trax:
1. Souls Of Sanctity - Mike Tingley 2. On The Road To Mexico - Drake Levin 3. Heavy - Eye 4. The White Knight - The Lords Of Tonk 5. Kathy - Sean McLeod 6. Drive Me Crazy - Sean McLeod 7. September 29th - The Equipe 84 8. Bad Storm Coming - Jennifer & Angela 9. She Came Like The Rain - The Phaetons 10. Blackbird - The Clingers 11. The Birds And The Bees - Graduate 12. Groovin' With Mr. Bloe - Humbug 13. Dead End Kid - The Loose Ends 14. You Won't Be Seeing Me Anymore - Tim Andrews 15. Hello Girl - The Fallen Angels 16. Three Weeks, Four Days And Fifteen Hours - The Phaetons 17. Vanilla Days And Chocolate Nights - The Cowboys 'n' Indians 18. Delta Day (No Time To Cry) - Bucky Wilkin 19. The Sun Is Just A Hole In The Sky - The Mystic Crash 20. You're The Potter - The Domestic Help 21. 21st Century Girl - The Sound Laboratory 22. A Blanket Of Sound - The Banned 23. In The Mirrors Of Your Mind - The Definitive Rock Chorale 24. Automated Man - Artie Wayne 25. Once In A Lifetime Love Tucson - Rena Cook 26. He's Won - The Emperors 27. 5.30 Plane - Picardy 28. Lovin' Day - Warner-Porter-Warner 29. I Want To Go To Heaven - The Orbit Five 30. You Go On - Bachs Lunch
…Many thanks to Frans for the share, served by Gyro1966...

18 comments:
"The Light Show" Vol. 4 (U-Spaces)
…Many thanks to Frans for the share, served by Gyro1966...
gitit! no pw
http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/ohhBfNMC/file.html
BONUS 4 OF 6
Nowhere Men - Rare British Beat 1964-1966
This isn't a definitive British invasion collection, as the title might lead you to believe, but a collection of 20 rare R&B/punk-influenced sides that are coveted by aficionados of the style. In other words, it's only for us geeks who make trips to New York and London and put record-hunting in specialist stores high on the agenda. So this LP might be as noteworthy for its discographical value as its musical merits, including pricy items by the Wheels, the Sorrows, Better Days, Listen (Robert Plant's pre-Led Zep outfit), and the rare fourth single by the Birds (Ron Wood's first band). It's not the greatest collection of overlooked British R&B around, but it's alright, and occasionally torrid (the Wheels and the Sorrows especially). It's also interesting for the inclusion of Shel Naylor's "One Fine Day," written by Dave Davies, but never recorded by the Kinks. (Richie Unterberger, Allmusic)
http://www45.zippyshare.com/v/C8lgcjuu/file.html
1. Beat Merchants - Pretty Face (1:54) 2. Beat Merchants - Messin' With The Man (2:16) 3. Shel Naylor - One Fine Day (2:28) 4. Shel Naylor - It's Gonna Happen Soon (2:01) 5. Stylos - Bye Bye Baby (2:55) 6. Stylos - Head Over Heels (2:23) 7. Miki Dallon & Sorrows - Do You Call That Love (2:30) 8. Miki Dallon & Sorrows - Apple Pie (2:57) 9. Boys Blue - Take A Heart (2:44) 10. Boys Blue - You Got What I Want (2:09) 11. Listen - Everbody's Gonna Say (2:15) 12. Listen - You Better Run (2:30) 13. Birds - Say Those Magic Words (3:13) 14. Birds - Daddy Daddy (4:08) 15. Cheynes - Respectable (1:56) 16. Cheynes - It's Gonna Happen To You (2:02) 17. Cheynes - Goin' To The River (2:05) 18. Cheynes - Cheyne-Re-La (2:22) 19. Cheynes - Down And Out (2:03) 20. Cheynes - Stop Running Around (2:13)
INFO
http://www.discogs.com/Various-Nowhere-Men-Rare-British-Beat-64-66/release/3640120
BONUS 5 OF 6
THE FOUR SEASONS - Sing Big Hits by David-Bacharach And Dylan & New Gold Hits 1965-1967 @320
The seventh in a series of two-fer reissues of the 1960s albums by the Four Seasons and their lead singer Frankie Valli on the British label Ace, this disc combines the group's ninth studio album, The 4 Seasons Sing Big Hits by Burt Bacharach...Hal David...Bob Dylan (originally released in November 1965) and its eleventh, New Gold Hits (May 1967). (For good measure, Ace has tossed in two Four Seasons singles from 1966, "Opus 17 (Don't You Worry 'Bout Me)" and "I've Got You Under My Skin.") These may be the quartet's two most misunderstood albums; for one thing, despite the presence of the word "Hits" in both titles, neither was actually a compilation. Bob Hyde's liner notes suggest that the Bacharach/David/Dylan album may still be misunderstood, even by a nominal Seasons expert. (Allmusic)
1. What the World Needs Now Is Love
2. Anyone Who Had a Heart
3. (There's) Always Something There to Remind Me
4. Make It Easy on Yourself
5. Walk on By
6. What's New Pussycat?
7. Queen Jane Approximately
8. Mr. Tambourine Man
9. Like a Rolling Stone
10. Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
11. All I Really Want to Do
12. Blowin' in the Wind
13. C'mon Marianne
14. Let's Ride Again
15. Beggin'
16. Around and Around
17. Goodbye Girl
18. I'm Gonna Change
19. Tell It to the Rain
20. Dody (I Dig You)
21. The Puppet Song
22. Lonesome Road
23. Opus 17 (Don't You Worry 'Bout Me)
24. I've Got You Under My Skin
http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/bDtnl4Gd/file.html
INFO
http://www.amazon.com/Sing-Big-Hits-New-Gold/dp/B000006YSB
BONUS 6 OF 6
OTIS WILLIAMS & THE CHARMS MEET RUDY WEST & THE FIVE KEYS @320
1. I'd Like To Thank You Mr. D.J.
2. Miss The Love
3. Rolling Home
4. I'll Remember You
5. The Secret
6. I Knew It All The Time
7. It's A Treat
8. Silver Star
9. The First Sign Of Love
10. So Be It
11. And Take My Love
12. So Can I
13. Friends Call Me A Fool
14. Unchain My Heart The 5 Keys
15. Peace And Love
16. I'm Alone
17. Cause You're My Lover
18. You Broke The Rules Of Love
19. Just For A Thrill
20. All I Need Is You
21. Four Walls
22. The Face Of An Angel
23. With All My Love
24. Do Anything
25. Goddess Of Love
26. Stop - What You're Doing To Me
27. No Matter
28. Hey Girl
http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/XHKwSPl9/file.html
INFO
http://www.izzymusic.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=IZ0002360
Thanks for all the U - Spaces Compilations, although i have been collecting 60´s comps for many years, I did not know they exist. Good stuff !
Thanks, Gyro. I finally saw Jersey Boys a couple of days ago and despite my expectations came away entertained and impressed. The kid who played Frankie Valli on Broadway went to high school across the lake from where I now live.
I had an epiphany the very first time I heard the Four Seasons on a little Japanese transistor radio my Grandfather got right off the boat from Japan. I had never heard anything like it and immediately got on my bike and cycled to the record store. I felt that way again only after I heard the Beatles for the first time and again after hearing the Jefferson Airplane in 1966.
Nothing has moved me in that way since.
Maybe I didn't remember it that this way in the 70s, but the Four Seasons were a great band. Not just singers, but a band. And I'm fortunate that I never threw out any of their records over the years.
Thanks for the post.
U- Spaces Great collection thank you
Gyro- Great stuff today, as usual. Roscoe Robinson, Soul Breakout '60 and The Four Seasons- all great. Thank you!
Here a couple of links to keep alive, in case you missed them the first time around.
Various Artists - For Our Children (1991) CD
http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/85313842/file.html
1.Ziggy Marley And The Melody Makers Give A Little Love
2.Bob Dylan This Old Man
3.Sting Cushie Butterfield
4.Paul Mc Cartney* Mary Had A Little Lamb
5.Stephen Bishop The Ballad Of Davy Crockett
6.Little Richard Itey Bitsy Spider
7.Bruce Springsteen Chicken Lips And Lizard Hips
8.
.Brian Wilson County Feelin's
9.Bette Midler Blueberry Pie
10.Elton John The Pacifier (Instrumental)
11.James Taylor (2) Getting To Know You
12.Ann And Nancy Wilson Autumn To May
13.Carole King Child Of Mine
14.Pat Benatar Tell Me Why
15.Debbie Gibson A Medley Of Rhymes
16.Harry Nilsson Blanket For A Sail
17.Paula Abdul Good Night My Love (Pleasant Dreams)
18.Meryl Streep Gartan Mother's Lullaby
19.Jackson Browne And Jennifer Warnes Golden Slumbers
20.Barbra Streisand A Child Is Born
http://www.allmusic.com/album/for-our-children-mw0000263550
Gene Pitney - She's A Heartbreaker (1966) Vinyl
http://www56.zippyshare.com/v/32934636/file.html
A1 She's A Heartbreaker
Written-By – J. Williams
Written-By, Producer – C. Foxx
A2 Hate
Written By – B. Coley, L. Harrison
Written-By – J. Williams
Written-By, Producer – C. Foxx
A3 (1-2-3-4-5-6-7) Count The Days
Written-By – B. O'Dell, Y. Williams
Written-By, Producer – C. Foxx
A4 Run, Run, Roadrunner
Producer – Charlie Foxx
Written-By, Producer – J. Williams
A5 Small Town, Bring Down
Producer – Gene Pitney, Stanley Kahan
Written-By – P. Andreoli, V. Poncia, Jr.
B1 Yours Until Tomorrow
Producer – Gene Pitney, Stanley Kahan
Written-By – J. Goffin/C. King
B2 Somewhere In The Country
Written-By, Producer – G. Tobin*, J. Cymbal
B3 Love Grows
Producer – Gene Pitney, Gerry Bron
Written-By – R. Cook/R. Greenaway
B4 Heaven Held
Producer – Gene Pitney, Gerry Bron
Written-By – N. Sheppard, T. Powers
B5 If I Only Had Time
Producer – Gene Pitney, Gerry Bron
Written By – F. Delano, P. Delano
http://www.discogs.com/Gene-Pitney-Shes-A-Heartbreaker/release/2494474
Some reggae for this holiday weekend.
Peter Tosh - Legalize It (1976) Vinyl
http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/tzH9GW2h/file.html
After years of being overshadowed by Bob Marley, Peter Tosh left the Wailers to pursue a solo career. Released in 1976, Legalize It is a bold statement that Peter Tosh had arrived and was a creative force in his own right. Although he explores some issues of spirituality, this is Tosh's most lightweight album in the sense that it is his least political. This is not meant as a criticism -- in fact, Tosh's playfulness and joy ("Ketchy Shuby") only add to the album's charm. He does make political statements (the title track celebrates and promotes the use of marijuana), but they are done with a sense of humor and a melodic infectiousness that belie his sincere concern for the issues. Tosh incorporates many instruments and mixes slower ballads with upbeat grooving tunes. The album's highlight is "Why Must I Cry," a multi-layered song (co-written with Bob Marley) that conveys a sense of personal failure when fighting an uphill battle, whether it be against injustices of the world or within the confines of a relationship. Legalize It cemented Tosh's position as a giant in reggae, and the album is one of the best albums of the genre.-Vik Iyengar
http://www.discogs.com/Peter-Tosh-Legalize-It/release/521861
Heptones - Street Of Gold (1981) Vinyl
http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/ro68ww03/file.html
A1 Street Of Gold
A2 Get Up And Chant
A3 Gee Wee
A4 Cry Cry Baby
A5 Butterflies
B1 Medley-Hurt To Be Alone / Simmer Down / Nanny Goat / Guava Jelly / The Tide Is High / Sincerely / Your Mind / Pretty Looks / Since I Fell For You / You Send Me / Stir It Up / Dancing Mood
B2 I Cover The Waterfront
http://www.discogs.com/Heptones-Street-Of-Gold/release/3099065
Joe Higgs - Triumph! (1985) Vinyl
http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/a6ZL8ufa/file.html
The title says it all. This is an incredible record that contains some of Higgs' finest songs and a rock-steady roots band that features "Family Man" Barret, Augustus Pablo, Junior Marvin, and "Chinna" Smith. Smith's vocals are graceful and sinuous, and the arrangements (done by Higgs and "Chinna" Smith) are mesmerizing. This was the record that everyone familiar with Joe Higgs' legend knew he had in him, and there isn't a duff moment on the record.- Joe Dougan
http://www.discogs.com/Joe-Higgs-Triumph/release/676430
And a big fave of mine.
Toots Hibbert - Toots In Memphis (1988) Vinyl
http://www22.zippyshare.com/v/LXyXV2BG/file.html
From Sam or Dave or Wilson Pickett these oldies would be the latest nostalgia move, but Otis's greatest student has always been shy of the soul songbook: for him, a new batch of reggae is the past he can't escape and Stax-Hi the chance of a lifetime. Like all aging soul men, he can no longer flush out the gravel at will, but the vocalese is incorrigibly exuberant, the material ranges within the concept, and Sly & Robbie synthesize the unimaginable groove you'd expect.- Christgau
http://www.discogs.com/Toots-Hibbert-Toots-In-Memphis/release/1661217
Again, many thanks to everyone here who makes this the place to be. Hope y'all enjoy the music!
@ Johnny Diego - I hope you saw the musical and not the movie. There's a big difference, though both were good.
Thanks Franz for your contribution every day.
Thanks Gyro for all your albums of today.
Thanks J. Diego for all your comments. It's allways a great pleasure to read you. To be honest, the only time I didn't had time to read you it was by returning of an emergency guarding and I had less than 4 hours to sleep before restarting to work. While downling your shares , I've written quickly "thanks for these 2 albums of yodel". It wasn't at all yodels, but I've enjoyed your albums...
LittleJack
I like those U-Spaces comps. It seems there's a never ending series of non comped singles/tracks available. Not all is great but all is worth listening. Thx
David Munyon
Big Shoes
http://www34.zippyshare.com/v/McVE1iqr/file.html
Chuck Prophet
Balinese Dancer
http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/ilooKlE7/file.html
Spiritualized
Medication EP
http://www13.zippyshare.com/v/XhlfXBMk/file.html
David Olney
Dutchman's Curve
http://www35.zippyshare.com/v/oUdBTFot/file.html
Wow, thanks Gyro for the Charms / Five Keys compilation. Most of those tracks are rarities that don't appear on other collections (as least as far as I've ever come across).
And Clash...the reggae is very much appreciated! I can't believe I don't already have that Heptones album you posted; they're one of my favorites.
Cheers to all involved on TZ
Post a Comment