Thursday, 27 November 2025

…and now for something completely different! 2920 - 2025

These damned religious fanatics, politicians, warlords, and so on... They all bring death and destruction, even though they know they are just as superfluous as telephone disinfectants and hairdressers! - RYP

PLEASE READ OUR RULES:
We have a first entry each day that is a picture or a video, and only in that entry you can place your music links and requests (NO ALBUMS OR BOOKS RELEASED IN 2023 AND AFTER, AND A DAILY LIMIT OF 3 ALBUMS OR BOOKS AND NO REQUESTS FOR FLAC OR OTHER LOSSLESS, IF YOU WANT FLAC, BUY THE ALBUM)! Here you can say what you like, unless it's offensive, racist or discriminatory! Please keep your language polite and respectful. All other official posts will only allow comments related to the official posts and such. That way it will keep things much more organized and tidy. Enjoy! RYP and Gyro1966 and Gaius R.I.P.

37 comments:

Searnav said...

Rains & Harris – Rains & Harris

RCA APL1-2422 (USA 1977)

This album was never released on CD.

Chick Rains (acoustic guitar, vocals)
Greg Harris (guitar, mandolin, banjo, vocals)
Al Perkins (pedal steel guitar)
Michael Bowden (bass)
Buzz Buchanon (drums, percussion)
Brian Whitcomb (keyboards)
John Hug (guitars)
Tricia Jones, Cathy Ward & Charles Merriam (background vocals)

From Thomas Aubrunner’s Burrito Brother website at

http://www.burritobrother.com/harris2.htm

“Late 1976, Greg Harris was playing at a solo artists outdoor concert in the bay area and a guy named Chick Rains saw him play and asked him to form a group.

Chick Rains was good friends with Jim Ed Norman (ex-member of Shiloh, a Texas band, which also included Al Perkins, Michael Bowden and future Eagle Don Henley), and they invited Greg to record some demos with them in Los Angeles. Pleased with the results, Jim took the demos to RCA and soon they had a big time record deal.

This is the 1977 self-titled album for RCA ; it was also produced by Jim Ed Norman.

Chick & Greg shared the vocal duties and Greg also wrote one of the songs together with Chick ("You've Got To Give Love"). The remaining 9 songs were all written by Chick Rains.

Among the musicians on the album, in addition to Greg Harris on guitar, mandolin, banjo and Chick Rains on guitar, were Al Perkins (ex-Flying Burrito Brothers) on pedal steel guitar and Michael Bowden (ex-Cold Steel, a group with Sneaky Pete Kleinow and Gib Guilbeau and a member of Emmylou Harris' Hot Band in 1980s).”

1. Hot Summer In A Small Town (4:16)
2. I'm Not Ashamed (3:10)
3. Easy (4:17)
4. I Love The Way (3:07)
5. New Mexico Sunrise (3:12)
6. One In A Million (3:16)
7. You've Got To Give Love (3:54)
8. Spending All My Time With You (2:54)
9. Lay It On The Line (3:04)
10. Dreaming Is Easy (3:15)

(Not My) Vinyl Rip - Artwork Included (front, back, labels)

De-noised, de-clicked, levelled and balanced.

Thanks to T.A. and J.P.M.

https://pixeldrain.com/u/KxkyqvfT

Searnav said...

The Flying Burrito Brothers - Seattle Pop Festival 1969

Gold Creek Park, Woodinville, WA – July 27, 1969

Gram Parsons (guitar, vocals)
Chris Hillman (guitar, vocals)
Sneaky Pete Kleinow (pedal steel guitar)
Chris Ethridge (bass)
Michael Clarke (drums)

With bonus tracks

01 Close Up The Honkytonks (2:29)
02 Dark End of the Street (3:38)
03 (Sweet) Mental Revenge (3:06)
04 Image Of Me (3:08)
05 Christine's Tune (Devil In Disguise) (5:13)
06 Sin City (3:53)
07 Out Of Control (2:51)
08 Wake Up Little Susie (2:44)
09 You Win Again (3:25)
10 We've Got To Get Ourselves Together (3:30)
11 She Thinks I Still Care (5:10)
12 Dream Baby (How Long Must I Dream) (2:46)
13 Lucille (2:35)
14 Take A Message To Mary (3:00)
15 Train Song (3:13)

Bonus Tracks - Date and Venue unknown:

16. Sin City (3:51)
17. Christine's Tune (Devil In Disguise) (3:36)
18. (Sweet) Mental Revenge (3:09)
19. She Thinks I Still Care (3:03)
20. Dream Baby (How Long Must I Dream) (2:42)
21. Wake Up Little Susie (2:41)

Artwork Included (front, back, booklet)

https://workupload.com/file/cWfsKG3hqAD

Searnav said...

Joël Daydé – White Soul

Riviera 521189 (France 1972)

Joël Daydé was the lead singer of French rock band Zoo. This is his second post-Zoo solo album (sung in English).

1. A Better Place (2:58)
2. Soul Snatching Woman (3:21)
3. The End Is Pretty Hard To Take (3:29)
4. Years Of Solitude (2:37)
5. Overtime (2:34)
6. Evil Lady Loving (3:11)
7. City People (2:41)
8. Pipriac Song (1:49)
9. Them (3:26)
10. Do It Now (2:40)

Vinyl Artwork Included (front, back, labels)

https://pixeldrain.com/u/zLsZ4xJP

Capt Deli said...

Random Interesting Things, #310

Krel / Out Of Space (2003)
LCD Soundsystem / The London Sessions (2010)
The Sound / From The Lion’s Mouth (1981)

https://mega.nz/folder/Qm51GRBB#Y2gdVgrW-VJQ_XEG6sEcPw

Will be live for a couple of weeks
Capt D

Richie Nixan said...

A few days ago someone (Rob) asked for CDeelder Box
https://www.discogs.com/release/3719427-Various-CDeelder-Box
Here is the 2006 Deelderhythm
https://www.discogs.com/release/4463570-Various-Deelderhythm
https://pixeldrain.com/u/b1L5QA8J
__________________________________

A Service To The World

Lucky Dube
A reggae star from South Africa killed in 2007, age 43
A career of 25 years in almost as many albums
https://pixeldrain.com/u/mEcGNPzT
1987 Slave
It also has the 1985 Think About The Children
which was included in yesterday's compilation.

The Masaccio of Gonzo said...

Hi TZ’ers!

4 Lives In The Bebop Business - Cecil Taylor, Ornette Coleman, Herbie Nichols, Jackie McClean (1966) pdf

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KkBlpbnbaH-quJMscVtM4fAPbdRVp2G6/view?usp=share_link


Hell of a Hat - The Rise of '90s Ska & Swing (2021) pdf

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1duzot7ofqZeXxD45jN5MiWi0c4-HWDKq/view?usp=share_link


Big Beat Heat - Alan Freed & The Early Years Of Rock & Roll (1991) pdf

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1u7gNB8jw8esD5zGqor8P3UZqhazeaceV/view?usp=share_link

Enjoy!

cabledogg2 said...

eclectic mix for y'all today...........enjoy!



** Country **

George Jones - Burning Your Playhouse Down ( The Unreleased Duets ) ( 2008 ) ( cd rip flac )

https://we.tl/t-eezfSm1WOx



** Rock / Hard Rock **

Drivin' n' Cryin' - Mystery Road ( 1989 ) ( cd rip flac )

https://we.tl/t-JfTWKujyF4



** Soul / Funk **

Archie Bell & The Drells - Tightening Up ~ The Best Of Archie Bell & The Drells ( 1994 ) ( cd rip flac )

https://we.tl/t-XornT3Oswi

sambgodot said...

I have a feeling these were posted a couple or three months ago, but I'll post them again for anyone who didn't see them then.

IF I COULD ONLY REMEMBER MY NAME https://www.discogs.com/release/20612974-David-Crosby-If-I-Could-Only-Remember-My-Name
LP (& DELUXE EDITION BONUS) https://workupload.com/file/c9nYYt9Ayyc

ALTERNATIVE VERSIONS (2CD)
Disc 1 1. Song With No Words 2. Tamalpais High 3. What are Their Names 4. Song Without Words 5. Orleans 6. I’d Swear There Was Somebody There 7. Music Is Love 8./9. Laughing 10./11./12. Traction In The Rain 13./14. I’d Swear There Was Somebody There 15. Music Is Love
Disc 2 1. Music Is Love 2./3. Laughing 4./5. Song With No Words 6./7. Tamalpais High 8./9. Orleans 10. Cowboy Movie
https://workupload.com/file/U29X3X9KMqx

Gary Field said...

THURSDAY NIGHT VIDEO


The Films Of Ken Loach (Pt.3)

Days Of Hope [Pt. 1-4] (1975)
https://we.tl/t-7pm7oE87pv

zigzagwanderer said...

Billow Observatory

2012 - Billow Observatory

https://www.imagenetz.de/emjRn


2017 - II Plains / Patterns

https://www.imagenetz.de/kh5pp


2019 - III Chrome Contour

https://www.imagenetz.de/gVunC

lemonflag said...

Thanks

Anonymous said...

Thux
VA reggae
https://pixeldrain.com/u/7NC4zhLD
Bucephalus

Capt Deli said...

@zigzag - thanks for the Billow, @sambgodot - thanks for the Crosby

RiCK SAUNDERS said...

2002 Cassandra Wilson - Belly of the Sun
https://pixeldrain.com/u/CegLWVfs

2002 Cassandra Wilson - Standards
https://pixeldrain.com/u/53p6pvMF

2003 Cassandra Wilson - Glamoured https://pixeldrain.com/u/cA4A2nP2

dc_animal said...

Offering --- Filling my own request:
Just About As Good As It Gets - Great British Skiffle (Vol. 1) - The Original Skiffle Recordings 1948-1956

https://www.discogs.com/release/7622965-Various-Great-British-Skiffle-The-Original-Skiffle-Recordings-1948-1956


https://www.imagenetz.de/ESr7k


Enjoy! I had a day or two where my impulse control was non-existent, so the loss of money from my wallet is your gain!

dc_animal said...

Requests: Still working on my 1972 popular and bubbling under charts project. Here's a few more I'm looking for.

Tom Rush – Kids These Days (Single Edit - 3:19)
Record World Singles 101 to 150 - Entered: 09/02/1972, Peaked at 137
https://www.discogs.com/master/1230388-Tom-Rush-Kids-These-Days

Travis Wammack ‎– How Can I Tell You (Single Edit - 3:43)
Cash Box Top 100 Singles - Entered: 12/30/1972, Peaked at 59
https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1910750522

The Doors – Ships W/ Sails (US Single Edit - 3:42)
It appears that the US had an even more truncated version than the international single edit which was available on 'The Singles' box set which ran 4:09.
Record World Singles 101 to 150 - Entered: 03/11/1972, Peaked at 116
https://www.discogs.com/release/5972052-The-Doors-Ships-WSails-

Potliquor - Waitin' For Me At The River (Single Edit - 3:45)
Record World Singles 101 to 150 - Entered: 09/30/1972, Peaked at 126
https://www.discogs.com/release/7827450-Potliquor-Levee-Blues-Waitin-For-Me-At-The-River

Thanks in advance to anyone who might happen to have anything I've requested in the past few days.

philo said...

May take some diggin' and a few days but I think I may have Ship With Sails.

tuskin said...

Sonny Rollins Milestones of a Legend Vols 4,5,6 https://mega.nz/file/aUUSTYxS#2Iop3ffMYOyDltzPv7yym94Fz9sYMevbCBkv4qcy7x8

dc_animal said...

@philo - Thanks for taking a peek for the US short-short version of Ships With Sails! I appreciate it.

Earthbound said...

dc_animal,

Based on the track duration this may be the US Single Edit of Ships W/ Sails you are looking for. Unfortunately, it's on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSVzYbe3oro

apauling said...

Thanks so much for posting Loach's early work for TV. A lot of it is unavailable elsewhere these days—a real shame.

dc_animal said...

@Earthbound - Thanks for pointing this out. I probably dismissed this when I was originally looking for the track on YouTube since I assumed that it was a live recording, but watching it makes me question the live part. You could be right, this may be the US single edit. Thank you!

Richie Muster said...

Thanks muchly to Capt. Deli for the randoms, & to zigzagwanderer for the Billow Observatory.

Stephano Zoig said...

Two records from Thinking Fellers Union Local 282, a San Francisco group that was really fun to see live in the 1990s. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thinking_Fellers_Union_Local_282

1. Thinking Fellers Union Local 282 - Lovelyville (1991)
2. Thinking Fellers Union Local 282 - Strangers From The Universe (1994)

https://pixeldrain.com/u/ALKCtHWt

RiCK SAUNDERS said...

Dear Mike M-
Did you already post the other 3 Vern Gosdin discs and I missed 'em?
Thanks!
-Rick

Aitor Rodriguez said...

Thanks for the rockin' Alan Freed.

J_M said...

Sheriff Lindo And The Hammer - Ten Dubs That Shook The World (bonus disc)

A bit of King Tubby, a bit of On-U.
The 2025 edition has no extra tracks, so here are the bonus tracks from the 1998/2005 and 2013 editions:

Link: https://www.imagenetz.de/QUgM6

Dub
Ja-Mike

philo said...

I apologize I rummaged around and was unable to find it.

Mike said...

CD1-2-3 posted 11-19 and CD4 posted 11-20. Total 4 CDs
links should still be good
Cheers,
Mike

Anonymous said...

en.mygomp3.com
has several versions of this song.
One of these may be the one that you want.
kenfrompreston bb

Anonymous said...

en.mygomp3.com
has several versions of this song, one of these may be the one that you want.
kenfrompreston

RiCK SAUNDERS said...

Thank you, Mike M, for the Vern. Sorry for the trouble. Somehow I managed to miss the 19th completely so thanks to Searnav for his Vern Gosdin contribution!
-Rick

RiCK SAUNDERS said...

2006 Cassandra Wilson - Thunderbird
https://pixeldrain.com/u/GnoJ497t

2008 Cassandra Wilson - Loverly
https://pixeldrain.com/u/4vp7JWdy

2010 CASSANDRA WILSON - Silver Pony
https://pixeldrain.com/u/PTWLqRK5

donmar002 said...

Thanks so much!

The Chairman said...

Many thanks, Ja-Mike! Good to have a glimpse of yours, again. Best, TC

dc_animal said...

@philo - Thank you for taking a look. I appreciate it. I'm almost certain that the one Earthbound suggested I look at is the one I'm looking for.

@kenfrompreston - Thanks for help! Looks like that site is mainly a youtube ripper, however it seems narrow things down a little bit better than youtube does sometimes. I saw a couple that had I had missed when I searched youtube previously. And it's aways good to have another youtube ripper option available in case the one I'm using stops working.

ELtel said...

@ cabledogg2, thanks for Archie.
cheers,ELtel