Friday, 11 March 2022

The Librettos "Let's go with the Librettos" 1965

It was rough, raw and alive, and oh so electric. Chances are if you were a New Zealand teenager and it was a Tuesday night in late 1964, your television would be tuned to Let's Go...
...The classic Librettos line-up was now complete and with their sound plugged into the fast flowing current of pop, they edged past rivals The Premiers to become the top Wellington group. Confidence brimming, manager Ian Dawson (of Dawson-Cooper Associates), arranged an audition at HMV Records. The Librettos quickly signed to the label and Castle Publishing. This was a boon for the band as the previous line-up had been turned down.

The Librettos eventually landed a spot at a dive called The Sound Lounge in Kings Cross, followed by a spell at the notorious Suzie Wong’s where they replaced the equally notorious The Missing Links. - audioculture
trax:
01 Let's Go 02 Pride And Joy 03 I'm A Dog 04 Mary Mary 05 I'm Gonna Say Yeah 06 Crying For You 07 The Girl Can't Help It 08 My Babe 09 Twilight Time 10 Fine And Mellow 11 Everything's Alright 12 Got You On My Mind 13 Baby It's Love 14 Walking The Dog 15 It's Alright 16 Funny Things 17 I'll Send It Your Way 18 Young Blood 19 That's Alright With Me 20 Great Balls Of Fire 21 Ella Speed 22 I Want Your Love 23 I Cry 24 She's A Go Go 25 Whatcha Gonna Do About It 26 Kicks 27 Loving Time
…served by Gaius…

1 comment:

RYP said...

The Librettos "Let's go with the Librettos"
…served by Gaius…
gitit! no pw
https://krakenfiles.com/view/nGYcgdql77/file.html