Wild Oates (1979)
08. Molly Hatchet - Jukin' City (1979)
09. Potliquor - Right Street - Wrong Direction (1979)
10. Terry & the Pirates - Ain't Livin' Long Like This (1980)
11. Blackhorse - You've Got The Way (1979)
12. The Outlaws - (Come On) Dance With Me (1979)
13. Crossrode - Done Me Wrong (1980)
14. Blackfoot - Fire Of The Dragon (1981)
15. 38 Special - The Love That I've Lost (1979)
16. Missouri - Gotta Be Me (1979)
17. Bustin' Loose - Texas Lady (1981)
18. Mammoth - Southern Sounds (1981)
19. Tree fox - Doin' What I Wanna Do (1979)
20. The Cooper Brothers - Last One A Fast One (1979)

https://www53.zippyshare.com/v/ii4cwiam/file.html

garagekings said...

Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries - Music From the Second Series

I have been really surprised to find that my earlier uploads of the soundtracks to this obscure set-in-the-1920s Australian detective series, featuring authentic jazz from the time, have been downloaded 81 and 69 times respectively.

I happened to find this CD from Season 2 today for $A1 -
https://www77.zippyshare.com/v/YHYWl8TQ/file.html
Forgot to include the artwork, so go here -
https://www.discogs.com/release/9822143-Various-Miss-Fishers-Murder-Mysteries-Music-From-The-Second-Series

Gary Field said...

Jay Miller Sessions Vol.22 - Rusty & Doug Kershaw With Wiley Barkdul
Flyright Records – FLY 571 (1981)

https://we.tl/t-1nmyU7DDjI

https://www.discogs.com/release/3426624-Rusty-Doug-Kershaw-With-Wiley-Barkdull-Rusty-Doug-Kershaw-With-Wiley-Barkdull
-----------------------------------------------------------
Jay Miller Sessions Vol.23 - Abe Manuel & Rufus Thibodeaux
Flyright Records – FLY LP 572 (1981)

https://we.tl/t-isxowbpX5N

https://www.discogs.com/release/3428862-Abe-Manuel-2-And-Rufus-Thibodeaux-A-Tribute-To-Harry-Choates-And-His-Cajun-Fiddle
---------------------------------------------------------------
Jay Miller Sessions Vol.24 - Jimmy Newman & Al Terry
Flyright Records – FLY LP 573 (1981)

https://we.tl/t-FWNayfRPzS

https://www.discogs.com/release/2943924-Jimmy-Newman-Al-Terry-Their-Earliest-Recordings-1949-1952

tads44 said...

First 3 of 8 home-made compilations on modern jazz (generously defined). I believe you younger folk call them 'mixtapes' though I could have got this wrong. The focus is on Scandinavia, beginning in 1949 and concluding 27 years later. Most of the major developments in the music are touched upon: bebop, cool jazz, hard bop, soul-jazz, Third Stream, modal jazz, post-bop, moderate freeform, jazz-rock and fusion. Sources are a mixture of vinyl and CD so there's a bit of light snap, crackle and pop now and again. The tracks are sequenced in chronological order (roughly-speaking). Note that music from Finnish artists is included even though, as we all know, Finland isn't technically part of Scandinavia. I hope you enjoy them.

Scandinavian Modern Jazz Vol. 1 (1949-1960)

01 Arne Domnérus - Conversation (1949)
02 Putte Wickman's Sextett - Cherokee (1949)
03 The Finnish All Stars - Barit (1950)
04 Arne Domnérus - Chloé (1950)
05 Max Brüels Orkester - Crown Pilots (1951)
06 The Finnish All Stars - Pakaste (1951)
07 Bengt Hallberg - Flying Saucer (1952)
08 Jørgen Lausen Sextet - Marionette (1952)
09 Lars Gullin ‎- Dedicated To Lee (1953)
10 Rolf Blomquist & His Band feat. Åke Persson - Jumpin' With Queen Anne (1953)
11 Lars Gullin - Hersey Bar (1953)
12 Lars Gullin ‎- Danny's Dream (1954)
13 Gunnar Björksten-Åke Persson Quintet - Tubeless Tires (1956)
14 Rolf Billberg - I'm Building Up For A Nervous Breakdown (1956)
15 Erik Moseholm - Mosebryg (1957)
16 Erik Lindströmin Kvintetti - Eric's Tune (1959)
17 Pertti Metsärinteen Yhtye - Hayes (1959)
18 Jazz Quintet 60 - Cosper (1959)
19 Bent Axen Trio - Ballad (1959)
20 Arne Domnérus - Friday The 13th (1960)
21 Bent Axen / Bent Jædig - Elansky (1960)
22 Arne Domnérus - Boogie Stop Shuffle (1960)
23 Bent Axen Trio - Ladybird (1960)

https://www3.zippyshare.com/v/5G96Icus/file.html


Scandinavian Modern Jazz Vol. 2 (1961-1963)

01 Erik Moseholm - Billie (1961)
02 Jazz Quintet 60 - Around ¾ Time (1962)
03 Bernt Rosengren With The Krzysztof Komeda Trio - Ballad For Bernt (1962)
04 Eje Thelin Quintet - Fast (1963)
05 Louis Hjulmand - Just You, Just Me (1963)
06 Bjarne Rostvold - Perhaps (1963)
07 Bent Axen Trio - Billy Boy (1961)
08 Eje Thelin Quintet - Folk Song (1963)
09 Jan Johansson - Bolles Vaggvisa (1961)
10 Jazz Quintet 60 - St. Vitus Dance (1963)
11 Bernt Rosengren With The Krzysztof Komeda Trio - Typish Jazz (1962)
12 Erik Moseholm - Series For Piano, Vibraphone, Bass And Drums (1961)
13 Bengt Hallberg - Morning Party (1963)
14 Erik Moseholm - Mutationsriff (1961)
15 Jan Johansson - Svallvågor (1962)
16 Nils Lindberg - Trisection I (1963)

https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/IbI7qJS4/file.html


Scandinavian Modern Jazz Vol. 3 (1963-1966)

01 Börje Fredriksson Quintet - Fredriksson Special (1963)
02 Arne Domnérus Orkester - The Spirit Feel (1963)
03 Lars Gullin / Rolf Billberg - Ablution (1963)
04 Jan Johansson - Sommar Adjö (1964)
05 Eje Thelin Quintet - The Opener (1964)
06 Lars Gullin - Decent Eyes (1964)
07 Bernt Rosengren - Allan's Blues (1965)
08 Bjarne Rostvold - Coppin' The Heaven (1966)
09 Rolf Billberg - Tautology (1966)
10 Börje Fredriksson Quartet - Catrin (1966)
11 Staffan Abeleen Quintet - Fin Sikt Över Havet (1966)
12 Bjarne Rostvold - Folk Music (1966)

https://www9.zippyshare.com/v/ZzooyH8j/file.html

Anonymous said...


gorfit says:

Buddy Rich 07
http://buddyrich.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddy_Rich
https://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Buddy_Rich.html

Buddy Rich - 1969 - Buddy & Soul @320

Buddy Rich - 1970 - Keep The Customer Satisfied @320

Buddy Rich - 1971 - A Different Drummer @192

https://www.mediafire.com/file/awpfr71agod63ys/budric07.rar/file

Thanks to the original uploader

Professor RnR said...

Billboard 1969 Part 04 (updated & remastered)
1. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary (3:11)
2. Creedence Clearwater Revival - Born On The Bayou (3:49)
3. Deep Purple - River Deep - Mountain High - Single Mix (S) (2:36)
4. Deep Purple - Listen, Learn, Read On (S) (4:02)
5. Dion - Purple Haze (S) (2:34)
6. Dion - The Dolphins (S) (5:04)
7. José Feliciano - Hey! Baby (S) (2:49)
8. José Feliciano - My World Is Empty Without You (S) (3:17)
9. Bobbie Gentry & Glen Campbell - Let It Be Me (S) (2:05)
10. Bobbie Gentry & Glen Campbell - Let It Be Me (2:05)
11. Bobbie Gentry & Glen Campbell - Little Green Apples (3:14)
12. Billy Harner - She's Almost You (S) (2:39)
13. Billy Harner - She's Almost You (2:38)
14. Billy Harner - Fool Me (2:28)
15. The Malibu's - A Broken Man (2:59)
16. The Malibu's - It's All Over But The Shouting (2:30)
17. Wes Montgomery - Where Have All The Flowers Gone (3:06)
18. Wes Montgomery - Fly Me To The Moon (S) (2:51)
19. Wes Montgomery - Fly Me To The Moon (2:51)

Professor RnR said...

20. 1910 Fruitgum Company - Indian Giver (2:45)
21. 1910 Fruitgum Company - Pow Wow (2:12)
22. The Flying Giraffe - Bring Back Howdy-Doody (2:11)
23. Bobby Russell - Carlie (3:47)
24. Bobby Russell - Ain't Society Great (2:53)
25. Diana Ross & The Supremes - I'm Livin' In Shame (3:04)
26. Diana Ross & The Supremes - I'm So Glad I Got Somebody (Like You Around) (3:38)
27. Three Dog Night - Nobody - Single Mix (2:36)
28. Three Dog Night - It's for You (1:43)
29. Three Dog Night - Nobody - Album (S) (2:22)
30. TNT Band - The Meditation (S) (3:49)
31. TNT Band - The Meditation (3:48)
32. TNT Band - Mr. Slick (S) (3:08)
33. TNT Band - Mr. Slick (3:00)
34. Porter Wagoner - The Carroll County Accident (S) (2:50)
35. Porter Wagoner - The Carroll County Accident (2:49)
36. Porter Wagoner - Sorrow Overtakes The Wine (S) (2:16)
37. Porter Wagoner - Sorrow Overtakes The Wine (2:16)
38. Gloria Walker - Please Don't Desert Me Baby (2:53)
39. Gloria Walker - Need Of You (2:08)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JOOkXKn8iSx7xjvG0dLSecB1Wbf-JQrI
pass: U23.05.22

Aaron Vincent said...

@tads44

Thanks for sharing those home made compilations/mixtapes with scandinavian jazz, they seems very serious done, thanks. I have loved and collect swedish jazz for a long time, esp from the 50s to late 70s era, and you have actually included stuff I tried to hear for years. Well done! I made a mixtape-serie about 4 volumes with swedish jazz (some tracks with a typical 70's funky/groovy vibe) from 1970-1978 some years ago, let med know if you're interesting in them, i put them out shortly if you like. Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

@ Searnav

Thank you for the Bob Dylan. Do you have any thing from 1984 (Infidels) European Tour rehearsals or live shows?

Best regards

Zippy

Rob Kopp said...

Although www.bopping.org hadn't placed anything new since january 6, I kept trying everyday, but today I got a 403 Forbidden error. I fear the worst.

Carrot Top said...

I don't know. Is it just me? I hate to say anything, but...

I've been very disturbed by the amount of total adulation and love everybody has been giving to the southern rock-stoner boogie. It's probably the most popular share I've seen on here.

Was everybody lying when they said they hated Lynyrd Skynyrd all these years? (Is that how you spell it? With all the f'n y's, right? I'm not making fun of dislexia. Whoops, I mean, dyslexia. Just trying to make sure the spelling is right.)

I'm still trying to process this...sorry, not trying to be insulting to all the 70s burnouts enjoying the music. I just feel kind of like my twilightzone foundations got kicked out from under me.

I mean, it is all offered in FLAC? You know how much truckers love FLAC. Speed and FLAC and poontang is what it's all about.



DirkS said...

Hello, I’m lookin’ for these albums:
• Dave Peabody & C°: Blues in Brussels (CL Records, 1978)
• Otis Spann: Rarest recordings (JSP Records, 1984)
• V.A.: The blues guitar album. Volume 2 (JSP Records 1055)
• V.A.: Blues at the farmhouse (Munich Records, 1984)
• Hawkind: Welcome tot he future (Mausoleum Records, 1985): also released as: Live ‘70/’73 (Dojo Records, 1985)

Thanks in advance.

montysmusic said...

I've just come across this site loaded with music mags etc[the site link was gifted by Gian on another site]

https://worldradiohistory.com/Disc.htm (Music Magazines tab)

Hope all are well and happy

Rock 'n' Roll Steve said...

Porcupine Tree - Love, Death & Mussolini 1990
info: https://www.discogs.com/master/399850-Porcupine-Tree-Love-Death-Mussolini
320: https://www1.zippyshare.com/v/6137FUMr/file.html
flac: https://www1.zippyshare.com/v/1rB4tGJR/file.html

The J. Geils Band ‎- "Live" Full House 1972
info: https://www.discogs.com/master/81001-The-J-Geils-Band-Live-Full-House
320: https://www1.zippyshare.com/v/RiqH0ic2/file.html
flac: https://www1.zippyshare.com/v/W9WiZ8ng/file.html

Nick Gravenites - My Labors 1969
Features Mike Bloomfield on the live tracks
info: https://www.discogs.com/master/421783-Nick-Gravenites-My-Labors
320: https://www1.zippyshare.com/v/ukrZ4e1H/file.html
flac: https://www1.zippyshare.com/v/dPaa1edE/file.html

Music Of The Seventies said...

@320:

The Marshall Tucker Band - Together Forever (1978)
https://uptobox.com/hqxiqch9upp3 info: https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/301662-The-Marshall-Tucker-Band-Together-Forever

Eddie Louiss John Surman Daniel Humair - Our Kind Of Sabi (1970)
https://uptobox.com/1bdf32pi05nl
info: https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/240860-Eddie-Louiss-John-Surman-Daniel-Humair-Our-Kind-Of-Sabi

Taj Mahal - Mo' Roots (1974)
https://uptobox.com/0mdcr2qao5fu
info: https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/234699-Taj-Mahal-Mo-Roots

The Masaccio of Gonzo said...

Hi TZ'ers! Sharing another 3 albums found on a discovered spool of storage DVDs filled w/all kinds of stuff. Back before I sprang for a portable hard drive lol

Gurf Morlix is an American singer-songwriter and music producer & played in Lucinda Williams’ band from 1985 to 1996.

@ least that's what wilki said

Gurf Morlix - Toad Of Titicaca (2000)
https://www.discogs.com/release/5789007-Gurf-Morlix-Toad-Of-Titicaca
https://we.tl/t-1A2VtrpMtM

Gurf Morlix - Cut 'N Shoot (2004)
https://www.discogs.com/release/5244713-Gurf-Morlix-Cut-N-Shoot
https://we.tl/t-eorCwTtsER

Gurf Morlix - Diamonds To Dust (2007)
https://www.discogs.com/release/3029305-Gurf-Morlix-Diamonds-To-Dust
https://we.tl/t-QBLggc29kk

Links expire in 7 days

Enjoy!

clash said...

The Mama's And The Papa's – If You Can Believe Your Eyes And Ears )1966) Vinyl @320
https://www115.zippyshare.com/v/WbyeZDSD/file.html
https://www.discogs.com/Mamas-And-The-Papas-The-If-You-Can-Believe-Your-Eyes-And-Ears/release/1218172

Junior Walker & The All Stars – What Does It Take To Win Your Love (1969) Vinyl @320
http://www119.zippyshare.com/v/89Mc5U9j/file.html
https://www.discogs.com/Junior-Walker-The-All-Stars-What-Does-It-Take-To-Win-Your-Love/release/1721618

Undisputed Truth ‎– Law Of The Land (1973) Vinyl @320
https://www34.zippyshare.com/v/8PbBLJnu/file.html
https://www.discogs.com/Undisputed-Truth-Law-Of-The-Land/release/578683



Randolph Carter said...

@garagekings - Great find! I've been wearing out your first shares. I'm not surprised at the response - the music chosen for the shows is choice stuff. Thanks again!
David

Earthbound said...

tads44,

Beautiful work. Keep it up, please. It's obviously a labor of love. I will be putting all of your stuff on Soulseek.

la musica e vita said...

Would anybody out there have a copy of this album

Propinquity – Propinquity
Label: Owl Records – OWL 23
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Album
Country: US
Released: 1972

Review from SHINDIG mag,
' Propinquity's welf-titled 1972 album is a master-class in ethereal, harmony-rich folk-rock'
Inspired by Michael's Nesmith who made up the name.
Explanation of the name here.
Michael Nesmith - Propinquity (I've Just Begun to Care) (Live at the Britt Festival 1992)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnXdi3XHm8

Thanks in advance.

Monty Cristo said...

@Rock 'n' Roll Steve
Thanks ever so much for the Night Flights, love it!

Would you happen to have 'Disco Not Disco Vol. 2'?
I have Vol. 3 in 320 if anyone needs it.

Monty

philo said...

@Aaron thanks for the mix tapes. I downloaded this stuff out of curiosity. I never thought I would enjoy these since this stuff never was in my strike zone. Thanks

Anonymous said...

As requested: Bob Dylan 1984 tour rehearsal:

Bob Dylan
Verona, Italy
Late May 1984
Rehearsal

1 Instrumental
2 Instrumental
3 Instrumental
4 Instrumental
5 Instrumental
6 Instrumental
7 Instrumental
8 Instrumental (wartime?)
9 Instrumental (wartime?)
10 (wartime?)
11 Instrumental
12 Instrumental
13 Almost Done
14 Almost Done
15 Instrumental (Almost Done)
16 Instrumental (Almost Done)
17 Enough is Enough
18 Instrumental
19 Dirty Lie
20 Why do I have to Choose? (Nelson)
21 To Each his Own
22 Instrumental
23 Jokerman
24 All Along the Watchtower
25 Just Like a Woman
26 Highway 61 Revisited
27 I & I
28 Girl From the North Country (fragment)
29 Shelter From the Storm (with two false starts)
30 Instrumental
31 License to Kill
32 Ballad of a Thin Man
33 When You Gonna Wake up?
34 To Ramona

Bob Dylan
Mick Taylor (guitar)
Ian MacLagan (keyboards)
Gregg Sutton (bass)
Colin Allen (drums)

https://workupload.com/file/9x3tUNABJUf

Rank Stranger

Anonymous said...

Bob Dylan, 1984-07-08, Slane Castle, Slane, Ireland, 1CDR
Complete SOUNDBOARD recording, Incomplete concert.

1. JUST LIKE A WOMAN [6:31]
2. MAGGIE'S FARM [5:13]
3. I AND I [6:43]
4. LICENSE TO KILL [3:30]
5. A HARD RAIN'S A-GONNA FALL [6:16]
6. TANGLED UP IN BLUE [6:48]
7. TO RAMONA [4:15]
8. IT'S ALL RIGHT, MA (I'M ONLY BLEEDING) [6:24]
9. SHELTER FROM THE STORM [5:20]
10. WITH GOD ON OUR SIDE [4:36]
11. GIRL FROM THE NORTH COUNTRY [4:27]
12. IT'S ALL OVER NOW, BABY BLUE [5:24] - Van Morrison on guitar and shared vocals,
13. TUPELO HONEY [4:25] - Van Morrison on guitar and shared vocals,
14. LEOPARD-SKIN PILL-BOX HAT [4:57] - Bono Vox and Leslie Dowdell shared vocals, Steve Wickham on violin
15. BLOWIN' IN THE WIND [4:59] - Bono Vox and Leslie Dowdell shared vocals

https://workupload.com/file/uCjL9Dr398V

Rank Stranger

Searnav said...

Zippy, Dylan Europe 1984 tomorrow

Uncle Fester said...

@Carrot Top

Love ya Babe... sit back and have some Ripple.
((( FREE BIRD )))

Mike said...

Hello, If anyone has anything by Willis Allan Ramsey other than the album he recorded for Shelter it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

lemonflag said...

@montysmusic

How's the wife?

MellowYellow said...

@Rock 'n' Roll Steve

Many thanks for the Rockin' Bones rockabilly compilation you posted yesterday.

Fantastic stuff!

jwittkamp said...

Disco Not Disco, Vol. 3? Yes, please, and thank you!

Anonymous said...

Gaius said:

Steve Harley (UK) - The Candidate, 1979
https://www.imagenetz.de/jsda3

Anonymous said...

@ Searnav

Thank your for the Bob Dylan 1984. I am really interested in this time in his career. I remember seeing him on Letterman with the Plugz promoting his Infidels album.

Thanks again

Zippy

Jumpstart said...

@carrot top:

Loved your comment about the country rock comps.

@tads44:

Thanks for the scandinavian jazz comps. They look most interesting.

@tads44 and everyone else:

On the topic of scandinavian jazz from a few decades ago, there's one cd that I used to have, but unfortunately lost. I have been looking for it online ever since, but I've never found it. It's a compilation that was originally released in 1993 entitled "Staffan Abeleen & Lars Färnlöf - Quintets 1961 - 66". Here's a discogs link:

https://www.discogs.com/release/4320614-Staffan-Abeleen-Lars-F%C3%A4rnl%C3%B6f-Quintets-1961-66

If anyone has this album and is willing to share it I'd be very grateful.

Anonymous said...

Looking for 'No Jive Authentic Southern Country Blues' CD. Thanx,Max.

Crab Devil said...

> Was everybody lying when they said they hated Lynyrd Skynyrd all these years?

No, no, my presumably fresh-faced, feathery-leaved, and ginger-headed young friend,
what you don't yet grasp (and, really, why should you at your tender age?) is that
it's a question not of mendacity but of memory loss.

Consider, by way of example, my own plight. Back when I was in my late 20s and early
30s, I took very great pride in my encyclopedic, or if not quite encyclopedic, then
at least voluminous, or if not quite voluminous, then at least pamphlet-scaled
knowledge of punk and rockabilly and traditional folk and so on. I would, in those days,
scoff at "mainstream" music -- and mercilessly ridicule anyone who didn't.

But just this very week I found myself downloading something called "Ultimate
Collection: 80s." It's got Kajagoogoo on it, ffs! What, then, is the explanation? Well,
the explanation is that I'm old enough, indeed senescent enough to have FORGOTTEN what
a snob I used to be!

Marty said...

Hello, Does anyone have Australian release "Various Artists – Own Grown Music Volume One 2003" If you do and can post it would really be appreciated. Thank you.

Rock 'n' Roll Steve said...

@ Monty Cristo -
Here's Disco Not Disco 2. I intended to post all 3, one a day but got sidetracked off into some other shit. I can post #3 in my regular post tomorrow if you don't wanna hassle with it.
320: https://www51.zippyshare.com/v/QL6yT69t/file.html
flac https://www51.zippyshare.com/v/oXW6uO95/file.html

The Chairman said...

@ tads44

Many thanks from me, too, for the opportunity to get this deep glimpse into Scandinavian Jazz History. I look formward very much to listening and expanding my horizons. Best, TC

Aaron Vincent said...

@Carrot

You should try smoke other things than vegetables, the southern-country-stoner-boogie (whatever floats your boat) probably sounds much better then, try it you like it, or do the monkey and have a banana. :-D

Aaron Vincent said...

@Jumpstart

I can share the jazz record you are lookin' for tomorrow, I have other albums from the same era with Staffan Abeleen if you want (and Lars Färnlöf as well), just give me a call.

Uncle Gil said...

@ Max

No Jive Authentic Southern Country Blues (Excello Stuff) w Artwork

https://we.tl/t-RA17zTADNt
Valid 7 days

tads44 said...

Aaron Vincent,
Earthbound,
Jumpstart

Thanks for the encouragement. I don’t know much about Soulseek but if it spreads the music around a bit more it’ll be a good thing.

Given that what I’ve put together is merely a drop in the ocean, the Swedish jazz comps. sound just the ticket. I’d certainly be interested in them.

I have Quintets 1961-66 on a hard disc somewhere. I’ll put it up tomorrow if no-one else does.

Stately Plump Buck said...

There's too many guns in this damn town

Joe Strummer, Burnin' Streets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODebloQsnu4

Phantom Of The Rock Opera said...

@montysmusic Thats a briliant find. Given all the UK Music papers (NME, Melody Maker, Record Mirror, Beat Instrumental, Music Week) and Billboard and Cashbox amongst the US mags included thats an absolute treasure trove of information.

I've just been reading this in the NME from October 26th 1962:

"Liverpool's Beatles Wrote Their Own Hit

Making their NME Chart debut with 'Love Me Do' this week are the Beatles, a vocal-instrumental group who hail from Liverpool, the birthplace of such stars as Billy Fury, Frankie Vaughan, Norman Vaughan and Ken Dodd. Their Own composition "Love Me Do" is their first disc to be released on a British label.

Previously they were with Polydor ......."

Fabulous stuff!

Many thanks for sharing!

Rowan said...

Dear Carrot Top. Us 70s Burnouts had a saying. "Get off of the Grass". Perhaps you should do the same and just enjoy whatever music is on offer. In the 60s, I was either a Stones, or a Beach Boys enthusiast and all the rest was, well....then as I matured with age, my choices expanded and now I listen to almost all genres. Hopefully you'll get there.

Berni said...

@Carrot Top

> Was everybody lying when they said they hated Lynyrd Skynyrd all these years?

Did I miss something? Who doesn't like Lynyrd Skynyrd?

When I try to explain to people that I like country music - and get an eyeroll in response - I say, no not that corporate shit but country like Skynyrd (a shorthand for a familiar name), Then it's a smile and a nod. Myself, I prefer Marshall Tucker, or The Outlaws, etc. but find Skynyrd to be universally loved, like the Beatles or Creedence.

Just my two cents.

BigGray said...

Australian [and some New Zealand] Bands - The 2000s

Karin Schaupp

Part 3 of 3

Wayfaring [with Umberto Clerici]
https://www.imagenetz.de/ciAfP

A Flower's Purpose - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFL3Wxf4L3o

01 - 4 Lieder, Op.82 - 1. Lasst Mich Allein [arr. for Cello and Guitar] - Antonín Dvorák
02 - Deutsche Volkslieder - 41. Es steht ein Lind [arr. for Cello and Guitar] - Johannes Brahms
03 - Wayfaring Stranger [arr. for Cello and Guitar] - Traditional
04 - Six Songs Op.4 - 4. Ne poy, krasavitsa [arr. for Cello and Guitar] - Sergey Vassilievich Rachmaninov
05 - Shadows, song cycle for baritone & guitar - 1. Shadows [arr. for Cello and Guitar] - John Rutter
06 - Amarilli mia bella - 1. Amarilli mia bella [arr. for Cello and Guitar] - Giulio Romano Caccini
07 - Lamento d'Arianna SV22 - 2. Lasciatemi morire [arr. for Cello and Guitar] - Claudio Monteverdi
08 - A Flower’s Purpose [arr. by Richard Charlton] - Katie Noonan
09 - Suite populaire Espagnole - 6. Jota [arr. for Cello and Guitar] - Manuel De Falla
10 - El Cant dels Ocells - Pablo Casals
11 - Lob der Tränen, D711 iarr. by Johann Kaspar Mertz] - Franz Peter Schubert
12 - Deux mélodies hébraïques M. A22 - 1. Kaddisch [arr. for Cello and Guitar] - Maurice Ravel
13 - Suite populaire Espagnole - 4. Polo [arr. for Cello and Guitar] - Manuel De Falla
14 - Wild Swans - Concert Suite - Eliza Aria - Elena Kats-Chernin
15 - Winterreise, Op.89 D.911 - 11. Frühlingstraum [arr. for Cello and Guitar] - Franz Peter Schubert
16 - Concierto de Aranjuez for Guitar and Orchestra - Aranjuez ma pensée [arr. for Cello and Guitar] - Joaquin Rodrigo
17 - Wild Mountain Thyme [arr. Scott Tennant] - Traditional
18 - Shadows, song cycle for baritone & guitar - 8. Close Thine Eyes [arr. for Cello and Guitar] - John Rutter

White Ghost Dancing [with Tasmanian Symphony Orchestra]
https://www.imagenetz.de/cis2r

Arafura Arioso - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxLEjEnIo2s

01 - White Ghost Dancing - Ross Edwards
02 - Veni Creator Spiritus - I. Puro e tranquillo - Ross Edwards
03 - Veni Creator Spiritus - I. Ritmico - Ross Edwards
04 - Concerto for Guitar and Strings, "Arafura Dances" - I. First Maninya - Ross Edwards
05 - Concerto for Guitar and Strings, "Arafura Dances" - II. Arafura Arioso - Ross Edwards
06 - Concerto for Guitar and Strings, "Arafura Dances" - III. Second Maninya - Ross Edwards
07 - Mountain Village In A Clearing Mist - Ross Edwards
08 - Enyato I; Chorale and Ecstatic Dance - I. Sereno - Ross Edwards
09 - Enyato I; Chorale and Ecstatic Dance - II. Molto Animato - Ross Edwards

BigGray said...

Australian [and some New Zealand] Bands - The 2000s

Systemaddicts

The Systemaddicts are a garage punk group, influenced by 60s era groups such as The Sonics and The Loved Ones, as well as many 80s garage punk revivalists, combined with an occassional more extreme/experimental post-punk hardcore edge.
Facebook

2016-Broken Hearted On The Nullarbor
https://www.imagenetz.de/fJ7fU

Brokenhearted On The Nullarbor - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlYqNAcdZK8

01 - Christies Beach - The Systemaddicts
02 - My Pal - The Systemaddicts
03 - Noting I Can Do - The Systemaddicts
04 - Prison - The Systemaddicts
05 - Broken Hearted On The Nullarbor - The Systemaddicts
06 - Sin And Regret - The Systemaddicts
07 - Can I Follow You - The Systemaddicts
08 - Wall Of Time - The Systemaddicts
09 - Black - The Systemaddicts
10 - You Make Me Feel Like - The Systemaddicts
11 - Adelaide City - The Systemaddicts

BigGray said...

@ garagekings

Why the surprise? Miss Fisher is a loved series around the world and the music plays no small part in it.

I have it all the series on DVD.

And now the music, thank you.

G.

EricC said...

@Carrot Top

I am not lying, I've always hated them. I had the unfortunate luck to see them play in the 70s, opening for Golden Earring in London. Worst live act I ever saw from a big name band. I saw the cover band version 10ish years ago, and they were marginally better, from wretched to awful I suppose.

Mike said...

ATTN - BigGray said...- 20 JUNE 2021
Battleground Korea

You posted this series last year, and the links are all dead now. I mistakenly deleted the files while half asleep. If you have a chance sometime, could you please repost all 4 volumes. I have the artwork and pdf of booklet.

Thanks,
Mike M

Mike said...

ATTN - Berni said...
@Carrot Top

"but find Skynyrd to be universally loved, like the Beatles or Creedence."

Whoa! "Universally" is a pretty large group. I don't think they are in that category!

Cheers,
Mike M

FiveGunsWest said...

@carrot top

Me too. Saw those bloated douche bags play at a railroad crossing in Pensacola, Fla. The drum riser was a piece of plywood right on the tracks. It was before anyone really knew them. It was hideous.

Berni said...

@ Mike M

Point taken. Could just be the folks that I happen to bump into but I've never met anyone that didn't like them lol.

That being said, there's a lot of people that are less discerning of music than regular readers of music blogs.