We have a first entry each day that is a picture or a video, and only in that entry you can place your music links and requests (NO ALBUMS RELEASED IN 2020 AND AFTER, AND A DAILY LIMIT OF 3 ALBUMS)! Here you can say what you like, unless it's offensive, racist or discriminatory! Please keep your language polite and respectful.
All the rest official posts will only allow comments related to the official posts and such. That way it will keep things much more organized and tidy.
Enjoy! RYP and Gyro1966
Tuesday, 7 June 2022
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

37 comments:
Billboard 1969 Part 18 (updated & remastered)
1. The Royal Guardsmen - Mother Where's Your Daughter - Single Edit (3:43)
2. The Royal Guardsmen - Magic Window (2:45)
3. The Royal Guardsmen - Mother Where's Your Daughter - Album (4:18)
4. Ruby & The Romantics - Hurting Each Other (2:52)
5. Ruby & The Romantics - Baby I Could Be So Good At Lovin' You (2:49)
6. Peggy Scott - Every Little Bit Hurts (3:22)
7. Peggy Scott - You Can Never Get Something For Nothing (2:54)
8. Simon & Garfunkel - The Boxer (5:11)
9. Simon & Garfunkel - Baby Driver (3:13)
10. Percy Sledge - Any Day Now (3:48)
11. Percy Sledge - The Angels Listened In (2:31)
12. Sly & The Family Stone - Stand!! (S) (3:06)
13. Sly & The Family Stone - Stand! (3:07)
14. Sly & The Family Stone - I Want To Take You Higher - Single Mix (3:00)
15. Sly & The Family Stone - I Want To Take You Higher - Album (S) (5:24)
16. James Taylor - Carolina In My Mind (S) (3:37)
17. James Taylor - Something's Wrong (S) (3:11)
18. Joe Tex - Buying A Book (S) (3:24)
19. Joe Tex - Chicken Crazy (S) (3:30)
20. The Unchained Mynds - We Can't Go On This Way (2:41)
21. The Unchained Mynds - Going Back To Miami (2:42)
22. The Unifics - It's A Groovy World! (3:25)
23. The Unifics - Memories (2:54)
24. Andy Williams - Happy Heart (S) (3:13)
25. Andy Williams - Happy Heart (3:14)
26. Andy Williams - Our Last Goodbye (S) (2:46)
27. Andy Williams - Our Last Goodbye (2:47)
28. Al Wilson - I Stand Accused (S) (3:30)
29. Al Wilson - Shake Me Wake Me (When It's Over) (S) (3:03)
30. Tammy Wynette - Singing My Song (2:23)
31. Tammy Wynette - Too Far Gone (S) (2:52)
32. Tammy Wynette - Too Far Gone (2:52)
33. Pat Boone - July, You're A Woman (S) (3:01)
34. Pat Boone - Break My Mind (S) (4:00)
35. Bill Deal & The Rhondels - I've Been Hurt (S) (2:10)
36. Bill Deal & The Rhondels - I've Been Hurt (2:12)
37. Bill Deal & The Rhondels - I've Got My Needs (S) (2:44)
38. Bill Deal & The Rhondels - I've Got My Needs (2:44)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=11QZLB7qzQU9oG6k-ww3Xq91f351X19RF
pass: U06.06.22
The Untamed Youth (Deke Dickerson) - Planet Mace (Estrus Records ESD1231)
https://www.imagenetz.de/eqk2X
LOS STRAITJACKETS & DEKE DICKERSON - SINGS THE GREAT INSTRUMENTAL HITS (YEP ROC RECORDS YEP-LP-2407)
https://www.imagenetz.de/fUwyx
UNCLE CHARLIE COMBO - FIREBALL (CAB7001)
https://www.imagenetz.de/kgYev
Hi all. I'm looking for a copy of this 2-CD set: The Aristocrat Of The Blues - The Best Of Aristocrat Records originally on Chess. I've got a couple of Aristocrat comps but I'm interested in this one for the additional tracks and the possibly better mastering. Thanks in advance.
Here's the Discogs link:
https://www.discogs.com/release/4940735-Various-The-Aristocrat-Of-The-Blues-The-Best-Of-Aristocrat-Records
Gaius said:
There once was a collaboration between Swedish BluesRock band Nature + Dave Greenslade:
Nature (Sweden) + Dave Greenslade (UK) - Live 1972, rem. 2013
https://www.imagenetz.de/oknRu
Here is a mixtape I made with songs that sounds a lot like The Velvet Underground (I think), wich I guess was the point (in one way or another) when those acts wrote and recorded them. Hope some of you enjoy the mix and gets in the VU mood. Support the bands if you like them, and celebrate and support the two velvets who's still alive and kicking today, Moe Tucker, Doug Yule and John Cale (and Lou, Sterling, Andy and Nico off course). And see Todd Haynes documentary about the group, it's mindblowing. Have a great day.
VA - The Velvet Underground - Twenty Soundalikes 1982-2019
01. The Nude Party - Feels Alright (2018)
02. Ultimate Painting - I've Got The Sanctioned Blues (2015)
03. Foxygen - No Destruction (2013)
04. The Koolaid Electric Company - Alright (2011)
05. The Dandy Warhols - (Tony, This Song is Called) Lou Weed (1995)
06. Kevin Morby - OMG Rock And Roll (2019)
07. The Black Ryder - The Greatest Fall (2009)
08. Papercuts - Unavailable (2007)
09. Violent Femmes - Good Feeling (1983)
10. The Dream Syndicate - Then She Remembers (1982)
11. Subsonics - Spit (2002)
12. The Jesus and Mary Chain - Break Me Down (1989)
13. The Aislers Set - Friends Of The Heroes (1998)
14. The Blue Angel Lounge - Narcotica (2010)
15. Warlocks - Baby Blue (2002)
16. Moon Duo - Mazes (2011)
17. Luna - Slash Your Tires (1992)
18. Holiday Ghosts - Paranoia (2017)
19. Nap Eyes - I've Always Known You Care (2018)
20. The Servants - She's Always Hiding (1986)
https://www53.zippyshare.com/v/7PZ9WFsz/file.html
...watch out for vol. 2.
Iain Matthews
Part 19 of 24
Plainsong
2005-Plainsong (Compilation)
https://www.imagenetz.de/jGkL5
01 - For The Second Time - Plainsong
02 - Yo Yo Man - Plainsong
03 - Louise - Plainsong
04 - Call The Tune - Plainsong
05 - Diesel On My Tail - Plainsong
06 - Amelia Earhart's Last Flight - Plainsong
07 - I'll Fly Away - Plainsong
08 - True Story Of Amelia Earhart - Plainsong
09 - Even The Guiding Light - Plainsong
10 - Side Roads - Plainsong
11 - Raider - Plainsong
12 - Seeds And Stems [Radio Session] - Plainsong
13 - Tigers Will Survive [Radio Session] - Plainsong
14 - Spanish Guitar [Radio Session] - Plainsong
15 - Time Between [Radio Session] - Plainsong
16 - Truck Driving Man [Radio Session] - Plainsong
17 - I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry [Radio Session] - Plainsong
18 - Wreck Of The Old 97 [Radio Session] - Plainsong
19 - I'll Fly Away [Pre-First Album] - Plainsong
01 - Old Man At The Mill [prev. unreleased] - Plainsong
02 - Urban Cowboy [prev. unreleased] - Plainsong
03 - The Fault [prev. unreleased] - Plainsong
04 - Swinging Doors [prev. unreleased] - Plainsong
05 - Keep On Sailing [prev. unreleased] - Plainsong
06 - Miss The Mississippi [prev. unreleased] - Plainsong
07 - Home [prev. unreleased] - Plainsong
08 - First Girl I Loved [prev. unreleased] - Plainsong
09 - Save Your Sorrows [prev. unreleased] - Plainsong
10 - Nobody Eats At Linebaugh's Any More [prev. unreleased] - Plainsong
11 - The Goodnight Lovin' Trail [prev. unreleased] - Plainsong
12 - All Around My Grandmother's Floor [prev. unreleased] - Plainsong
13 - That's All It Could Amount To [prev. unreleased] - Plainsong
14 - Amelia Earhart's Last Flight [live] - Plainsong
15 - Any Day Woman [live] - Plainsong
16 - Poor Ditching Boy [live] - Plainsong
17 - Even The Guiding Light [live] - Plainsong
18 - True Story Of Amelia Earhart [live] - Plainsong
19 - Raider [live] - Plainsong
20 - Miss The Mississippi [live] - Plainsong
21 - Along Comes Mary [7" Single] - Plainsong
22 - Even The Guiding Light [single version] - Plainsong
2012-Fat Lady Singing
https://www.imagenetz.de/g7gDZ
Sloth - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdP6rTix0j8
01 - Milarepa's Song - Plainsong
02 - Guiding Light - Plainsong
03 - All New People - Plainsong
04 - Raider - Plainsong
05 - Changing of the Guard - Plainsong
06 - Charlie - Plainsong
07 - Here Comes the Rain - Plainsong
08 - Pilgrims - Plainsong
09 - Barbed Wire Fence - Plainsong
10 - Old Man At the Mill - Plainsong
11 - Lost John - Plainsong
12 - If I Needed Rain - Plainsong
13 - Under the Volcano - Plainsong
14 - Yo-Yo Man - Plainsong
15 - True Story - Sweet Amelia - Plainsong
16 - Steal That Beat - Plainsong
17 - Needle in the Hay - Plainsong
18 - Sloth - Plainsong
19 - Gravy Train - Plainsong
@RYP
Your message to Rock 'n' Roll Steve yesterday.
I sometimes post my compilations here, and give a link to my text page, where my other compilations are available.
Is this not allowed now? I have no wish to break your rules.
You give a list of favourite websites on the right, where thousands of links are available! Is this not the same thing?
Dave Brubeck - Jazz & Blues Collection No 73
Atlas / Charly WIS CD 673 (France 1996)
Details on artwork (dates, places, musicians)
1. Theme - Introduction (1:01)
2. Stardust (7:05)
3. Gone With The Wind (6:59)
4. Stompin' for Willie (5:18)
5. Out Of Nowhere (4:43)
6. I'm In A Dancing Mood (3:44)
7. The Song Is For You (3:17)
8. A Minor Thing (6:58)
9. In Your Own Sweet Way (4:41)
10. The Trolley Song (3:21)
11. The Duke (2:46)
12. Love Walked In (7:51)
13. Here Lies Love (7:11)
14. All The Things You Are (4:58)
Artwork Included (front, back, CD)
https://www119.zippyshare.com/v/iM9kE38l/file.html
The Byrds – The Ritz, NY 1972
The Ritz, Port Richmond, Staten Island, NY – February 4, 1972
Roger McGuinn (guitar, vocals)
Clarence White (guitar, mandolin, vocals)
Skip Battin (bass, vocals)
Gene Parsons (drums, harmonica, vocals)
Soundboard Recording
1. Bugler (3:09)
2. America's Great National Pastime (4:11)
3. Chimes Of Freedom (3:43)
4. I Wanna Grow Up To Be A Politician (2:43)
5. My Back Pages (2:26)
6. B.J. Blues (1:05)
7. Baby What You Want Me To Do (2:34)
8. Soldier's Joy - Black Mountain Rag (0:43)
9. Rollin' In My Sweet Baby's Arms (3:04)
10. Chestnut Mare (4:12)
11. Eight Miles High (9:19)
12. Hold It (1:20)
13. I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better (2:36)
14. Jesus Is Just Alright (2:49)
15. Roll Over Beethoven (2:36)
Artwork Included
Many thanks to David for his help.
https://www25.zippyshare.com/v/NDklPVt1/file.html
@ rontokyo
Aristocrat X 2.
Grabbed here in TZ in 2016
https://we.tl/t-eoPjoOaTxf
(Valid 7 days)
Charley Musselwhite – Stand Back! Here Comes Charley Musselwhite’s South Side Band
Vanguard VSD-79232 (USA 1967)
Charley Musselwwhite (vocals, harmonica)
Harvey Mandel (guitar)
Barry Goldberg (piano, organ)
Bob Anderson (bass)
Fred Below Jr. (drums)
Vanguard may have spelled his name wrong (he prefers Charlie or Charles), but the word was out as soon as this solo debut was released: here was a harpist every bit as authentic, as emotional, in some ways as adventuresome, as Paul Butterfield. Similarly leading a Chicago band with a veteran black rhythm section (Fred Below on drums, Bob Anderson on bass) and rock-influenced soloists (keyboardist Barry Goldberg, guitarist Harvey Mandel), Musselwhite played with a depth that belied his age - only 22 when this was cut! His gruff vocals were considerably more affected than they would become later (clearer, more relaxed), but his renditions of "Help Me", "Early In The Morning" and his own "Strange Land" stand the test of time. He let his harmonica speak even more authoritatively on instrumentals like "39th And Indiana" (essentially "It Hurts Me Too" sans lyrics) and "Cha Cha The Blues", and his version of jazz arranger Duke Pearson's gospel-tinged "Cristo Redentor" has become his signature song - associated with Musselwhite probably more so than with trumpeter Donald Byrd, who originally recorded the song for Blue Note. Goldberg is in fine form (particularly on organ), but Mandel's snakey, stuttering style really stands out - notably on "Help Me", his quirky original "4 P.M." and "Chicken Shack", where he truly makes you think your record is skipping. All Music Guide
1. Baby Will You Please Help Me (3:20)
2. No More Lonely Nights (5:19)
3. Cha Cha The Blues (3:12)
4. Christo Redemptor (3:21)
5. Help Me (3:30)
6. Chicken Shack (4:17)
7. Strange Land (3:01)
8. 39th And Indiana (4:10)
9. My Baby (2:42)
10. Early In The Morning (4:35)
11. 4 P.M. (3:14)
12. Sad Day (5:00)
Artwork Included (LP and CD)
https://www66.zippyshare.com/v/1KOD0nCY/file.html
Hey Aaron, I just returned from a festival... now I have to check daily so I do not miss great mixtapges like the Lowell George session mix. Awesome, I love Little Feat and Lowell especially. Thanks. There is probably no chance to get into contact with you directly?
gorfit says:
Buddy Rich 21
http://buddyrich.com/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddy_Rich
https://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Buddy_Rich.html
Bud Powell - 1992 - The Genius Of Bud Powell @320
Count Basie - 1965 - Count At The Organ (flac)
Count Basie & His Orchestra - 1952 - The Swinging Count @320
https://www.mediafire.com/file/r4mn58gkmx3mxsk/budric21.rar/file
Thanks to the original uploader
More Scandinavian (or rather, Finnish) modern jazz:
Esa Pethman - The Modern Sound Of Finland (1964-66, 2002)
https://www78.zippyshare.com/v/rNx4FrzU/file.html
Top drawer soundtrack jazz from the golden age of Italian cinema:
Sandro Brugnolini - Gli Arcangeli (1964)
https://www79.zippyshare.com/v/L1YRS1BF/file.html
EasilyConfused,
a link to your own website is of course allowed! However, I would like to prevent the TwilightZone from being endangered due to excessive links that unwanted and unnecessary attention to the blog!
It's very simple: the 3 albums rule is tried to be circumvented by adding multiple links as a text file to other albums to one/three albums! Very clever, but not clever enough!
69 6
Janis Joplin - 1969-02-12 - Fillmore East [unknown source]
Pink Floyd - The Man And The Journey 1969
Tyrannosaurus Rex - Lyceum 1969
https://we.tl/t-MLCBmVwynt
Bucephalus
The Mellow Side of 60s Garage Rock
Here's some of my favorites of that one ballad or mellow song I usually skip over. I guess the bands figured chicks dig the wimpy stuff so you have to include one.
Anyway, started noticing at some point that once in a while the mellow tune was really good. So, I started to collect them. Here you go...
https://www.mediafire.com/file/rsjcpm3j9s5msbg/MGAB.rar/file
@Ansina
Thanks for the info about that Brazilian song. Great tune.
A bit of a request!!
Would anybody have MESSTHETICS punk compilation series 1-110 i think
I lost it when a hard drive failed, i passed them on to a mate (who is now sadly passed) after i had downloaded them from various sites, which all seem to have gone.
The whole series would be wonderful, but any volumes any of you might have and are willing to share would great, any format, any bit rate.
fingers cross
Pete
@ Pete
This is where you want to go:
https://disorderareyouexperienced.blogspot.com/search/label/V%2FA%20-%20MESSTHETICS
-Anonymous John
@R-Man
Sounds fun with the festival, hope you it's was a gas! Sure, write me a letter if you like. aaronvincentboombox@gmail.com
I'm glad you find the Lowell George mixtape enjoyable, he's work should never been forgotten, a true ace.
lemonflag said...
Gary
Thanks for the Jay Miller, I will enjoy going thru them.
By the way - What do you play? "Rhythm guitar and mouth organ, and sometimes I play the fool".
I took the inspiration from 'Help!'
CLANG:Hey,Bea-atle.
You shall have fun, eh?
LENNON:No thanks,I'm rhythm guitar
and mouth organ.
I am a (was) a drummer in real life.
@ Anonymous John said...
@ Pete
This is where you want to go:
https://disorderareyouexperienced.blogspot.com/search/label/V%2FA%20-%20MESSTHETICS
-Anonymous John
Thanks mate so thats vols 100-108 and a best of
so just vols 1-99 to find if anyone knows a site with them or has them and can share then that would be great
Pete
Pete
VA - Messthetics #6-7-8
https://rapidgator.net/file/cd01a4008cc06db5b98056f729c4227e/VA_-_Messthetics_#6-7-8.zip.html
@ Rock 'n' Roll Steve
Please check the link or re-up Night Flight #12 .
Mega.nz is giving me a file not found message.
I never got this from any of your previous shares.
BTW, Thanx for the Night Flights.
Cc5
@rontokyo
Here's The Artistocrat of the Blues 2 CD set @320. A great compilation - enjoy,
https://www27.zippyshare.com/v/UYDbbtcu/file.html
Is there a kind and gracious soul out there who can provide me (and other interested zoners) with a copy of the 2004 Todd Rundgren studio album "Liars"? That would be fantastic. Thanks again to RYP for keeping this wonderful blog alive for so long!
@ Pete -
Check here:
https://www.discogs.com/label/507785-Messthetics
There is no 01-99 unless someone self-compiled their own versions.
-Anonymous John
@320:
Música Urbana - Iberia (1978)
https://uptobox.com/70qug6da6wab
info: https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/261171-M%C3%BAsica-Urbana-Iberia
Another World Production - The End Of The Age (1980)
https://uptobox.com/t5rnb09gpuka
info: https://www.discogs.com/release/10402732-Another-World-Production-The-End-Of-The-Age
Thrower Spillane McFarland - Blue John (1973)
https://uptobox.com/b60iynf5sghg
info: https://www.discogs.com/master/1794034-Thrower-Spillane-McFarland-Blue-John
@Steve626 and @Uncle Gil,
Thanks for the up for " Aristocrat of the Blues " -- much appreciated!
@ Gary Field
I used to have that on a t-shirt with a pic of John above the text.
Thanks for all the cool stuff you have posted.
ATTN - Professor RnR said...
Thanks for continuing yur work on this series. Great stuff!
Cheers,
Mike M
@ Anonymous John said...
@ Pete -
Check here:
https://www.discogs.com/label/507785-Messthetics
There is no 01-99 unless someone self-compiled their own versions.
-Anonymous John
I had the whole series but lost it in hard failure. Below is vol 1 on discogs
thanks for your help.
https://www.discogs.com/master/839969-Various-Messthetics-1-UK-78-81-DIY-Bands-R-to-Si
So if anyone can help me with either links to sites that have them or can share them with me i would be so grateful!! Vol 1-99 are what i still require.
Pete
Many thanks for
Esa Pethman - The Modern Sound Of Finland (1964-66, 2002)
Thanks Aaron for the Twenty Soundalikes comp, tads44 for Sandro Brugnolini and Steve 626 for The Artistocrat of the Blues comp.
wondering if somone could share the King Hillbilly comps from cactus records? think there are 6 vols. thanks for any help.
Post a Comment