01 The Fugitive 02 Til Your Lovin Makes Me Blue 03 Now That I've Lost You 04 I Tried 05 Change Your Low Down Ways 06 Call Me Woman 07 The Devil Drives 08 Low Gear Man 09 Tuesday's Blues 10 Mean Old Word
Saturday, 19 March 2022
The Aynsley Dunbar Retaliation "Doctor Dunbar's Prescription" 1969
The Aynsley Dunbar Retaliation's second album was much the same as their first, offering competent late-'60s British blues, given a slightly darker cast than was usual for the style via Victor Brox's somber vocals…
…Like their debut, it was dominated by original material, and as on its predecessor, the compositions were rather routine blues-rock numbers, though they benefited from arrangements by highly skilled players. The best of these tracks were the ones that utilized Brox's gloomy, almost gothic organ, if only because it made them stand out more among the company of the many similar bands recording in the prime of the British blues boom. Otherwise the main fare was straightforward blues-rock that was well played, but rather average and forgettable, the most distinguished ingredient being Dunbar's hard-hitting, swinging drums. If only because it has some original songs that were better than anything on the first album ("Fugitive," "Till Your Lovin' Makes Me Blue," and "Tuesday's Blues," the last of which has some songwriting and guitar work quite similar to Peter Green's late-'60s style in those departments), it's a slightly better listen, though not up to the standards of somewhat similar groups like Fleetwood Mac and John Mayall & the Bluesbreakers. - AllMusic Review by Richie Unterberger
trax:
01 The Fugitive 02 Til Your Lovin Makes Me Blue 03 Now That I've Lost You 04 I Tried 05 Change Your Low Down Ways 06 Call Me Woman 07 The Devil Drives 08 Low Gear Man 09 Tuesday's Blues 10 Mean Old Word
01 The Fugitive 02 Til Your Lovin Makes Me Blue 03 Now That I've Lost You 04 I Tried 05 Change Your Low Down Ways 06 Call Me Woman 07 The Devil Drives 08 Low Gear Man 09 Tuesday's Blues 10 Mean Old Word
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
The Aynsley Dunbar Retaliation "Doctor Dunbar's Prescription"
gitit! no pw
https://mega.nz/file/Qa4gzKJC#E80O1hixiq0cWrDXGOraoUrg-oeChgWUx4TQkc0NK-g
Wow..I can replace my old tape of this...thank you....
I used to look at this album in the cut-out bins when I was a teenager and fantasize about what the music could be like.
I also loved that name: Aynsley Dunbar sounded so weird and outlandish, I figured it had to be made up.
I never had the scratch or enough curiosity to actually put down the cash to buy it, even though I knew who Aynsley was.
So, thanks! Now I actually get to discover what it sounds like!
Post a Comment