In the 50s, J.J. Johnson & Kai Winding were an institution in bebop. In this outing, they add two more Trombones with the great John Lewis on piano; Charles Mingus on bass of course, & Arthur Taylor on Drums.J.J. & Kai played together as a duo, & were one of the reasons I got into jazz They were known simply as Jay & Kay.I have a lot of their albums but was surprised to hear only one on it I've heard before: "Now's The Time", a simple 12 bar blues written by the great Charlie Parker (Bird). - Jerlaw
Members:
Bass – Charles Mingus / Drums – Art Taylor / Piano – John Lewis / Trombone – Bennie Green, J.J. Johnson, Kai Winding, Willie Dennis
trax:
1 Blues For Some Bones 2 Stardust 3 Move 4 I'll Remember April
Ripped from Vinyl by RYP with Audacity 3.2.1 - Thorens TD 318/Audio-Technica 95E / Yamaha A-S301

4 comments:
J.J. Johnson, Kai Winding, Bennie Green, Willie Dennis, Charlie Mingus, John Lewis "Four Trombones"
gitit! no pw
https://mega.nz/file/YWZ0BJIR#lulPyhwqUewWh_pswtAOlNXcQ_kFQ1HMPLweMw0wrRU
Thanks for more Mingus, RYP!
thank u mingus plus bones
roberth
Many thanks
Post a Comment