...Instead of once again returning to that seemingly bottomless well -- which has not only brought the original 1972 double LP, Nuggets, but such imitators as the Pebbles and Rubble series, plus Rhino's expanded four-disc 1998 box set and its 2001 sequel, which focused on singles from the U.K. and around the world -- the four-disc box Children of Nuggets is devoted to bands from the '70s, '80s, and '90s (but primarily the '80s) that were inspired by the original Nuggets LP, along with other trashy, intoxicating rock and guitar pop from the '60s. They weren't just inspired by this music -- they patterned themselves after it, from the sound to the look of classic garage psych. This might seem like a dodgy proposition, either as music or for the subject of an exhaustive retrospective like this, but the garage and psych revival of the '80s -- which also encompassed such diverse but related movements as power pop, British C-86 indie pop, the paisley underground, punk-blues, cowpunk, and surf rock -- was a surprisingly fertile scene, as this absolutely terrific box set proves...to be continued... - allmusic review by Stephen Thomas Erlewine
trax:1 Vanishing Girls - The Dukes Of Stratosphear 2 Help You Ann - The Lyres 3 The Real World - The Bangles 4 We're Living In Violent Times - The Barracudas 5 The Trains - The Nashville Ramblers 6 Seven Years - The Watermelon Men 7 Strangers When We Meet - The Smithereens 8 Wading Through A Ventilator - The Soft Boys 9 I Can't Hide - The Flamin' Groovies 10 The Girl From Baltimore - The Fleshtones 11 It's A Good Thing - That Petrol Emotion 12 She's Fine - The Stems 13 All My Life - The Point 14 Down At The Nightclub - The Creeps 15 (My Girl) Maryanne - The Spongetones 16 She Turns To Flowers - The Salvation Army 17 You Are My Friend - The Rain Parade 18 Mr. Unreliable - The Inmates 19 (I Thought) You Wanted To Know - Chris Stamey & The dB's 20 She Don't Know Why I'm Here - The Last 21 There Must Be A Better Life - Biff, Bang, Pow! 22 Slave Girl - The Lime Spiders 23 I May Hate You Sometimes - The Posies 24 I Helped Patrick McGoohan Escape - The Times 25 It's About Time - The Pandoras 26 I Live For Buzz - The Swingin' Neckbreakers 27 I Want You Back - The Hoodoo Gurus

4 comments:
"Children Of Nuggets" - CD 1
gitit! no pw
https://www16.zippyshare.com/v/OGYFT5Fp/file.html
Thanks! Great.
Can't wait for the rest of this. Many thanks
thank you very much.
Post a Comment