Saturday, 29 January 2022
…and now for something completely different! 1580 - 2022
We have a first entry each day that is a picture or a video, and only in that entry you can place your music links and requests (NO ALBUMS RELEASED IN 2020 AND AFTER, AND A DAILY LIMIT OF 3 ALBUMS)! Here you can say what you like, unless it's offensive, racist or discriminatory! Please keep your language polite and respectful.
All the rest official posts will only allow comments related to the official posts and such. That way it will keep things much more organized and tidy.
Enjoy! RYP and Gyro1966
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

32 comments:
Bluebottle Kiss
Bluebottle Kiss, sometimes seen as BBK, were an Australian guitar-based, indie rock band formed in 1993 by mainstay, Jamie Hutchings, on guitar and vocals. They have issued six albums, Higher Up the Firetrails (1995), Fear of Girls (1996), Patient (1999), Revenge Is Slow (2002), Come Across (2003) and Doubt Seeds (2006).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluebottle_Kiss
-----------------------
In the early 90s, I was in an occasional band with Jamie Hutchings. I had been in a band with other musicians from the Northern Beaches church that I was attending at the time. After that went the way of all good things, Dave, the guitarist, and I tried playing as a duo with a drum machine, but it wasn't working out. Dave heard of a drummer in another congregation in the Eastern Suburbs. The drummer was Jamie. Yes, he wasn't originally a guitarist (shades of Dave Grohl?); he was a really good drummer. We played at ten (maybe more?) parties over the following six months, all with minimal rehearsal and a lot of laughs. It was an interesting mix, Jamie was in his early twenties, Dave, in his late twenties, I was in my late thirties. We played covers, a mixture of Dave's Hendrix / Stevie Ray style blues, my 70s pop and proto metal and Jamie's grunge. This was around the time Jamie was putting Bluebottle Kiss together, and eventually, it all fell apart (I can't remember why). It was fun while it lasted.
-----------------------------
Thank you to Gaius for all the Bluebottle Kiss
Part 1 of 3
1995-Double Yellow Tarred
https://www.imagenetz.de/gYrr8
Sister - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD4BaCH0ur8
01 - Raymond - Bluebottle Kiss
02 - Sister - Bluebottle Kiss
03 - Cousin - Bluebottle Kiss
04 - Patricia's Tree - Bluebottle Kiss
05 - Ice On The Road - Bluebottle Kiss
06 - Mr. Catharsis - Bluebottle Kiss
07 - Elmer's Gone - Bluebottle Kiss
1995-Higher Up The Firetrails
https://www.imagenetz.de/aHzVQ
One Way Ticket To Antarctica [live] - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4oTCisfBfY
01 - Beautifully Tragic - Bluebottle Kiss
02 - One Way Ticket To Antarctica - Bluebottle Kiss
03 - Dead Again - Bluebottle Kiss
04 - Requiem For The Holden - Bluebottle Kiss
05 - Don't Care Anymore - Bluebottle Kiss
06 - Crush - Bluebottle Kiss
07 - Swansong - Bluebottle Kiss
08 - Love Is Boring - Bluebottle Kiss
09 - Thunderclouds Drag Me Deep Down Holes - Bluebottle Kiss
1996-Fear Of Girls
https://www.imagenetz.de/ew8h4
Autumn Comes Too Soon - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-pRb457C7M
01 - Claim - Bluebottle Kiss
02 - Helping You Hate Me - Bluebottle Kiss
03 - I'm Wrong And You're Right - Bluebottle Kiss
04 - Now - Bluebottle Kiss
05 - To Think I'd Ever Disappoint You - Bluebottle Kiss
06 - Autumn Comes Too Soon - Bluebottle Kiss
07 - Dragee Fauna - Bluebottle Kiss
08 - Barbed Wire Star - Bluebottle Kiss
09 - Won't Forget - Bluebottle Kiss
10 - Outside Are The Dogs - Bluebottle Kiss
11 - Loaded To The Gills - Bluebottle Kiss
12 - Rust and The Time - Bluebottle Kiss
13 - You're Gonna Be On Your Own Soon - Bluebottle Kiss
14 - Ice On The Road (Taken On A Trust) - Bluebottle Kiss
15 - Stained Mouth - Bluebottle Kiss
Frozen Planet....1969 (2013) Aussie Psych
No idea if this is a repost, no offence intended in any case.
https://www.discogs.com/fr/release/7368894-Frozen-Planet1969-Frozen-Planet1969
https://mega.nz/file/NFZVAAYA#jzfWN3RoEd_NASc4x6RLcT8YXbAiJbxKvYewcvd5ZK4
Rusted Root - When I Woke (1994) Folk Rock
https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/667738-Rusted-Root-When-I-Woke
https://mega.nz/file/8ZRVDADJ#d1BoFvVyCnJVGuttcroZq3eJI2F2tczmmN_uwQ5qvD4
Duke Ellington - The Private Collection CD 05/10
https://www.discogs.com/fr/release/5395902-Duke-Ellington-The-Private-Collection-Volume-FiveSuites-New-York-1968-1970
https://mega.nz/file/RUx2VRzC#ELw2RozyKXpVq--GNLRs_6kVkbR5ww_iFesM6et7dLc
Final 2 Guy Clark studio albums (a few live ones tomorrow)
SOMEDAYS THE SONG WRITES YOU
https://www.discogs.com/release/3777178-Guy-Clark-Somedays-The-Song-Writes-You
https://workupload.com/file/AT7GTqfVbCQ
MY FAVOURITE PICTURE OF YOU
https://www.discogs.com/release/4750161-Guy-Clark-My-Favorite-Picture-Of-You
I’ve added a few bonus tracks: Just To Watch Maria Dance/The Last Hobo/Time/West Texas Bound/Step Inside My House (demos) Walk And Don’t Walk (from UNSUNG HERO - Ron Davies Tribute CD)
https://workupload.com/file/zrfMmjNw5Xd
Benny Joy - Crash The Rockabilly Party (Ace Records CDCHD 703)
https://www.imagenetz.de/ikSVP
The A-Bones - Crash The Party With The Wild, Wild Songs Of Benny Joy! (Norton Records CED-254)
https://www.imagenetz.de/eEXZn
The A-Bones - Music Minus Five (Norton Records CED-233)
https://www.imagenetz.de/dzKXt
BLOSSOM DEARIE- GIVE HIM THE OOH-LA-LA (1958)
Verve Records – 517 067-2 (1998)
https://we.tl/t-CNhRH5wOGf
https://www.discogs.com/release/2534225-Blossom-Dearie-Give-Him-The-Ooh-La-La
--------------------------------------------------------
BLOSSOM DEARIE- SINGS COMDEN AND GREEN (1959)
Verve Records – 314 589 102-2 (1983)
https://we.tl/t-FbSGe3lC6P
https://www.discogs.com/release/10223947-Blossom-Dearie-Sings-Comden-And-Green
--------------------------------------------------------
BLOSSOM DEARIE- BLOSSOM DEARIE SINGS,VOLUME 1
Daffodil Records (2) – BMD 101 (1973)
https://we.tl/t-OmaB5G7nPS
https://www.discogs.com/release/1705732-Blossom-Dearie-Blossom-Dearie-Sings-Volume-I
From Denmark
Thorbjørn Risager & The Black Tornado
https://risager.info/music/
"Really gritty vocals, fuzzed slide guitar, powerful rhythm section, tasty horns! What's not to like?!I"
Too Many Roads (Official Music Video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LirgXyOmHac
Come On In - Thorbjørn Risager & The Black Tornado
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X57iCIC89DE
Last Train - Thorbjørn Risager & The Black Tornado
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUsVjcYy_8o
Rock'n Roll Ride
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htuNHvaDT50
Paradise
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG0oh01BcDE
Thorbjørn Risager & The Black Tornado live på Folk Å Rock i Malmö 20200528 klippt version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tChcCD8Nxk
Eubie Blake – Blues & Rags
His Earliest Piano Rolls - 1917-1921 – Volume 1
“Blues And Ragtime Volume 1” on back cover
My LP = Biograph BLP-1011Q (USA 1972)
1. A1 Charleston Rag (2:52)
2. A2 Somebody's Done Me Wrong (2:53)
3. A3 Goodnight Angeline (3:26)
4. A4 Shubert Gaieties Of 1919 (Medley) (7:09)
- I’ve Made Up My Mind To Mind A Maid Made Up Like You
- Cherry Blossom Lane
- Beale Street Blues
- I’ll Be Your Baby Vampire
- My Beautiful Tiger Girl
- I’ve Made Up My Mind To Mind A Maid Made Up Like You
5. A5 Gee I Wish I Had Someone To Rock Me (In The Cradle) (1:55)
6. B1 Broadway Blues (3:58)
7. B2 Crazy Blues (3:09)
8. B3 Strut Miss Lizzie (2:52)
9. B4 Home Again Blues (2:55)
10. B5 It's Right Here For You (2:35)
11. B6 Fare Thee Honey Blues (3:43)
Artwork Included (front, back, labels) (from Discogs)
https://www39.zippyshare.com/v/qGvzXMMP/file.html
Billboard 1967 Part 18 (updated & remastered)
1. Percy Sledge - Out Of Left Field (3:14)
2. Percy Sledge - It Can't Be Stopped (3:13)
3. The Supremes - The Happening (2:52)
4. The Supremes - All I Know About You (1:57)
5. Howard Tate - Get It While You Can (S) (2:44)
6. Howard Tate - Get It While You Can (2:44)
7. Howard Tate - Glad I Knew Better (2:20)
8. The Tremeloes - Here Comes My Baby - US Version (2:48)
9. The Tremeloes - Gentleman Of Pleasure (2:38)
10. The Tremeloes - Here Comes My Baby - Album (S) (3:02)
11. The Tremeloes - Here Comes My Baby - UK Version (2:46)
12. The Wanted - In The Midnight Hour (1:55)
13. The Wanted - Here To Stay (2:43)
14. Lawrence Welk - The Beat Goes On (S) (2:38)
15. Lawrence Welk - Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye (S) (2:20)
16. William Bell - Everybody Loves A Winner (2:52)
17. William Bell - You're Such a Sweet Thing (2:26)
18. The Contours - It's So Hard Being A Loser (2:39)
19. The Contours - Your Love Grows More Precious Every Day (3:02)
20. Dyke & The Blazers - Funky Broadway Part 1 (2:40)
21. Dyke & The Blazers - Funky Broadway Part 2 (2:54)
Eddy Mitchell – The French EPs
Volume 2 – EP 7 to EP 12
1) EP 7
Eddy Mitchell – Pas De Chance
Barclay 70 646 (April 1964)
1. A1 Pas De Chance (Money) (2:39)
2. A2 J'Irais Bien (2:32)
3. B1 Tu Vas Rentrer Chez Toi (2:21)
4. B2 Memphis Tennessee (Memphis Tennessee) (2:55)
2) EP 8
Eddy Mitchell – Repose Beethoven
Barclay 70 654 (June 1964)
1. A1 Repose Beethoven (Roll Over Beethoven) (2:36)
2. A2 Doucement Mais Sûrement (Slowly But Surely) (2:05)
3. B1 L'Ecole Des Coeurs Brisés (School Of Heartbreakers) (2:51)
4. B2 Détective Privé (Brown-Eyed Handsome Man) (2:11)
3) EP 9
Eddy Mitchell – Je Défendrai Mon Amour
Barclay 70 687 (December 1964)
1. A1 Je Défendrai Mon Amour [You'll Only Start Me Cryin' Again] (2:46)
2. A2 Fauché (Busted) (2:54)
3. B1 Toujours Un Coin Qui Me Rappelle ((There's) Always Something There To Remind Me) (3:21)
4. B2 J'Ai Tout Perdu (Not For Me) (2:25)
4) EP 10
Eddy Mitchell – Everything All Right
Barclay 70 746 (February 1965)
1. A1 Everything All Right (Everything's Alright) (2:32)
2. A2 Mais Pas Pour Moi (2:37)
3. B1 Johnny Merci (2:32)
4. B2 Le Générique (2:53)
5) EP 11
Eddy Mitchell – J’Ai Perdu Mon Amour
Barclay 70 771 (April 1965)
1. A1 J'Ai Perdu Mon Amour (You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling) (3:24)
2. A2 Tu Ne Peux Pas (I'm Crying) (2:28)
3. B1 Si Tu N'Etais Pas Mon Frère (2:31)
4. B2 J'Avais Deux Amis (St. James Infirmary) (3:25)
6) EP 12
Eddy Mitchell – Je T’En Veux D’Etre Belle
Barclay 70 829 (June 1965)
1. A1 Je T'En Veux D'Etre Belle (2:30)
2. A2 Caldonia (Caldonia) (2:08)
3. B1 La Photo Des Jours Heureux (1:53)
4. B2 Personne Au Monde (Talkin' About You) (3:18)
https://www89.zippyshare.com/v/KxUl5Qhx/file.html
22. The Five Stairsteps - Ain't Gonna Rest (Till I Get You) (2:36)
23. The Five Stairsteps - You Can't See (2:39)
24. Connie Francis - Time Alone Will Tell (S) (2:44)
25. Connie Francis - Born Free (S) (3:03)
26. Walter Jackson - Speak Her Name (2:37)
27. Walter Jackson - They Don't Give Medals (To Yesterday's Heroes) (2:47)
28. Jerry Jaye - My Girl Josephine (1:56)
29. Jerry Jaye - Five Miles From Home (2:55)
30. Jack Jones - I'm Indestructible (S) (2:29)
31. Jack Jones - I'm Indestructible (2:29)
32. Jack Jones - Afterthoughts (S) (2:34)
33. Jack Jones - Afterthoughts (2:34)
34. Ernie K-Doe - Later For Tomorrow (2:55)
35. Ernie K-Doe - Dancin' Man (2:52)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=17kSJvtd4Z9ZktZFfx44yZmvilH5K38Ys
pass: U28.01.22
Billboard 1967 Part 16 impossible to unzip. Something went wrong? Zipped and re-uploaded with the same pass: U26.01.22. Please download again.
Thank you for finding this error
Bill Black’s Combo – Movin’
The Untouchable Sound
My LP = Hi Records SHL 32005 (USA 1962)
1. A1 Movin' (2:01)
2. A2 What'd I Say (2:14)
3. A3 Hey Bo Diddley (2:06)
4. A4 Witchcraft (2:29)
5. A5 Work With Me Annie (2:04)
6. A6 Be Bop A-Lula (2:12)
7. B1 My Babe (2:19)
8. B2 Forty Miles Of Bad Road (2:06)
9. B3 Ain't That Lovin' You Baby (2:08)
10. B4 Honky Train (1:58)
11. B5 The Walk (2:18)
12. B6 Torquay (2:01)
Artwork Included (front, back, inner sleeve from Discogs and freshly scanned labels from my LP)
https://www86.zippyshare.com/v/OT0JvbmX/file.html
A little bit of this and that for y'all........enjoy
** Bluegrass **
Lonesome Will Mullins & Friends - Clawhammer Banjer ( unknown year of release ) ( cd rip wav )
https://www86.zippyshare.com/v/QCgQS9ag/file.html
** BLUES **
don't pass this one up it's very good.....
Judy Roderick - Ain't Nothin' But The Blues ( 1964 ) ( mp3@192 )
https://www105.zippyshare.com/v/xh3dYYE5/file.html
** Rock **
Crack The Sky - White Music ( 1980 ) ( cd rip flac )
https://www28.zippyshare.com/v/IlxanhMt/file.html
Hello again, here’s another monthly set of reggae/dub and the like. No old-school Jamaican ska this time but plenty coolness to compensate for that, I think. For instance, dig that Madness boogie tune called ‘Stepping Into Line’. Oh by the way, ’The Prince’ [track 15] of course refers to Prince Buster, not the FAR I & his Arabs dubs I sandwiched it inbetween. A coincidence I only now noticed, after compiling and ripping.
SPLASH ’22 (Various Artists) - VOL. 01
Tracklist:
01. Rasan I & The Freedom Fighters ft Jah Scott - Arise He Daughters
02. Madness - Stepping Into Line
03. Basement 5 – Paranoiaclaustrophobia: Dub
04. Frenz - Mee Lei Moi
05. Rudy Mills - Time Is On My Side
06. The Rolling Stones - Crackin’ Up (Live, El Mocambo, Toronto -March 4th-5th, 1977)
07. Elvis Costello & The Attractions - Watching The Detectives (Live, El Mocambo, Toronto -March 6th, 1978)
08. Nick Lowe - No Reason
09. Madness - Deceives The Eye
10. Tribesman - The Tribe
11. Alton Ellis - Chatty Chatty People (Discomix)
12. Rabbit – ’43 Revolution
13. Jah Glen; Richard McDonald - Jah Jah Bring Everything; Natty Lead The Way
14. Prince Far I & The Arabs - Anambra Dub
15. Madness - The Prince (Single Version)
16. Prince Far I & The Arabs - Bendel Dub
17. Prince Far I & The Arabs - Ondo Dub
18. Culture - Zion Gate
19. Joe Gibbs & The Professionals - Zion Rock
20. Rasan I & The Freedom Fighters - Axum Highest
Tracklist plus a number of info links included. Tracks 04 and 13 derived from YouTube, all other tracks from vinyl and CDs.
https://www.imagenetz.de/9UTfp
https://krakenfiles.com/view/Ip5YfWiELx/file.html
Gaius said:
Just finishing my collection of Suomi Gothic band 'Battlelore'. So here is their last release until now (male & female vocals):
Battlelore (Finland) - Doombound, 2011
https://www.imagenetz.de/m3p4L
Filling my own request for Rockabilly Stars (Columbia Rockabilly) Volume 3 with a rip of the CD I recently acquired. Thanks to Gyro1966 who shared Volume 1 and Volume 2 here on TZ in late 2017. Other than some slight tagging changes, I'm sharing those as well. All are @320.
https://www.discogs.com/release/2184240-Various-Rockabilly-Stars-Vol-1
https://www.discogs.com/release/3543484-Various-Rockabilly-Stars-Vol-2
https://www.discogs.com/release/8785431-Various-Rockabilly-Stars-Vol3
Rockabilly Stars Volume 1.zip
https://www2.zippyshare.com/v/eGWyxQac/file.html
Rockabilly Stars Volume 2.zip
https://www2.zippyshare.com/v/YVg9KGLh/file.html
Rockabilly Stars Volume 3.zip
https://www2.zippyshare.com/v/pnVv5ZEu/file.html
Would any of the fine citizens of the Twilight Zone have any Angel'in Heavy Syrup albums to share? They were a Japanese shoegaze/space rock band active in the nineties. They were the favourite band of a very cute girl I knew at school. When I told her I liked Spiritualized she out-cooled me by naming this obscure all female Japanese band!
https://www.discogs.com/artist/172825-Angelin-Heavy-Syrup
Many thanks,
Mose
Would any one of you kind folk have either, Various Artists - The History Of Blue Beat - The Birth Of Ska BB76 - BB100 A & B Sides or Various Artists - The History Of Blue Beat - The Birth Of Ska BB101 - BB125 A & B Sides to share?
https://www.discogs.com/release/4737177-Various-The-History-Of-Blue-Beat-The-Birth-Of-Ska-BB76-BB100-A-B-Sides
https://www.discogs.com/release/5162121-Various-The-History-Of-Blue-Beat-The-Birth-Of-Ska-BB101-BB125-A-B-Sides-
Donny Hathaway – Donny Hathaway (1971) Vinyl @320
https://www15.zippyshare.com/v/hKugGa5N/file.html
https://www.discogs.com/Donny-Hathaway-Donny-Hathaway/release/6895933
Billy Swan – I'm Into Lovin' You (1981) Vinyl @320
https://www81.zippyshare.com/v/xTLxEcfz/file.html
https://www.musicstack.com/item/260800553
Mikata – Gang-Gang Dance (1986) Vinyl @320
https://www12.zippyshare.com/v/ZOXrvvjj/file.html
https://www.discogs.com/Mikata-Gang-Gang-Dance/release/1635701
@ cabledogg2
The day is always better with some Crack the Sky!
Thanks
Hello,
is someone out there able to post
Hidden Gems - Downbeat / Swingtime Vol. 1 & 2 ?
Many thanks in advance
@ Seamav
Thanks for sharing the Eubie Blake. I never cease to find musical treasures in this section of TZ but this one's a true pleasant surprise pour moi.
Back in them there olden days I never heard of Eubie Blake. I came home late one night & caught him & Gregory Hines on SNL & I was hooked.
Being that my previous lifestyle of my younger years was one of intense chemical lubrication, I usually forget most stuff but that performance remains a shining memory.
Thanks again!
P.S. More if you got 'em!
Masaccio, you know what is said about the 60s and 70s. if you remember them, you weren't there.
HenkP, I look forward to each month's end with your reliable delivery of excellent, very smartly compiled and always heartfelt SPLIFF collections. Please keep up this fine work in the future! Best, TC
You'll find what you're looking for here
https://nathannothinsez.blogspot.com/2014/08/come-on-feel-noise.html
Andy W
Thanks to HenkP for his reggae mix and to cabledogg2 for the Judy Roderick LP.
Can clash (or anyone else who has it) please re-post Various Artists - Seven Inchers Vol. 24 45’s?
It is the only one I am missing of the 58 volumes and 5 bonuses.
Also, I am still looking for Guitar Mania vol. 30, if anyone has a copy.
Thank you all for your help!
Sonics..? And life is too short for dub! Wtf were they thinkin'? Skip the lyrics and roll another one..
@Mose
Just because it wasn't clear until I followed the link, and I'm a trifle obsessive. I was going to post the Angel'in Heavy Syrup albums (1-3 anyway), but Andy W's post above is a link to where I got them from.
Many thanks to @EricC and @Andy W for pointing me to a great heap of Angel'in Heavy Syrup!
Mose
Blogger dc_animal said...
Filling my own request for Rockabilly Stars (Columbia Rockabilly) Volume 3 with a rip of the CD I recently acquired. Thanks to Gyro1966 who shared Volume 1 and Volume 2 here on TZ in late 2017. Other than some slight tagging changes, I'm sharing those as well. All are @320. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
was looking forward to getting these 320kbps but as usual FAKE 320 only VOLUME #3, just 2 are 320, 20 are 128 3-160 2-192 1-256. why do people do this. to check before posting use and spectrogram program. there are many out there free. thanks for the share but maybe someone has the set at flac or TRUE 320. cheers. Jake
Thanks BigGray for Bluebottle Kiss, Chocoreve for Frozen Planet and HenkP, new year new Splash. Cheers!
Here’s the last of the Question Mark & The Mysterians I have available, a live show from The Magic Bag In Ferndale MI. The band reformed and re-recorded their (then unavailable) catalogue and sounded as good as ever:
Ferndale MI 2007:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/4kisn683g5y1v9k/Live_%2540_The_M%2540gic_B%2540g_Fernd%2540le_MI_07.zip/file
Here’s what I’m sure I have, but I can’t find to to share:
More Action (Cavestomp Records)
Do You Feel It Baby? (Norton Records)
Feel It! The Very Best Of Question Mark & The Mysterians (Cavestomp)
Question Mark & The Mysterians featuring 96 Tears 1997 (Collectables)
Maybe someone can fill the gaps?
Yer Pal,
Stinky
Post a Comment