Saturday, 26 March 2022

Radio Birdman "Ring Of Truth" 1978

...2001 also saw a renewal of interest in Radio Birdman thanks to an excellent compilation, The Essential Radio Birdman: 1974-1978; it was released by Sub Pop in the States, where much of the band's catalog had been out of print...
...Murder City Nights: Live, a document of a 1976 concert in Sydney, arrived in 2003, and in 2006 Deniz Tek, Rob Younger, Chris Masuak, and Pip Hoyle joined new members Jim Dickson (bass) and Russell Hopkinson (drums) in the studio to record a new album, Zeno Beach. Along with extensive Australian touring, the American release of the album brought Radio Birdman to the United States for the first time. Two concerts from the 2007 leg of Birdman's U.S. tour were featured in part on the 2010 album Live In Texas. By the time Live In Texas appeared, Radio Birdman had split again, as Younger opted to focus his time and energy on the New Christs. However, in 2014 Radio Birdman returned for another Aussie tour, though Chris Masuak's absence from the lineup proved controversial among fans. The tour was staged in part as a warmup for the release of a career-spanning box set, featuring remastered editions of the group's albums, studio rarities, and an unreleased live disc. - allmusic

trax:
01 If I Wanted You 02 Death By the Gun 03 Dark Surprise 04 Didn't Tell The Man

4 comments:

RYP said...

Radio Birdman "Ring Of Truth"
gitit! no pw
https://mega.nz/file/4PhSkbiC#MVypvbDHjTos75RcpgSW4brLNGBT3zEEF8ERz6cYBts

Rock 'n' Roll Steve said...

Ahhhhh yeeeaahhh! The Birdman flies tonite!!!

Hello again, RYP. I used to frequent this ol' blog nearly every day and then fell out for some stupid reason, maybe too many blogs to keep up with? Whatever...

I was going through files on an old hard drive when I stumbled across a folder practically bulging with USA Garage Greats Volumes 1-I don't know how many, I have a shitload of 'em and they're all GREAT!! Anyways, I come back and what do mine eyes behold? That pony is still being ridden (rode?) (rided upon?) and little nuggets of awesome are being dropped along the way. I've been going backward in Twilight-Zone time for a couple of days and it made me realize how much I've missed this place and how much good shit I missed out on because I wasn't here to scoop it up in real time.

Thanks for Radio Birdman, I've been listening to the kinda bootleg from the 1996 reunion for the last couple of days, especially the track "Walk The Earth" - killer.

draftervoi said...

In 2007 I took my 16 year old son to his very first rock concert. Radio Birdman at the Great American Music Hall in San Francisco. It was a great show!

Hamster said...

Big fan of Oz rock and these guys are pretty OK. Thanks for the link.