Tuesday, 4 November 2025

…and now for something completely different! 2897 - 2025

These damned religious fanatics, politicians, warlords, and so on... They all bring death and destruction, even though they know they are just as superfluous as telephone disinfectants and hairdressers! - RYP

PLEASE READ OUR RULES:
We have a first entry each day that is a picture or a video, and only in that entry you can place your music links and requests (NO ALBUMS OR BOOKS RELEASED IN 2023 AND AFTER, AND A DAILY LIMIT OF 3 ALBUMS OR BOOKS AND NO REQUESTS FOR FLAC OR OTHER LOSSLESS, IF YOU WANT FLAC, BUY THE ALBUM)! Here you can say what you like, unless it's offensive, racist or discriminatory! Please keep your language polite and respectful. All other official posts will only allow comments related to the official posts and such. That way it will keep things much more organized and tidy. Enjoy! RYP and Gyro1966 and Gaius R.I.P.

42 comments:

The Masaccio of Gonzo said...

Hi TZ’ers!

@ garagekings - this was close @ hand, luckily. I’ve just been uploading from different portable hard drives & it made your request easy.

Unfortunately I’m not able to plow back & forth every day through all these 2 & 4 TB hard drives I own looking for specific titles. As mentioned before, these ebooks are an unorganized heap lol

@ Walter Jacobs & getiatrix - IF I have those titles I will have to look & it’ll be a few days as I’m working the election polls on Tuesday the 4th & have Drs’s appointments the rest of the week.

The way things are going in America this might be the last time we still have the right to vote. Things are looking pretty grim for the common man & woman American citizens.

Our systems are failing us.

Things are going great if you’re a greedy billionaire who likes to take a shit on gold toilets in bathrooms decorated in marble lmao

Thank God for music.


The Lost Beach Boy-David Marks (2007) pdf

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qPwg0WmUmLXiDxyIulDLMxuBIr_hJPrY/view?usp=share_link


Bubblegum - The History of Plastic Pop (2011) pdf

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T6x73RY8bEiEI9sJ1IxUzGpSIB6D1onL/view?usp=share_link


Bubblegum Music is the Naked Truth (2001) pdf

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jf8VtKDcbZKgRMAwYcrr6MWHYjUnxzlf/view?usp=share_link


Enjoy!

Richie Nixan said...

Revenant Record
John Fahey - Your Past Comes Back to Haunt You - The Fonotone Years 4
https://pixeldrain.com/u/SrDYq1ij
___________________________________

A Service To The World

Hugh Masekela
Still Grazing (1966-1974)
https://pixeldrain.com/u/HiWK9gVQ
1974 I'm not afraid
https://pixeldrain.com/u/MKFcPgJL

RYP said...

It seems, however, that besides Agent Orange, 50% of Americans also want to become billionaires and bathe in golden bathtubs and relieve themselves on golden toilets. One person's success is only made possible by many others! That shouldn't be forgotten! It was the same with Hitler!

cabledogg2 said...

some fresh cd / vinyl rips for y'all.......enjoy!



** Rockabilly / Atomic Age Rock & Roll **

The Rock-A-Sonics - Ain't No Solid Sender ( 2021 ) ( cd rip flac )

https://we.tl/t-VJ5zA1TFts



** Rock & Roll **

Paul McCartney - CHOBA B CCCP~Back In The USSR ( The Russian Album ) ( 1988 ) ( cd rip flac )

https://we.tl/t-sqcTFtofjL



** Outlaw Country **

Johnny Paycheck - Armed & Crazy ( 1978 ) ( vinyl rip flac )

https://we.tl/t-f4lURVRjPY

Anonymous said...

Thought you weren't allowed to make political comments?
Edward

The Masaccio of Gonzo said...

Agreed RYP! It blows my mind how some family & friends, good people, voted for The Reality TV President. I can’t understand what they see in him other than they have some of that poison in them too. NO KINGS!!!!

RYP said...

Who said that, Edward? Agent Orange? He has no say in this!

Apesville said...

Small Independent Rockin' labels Series
re-up on request
Longhorn (Dallas, Texas) 45rpm
Location : 2631 Fonville Drive, Dallas 27, Texas (April 1960)
Owner : Dewey Groom

Volume 1 45 issues 502 (1960) to 549 (1964)
vol.2 tomorrow

Track list go https://anorakrockabilly45rpm.blogspot.com
https://workupload.com/file/nfak7z9UB64

sambgodot said...

HEREB ALPERT & TJB 2

WHIPPED CREAM AND OTHER DELIGHTS https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whipped_Cream_%26_Other_Delights
https://workupload.com/file/SWqM6UACMYa

A ‘permanent’ band was formed for live work. Studio work continued to use session musicians alongside the band members.

GOING PLACES https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Going_Places_(Herb_Alpert_and_the_Tijuana_Brass_album)
https://workupload.com/file/yLWdDf9VATr

WHAT NOW MY LOVE https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_Now_My_Love_(album)
https://workupload.com/file/5mVUndZJqhb

Searnav said...

Various Artists – Rock En France 1962-1967 (Volume 3)

LCD Records LCD 26-2 (France 2000)

Note 1: due to a mispressing, there are actually 26 songs on this CD, not 24. Well, in fact, track 24 is made out of three different parts: Mick Harvey’s ’Je Pars De La Ville’ (as announced), plus two other songs by Mick Harvey. I have separated track #24 in three parts. Mick Harvey (real name Michel Levieuge) is the ex-lead singer of French band Les Aristocrates.

Note 2: this compilation is worth having, if only for the incredible French versions of Gloria, Pushin’ Too Hard, Summertime Blues and Nervous Breakdown.

1. Marc Humbert Et les Blue Men - Ne Vas Pas Crier Sur Les Toits (All Night Worker) (2:21)
2. Marc Humbert Et les Blue Men - Félicitations (Congratulations) (2:51)
3. Les Sounders Avec Pat Winther - L'Argent De Poche (Summertime Blues) (1:47)
4. Les Sounders Avec Pat Winther - Je Suis Un Nerveux (Nervous Breakdown) (2:24)
5. Jean-Claude Germain Et Les Lionceaux - On N'Est Pas D'Hier (Anybody Here) (3:04)
6. Jean-Claude Germain Et Les Lionceaux - Fais-La Souffrir (Go Get Him Girl) (2:21)
7. Patrick Samson Et Les Phéniciens - Gloria (Gloria) (2:21)
8. Patrick Samson Et Les Phéniciens - Tout Ira Très Bien (It's Gonna Be Alright) (2:02)
9. Ronnie Bird - Elle M'Attend (The Last Time) (2:44)
10. Ronnie Bird - Chante (I Can Only Give You Everything) (live) (2:30)
11. Tom & Jerry Et Les Sharks - Ursula (Land Of A Thousand Dances) (2:38)
12. Tom & Jerry Et Les Sharks - Jenny Jenny (Jenny Take A Ride) (3:05)
13. Perkins - C'Est Ca Le Monde (2:41)
14. Perkins - Dans Combien De Temps (3:55)
15. Nicolas Nils Et Les Murators - Il Faut Trimer Dur (Pushin' Too Hard) (2:02)
16. Nicolas Nils Et Les Murators - Faudra Compter Avec Moi (Try To Understand) (2:58)
17. Les Somethings - Le Monde Infernal (2:53)
18. Les Somethings - Mister Lincoln (2:37)
19. Tony Mark Et les Marksmen - S'Il Faut Un Homme (I'm A Man) (2:15)
20. Tony Mark Et les Marksmen - Je Vis Comme Je Vis (Save Me) (2:53)
21. Gil Now Et Les Turnips - Dis-Le Moi (2:52)
22. Gil Now Et Les Turnips - Mais Ne Pleure Pas (Mojo Mama) (2:36)
23. Mick Harvey - Fils Indigne N° 2 (2:19)
24. Mick Harvey - Je Pars De La Ville (2:11)
25. Mick Harvey – Moi J’Ai Cherché Sur Cette Terre(2:34)
26. Mick Harvey – Les Métiers (2:53)

Front Cover Included

https://pixeldrain.com/u/dWe2Qe7i

Searnav said...

Burrito Deluxe – The Whole Enchilada

Luna Chica Records LCR 001 (USA 2004)

Carlton Moody (guitar, mandolin, vocals)
"Sneaky" Pete Kleinow (pedal steel guitar)
Garth Hudson (accordion, Hammond organ, piano, synthesizer)
Jeff "Stick" Davis (bass)
Rick Lonow (drums)

1. You Got Gold (4:36)
2. The Letter (2:51)
3. Woman Like You (3:56)
4. Sister (3:19)
5. Ezekiel's Wheel (2:33)
6. Zydeco Ball (3:02)
7. Everywhere I Go (3:18)
8. All I Had Left (Left With Yo (3:24)
9. Memphis Money (3:44)
10. Way Back In The Mountains (3:15)
11. Baton Rouge (3:00)
12. Last Letter Home (3:59)
13. Rex Bob Lowenstein (4:51)
14. Good Night (3:17)

Artwork Included (front, back, CD)

https://workupload.com/file/T8arEqLpFMu

Searnav said...

Gilbert Bécaud – We Proudly Present Monsieur Gilbert Bécaud

Kapp 1353 (USA 1965)

Gilbert Bécaud’s first recordings in English, including English versions of 8 of his own French songs

1. What Now My Love (Et Maintenant) (2:40)
2. Fly Me To The Moon (2:36)
3. Let It Be Me (Je T'Appartiens) (2:33)
4. You'll See (Crois-Moi Ca Durera) (2:52)
5. Marie Marie (Marie Marie) (2:52)
6. The Day The Rains Came (Le Jour Où La Pluie Viendra) (2:11)
7. More (2:07)
8. Too Good (Trop Beau) (2:49)
9. What Kind Of Fool Am I (2:21)
10. What To Do With Laurie (2:58)
11. Two Shadows In The Sand (Le Mur) (2:39)
12. Something Missing (L'Absent) (2:10)

Artwork Included (regular and promo fronts, backs, labels side A)

https://pixeldrain.com/u/ySGfxczk

Andy said...

Some reggae for you

Junior Byles - 1973 - A Long Way
https://pixeldrain.com/u/DQe1FNH9

Johnny Clarke - 2017 - All Dubbed Up
https://pixeldrain.com/u/w5xEZJi2

VA - Randy's Vintage Dub Selection (Dubbing At Randy's 1969-1975) (2003)
https://pixeldrain.com/u/UuboXSGk

Enjoy
Andy

Anonymous said...

_______________
Arnos Uploads # 9:
Today two more compilations with archival material from the TVPs… But to be honest – one of them
I don't actually have! But I’ve created a DIY-Kit to build it yourself if you like! I’m talking about:
_______________
1. 2020 - Television Personalities – “ Some Kind Of Happiness? - Singles 1994-1999” 2 LP Set

The third part of The TVP Singles-Series consists mainly of recordings that can also be found on the CD compilation "Fashion Conscious (The Little Teddy Years)" ( - which I have already posted some days ago) – plus the two EPs " Do You Think If You Were Beautiful You'd Be Happy EP" (1995) and "I Was A Mod Before You Was A Mod (Easy Mix) EP" (1996).
So for everybody who likes to have this specific album on their hard disc you can build it yourself!
You find everythig you need In my “DIY-Kit” I’ve included the artwork, the complete track list and both of the EPs. You just need to download the "Fashion Conscious”-CD which I’ve posted in ANFCD #2892 (If you haven’t already) and combine it with the EPs according to the included tracklist! Easy!

https://www.discogs.com/de/master/3484420-Television-Personalities-Some-Kind-Of-Happiness-Singles-1994-1999
https://mega.nz/file/ZQJh3ZSB#_MzJlPMgfpcZI3oxj0nbOr0a83ZPVrvAz7NJQnJNLJQ
_______________
2. 2021- Television Personalities – “Another Kind of Trip Live 1985-1993“ 2 LP Sethttps://www.discogs.com/master/3196251-Television-Personalities-Another-Kind-of-Trip-Live-1985-1993
And here’s another double album (because my DIY kit for the first double album only contains enough music for one CD)) ! This live compilation features 27 live tracks from 1985 – 1992 “featuring unreleased versions and a song that never made it to the studio”!

https://www.discogs.com/de/release/19159549-Television-Personalities-Another-Kind-of-Trip-Live-1985-1993
https://mega.nz/file/URYH0DzY#wuRSkRYpM8smNT8cpmJbvySGq5V91efSkJi-gK9HcIk
_______________
Enjoy if you like!
There are a few more interesting things coming in my last TVP post - next time
Arno Nym

philo said...

Re-up Sunday Gospel #25
The Norfleet Brothers - What A Friend 1969
The Swanee Quintet - Step By Step 1967
The Victory Travelers – The Victory Travelers 1970
https://pixeldrain.com/u/xzwRLg9i

RiCK SAUNDERS said...

Here's the last 3 Jeb Loy Nichols albums I have. There's others but they're too new.
Btw, Fellow Travellers is Jeb Loy's band before going solo.

1990 Jeb Loy - Fellow Travellers - Selection Box
https://pixeldrain.com/u/46gTMwzM

1997 JEB LOY - Lover's Knot
https://pixeldrain.com/u/zofbYfy4

2000 Jeb Loy - Just What Time it Is
https://pixeldrain.com/u/Jx5YeYsQ

RiCK SAUNDERS said...

Thanks Cabledogg2 for the Paycheck. I don't have that one but I do have a bunch more if anybody wants 'em.

-Rick

Richie Muster said...

Arno, thanks very much for the TVP live.

Stephano Zoig said...

Two more Minutemen records:
-Double Nickels On The Dime (1984)
-Post-Mersh, Vol. 1 (1987)

https://pixeldrain.com/u/RZ8KAoxv

Anonymous said...

One's background is "mein kampf”, the other -> 7 bankruptcies.

Anonymous said...

Tuesu
War and Peace in the Nuclear Age13
nuclearstrategyforbeginnersreel1
nuclearstrategyforbeginnersreel2
https://pixeldrain.com/u/kyVshuf6
Pete Seegar tomorrow!
Bucephalus

HenkP said...

On October 28 at 18:00, Man from Mordor posted this request:
“Please can anyone here help with a Kinks album titled “20 Golden Greats” released decades ago on the Ronco label - it contains 20 singles all in their original mono state”.
This reminded me I used to have said LP, not sure if I still have it.
According to Discogs, 17 out of those 20 on that LP were indeed mono, and the last three in stereo (‘Victoria’-‘Lola’-‘Apeman’).
Discogs info:
https://www.discogs.com/release/904041-The-Kinks-20-Golden-Greats

I have made a reconstruction, free from surface noise, using mono versions from various CD reissues. All tracks sequenced as the LP presented them. As for the last three tunes I mentioned, I included their mono mixes as well as the stereo ones. Discogs images are included. Personally, I am quite pleased with the result. Hope you are, too.

The Kinks – 20 Golden Greats (Ronco LP, 1978)_reconstructed:

https://pixeldrain.com/u/WD4BECNb

Cheers! Think Kink!
-HP

DrNecessitor said...

It's his site, he can say what he wants.

clash said...

Would anyone out there have any or all of these comps on this label to share?
https://www.discogs.com/label/1806712-Checkerboard-2

joe said...

Thank you cabledog for all you posts, and this Johnny Paycheck in particular

loyoyo said...

@The Masaccio of Gonzo: much as I like bubblegum music, was delighted to see study of blues' influence Poetic Song Verse from University Press of Mississippi in its stead! Thank you, more blues (and R&B) bios, history, research, criticism please. More punk rock and other genres too. Enjoying everything you post, wishing for more time to read!!!




























1

iggy said...

Ah, RYP, you have raised the most challenging question of my eight decades: How can so many Americans support a hatefully pathetic creature who lacks most, no, ALL human characteristics, yet knows how to deceive and corrupt those who lack the power to see beyond his curtain. I have closest relatives in that category, the "I thought I knew them" group. I can't help seeing them as either "too ignorant/insensitive to understand" or, worse, "aware of what he's doing and supporting him anyway". Either way, how do I pretend that everything is just fine and maintain some kind of relationship? And why would I want to? Anyone with an answer, please send it along. All good wishes, Iggy

A. Rodchenko said...

Never go to 'The Unofficial Blog', it contains virus

Man from Mordor said...

@ HenkP. So many thanks for posting this and for all your work on reconstruction. You are indeed a star. The resultant album plays so well. Great stuff, best wishes from Man from Mordor.

DiJiT said...

Thank's for the roots reggae!

Richie Nixan said...

The Americans were not bothered with Hitler at all. It was the Germany-Japan alliance that made the USA fight against them only after Pearl Harbour. before that, they did not engage. As we all know they were rascist by law, back then.It took the USA another 25 years after WW II to give afro-americans civil rights.
I think the USA is quite near a state in which it is alike Russia or China. Top-down, believe, breath and be what your superiors want you to.

jhalal drut said...

Mods and scooters from San Luis Obispo, California circa 1992
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWZGZOZTSnE

garagekings said...

MoG, please accept my profuse thanks for finding the David Marks autobiog for me.

I also grabbed the other two from today - but unfortunately the Bubblegum History of Pop link directs one to a Blues book "Poetic Song Verse..."

Anonymous said...

@philo-thanks for bring the re-ups. The Victory Travelers is fantastic.

Steve Rydzewski said...

Anyone have anything from The CLOSE LOBSTERS? Thanks much! - SR, Phila

Anonymous said...

The Masaccio of Gonzo: don't blame the system, it's just that your country have too many cunts. Time for a clean up! Dick C.

The Chairman said...

@ HenkP: MfM is totally right, this is a great and rewarding endeavour. Many thanks & respect for the diversity of your tastes (next step: Kinky Splashs?). Best, TC

Rob Kopp said...

Thanks again, Arno

Fabio Danieli said...

Huge Thanks HenkP

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the Jeb, @Rick
H.H.

zipper said...

Thanks Andy for the reggae shares.

zigzagwanderer said...

Forever, Until Victory! The Singles Collection

https://www.imagenetz.de/fnQo4

More tomorrow .