trax:
1. thunderbird beach - Floyd Brown 2. puddin' - Roy Clark 3. pretty little girl - Johnny Hughes 4. don't send me away - Gary Shelton 5. lonesome soul - The Tune Tones 6. so young - Dave Lowe 7. ain't that love grand - Ron & Joe and Crew 8. a tramp - Dave Lowe 9. ugly duckling - Don Crawford & The Escorts 10. walk away - Robin Lee & The Lavenders 11. i got a ring - Roger Hamilton & The Tune Toppers 12. patsy darling - Maynie & Howie 13. angel - Arlie Nevil 14. chubie dubie - Larry McKinzie 15. teenage party - Ted & Johnny 16. she's right for me - The Tune Tones 17. ain't cha gonna miss me - Peter Colombo 18. you let go - Stan Downey 19. picture of you - The Rondels 20. please don't - Wally & Don 21. red ridin' hood - Vyril Sassoon 22. love to go - Bobby Towers 23. pauline - Bobby Doyle 24. hey doll! - The Canadian Bel-Tones 25. everybody's got a baby - Jerry Hammond 26. tomorrow - The Rock-A-Tunes feat. Butch McGillis 27. together, you and me - Dino 28. baby, don't believe him - Clyde Pitts
...served by Gyro1966...

15 comments:
"TEEN SCENE!" Vol. 5
...served by Gyro1966...
gitit! no pw
http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/UdxAIO9Q/file.html
ECHO and the BUNNYMEN - LIVE IN LIVERPOOL
Cooking Vinyl Records 2002
Recorded at Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts (LIPA), Friday 17th and Saturday 18th August, 2001
http://www82.zippyshare.com/v/mkrboAQ1/file.html
I've been spinning Live in Liverpool on a pretty regular basis since it arrived in the mail,
and as live albums go, it's a pretty impressive showing. Now a duo consisting of Ian
McCulloch and Will Sergeant, the Bunnymen have assembled an able, muscular backing band and
chosen a set list that gathers songs from throughout their career for what amounts
essentially to a fantastic live career retrospective.
Most of the versions presented by the band here faithfully recall the songs' original
incarnations, and longtime fans should be more than pleased with what they hear. Echo and
the Bunnymen are one of only a handful of older bands out there who haven't really lost any
of their vitality, and these performances bristle with the enthusiasm and energy of a much
younger band. When the guys dip into their post-reunion catalog, it often sounds a great
deal more charged than those songs' studio counterparts. -- Joe Tangari; March 26, 2002 (Pitchfork)
I listened to this a few nights ago for the first time in a couple of years, I guess. I
have to admit, I get excited each time I hear it. A full twenty plus years after they
started with an Echo drum machine this band still cooks. They have honed their craft well
over the years. This is definitive Bunnymen. There's nothing startling musically, just the
straight ahead rhythmic drive of Bunnymen music. And they certainly know what their fans
expect and they play accordingly. As far as live recordings go this is great pop music.
A DVD was released at the same time as the CD and I have that as well. I also purchased a
poster of the album cover signed by Ian and Will. I framed it and it now hangs right
between the Van Gogh and the Modigliani. (Don't be foolish. Those are posters too.)
It's nice to see an original punk band evolve the way Echo and the Bunnymen have. -- JohnnyDiego
1 Rescue
2 Lips Like Sugar
3 King Of Kings
4 Never Stop
5 Seven Seas
6 Buried Alive
7 SuperMellow Man
8 My Kingdom
9 All My Colours (Zimbo)
10 All That Jazz
11 An Eternity Turns
12 The Back Of Love
13 The Killing Moon
14 The Cutter
15 Over The Wall
16 Nothing Lasts Forever
17 Ocean Rain
Vocals – Ian McCulloch
Lead Guitar – Will Sergeant
Bass – Steve Flett
Drums – Vinnie Jameson
Keyboards – Ceri James
Rhythm Guitar – Ged Malley
YouTube Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSaTFkG6i_M
Extra Bonus because weekends are awesome:
The Fuzztones “In Heat” (1989) 320
http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/RAYwVpYE/file.html
Untamed Youth “Untamed Melodies” (1996) 320 (Deke Dickerson garage)
http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/9KxyLh0j/file.html
Jimmy McGriff “Cherry” (1966) 320 (soul groove jazz)
http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/0uE1eflX/file.html
Jerry’s Kids “Is This My World?” (1983) 320 (original hardcore punk)
http://www55.zippyshare.com/v/MViJ4Inx/file.html
Deadly Snakes “Love Undone” (1999) 320 (1st album, Greg Cartwright on guitar)
http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/jVOEhEce/file.html
Mick Collins projects:
Blacktop “I Got A Bad Feeling About This: Complete Recordings” (1994) 320
http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/qLs1sfyR/file.html
King Sound Quartet “Get Down Imperative” EP + “Annihilate This Week” 7” (1996/97) 320
http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/0pByCybQ/file.html
The Screws “Shake Your Monkey” (2001) 320
http://www4.zippyshare.com/v/2WwlUiOa/file.html
BONUS 1 OF 5
Jukebox Mambo, Vol. 2; Afro-Latin Accents in Rhythm & Blues 1947-61 (2014) @320
Some spicy finger food from the Jazzman label.
Jukebox Mambo vol. 2 is the second part in this funky journey.
Based around mid 20th century mambo jams, this spans all sorts of African-american styles with some Latin-american tinges through out.
A strong follow up to 2011’s first volume, Vol. 2 further showcases Liam Large’s curatorial skills and broad knowledge of early stateside R&B.
Two years in the making, this sequel ploughs deeper still into the revolutionary ’40s and ’50s Afro-American musical canon, pulling together another combustible collection of lascivious Latin-edged blues exotica.
01. Lincoln Chase – I Love Your Many Ways (2:22)
02. Christine Chatman and Peppy Prince Orchestra – Run Gal Run (2:59)
03. Chris Powell and His Five Blue Flames – I Come from Jamaica (2:38)
04. Zilla Mays – Calypso Blues (2:51)
05. Johnny Oliver – All I Have Is You (2:41)
06. Chuck Edwards – Morning Train (2:22)
07. Oscar Saldana – Mambo Hop (2:13)
08. Jimmy Nolen – Jimmy’s Jive (3:08)
09. Four Blazes – All Night Long (2:45)
10. Chanters – She Wants to Mambo (2:49)
11. Jeanne DeMetz – Calypso Daddy (feat. Johnny Alston Orchestra) (3:16)
12. Camille Howard – Within This Heart of Mine (2:12)
13. Ashton Savoy – Denga Denga (2:15)
14. Freddie Mitchell and His Orchestra – Later Gator (3:13)
15. Note and Toe and The Grenadiers – I Got a Cold (Calypso) (2:48)
16. John McKinney and The Premiers – Gee I Love You (2:11)
17. T-Bone Walker – Plain Old Down Home Blues (3:06)
18. Ron Rico and Sax Kari Orchestra – Chano (3:07)
19. Don Tosti Y Su Conjunto – Mambo Del Pachuco (2:54)
20. Billy Emerson – Satisfied (2:20)
21. Frank Motley – Wanda Landa Landa (2:40)
22. Red Saunders – Summertime (2:33)
http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/wLoQrgbH/file.html
INFO
http://www.juno.co.uk/products/jukebox-mambo-vol-2-afro-latin/551337-01/
BONUS 2 OF 5
THE WHO - Odds & Sods (1974)(Extended) @320
By the mid-'70s, even The Who's leftovers had more interest than most rock best-of albums--"Glow Girl" is a concise blueprint of 1969's "Tommy"; "Naked Eye" and "Pure and Easy" were victims of the doomed Lifehouse project; "I'm the Face" was the band's mod-obsessed first single; and even "Little Billy," an antismoking advertisement, still rocks hard. John Entwistle's faux country "Now I'm a Farmer" was contemptible, but the closing anthem "Long Live Rock" redeemed such missteps. The 1998 CD reissue added studio versions of "Young Man Blues" and "Summertime Blues," among many others, and resequenced the tracks. --Steve Knopper
http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/PdA6XscO/file.html
INFO
http://www.amazon.com/Odds-And-Sods-Remastered-The/dp/B0000062XK
@Johnny Diego - a fine Bunnymen gig for sure.
Teen Scene 5 doesn't seem to be working properly...The Zippy sets up, but it won't d/l after that....Thank You, Skip Miller
Teen Scene 5 is downloading just fine as I write...
John Entwistle didn't write "Now I'm A Farmer", Pete Townshend did, and it's a great track. And it's no more "faux country" than "Love Ain't For Keeping". So much for the wisdom of Steve Knopper.
The deluxe version has great stuff for Who fans....but as an album, it's nowhere near as good as the original. My advice is to resequence the disc according to the original album, and then listen to all the extra tracks separately.
The original sequence:
side one:
Postcard
Now I'm A Farmer
Put The Money Down
Little Billy
Too Much Of Anything
Glow Girl
side two:
Pure And Easy
Faith In Something Bigger
I'm The Face
Naked Eye
Long Live Rock
Thanks
thanks downloaded fine for me.
Thank you, JohnnyDiego
-Xtm
Teen Scene 5 downloaded without any problems.
Ralph11
Thanks LoFi. You're a goldmine.
Thanks Folks
Post a Comment