Wednesday, 27 May 2015

"Psychedelic Archaeology" Vol. 2 (U-Spaces)

Excellent collection of non-comped 45’s from the mid-60’s to the very early 70’s. Garage to Psychedelic Rock is covered, and many of the styles that fall in between are also here.Psychedelic Archaeology is a series developed to unearth garage & psychedelic rock audio gems from the 60's that have never been reissued since their original release. This series is a group effort specifically designed for distribution to U-SPACES members through trade.

trax:
1. Just A Friend - The Lynx 2. Dandelion Wine - The Whatt Four 3. They Said No - The Hardtimes 4. It's Gonna Work Out Fine - The Lyte 5. Calmilly - The Mission 6. Searching For Love - The Tidal Waves 7. Never Gonna Go Back - Pendragon 8. Shapes Of Things To Come - Aorta 9. Climb That Tree - The She Trinity 10. Don't Say No - The Oracle 11. Give To Me Your Love - The New Phoenix 12. The Big Bright Green Pleasure Machine - Joyride 13. What Makes You? - The Free 14. Magdalena - The American Zoo 15. The Times To Come - The London Phogg 16. The Young Electric Psychedelic Hippie Band - Barry Mann 17. Along Comes Mary - The Lexington Ave. Local 18. I Don't Believe You - The Lyte 19. Sights - The Shades Inc. 20. The Words - The Cyrkle 21. Gailing Made It - The Mission 22. Nine To Five (Ain't My Bag) - The Underground Sunshine 23. I Cry - Fenwyck 24. I Think I'll Just Go & Find Me A Flower - The Moorpark Intersection 25. Dream Selection - Sunshine 26. There's Tomorrow - The Stonybrook People
…Many thanks to Frans for the share, served by Gyro1966...

15 comments:

RYP said...

"Psychedelic Archaeology" Vol. 2
…Many thanks to Frans for the share, served by Gyro1966...
gitit! no pw
http://www71.zippyshare.com/v/9SGFFa9E/file.html

Gyro1966 said...

BONUS 4 OF 5

LOU PRIDE - Words Of Caution '02 @320

This is the real thing. A soulful singer with a voice who recalls O.V. Wright, Percy Mayfield and Spencer Taylor, a fine rhythm section and a horn section led by the great Willie Henderson. The two ballads "You were never mine" (a gem !) and "You are my rainbow" stand out but other songs like "Words of caution", "Love for my baby", "I found my baby gone", "Livin' a lie" are also superb. (The Soul Detective)

Noted as "one of blues music's best kept secrets," singer Lou Pride presents his debut recording on Severn Records and his most accomplished effort to date, originally released in May 2002. Here's what the critics say about the album: "Pride is commandingly on the mark - suave and reserved here, passionate there, simply a dynamite soul-blues vocalist. Words Of Caution is a sure contender for major awards and a contemporary soul must-hear". - Blues Revue. "On Words Of Caution, Pride issues a warning...for all the soul-singing pretenders to move out of the way - here comes the real deal!" - Frost Illustrated. "Lou Pride's voice could bring a tear to the eye of a lumberjack." - Edmonton News.

http://www45.zippyshare.com/v/KgN5ZTWc/file.html

INFO
http://www.amazon.com/Words-Caution-Lou-Pride/dp/B000066AW9

Gyro1966 said...

BONUS 5 OF 5

WHITEY MORGAN and the 78's - Sonic Ranch '15 @320

Fans of Flint, Michigan’s rambunctious throwback wild-eyed honky tonker Whitey Morgan and his backing band The 78’s have been waiting for a new studio album, and their country music prayers are about to be answered, or at least they will be on May 19th when Whitey Morgan releases his latest record Sonic Ranch.

Whitey's got a great voice and sense of country soul. A Waylon song included in this album just confirms that he is following in the outlaw tradition, plodding backbeat and all. Skip all that manufactured nonsense that is coming out of Nashville now. This guy is the real deal.

http://www67.zippyshare.com/v/97uJLyyW/file.html

INFO
http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/whitey-morgans-new-studio-album-sonic-ranch-coming

http://www.amazon.com/Sonic-Ranch-Explicit-Whitey-Morgan/dp/B00VQJQIA0

Anonymous said...

Thanks for these comps Gyro - I had them but only with a lousy bitrate.

I've been catching up on some TZ stuff and reading the comments you made on not converting low bitrates into high ones. When I look at an mp3, I right-click on it and look at the details properties tab. I've been assuming this is the correct bitrate. I looked at one the other day and it 32kbps ! I immediately thought "this isn't worth keeping" but I looked at the filesize and it was over 5mb for a 3 minute song. Then when I played it it sounded OK - I played it in Foobar which said that it was 240kbps. So what's the best way to find out what the bitrate of a particular track actually is?

Thanks again for the Psychedelic Archaeology !

Anonymous Bosch

Anonymous said...

500 Best Metal Ballads 2011
MP3@320kbps
Tracks: 500
Volumes: 8
Total Size All 8 Volumes: 5.41 GB.
A Few Of The Artists: HELLOWEEN, STRATOVARIUS, METALLICA, NIGHTWISH, Rage, YNGWIE
J. MALMSTEEN, MANOWAR, SONATA ARCTICA, MOTLEY CRUE, OZZY OSBOURNE, RHAPSODY OF FIRE,
Àðèÿ, PRIMAL FEAR, NOCTURNAL RITES, MY DYING BRIDE, PYRAMAZE, JUDAS PRIEST, and many
many more.
Here You Go:
500 B.M.B. V..1.zip
https://www.sendspace.com/file/5p7adk
500 B.M.B. V..2.zip
https://www.sendspace.com/file/aanwh9
500 B.M.B. V..3.zip
https://www.sendspace.com/file/h75g8a
500 B.M.B. V..4.zip
https://www.sendspace.com/file/hi31jl
500 B.M.B. V..5.zip
https://www.sendspace.com/file/pdguvq
500 B.M.B. V..6.zip
https://www.sendspace.com/file/0d6agr
500 B.M.B. V..7.zip
https://www.sendspace.com/file/e0qxdx
500 B.M.B. V..8.zip
https://www.sendspace.com/file/4uwc1x

Banana Peels

Anonymous said...

LITTLE RICHARD–GOSPEL ALBUMS
ReMastered-WMA-PRO-2015
440kbps-24 Bit-2 Channel (STEREO)-44kHz
1. 440 L.R.1959 (1960) - Pray Along With Little Richard Vol. 1 [ReMastered-2015].zip
https://www.sendspace.com/file/y4xhtl
2. 440 L.R.1959 (1960) - Pray Along With Little Richard Vol. 2 [ReMastered-2015].zip
https://www.sendspace.com/file/qh592c
3. 440 L.R.1959 (1999) - God Is Real [ReMastered-2015].zip
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ojk9r0
4. 440 L.R.1963 (1963) - Cryin' In The Chapel (Atlantic Extented Play) [ReMastered-2015].zip
https://www.sendspace.com/file/40lbo5
5. 440 L.R.1963 (1964) - Sings the Gospel [ReMastered-2015].zip
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ou2zhs
Banana Peels

Gyro1966 said...

Banana Peels - These are wma files. I haven't dealt with those in years. MP3 or similar files would be appreciated here. WMA is uncommon to say the least.

Lester said...

Many thanks for the Whitey Morgan, Gyro.

Gyro1966 said...

Banana Peels - it's nice that you want to share, but let's try to keep it along the lines of what we do here. Just see what other people use and try to follow along. For instance, MP3 or similar files (flac is fine). Also, we really don't do heavy metal here. There are tons of sites that cater to heavy metal and metal ballads if you so desire. Thanks again, though, and please no wma files. .

RYP said...

yesss, I agree totally with Gyro1966: we really don't do heavy metal here!

Anonymous said...

500 heavy metal ballads? It's a joke? Just too much for my ears!!!

oldrocker99 said...

A lot of "power ballads" can be heard on today's horrible, horrible "country" radio stations.

Iron Toad said...

500 metal banana peels?! Please, don't!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Banana Peels for all the albums of Little Richard of yesterday and today. I've never thought that I could find them. Thanks again.

LittleJack

Anonymous said...

Great series! Thank you!