Saturday, 22 January 2022

The Rumour "Land of New Vigour and Zeal" 1972

...‘L'Amour’ was composed by Shade, and sung by his twin brother Gerard. The song was No.1 for six weeks in 1971 and reportedly sold over 30,000, thus making it one of the biggest selling NZ singles of the era. For much of 1971 and 1972 the song was inescapable on radio and TV...
...The next single ‘Holy Morning’ was also a hit although it didn’t match ‘L’Amour’ peaking at No.3. The band released two albums Garden of Your Smile in 1971 and Land of New Vigour and Zeal in 1972. The second was a concept album based on New Zealand’s colonial past. In 1973 a compilation (with several new tracks), Holy Morning was issued by Polydor, followed by a formal best of The Rumour collection, entitled An Evening At Home - The Best of The Rumour...to be continued - audioculture
trax:
01 Land Of New Vigour And Zeal, Pt. 1 02 Holy Morning 03 Like The Birds In The Trees 04 Home 05 I'm Not Your Only Son 06 Because The Sun (Came Shining Through) 07 Two Ways To Look 08 Close 09 When Will The Seasons Bring 10 No Money On Our Trees 11 I Don't Wanna Be Another You 12 Land Of New Vigour And Zeal, Pt. 2
…served by Gaius…

4 comments:

RYP said...

The Rumour "Land of New Vigour and Zeal" (in Flac)
…served by Gaius…
gitit! no pw
https://krakenfiles.com/view/PZUgW72jCR/file.html

nal said...

Gaius, this file is constantly being blocked because it supposedly has a trojan embedded in it. I've had this happen a few times with the Kiwi stuff but there never is any problems with any of your downloads. Do you have any advice?

RYP said...

nal,
this is a false alarm! I've never had a problem with any download on MacOS.

Anonymous said...

Gaius said:

nal, I've checked the original and the rar.file too, without any result.