Monday, 17 January 2022

"Before Birdmen Flew..." - Australian Beat, R&B & Punk 1965-1967 - Vol 1

Yet another 60's garage comp...but hey, this one's all Aussie stuff and there are some great moody tracks here...
...The Black Diamonds "I Want, Need, Love You" has some seedy, surly vocals and some dirty guitar, and stands out like the proverbial dog's balls. Thane Russal, (aka Doug Gibbons - best known for his wild, freak-beat re-working of Otis Redding's "Security") does a pretty decent emulation of a sneering Mick Jagger on "I Need You". Otherwise The Pogs and The Sunsets tracks also impress, as well as The Morlochs for their great quiet-loud dynamic on "Every Night". - meatierwhore
trax:
1. By My Side - The Elois 2. I Want, Need, Love You - The Black Diamonds 3. Rum Drunk - The Moods 4. I'm Gonna Try - The Purple Hearts 5. I Want Love - The Sunsets 6. I Need You - Thane Russal 7. The Pogs' Theme - The Pogs 8. Every Night - The Morloch 9. Little Girl - The La De Da's 10. Leaving Here - The Vacant Lot 11. Lost Girl - Grandma's Tonic 12. No Cheatin' - Donnie Sutherland & The Titans 13. Watch Your Step - The Jackson Kings 14. Rosalyn - Steve & The Board 15. You're Good For Me - The Pink Finks 16. You're Against - The D-Coys

2 comments:

RYP said...

"Before Birdmen Flew..." - Australian Beat, R&B & Punk 1965-1967 - Vol 1
gitit! no pw
https://mega.nz/file/0KwC0AJQ#NyWmZz4FU0Hw73uaVApTXlzKdwSSlVpohIMBMq2sQ9c

hotrodmike said...

Thanks for this.