Saturday, 15 October 2022

…and now for something completely different! 1826 - 2022

These fucking politicians, warlords and religious... They don't know that they are as superfluous as telephone disinfectors and hairdressers! - RYP

We have a first entry each day that is a picture or a video, and only in that entry you can place your music links and requests (NO ALBUMS RELEASED IN 2020 AND AFTER, AND A DAILY LIMIT OF 3 ALBUMS)! Here you can say what you like, unless it's offensive, racist or discriminatory! Please keep your language polite and respectful. All the rest official posts will only allow comments related to the official posts and such. That way it will keep things much more organized and tidy. Enjoy! RYP and Gyro1966

47 comments:

Searnav said...


Repost

Various Artists – Could’ve Been The Byrds – 30 Sound-A-Likes

The title says it all.

It’s been done several times before (I have at least ten such compilations!), but here’s my take on it.

1. The Gosdin Brothers - Tell Me (3:04)
2. The Flying Burrito Bros. - Cody, Cody (2:44)
3. The Long Ryders - Ivory Tower (2:59)
4. Starry Eyed And Laughing - Another You (2:33)
5. The Fraternal Order Of The All - Space And Time (3:25)
6. Flamin' Groovies - Take Me Back (2:48)
7. Hard Times - Come To Your Window (2:28)
8. The Woodys - Message From Michael (3:33)
9. Horst-Peter Schmidt - I Hear America Singing (3:52)
10. The Rising Sons - Flyin' So High (3:05)
11. Mr. Hyde - Haunts Of Ancient Peace (3:41)
12. The Resonars - I'll Keep It With Mine (2:24)
13. Starbyrd - Back To The Roots (4:26)
14. GAT (Graham Allman-Talbot) - I Can't Believe It (4:06)
15. The Electric Prunes - The Rickenbacker 12 String (6:43)
16. Twin Engine - My Life Gets Better Every Day (3:05)
17. Bruce & Terry - Four Strong Winds (2:15)
18. Blackburn & Snow - Time (2:47)
19. The Nomads - Time Remains (2:08)
20. The Intruders - Now That You Know (2:33)
21. The Squires - Ahead (2:16)
22. The Black Sheep - Feeling Down (2:35)
23. The Bevis Frond - He'd Be A Diamond (2:45)
24. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Listen To Her Heart (3:02)
25. Blue Cartoon - Everyday Magic (2:41)
26. Teenage Fanclub - Ain't That Enough (3:44)
27. Tiffany System - Wayward One (1:59)
28. The Last Word - Bidin' My Time (2:15)
29. The Mad Lads - Everything Is Blue (2:53)
30. The Living Children - Now It's Over (2:02)

Artwork Included (front, back)

https://www110.zippyshare.com/v/bi3zOMuf/file.html

Searnav said...


Eddie Cochran – 20 Rock ‘n’ Roll Hits

United Artists C064-82 748 (Germany 1979)

First in a series of 14 LPs. Thanks to the people at RH for suggesting to post these albums.

All 13 other LPs will follow.

1. A1 Summertime Blues (1:59)
2. A2 Sittin' In The Balcony (2:01)
3. A3 Twenty Flight Rock (1:42)
4. A4 Long Tall Sally (1:48)
5. A5 Jeannie, Jeannie, Jeannie (2:20)
6. A6 Three Steps To Heaven (2:25)
7. A7 Nervous Breakdown (2:17)
8. A8 Drive In Show (2:04)
9. A9 Teenage Heaven (2:07)
10. A10 Hallelujah, I Love Her So (2:20)
11. B1 C'mon Everybody (1:58)
12. B2 Lovin' Time (2:09)
13. B3 Cut Across Shorty (1:52)
14. B4 Milk Cow Blues (2:43)
15. B5 Blue Suede Shoes (1:48)
16. B6 Love Again (2:15)
17. B7 Somethin' Else (2:02)
18. B8 Sweetie Pie (2:12)
19. B9 Lonely (2:13)
20. B10 Cherished Memories (1:53)

Artwork included (front, back, labels) (from Discogs)

https://www78.zippyshare.com/v/aMZhZksu/file.html

Searnav said...


Les Chaussettes Noires – En Public – Hey Pony, Reviens !

My LP/CD = Saphyr 6007 (France 2010)

A limited edition (300 copies) gatefold cover “grey zone” release which contains a 10” / 25 cm / 33 1/3 rpm vinyl LP, a CD and a 32-page souvenir school notebook (the latter is not included in this upload).

Recorded 1961 in Paris, France

The vinyl and the CD have the same content.

Wrong picture on the front cover, as the sax player hadn't joined the band yet when this concert was recorded.

1. A1 Hey Pony (Pony Time) (2:01)
2. A2 Petite Sheila (She She Little Sheila) (2:53)
3. A3 Eddie Sois Bon (Johnny B. Goode) (2:13)
4. A4 Daniela (2:32)
5. A5 Chérie Oh Chérie (Sugaree) (2:12)
6. A6 Betty (Baby Blue) (2:37)
7. A7 Bluejean Bop (2:41)
8. B1 Be Bop A Lula (Be-Bop-A-Lula) (1:54)
9. B2 Dactylo Rock (1:33)
10. B3 Shake, Rattle And Roll (2:08)

Artwork Included (front, back, inside, labels, CD)

https://www94.zippyshare.com/v/mT1XFoaK/file.html

Professor RnR said...

Billboard R&B 1960 Part 2 (Hits that didn’t enter other Charts, updated & remastered)
1. John Lee Hooker - No Shoes (2:28)
2. John Lee Hooker - Solid Sender (2:35)
3. Junior Wells - Little By Little (2:33)
4. Junior Wells - Come On In This House (2:22)
5. The Spaniels - I Know (2:15)
6. The Spaniels - Bus Fare Home (2:37)
7. Ray Charles - Tell The Truth (3:03)
8. Ray Charles - Sweet Sixteen Bars (4:07)
9. Sugar Pie Desanto - I Want to Know (3:02)
10. Sugar Pie Desanto - Baby It Ain't Right (2:51)
11. B.B. King - Walking Dr. Bill (3:42)
12. B.B. King - You Done Lost Your Good Thing Now (5:14)
13. Aretha Franklin - Today I Sing The Blues (2:49)
14. Aretha Franklin - Love Is The Only Thing (2:45)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1diXHTscUv_iARPy_InGauPeK5rzInRFp
pass: U12.10.22

BigGray said...

Cheap Trick

Part 5 of 19


1988-Lap of Luxury (Remastered)
https://www.imagenetz.de/gTXre

01 - Let Go - Cheap Trick
02 - No Mercy - Cheap Trick
03 - The Flame - Cheap Trick
04 - Space - Cheap Trick
05 - Never Had a Lot to Lose - Cheap Trick
06 - Don't Be Cruel - Cheap Trick
07 - Wrong Side of Love - Cheap Trick
08 - All We Need Is a Dream - Cheap Trick
09 - Ghost Town - Cheap Trick
10 - All Wound Up - Cheap Trick
11 - Through the Night - Cheap Trick
12 - You Want It - Cheap Trick
13 - Magical Mystery Tour - Cheap Trick
14 - Money (That's What I Want) - Cheap Trick

1990-Busted [2017 Japanese Remaster]
https://www.imagenetz.de/g8Gnv

01 - Back 'n Blue - Cheap Trick
02 - I Can't Understand It - Cheap Trick
03 - Wherever Would I Be - Cheap Trick
04 - If You Need Me - Cheap Trick
05 - Can't Stop Fallin' Into Love - Cheap Trick
06 - Busted - Cheap Trick
07 - Walk Away - Cheap Trick
08 - You Drive I'll Steer - Cheap Trick
09 - When You Need Someone - Cheap Trick
10 - Had To Make You Mine - Cheap Trick
11 - Rock 'n' Roll - Cheap Trick
12 - Magical Mystery Tour (Short version) (Bonus track) - Cheap Trick
13 - Come On Christmas (Single version) (Bonus track) - Cheap Trick
14 - Stop That Thief (From 'Another Way' original soundtrack) (Bonus track) - Cheap Trick
15 - I Will Survive (From 'Gradiator' original soundtrack) (Bonus track) - Cheap Trick
16 - Big Bang (From Japanese version of 'Busted') (Bonus track) - Cheap Trick
17 - Can't Stop Fallin' Into Love (Radio mix) (Bonus track) - Cheap Trick
18 - Magical Mystery Tour (The 'Greatest Hits' version) (Bonus track) - Cheap Trick

1991-The Greatest Hits
https://www.imagenetz.de/jvWRy

01 - Magical Mystery Tour - Cheap Trick
02 - Dream Police - Cheap Trick
03 - Don't Be Cruel - Cheap Trick
04 - Tonight It's You - Cheap Trick
05 - She's Tight - Cheap Trick
06 - I Want You To Want Me [live] - Cheap Trick
07 - If You Want My Love - Cheap Trick
08 - Ain't That A Shame [live] - Cheap Trick
09 - Surrender - Cheap Trick
10 - The Flame - Cheap Trick
11 - I Can't Take It - Cheap Trick
12 - Can't Stop Falling In Love - Cheap Trick
13 - Voices - Cheap Trick

Aaron Vincent said...

Hey ho, let's go, it's a Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass saturday!!!

"A Taste Of Honey" (The Ed Sullivan Show 1965)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTzM6yn8hQg

"Mexican Shuffle" (TV Special, 1967)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgTp_6qG_LQ

"Bittersweat Samba" (London, 1969)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DH0OIJ4GL8

And here are "The Bossmen" dancing to the "Spanish Flea"!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3oIMdP9iB0

If you feeling a bit grumpy, tired or have life anxiety this saturday, I highly recommend that you dust off your go-away-suit, put on your dancin' shoes, turn up the volume and do some smooth and elegante Tijuana Brass-moves in front of your stereo today, you can't go wrong with "The Freshest Sound Of Toady"-Herb Alpert!

Aaron Vincent said...

Because it is too little Harb Alpert sharings or Tijuana Brass sounds in here, I give you this timeless classic, and in my ears a masterpiece! And remember, on TZ we are no snobs or elitists, we just love great and groovy music and celebrate, regardless of the artists spells Roland Kirk, Herb Alpert, Eloy, Kiss or Ralph Stanley!

Herb Alpert & The Tijuana Brass - Whipped Cream & Other Delights (1965)
https://krakenfiles.com/view/c2TyRGlbCW/file.html
https://www.discogs.com/master/131533-Herb-Alperts-Tijuana-Brass-Whipped-Cream-Other-Delights
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herb_Alpert

EasilyConfused said...

As "tracks that sound a bit like the Byrds" has been a topic this week here at the Zone, I thought I'd take the opportunity to plug my own similar compilations. My choices are from the 60s and early 70s.

BYRDS IS THE WORD: 18 BYRD-A-LIKE JANGLERS

01 Sheffields - Do You Still Love Me
02 Squires - I Don't Care
03 Bushmen - What I Have I'll Give To You
04 Scavengers - Always Travelling Around
05 Dovers - The Third Eye
06 Rogues - You Better Look Now
07 Fab Four - I'm Always Doing Something Wrong
08 Other Side - Walking Down The Road
09 Living Children - Now It's Over
10 Cyrkle - The Words
11 Contents Are - Don't Take My Freedom
12 F.B.I. - Day-Time Nite-Time
13 Words Of Luv - I'd Have To Be Outta My Mind
14 Calliope - Ryan 5
15 Roosters - Deep Inside
16 Toreros - Come
17 Mad Lads - Everything Is Blue
18 Night Flight - To Color Turn

https://workupload.com/file/GVpnXFjgMAp

BYRDS IS THE WORD 2: 18 MORE BYRD-A-LIKE JANGLERS

01 Lancastrians - The World Keeps Going Round
02 Tikis - Bye Bye Bye
03 Magic Circle - She Means All the World to Me
04 Bows & Arrows - I Don't Believe You
05 West Coast Natural Gas - A Favor
06 American Blues - Keep My Heart In A Rage
07 Rainbow Press - As I Went Out One Morning
08 Roosters - One Of These Days
09 Hard Times - That's All I'll Do
10 Fogcutters - I Want Your Love Again
11 Cedars - I Don't Know Why
12 Masterminds - She Belongs To Me
13 Squires - Go Ahead
14 Truths - Pending
15 Rooney Brothers - Geordie
16 His Majesty's Coachmen - I Don't Want to See You
17 Skunks - I Need No-One
18 Space Opera - Blue Ridge Mountains

https://workupload.com/file/ZB73mvVWGGx

I made some covers which you can see on my bulletin board, here:

tinyurl.com/easilyconfused

All my other compilations are there too, including actual Byrds material and my folk-rock series orange&green&yellow&near, which runs to 13 volumes.

la musica e vita said...


Hope I haven't posted this twice!
Some great female vocal Jazz.

I'd Rather Go Blind - Halie Loren live in London (2018)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP1kMkSpI8w

A whiter shade of Pale - Halie Loren
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP1kMkSpI8w

A Woman's Way - Halie Loren (Official Video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPn8kTfzF_s&list=RDiP1kMkSpI8w&index=10

Halie Loren - "Sway" (with the Corvallis-OSU Symphony Orchestra)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjiZXfOtRHM&list=RDiP1kMkSpI8w&index=11

Fly Me to the Moon - Halie Loren at the Cotton Club Tokyo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCLqBfRDazM&list=RDiP1kMkSpI8w&index=3

enjoy!

EasilyConfused said...

@Aaron Vincent: Thank you for Sounds Like Byrds, which inspired me to repost my own Byrd-a-like compilations.

Herick M said...

Could someone share this album please?

"Various – Blazing Longboards"

https://www.discogs.com/release/10405194-Various-Blazing-Longboards

Tracklist:
1 The Aqua Velvets–Bravado
2 The Mermen–Honeycomb
3 Scott Henderson –Hole Diggin'
4 The Aqua Velvets–Spanish Blue
5 Peppino D'Agostino–Tarantula
6 The Mermen–Be My Noir
7 Peppino D'Agostino–Beyond The Dunes
8 Willie & Lobo–Sweet Meanderings
9 Strunz & Farah–Ida Y Vuelta
10 Peppino D'Agostino–Calypso Facto
11 The Mermen–Ocean Beach
12 The Aqua Velvets–Swampabilly Hop
13 Willie & Lobo–Bahia de Bandera
14 Jerry Riopelle–Naked
15 Scott Henderson–Too Many Gittars
16 Jerry Riopelle–Follow Your Dreams

RYP said...

I agree with Herick M's request right away! Can someone help?

Anonymous said...

Hello everybody. I would appreciate very very much if someone could please share some of these albums. Mostly the first one, live:


- THE BLUE CATS: On a Live Mission (2013) CD

- THE BLUE CATS: On a Live Mission (2013) DVD

- THE G-MEN: Dark Train (1982)

- THE BLUE CATS: 1978 The Re-discovered Masters (1994)

- BELTANE FIRE: Different Breed (1985)


Many many thanx in advance,

Mary Ann

Aaron Vincent said...

@EasilyConfused

Thanks for reposting your Byrds-mixes, I must have miss them earlier, they look very nice and interesting and cool you focus on that era as well. And I will def have a Sounds Like Byrds weekend, and Herb Alpert;-)

@Searnav
Thanks for sharing your take on "Sounds Like Byrds"! Looking forward to listen to it, esp cause you are the Captain On The Byrds ship here on TZ:-D

@everbody
So groovy that Byrds is still on the front page 2022, here on TZ. It's gonna be very inspiring to take part of this Byrds-Sounds-festivus! Thanks!

And it's feels a bit heart breaking to see and listen to Roger McGuinn today, 80 years old, still playin' his Rickenbacker like it was 1965, and do it such great! Hope he doin' well and will kick around for some years.

"Chimes Of Freedom" (The Egg, New York, 11th June, 2022)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ulQsdJuuHQ


Cranny said...

I would like to kindly request the Lee Hazelwood album "Cowboy In Sweden", thanks :)

Searnav said...

Byrds Soudalikes: let's not forget Butterboy's 7 CDs of "Jangle Bonanza"!

Anonymous said...

Gaius said:

One of the big mysteries of the past hundreds years is the sudden appearance of 'Ghost ships'. One of these ships, found on the Atlantic without any crew on board, was the 'Mary Celeste' (sometimes written Marie Celeste):
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Celeste

No wonder (like the 'Titanic' or other lost ships) that this is a perfect name for a band. 'Marie Celeste' in the end was a short living project of musicians coming together on the British Folk Circuit. 200 copies were pressed originally, and the album blends cover versions (Gershwin's Summertime, Paul Simon's I Am A Rock and Joni Mitchell and Tom Paxton compositions).

Credits
Bass – Michael Jon Tame
Guitar, Vocals – Brian Lindop, Ken Price, Mary Bishop
Vocals – Tricia Jenkins

Marie Celeste (UK)- And Then Perhaps 1971, rem. 2010
https://www.imagenetz.de/3qr9v


Anonymous said...


IAN DURY & THE BLOCKHEADS 1978-05-02
https://we.tl/t-YA4z6nuZLs

Willie Nelson Carlyles Arroyes CA 9-3-1993 dsdb
https://we.tl/t-mHgjxa8NfQ

Bucephalus

Rock 'n' Roll Steve said...

I'd like to post again - this time I will follow the rules. No more hidden links to 15 disc Bear Family box sets or responding to 4 or 5 requests per day. I promise.

Rock-A-Billy Dynamite 2013, Volumes 1 & 2 of 40
Reposting a series I downloaded from the Twilight Zone in 2014.
info: https://www.discogs.com/release/7232661-Various-Rock-A-Billy-Dynamite
320: https://www70.zippyshare.com/v/Z84EaSsd/file.html

Adam & The Ants - Peel Sessions 1990
info: https://www.discogs.com/master/227726-Adam-The-Ants-Peel-Sessions
320: https://www70.zippyshare.com/v/J7mpG0E7/file.html
flac: https://www70.zippyshare.com/v/uHVDmPtU/file.html

Vin said...

The Continental Sessions:

3 CD set highlighting the excellent 1940s jazz sessions cut for the Continental label. Over 75 tracks featuring artists such as Clyde Hart, Slam Stewart, Cozy Cole, Hot Lips Page, J.C. Heard, Eddie South others...

https://www.imagenetz.de/ukWc9

wally k said...

wallyk said

Another major label Was ALADDIN with some great blues and r&b and then
rock and roll and later pop. Here are some very early samples
SOME EARLY ALADDIN RECORDS

https://www.imagenetz.de/j2hn2

Los Dicker Tanz said...

==--==--== ==--==--== ==--==--== ==--==--== ==--==--== ==--==--==

Various – Jung Kaputt Spart Altersheime! - Hannover Punk '78-'84. CD, Compilation 1994

https://www68.zippyshare.com/v/QFbKm92r/file.html


https://www.discogs.com/de/release/1497372-Various-Jung-Kaputt-Spart-Altersheime-Hannover-Punk-78-84
==--==--== ==--==--== ==--==--== ==--==--== ==--==--== ==--==--==

Various – The Sandinista! Project (A Tribute To The Clash) 2 x CD, Compilation 2007

https://www68.zippyshare.com/v/yHIaT6F9/file.html

==--==--== ==--==--== ==--==--== ==--==--== ==--==--== ==--==--==

Aaron Vincent said...

@Rock'n'Roll Steve

Great to see you back man! Ha ha, but I wonder how you count even this time? :-D

Two albums/volumes in the first share of Rockabilly, then two versions (wich means two albums) of the Adam & The Ant share, to me it seems like FOUR albums in your Comeback Special in here? :-D

Maybe I count wrong here, but I always thought ONE share is ONE version of a specific album? Otherwise you can include 25 links of a different albums in 25 different types (Ogg, MP4, FLAC, MP3@320, DFG, HD, IFF, MP3@192, and so on, just to please everybody)? But maybe it's OK to share three albums a day, but in 6, 9, 12 or 15 different versions with different links? God to know, sometimes I myself thinking of sharing two albums, but with both MP3 and FLAC, but thought that was against the rules?

Cheers.

rugrat907 said...

@Self Service - thanks for the Clash tribute - not sure how I missed the existence of this before.

To all the Byrds soundalike contributors - many thanks!

RYP said...

Rock'n'Roll Steve, please follow our rule, which you can read under the film clip on the main page!

clash said...

@Self Service - I gotta echo rugrat907, as I don't know how I missed it either. Thank you!

Bob said...

@ Vin

Many thanks for the Continental package, and the Hawaiian music.

@ wallyk

Thanks for today's Aladdin and all the other R&B

Guitarradeplastico,scraping oddities said...


Request:

-The Check-Mates, Inc. – Live At Harvey's - Too Much! ( 1965 )

-The Checkmates Ltd. – Live! At Caesar's Palace ( 1967 )

-The Checkmates Ltd. – Love Is All We Have To Give ( 1969 )

BigGray said...

The Kransky Sisters

Someone mentioned to me how much they liked the musical saw. It reminded me of The Kransky Sisters, who were on Australian television regularly a few years back. I hadn't thought of them in a long time and was astounded at how much material is available on YouTube.

Psycho Killer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1Z6b0q-JWo

Highway To Hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6wc1p7Mflw

and two with saw

You're So Vain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XngCQxkCOnQ

The Sound Of Silence
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEQhqNNuicg


If this slightly weird comedy appeals to you, there's plenty more at
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=kransky+sisters

Anonymous said...

Anyone happen to have any of the Smothers Brothers records? Can't seem to track any down anywhere. Thank you.

imnokid said...

Guitardeplastico,
I ahve those but they are less than 320. If no one else posts in a day or so, re-request and I'll post them.

Speaking of The Checkmates, I am still looking for, in ANY bit-rate.
Bobby Stevens & The Checkmates - Sould Out (Gucci)1977

I sold the album before ripping it...

96dbFreak said...

@BigGray

I used to love the Kransky Sisters. Genius comedy!

Crab Devil said...

@Cranny:

Here's Lee Hazlewood's "Cowboy in Sweden" (though it's the 11-track version from 1970, not the upgraded, 14-track version from 2016):

https://mega.nz/file/nsAEBT7S#sZCftw4ATMDcfC-gbWuwqkmBAUXZuEx1wXdtgKkIvVs

And, just in case anyone's interested, here's the film (or, more accurately, the TV special) for which the album is a soundtrack:

https://mega.nz/file/X05SgZaD#z4b7DXy4kz5L1wPMDqT5aeAKXKZLVdUwHnSfAMpHDSA

Anonymous said...

My first time posting a comment, ever ...

re. Aaron Vincent and RYP comments in regards to Rock'n'Roll Steve's post.
To be polite, if someone was to present us with more than one file-sharing site to download an album, would that count as an extra album?
To be not so polite, are you guys being anal?
Mostly these days I am only downloading to replace MP3's with Flac, so I actually appreciated Rock'n'Roll Steve giving me a choice.
In other words, I do not think Steve was breaking the rules.
Kind regards, Alien_Weird.

RYP said...

Alien_Weird,
if you think so...

Searnav said...

Alien_Weird, maybe your first time ever posting a comment should have been posting an album, not criticizing the blog owner.

Anonymous said...

@Alien_Weird.

Ryp has to have some where to feel he has some power!

RYP said...

@ Anonymous, of course,
It doesn't get any stupider! Do you think I run the TwilightZone for the feeling of power? Ridiculous! You're a small mind for whom the TwilightZone is far too intellectual. So better get out of this area!

... and @ Alien_Weird,
I don't want to get involved in these small-scale discussions about multiple formats - one album = one format is the rule. Just follow these rules: NO ALBUMS RELEASED IN 2020 AND AFTER, AND A DAILY LIMIT OF 3 ALBUMS!

gotcha said...

It's not my decision - but I agree with Alien_Weird. Offering the same album as a choice between FLAC and mp3 seems like a reasonable, and thoughtful way to share ONE album. Why is this different than offering the same album from 2 different servers (zippy & imagenetz)?

In the end, it's all RYP's choice. It doesn't have to make sense. But posts like the ones from Searnav and Aaron Vincent feel petty.

They feel like "Gotcha's" from wanna-be-cops. Nobody likes a tattle-tale!

RYP said...

gotcha,
even if you see it as "petty", I don't want the TwilightZone to become a Wallmart. Perhaps these same rules and restrictions have protected the TwilightZone for 16 years! It wouldn't be bad to look at things from this side! Finally, you can buy lossless files from Amazon, Apple, Deezer, Spotify etc if .mp3 isn't enough for someone...

ps.: I would like to thank Searnav and Aaron Vincent for their cooperation. Without the cooperation of some visitors this blog might not be here anymore!

Aaron Vincent said...

@Gotcha @alien_weird

I don't answer the bad words against me, Searnav or RYP. And I think Searnav made a great job about this a long long time helping RYP, and he (or anyone) in here deserves been called a police. Searnav and myself enjoy TZ, and hope it will be still alive and kickin' in the future as well.

Well, if you guys prefer FLAC instead of other smaller formats, no problem to me! That's not what this (I can't understand why) endless discuss is all about? If YOU think RYP and Gyros blog has pitty rules, that's OK too (but keep it for your self, deal with it), but, why don't you follow them? Do you act the same way IRL? If, I guess you from time to time in your life have trouble with the police, and even have problems with your employer and get's unemployed cause of that and have financial problems?

To me it's very simple, follow RYP's and Gyros rules for the blog, and the TZ will keep spinning, be happy instead that it exist, and give RYP or the regulars a hug?

This is what I and 99% of the regulars and other folks understands is TZ's rules (with example):

3 albums or 3 album links a day.

The Muppets on Broadway
Mp3@320: http/kermitshare.org/8739893
Mp3@320: http/fozziezip.yes/dh6dk3+3l
Flac: http/kermitshare.org/k3lk5lk29

Above is three/3 albums. And if The Muppets on broadway was a double-cd, the above has been six/6 albums. Very easy to understand! :-D

Cranny said...

To Crab Devil

Thanks so much, look forward to watching the doc :)

Cranny said...

I would like to recommend some excellent current bands who play 1977 punk rock -
have a good POGO :)

The Not Amused
https://thenotamused.bandcamp.com/


Nasty Rumpours
https://nastyrumours.bandcamp.com/album/bloody-hell-what-a-pity


The Extroverts
https://takethecityrecords.bandcamp.com/album/supple

Anonymous said...

Another day.

@RYP
I cannot find anywhere on the main page where
it says one album = one format, or only 'three links a day'.
It does say 'three albums' though ...

@Aaron
I believe you were the gentleman who provided a link
to a YouTube video clip last week, namely,
a cam-shot from a stationary vehicle when two missiles
explode down the street; you can hear some debris
hitting the windscreen.
You were making a statement about what is important.
I thought it was great; I think about nothing else but Ukraine.
I believe Steve would be feeling very hurt by your post.
You welcome him back, then 'stab him in the back'.
Steve's post was given in good faith (he actually sounded happy),
and it included only 'three albums', as stated on the main page.

So, gentlemen ... it would seem we have a problem with
what is an album? I was sure I knew what an album was,
having been collecting them for over 45 years, but no,
it would appear that it is different from yours. Amazing!

Kind regards,
Alien_Weird.

RYP said...

Alien_Weird,
you should start your own blog if you don't like something here! Starting your own blog is super easy. Google will help you! Then you can do what YOU want and don't even have to follow your own rules...

Aaron Vincent said...

@Alien_Weird

Yes, I welcomed back Steve, I enjoyed many of his sharings way back before he went bananas and decided he could share 10-30 sharings a day, and also tried to hied them for RYP. Very childish.

After RYP asked him what made him so special he could break the rule almost every day, and the last day even share 28 or 38 albums, he apologize and went away. RYP told him the same day, about how links and albums worked/counts on TZ, different formats.

Steve went back, and in his first apperance (Comeback Special)

I don't stab Steve in the back, I just told him and ask him why he did the same thing the first day again? I don't get it, what's the hurry in sharing as many albums and links as possible? I don't think the people on TZ respects your more the more you share, or if you satisfy everybodys wishes in formats or specific platforms? I dig Steve, he's cool, but I don't get it with always break the rules? The more folk break the rules, the chance is bigger that TZ will be gone, either shut down or RYP himself get tired of all this stuff and close it. Me and many others would feel the world as a more empty place if TZ were gone. If Steve or your would start your own blog with limitless shares, go on, rock on, I will visit your page! :-D

in comparison with Ukraine, of course, this fuss about numbers about sharings is bullshit, but the question is again, why not just respect the rules and follow them, then none of those discuss would have happen? And let me know, should we accept that one person can accept the rules just cause he can, cause it's him and lettin' him do it every day? Very strange sense of view.

Sad if Steve feelin' I stab him in the back, but he's a grown and groovy man so I think he can handle it, and he knows why he left the building before the summer, and I've been one of those who says just about a month ago that I miss him and his taste in here.

I'm not in it for the fight, I just dig this place in space, therefor I (and almost everybody else) follow the rules. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Hope you still enjoy bein in here.

@Rock'n'Roll Steve
And once again, cool to have you back! Keep on keepin' on and deliver first class rock to the people! :-)

Alfred said...

@Aaron Vincent

Thank you for Herb Alpert! Something different to the usual stuff.

Alfred