We have a first entry each day that is a picture or a video, and only in that entry you can place your music links and requests (NO ALBUMS RELEASED IN 2020 AND AFTER, AND A DAILY LIMIT OF 3 ALBUMS AND NO REQUESTS FOR FLAC OR OTHER LOSSLESS, IF YOU WANT FLAC, BUY THE ALBUM)! Here you can say what you like, unless it's offensive, racist or discriminatory! Please keep your language polite and respectful.
All the rest official posts will only allow comments related to the official posts and such. That way it will keep things much more organized and tidy.
Enjoy! RYP and Gyro1966
I would like to make it clear at this point: I am often accused of running this blog in a dictatorial manner, yes, of course, if you want to call it that! I didn't set it up as a council republic where everyone could have a say. But I try to be a nice, humorous, friendly and lovable little "dictatorship" This is also confirmed to me very often and more than 7500 visitors a day must also mean something. We experience every day what a dictatorship actually means in reality, and in Germany I think of the years 1932 - 1945 with horror! To use the word "dictatorship" in relation to me and the TwilightZone is idiotic and unfair!
I wish everyone continued good times with the TwilightZone!
RYP

62 comments:
Please read the supplement to our rules on the main page:
(NO ALBUMS RELEASED IN 2020 AND AFTER, AND A DAILY LIMIT OF 3 ALBUMS AND NO REQUESTS FOR FLAC OR OTHER LOSSLESS, IF YOU WANT FLAC, BUY THE ALBUM)
However, if anyone wants to provide FLACS or other lossless files, they may do so as before.
Various Artists – Au Temps Des Yé-Yé
My double LP = Philips 6620 043 (9299 255) (France 1976)
Disc 1
1. Johnny Hallyday - Viens Danser Le Twist (Let's Twist Again) (2:04)
2. Johnny Hallyday - T'As Qu'Seize Ans (You're Sixteen) (2:20)
3. The Golden Stars & Johnny Hallyday - Last Night (3:03)
4. Trumpet Boy - T'Aimer Follement (Makin' Love) (2:23)
5. Rocky Volcano Et Ses Rock 'n' Rollers - 24 Mille Baisers (24000 Baci) (2:00)
6. Rocky Volcano Et Ses Rock 'n' Rollers - Belle-Maman (Mother-In-Law) (2:14)
7. Teddy Raye Et Ses Teddy Boys - Jupon Bleu, Jupon Vert (2:14)
8. Teddy Raye Et Ses Teddy Boys - Twist Stop (The Ray-Charles-Ton) (2:38)
9. Matt Collins - En Écoutant La Pluie (Rhythm Of The Rain) (2:25)
10. Matt Collins - Il Faut Choisir (It's Up To You) (2:40)
11. Les Mercenaires - Moi Je Pense Encore À Toi (Breaking Up Is Hard To Do) (2:05)
12. Les Mercenaires - Les Mercenaires De L'Amour (Tulsa Twist) (2:36)
13. Long Chris Et Les Daltons - Je Reviendrai (I'm Going Home) (2:40)
14. Long Chris Et Les Daltons - Comme L'Été Dernier (Dancin' Party) (1:55)
15. Cheila - Première Surprise-Partie (2:31)
16. Cheila - L'École Est Finie (2:37)
Disc 2
1. Clauche François - Belles, Belles, Belles (Girl, Girls, Girls (Made To Love)) (2:14)
2. Clauche François - Dis-Lui (Tell Him) (2:20)
3. Vic Laurens - Je Ne Peux Pas T'Oublier (Can't Get Used To Losing You) (2:29)
4. Vic Laurens - Quand Je Te Suis Des Yeux (I've Got My Eyes On You) (1:58)
5. Les Gam's - Il A Le Truc (He's Got The Power) (2:28)
6. Les Gam's - Oui Les Filles (Why Do Lovers Break Each Other's Hearts) (2:48)
7. Lucky Blondo - Dis-Moi Oui (We Say Yeah) (2:04)
8. Lucky Blondo - Sheila (Sheila) (2:00)
9. Gabriel Dalar - Viens (When) (2:05)
10. Gabriel Dalar - 39 De Fièvre (Fever) (3:05)
11. José Salcy - J'En Parlerai À Mon Cheval (3:19)
12. José Salcy - Je Bois Trop (3:30)
13. France Gall - Ne Sois Pas Si Bête (2:20)
14. France Gall - N'Écoute Pas Les Idoles (1:45)
15. Les Lionceaux - Nadine Où Es-Tu (Nadine) (2:44)
16. Les Lionceaux - Hey Hey Bo Diddley (Hey Bo Diddley) (2:32)
Artwork Included (gatefold cover front, back, inside, labels)
https://www56.zippyshare.com/v/oYn9nk8e/file.html
Re-repost
Various Artists – Byrds Won’t Fly Today
« 18 Byrds-A-like Folk-Punk Loser Combos »
« 18 Desperate Folk Punk Laments From Byrds-A-Like Obscure US Garage Groups Circa 1965-1967 »
Misty Lane Misty 064 (Italy 1992)
01. James & Sutton Dalton - One Time Around (3:25)
02. Hard Times - Come To Your Window (2:29)
03. Present - I Know (3:24)
04. Tiffany System - Wayward One (1:59)
05. Peter And The Prophets - Johnny Of Dreams (2:47)
06. The Legends - How Can I Find Her (2:15)
07. The Purple Reign - Wish You Didn't Have To Go (2:00)
08. Dave And The Customs - He Was A Friend Of Mine (2:48)
09. The Empty Set - Tomorrow Is A Long Time (2:31)
10. The Skunks - I Need No One (2:05)
11. The Last Word - Bidin' My Time (2:16)
12. Rock Garden - The Wind Is My Keeper (3:03)
13. Hard Times - You're Bound To Cry (2:52)
14. The Chasers - I'm Sure (1:49)
15. Palace Guard - Oh Blue (The Way I Feel Tonight) (2:41)
16. The Unknowns - The Modern Era (2:19)
17. The Ragamuffins - Four Days Of Rain (3:05)
18. Tiffany System - Let's Get Together (2:53
Vinyl Rip - Artwork Included (front, back, inner, labels)
https://www113.zippyshare.com/v/ChMoXL8F/file.html
Billboard R&B 1964 Part 1 (Hits that didn’t enter other Charts, updated & remastered)
1. Bessie Banks - Go Now (2:40)
2. Bessie Banks - It Sounds Like My Baby (3:06)
3. Esther Phillips - Hello Walls (3:23)
4. Esther Phillips - Double Crossing Blues (2:40)
5. Johnnie Taylor - I Need Lots Of Love (2:45)
6. Johnnie Taylor - Getting Married Soon (2:54)
7. Sugar Pie DeSanto - Soulful Dress (2:51)
8. Sugar Pie DeSanto - Use What You Got (2:42)
9. Nathan McKinney - Weep No More (3:06)
10. Nathan McKinney - ''Oh'' How I Love You (2:12)
11. Anna King - Make Up Your Mind (2:45)
12. Anna King - If You Don't Think (1:56)
13. Little Milton - What Kind Of Love Is This (2:16)
14. Little Milton - Sacrifice (2:38)
15. Barbara & Brenda - Hurtin' Inside (2:40)
16. Barbara & Brenda - That's When You've Got Soul (2:33)
17. Ted Taylor - Don't Deceive Me (Please Let Me Go) (2:52)
18. Ted Taylor - If It Wasn't For You (2:35)
19. Etta James - Mellow Fellow (3:01)
20. Etta James - Bobby Is His Name (3:31)
21. Effie Smith - Dial That Telephone, Part 1 (2:25)
22. Effie Smith - Dial That Telephone, Part 2 (2:25)
23. Effie Smith - Dial That Telephone (Aladdin '53) (2:46)
24. Little Johnny Taylor - I Smell Trouble (2:42)
25. Little Johnny Taylor - True Love (2:42)
26. Walter Jackson - That's What Mama Say (2:23)
27. Walter Jackson - What Would You Do (2:38)
28. Joe Tex - I'd Rather Have You (2:44)
29. Joe Tex - Old Time Lover (2:38)
30. Ike & Tina Turner - A Fool For A Fool (3:14)
31. Ike & Tina Turner - No Tears To Cry (2:36)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FvZBJuMHYCnlflBvCQm9bHZUJIkNFDmJ
pass: U12.10.22
Cheap Trick
Part 9 of 19
2000-Bun E’s Basement Bootlegs, Vol. 1 Gigs ’79-94
https://www.imagenetz.de/mi5MT
01 - Reelin' And Rockin' - Cheap Trick with Dave Edmunds
02 - Stiff Competition - Cheap Trick
03 - On Top Of The World - Cheap Trick
04 - Didn't Know I Had It - Cheap Trick
05 - California Man - Cheap Trick with Roy Wood
06 - How About You - Cheap Trick
07 - Heaven Tonight - Cheap Trick
08 - Johnny B. Goode - Cheap Trick with Bon Scott, Malcolm & Angus Young
09 - I Know What I Want - Cheap Trick
10 - Shakin' All Over - Cheap Trick with Alex Harvey
11 - Magical Mystery Tour - Cheap Trick
12 - Goodnight Now - Cheap Trick with Cozy Powell
2001-Bun E’s Basement Bootlegs, Vol. 2 Soundchecks ’82-’97
https://www.imagenetz.de/fophR
01 - Rick Nielsen Blues - Cheap Trick
02 - Oo La La La - Cheap Trick
03 - The Losing End - Cheap Trick
04 - Get Off Of My Cloud - Cheap Trick
05 - Across The Universe - Cheap Trick
06 - Lookin' Out For Number One - Cheap Trick
07 - YOYOY - Cheap Trick
08 - Auld Lang Syne - Cheap Trick
09 - If You Want My Love #1 - Cheap Trick
10 - If You Want My Love #2 - Cheap Trick
11 - Robin Zander Blues - Cheap Trick
12 - Mannish Boy - Cheap Trick
13 - California Man - Cheap Trick
14 - Rock And Roll Tonight - Cheap Trick
15 - The Flame - Cheap Trick
16 - Shelter - Cheap Trick
17 - Cry Baby Blues - Cheap Trick
18 - Wild Horses - Cheap Trick
19 - You Let A Lotta People Down - Cheap Trick
20 - Tom Petersson Blues - Cheap Trick
21 - Brontosaurus Jam - Cheap Trick
22 - Brontosaurus Rehearsal - Cheap Trick
23 - Brontosaurus - Cheap Trick
24 - It's All Over Now - Cheap Trick
25 - Bun E. Carlos Blues - Cheap Trick
2001-Bun E's Basement Bootlegs, Vol. 3a: Covers '74-'00 [256]
https://www.imagenetz.de/dMbQC
01 - All Shook Up - Cheap Trick
02 - Cold Turkey - Cheap Trick
03 - Parachute Woman - Cheap Trick
04 - Into The Fire - Cheap Trick
05 - A Well Respected Man - Cheap Trick
06 - It's So Hard - Cheap Trick
07 - Whatcha Gonna Do - Cheap Trick
08 - Waiting For The Man - Cheap Trick
09 - Heart Of Stone - Cheap Trick
10 - Shakin' All Over - Cheap Trick
11 - Stand By Me - Cheap Trick
12 - My Love Is Like A Red Red Rose - Cheap Trick
13 - Yardbirds Medley - Cheap Trick
14 - Speak Now Or Forever Hold Your Peace - Cheap Trick
15 - Money (That's What I Want) - Cheap Trick
Hey ho, let's go, it's a Leon Russell wednesday!!!
"Delta Lady" (Live, 1970)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o93jTKhil9Y
"Honky Tonk Woman" (Live, 1971)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRlkIunIU-c
"Will the Circle Be Unbroken" (Live, 1971)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpp10uQdeS8
And here is Martians Discover a Radio!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_trSIBCgF0
Wow. Just listening to the Hey Whitey! comp and really dig it. Best of two worlds. Thanks Aaron - you are the master of mix tapes.
Here is two mixtapes I made in my series of country rock (or my take on the genre), the time has come to 1975. If someone wants/needs some of the first 10 mixtapes give me a call, they went lost on Zippyshare, so I will then uppload them on Krakenfiles instead. Keep on truckin!
VA - Keep On Truckin' vol. 11 (Nuggets From The First Era Of Country Rock 1975)
01. The Marshall Tucker Band - Fire On The Mountain
02. The Doobie Brothers - Neal's Fandango
03. Lobo - Three Pick-Ups
04. Jerry Jeff Walker - Pick Up The Tempo
05. John Prine - My Own Best Friend
06. The Rowans - Take It As It Comes
07. The Dusty Chaps - Honky Tonk Music
08. The Souther-Hillman-Furay Band - Prisoner In Disguise
09. Roger McGuinn - Circle Song
10. The Orion Express - Time For Livin'
11. Rusty Wier - Just One More Time
12. Poco - Georgia Bind My Ties
13. Greg Quill - Blackmail
14. Gabriel - A Little Bit Of Understanding
15. Timbercreek - Tantra Queen
16. Heartsfield - Nashville
17. Kursaal Flyers - Ugly Guys
18. Elvin Bishop - Cant Go Back
19. Afton - Sara
20. Billy Swan - Overnite Thing (Usually)
https://krakenfiles.com/view/1BltcT2VVk/file.html
VA - Keep On Truckin' vol. 12 (Nuggets From The First Era Of Country Rock 1975)
01. Linda Ronstadt - Roll Um Easy
02. Pure Prairie League - Two Lane Highway
03. Outlaws - There Goes Another Love Song
04. Keith Moon - One Night Stand
05. Blue Jug - It's A Fact
06. Free Beer - Out On The Road
07. High Cotton - Meet Me At The Junction
08. Michael Martin Murphey - The Wild West Show
09. Eagles - Visions
10. Richard Torrance - North Dakota Lady
11. The Amazing Rhythm Aces - The Beautiful Lie
12. The Ozark Mountain Daredevils - Leatherwood
13. The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Bayou Jubilee
14. Willlie P. Bennett - White Line
15. New Riders Of The Purple Sage - I Heard You've Been Layin' My Old Lady
16. Johnny Cash - The Night They Drawn All Dixie Down
17. Ray Wylie Hubbard - Portales
18. Commander Cody And His Lost Planet Airmen - California Okie
19. Rita Coolidge - Late Again
20. The Charlie Daniels Band - Willie Jones
https://krakenfiles.com/view/rvDNgsHkNS/file.html
And the winner is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuIqdeVX58k
In respect of RYP/Gyros rules and intention on the atmosphere here at TZ, I will no more post a FLAC/Losless, just 320@mp3. And I will no more discuss those formats again, even if I like some vinyl-transfers on HD FLAC, I'm also really tired of reading about the format and the dudes who screams for it, instead of the smaller formats that's been sharing. I think it was a great initiative by Searnav and RYP to once and for all close that discuss. Cheer!
Thanks for the video!
"I Wanna Be Your Man" probably with the first slide guitar solo on a ( white ) Rock'n'Roll record?!
Rank Stranger
Someone said that wallyk's files showed up as 'unknown' and so they deleted them.
It's quite amusing to me because quite a few of the artists and labels ARE unknown, and cannot be found in discographies or anywhere on the internet when I have searched. Some of these items you will probably never see the like of again, and I for one am grateful that they are being presented here freely to share.
I hope you can bear in mind that some of us have old computers, arthritic fingers, are not technically minded, and our interest is in searching and exchanging the music, not spending the time wrapping everything up with a pretty little bow.
I appreciate that with all the problems in the world and the state of people's finances, a rare 78 which is not correctly tagged is a step too far. How can we possibly put up with this?
R.I.P. Robert Gordon (March 29, 1947 – October 18, 2022)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Gordon_(musician)
RYP, I think the supplement is an excellent idea. Very well said!
Hi RYP !
You are one of the coolest cats around, don't pay attention to those who say otherwise !
Best
Fred Combo
For RYP.
Danger Diabolik - 1968 1080p BluRay (Full Film)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb-TIFlw2l8
Morricone Soundtrack.
For those who mostly know Morricone from the Westerns,
This is quite different.
enjoy!
Aaron Vincent, thanks for keepin' on truckin' two more times.
la musica e vita,
thanks for the link to "Danger Diabolik" and indeed that's my cup of tea!
I was wondering if anyone has a copy of Terry Allen's Jaurez either the original lp or the reissue cd they could share. I just found out about it and would really like to give it a listen. thanks in advance.
Gaius said:
Your brain is a kind of interesting organ, not truly understood and not working always the way you want. Since the late 60's I had a single line of a song in my head. And when surfing youtube for a special video I suddenly saw in the sidebar something which electrified me. And yes, that was the damned f#+++# title I've searched for a million years:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvPnDExkmjw
O.K. Here is some forgotten psychedelic pearl of the early ages:
Bob Lind (USA) - Don't be concerned, 1966
https://www.imagenetz.de/bxaz2
WEST COAST COUNTRY BLUES
Ernest Lewis complete
https://www.imagenetz.de/aq4EG
Enjoy!
Gaius said:
If something is pleasant, other things are disappointing. Somewhere (I don't say here) I one d/l something which was announced as 'The Family Dogg - A Way of Life':
https://www.discogs.com/de/release/2409654-The-Family-Dogg-A-Way-Of-Life
As you can count, there are 13 tracks listed by Discogs.
When unzipping the file, I saw 8 tracks (with different bitrates), one didn't belong to and instead of Family Dogg's cover version of 'In the Ghetto' there was the Elvis-Original.
Much to my surprise, it wasn't that easy to assemble this album, but finally I was successful. Sometimes we pick up music from the same sources in the net, so you better have a look what is really in your collection if you have this album. Here's a video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Vxq-Ilf17I
As you can see, Albert Hammond was part of the action.
The Family Dogg - A Way of Life, 1969
https://www.imagenetz.de/UkvXN
@Jake:
Here's Juarez by Terry Allen @320:
https://krakenfiles.com/view/5ASFJDXZ1I/file.html
Enjoy!
Caboose – Caboose (1970) Vinyl @320
https://www57.zippyshare.com/v/a3VK0AeD/file.html
https://www.discogs.com/Caboose-Caboose/release/11592811
Billy Swan – I'm Into Lovin' You (1981) Vinyl @320
https://www81.zippyshare.com/v/xTLxEcfz/file.html
https://www.musicstack.com/item/260800553
Mikata – Gang-Gang Dance (1986) Vinyl @320
https://www12.zippyshare.com/v/ZOXrvvjj/file.html
https://www.discogs.com/Mikata-Gang-Gang-Dance/release/1635701
RYP, I don't normally comment on the crazy talk that goes on here sometimes, but I just have to say that you are a great host and as far as I am concerned, whatever you say goes.
Peace bro!
Gaius said:
...finishing with 'Halfway'
after Terryfh has posted 'Halfway (Australia)- Farewell To The Fainthearted, 2004, yesterday, this is my last album of this band:
Halfway (Australia) - Rain Lover, 2018
https://www.imagenetz.de/tP4on
With a little help from my friend BigGray we will go on tomorrow with 'Busby Marou' tomorrow, as it was proposed a few days ago:
https://www.discogs.com/de/artist/2512662-Busby-Marou
In the very moment we both are working to complete them as far as they are available, but I couldn't find the album:
Busby Marou - Farewell Fitzroy
https://www.discogs.com/de/master/1669483-Busby-Marou-Farewell-Fitzroy
So any help would be welcome.
For the rest of their disco I'm optimistic. And terryfh has posted yesterday:
Busby Marou (Australia) - The Great Divide, 2019
Have a look.
Mo' power to you RYP! Dictate away!
Who ever said it was a democracy that is hilarious, rude but HILARIOUS!
[Get a grip FFS!]
Keep on doing this things you do Boss!
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Shakin' Dudi – ...Bo Ładnym Zawsze Lżej... 2011
https://www50.zippyshare.com/v/c07MTTPF/file.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwUvq7sFzDo
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Various – Charlie Does Surf - A Tribute To The Clash 2004
https://www50.zippyshare.com/v/ZGflIyvI/file.html
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
@ Gaius
Re Busby Marou - Farewell Fitzroy
I'll email the link to you sometime today '
It’s a family affair on WFMU!
Ivan Julian (Voidoids): https://freemusicarchive.org/music/Ivan_Julian/
Cynthia Sley (Bush Tetras): https://freemusicarchive.org/music/Bush_Tetras/
Their son Austin Sley Julian (The Sediment Club):
https://freemusicarchive.org/music/The_Sediment_Club/
flamingroovies-whiskey79
https://we.tl/t-9jPefkeBYY
Spandau Ballet - Auckland - 2015-05-10
https://we.tl/t-xfBJ9hUkED
Was Not Was Woburn Abbey June 1992
https://we.tl/t-Mh1Lavz5dl
Bucephalus
Big Gray, thank you for Bun E's Bootlegs!
RYP, thanks always for being a gracious host.
Would any kind folks have anything by Fern Jones? I can only see two albums by her: Fern Jones – The Glory Road, and Fern Jones – Singing A Happy Song
Many thanks
Stella
Gaius said:
@Stella + Fern Jones
Can't help you with the albums, but have a look here:
https://myfreemp3juices.cc/
Enter 'Fern Jones' into their search engine, they have a lot of tracks. Use Discogs as the reference
https://www.discogs.com/de/artist/1129464-Fern-Jones
and try to complete your albums by yourself.
I fully agree with the paragraph in red. It must be very frustrating when you try to do something good and then get complaints after all. I just don't understand the people who are doing that, but unfortunately it's not just your blog that's suffering from it. It's the whole society.
THROUGH THE DECADES 1
Hawaiian War Chant - Ames Brothers
Windy - The Association
Hey Grandma - Moby Grape
Beware of Darkness - George Harrison
You’re So Vain - Carly Simon
I Remember You - Frank Ifield
Can’t Find My Way Home - Blind Faith
Ballad Of Davy Crockett - Fess Parker
Hot Smoke and Sassafrass - Bubble Puppy
The Devil Went Down To Georgia - Charlie Daniels
Don’t It Make My Brown Eyes Blue - Crystal Gayle
Ain’t That A Shame - Fats Domino
Twisting By The Pool - Dire Straits
The Heat Is On - Glenn Frey
Hava Nagila - Dick Dale
I Ain’t Missing You - John Waite
Shout - The Isley Brothers
Little Coconut Palm - Jerry Wallace
Johnny Yuma Was A Rebel - Johnny Cash
Rock’N’Me - Steve Miller Band
Walk Away Renee - The Left Banke
Raindrops - Dee Clark
On The Road Again - Canned Heat
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly- Ennio Morricone
https://www114.zippyshare.com/v/F4nSBBKh/file.html
OR
https://www.mediafire.com/file/5omusppofatq4oi/TTD1.zip/file
@RYP - You know I'm a real old timer on this stupendous blog and I totally support your rule additions. This is the best, safest place on the internetorium!!
Thanks for all the work you and Gyro do.
RYP, you're an invaluble host !
You can't imagine know how much old collectors respect and appreciate your hard work !
As you know it, Internet is the hideaway of some embittered and envious cowards who seek by their wickedness to compensate for the emptiness of their lives.
Looking for The Bleeding Peaches "Oh God, It Smells So Bad, but at Least It's Corn". Verry rare. 60's doo wop
of all the things in the world to complain about, complaining about the quality of something offered in good faith at no cost is beyond my understanding
wasn't it Dead Kennedys who said 'Trash a bank if you're got real balls'? why not focus all that energy into making your own blog if you want a certain quality on tap? why beat on someone who's spent over a decade fine-tuning this well-oiled machine for the benefit of thousands?
simply a nonsensical waste of time & energy I will never comprehend.. learn to appreciate what you have or make something better!
by the way, it takes many fewer facial muscles to make a smile than it does to make a frown; TZ has brought multitudes of smiles to this face; the only frowns TZ has brought resulted from comments of those who earn my pity for their not seeing a bigger picture.. but that's on them, not me!
please keep calm, carry on & enjoy this marvelous resource & respect the logic behind the decisions made here in order for it to thrive & survive
@320:
Creepy John Thomas - Creepy John Thomas (1969)
https://uptobox.com/ye5lp4boh0vm
info: https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/497899-Creepy-John-Thomas-Creepy-John-Thomas
David Clayton-Thomas - David Clayton-Thomas (1972)
https://uptobox.com/nrfjbixm0qtj
info: https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/303612-David-Clayton-Thomas-David-Clayton-Thomas
Davy Graham - Hat (1969)
https://uptobox.com/lrj19feau3mv
info: https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/426080-Davy-Graham-Hat
RYP
I have always thought that you try to do the best to improve the longevity of this blog. Your rules help to keep a low profile and not upset the powers that be. The rules are sensible and have grown with the times. More power to you and I hope we grow old together. Thanks.
Hi Gyro.
I would like to give a very big thanks to Bob and Wally and also Little Boy Blue for showing Super nice stuff!
Many Thanks.
Jorma from Finland
I
Hello everybody!
@Bob; @WallyK, muchas muchas gracias, once again, for every track you have shared with us. You are doing an incredible job. Thanks, thanks, thanks...
@RYP, many thanks for making it possible.
Saludos from Madrid
thanks to Ramone666 for the Terry Allen Juarez posting I requested. much appreciated.
As a regular visitor and irregular contributor I'd like to add my support to @Ryp and his rules. There is a great community here as a result of the way @Ryp runs everything. @Ryp's blog - @Ryp's rules.
RYP, very good and open words. Thanks for the clarifications! I clap my hands for applause! :-)
RYP,
Dictatorship? I think that you are TOO kind with allowing people to post THREE albums a day! lol
You should just block any morons who don't abide by your rules. I'll repeat what I said years ago in the comments.
If you don't like it, start your own blog!
imnokid
Aaron Vincent
if your excellent selection on 11 and 12 is anything to go by I'd certainly appreciate the first ten of your mix tapes. Very pleasant listening.
RYP
Many thanks for this blog. Your rules are simple (unlike some private blogs) and your communication is polite (unlike some private blogs). You have helped and encouraged probably thousands of folk. Thankyou
@djmcblues2: Thank you for "Through the Decades 1."
it was said here.....In respect of RYP/Gyros rules here at TZ, I will no more post a FLAC/Losless, just 320 I think it was a great initiative by Searnav
many many times searnuff has told us HE IS DEAF and uses CHEAPO speakers so that is his reason for wanting low bitrates. Many of us even in our late 70's have great ears and can enjoy the clarity of quality sound. IMHO
Aaron Vincent,
Thanks much for the latest installments of Keep On Truckin'. I was hoping you'd continue. Great stuff.
@RYP
The concept of building and managing an entity (such as a blog) seems out of reach to some people. These include institutional complainers and self-centered idiots who are actually of much less importance than they believe. Ryp, just keep on doing good work. As always.
@Gaius - John Otway does a fun cover of Cheryl's Going Home.
@RYP - I'm down with however you want to run your blog. Thanks for keeping it going for so long.
Admittedly I am somewhat of a lurker here but I have been following this blog for probably close to 15 years. There are a couple of things that have been written about lately that I would like to address.
In that 15 years I have seen many blogs come and go. Many, like the one I had for a few years back in the early Y2Ks, were because posts kept on being being taken down. The fact that this blog has been going for 15 years is a testament to Ryp's love of music, dedication and his ability to stay one step ahead of the "internet police". So when he says no albums newer than 2019 and only 3 posts at a time, maybe it's because he's learned a thing or two about blogging and has come to the conclusion that this is the best way to avoid problems. Keeping a blog like this going with new posts every day, is a LOT of work. And constantly having to be on the lookout for people trying to flaunt the rules that are keeping it alive is unnecessary and demeaning. He deserves more respect than that.
Also, I am as much of a sound quality and format snob as anyone. In my perfect world every file posted here would be lossless and from the best possible sources for the ultimate in sound quality. But since this isn't my perfect world I have to be happy with what I get. I can't count how many times I have dl'd music by an artist that was new to me that I liked so much that I then went out and found in flac or some other lossless format. There are online sites like Bandcamp and Qobuz that sell albums in lossless format where the money goes to the artist. There is almost noting you can't find out there if you look hard enough. And as has been pointed out so many times, I'd rather have something in not-so-great 128 bitrate sound than not at all.
So maybe we need to take a step back and be grateful for what we have rather than be stuck in resentment because what we have is not exactly what we wish we could have.
Thank you Ryp, Gyro and everyone here who has shared the music they love so generously for us.
Please, does anyone have Leon Russell's HANK WILSON'S BACK? very hard to find. thank you all so much for the impossible.
I've been here so long that I can remember when Izzy and Lemontree were the only two to ever thank RYP on a daily basis. Even I was sometimes mute, usually because the day's offerings didn't attract me, or I already had them in my arsenal.
RYP, let me tell you, you always have my squeal of approval! Going on 10 years now, nearly 2.25TB downloaded, and still being surprised at least two or three times a week that I don't/didn't have something that you've posted here!
viel Freude!
sumgai
hello, I am new to this blog, and I found it amazing, I think I will hang for a while. I am trying to understand the "etiquette" of the place, so that I can fit it. I am not sure about how it works to ask for a repost of some stuff that was posted long ago. I would be interested in getting a repost of LEE FIELDS - Faithful Man (2012), which was posted on the blog back in 2013. I asked for it as a comment on the original post, and I am asking for it in the space as well, just in case that is the way it should be done.
Thank you in any event, and thank you for Twilight Zone, a true gem !
Best
@Anonymous (20 October 2022 at 00:04)
I repeat it for you, read it this time:
"However, if anyone wants to provide FLACS or other lossless files, they may do so as before."
@R-man
Thanks or your kind words, I'm glad you like the mixtapes :-)
@Stephen Ambrose
Groovy you like the truckin' mixes, i'll put out vol.1-3 on friday! Cheers.
@Aaron Vincent
Thanks for vol 11 & 12. I am interested in the first 10 volumes when you have time. I'm glad you included Timbercreek, a very little known band from the Santa Cruz mountains in California.
RYP
Just keep doing what you do. I appreciate your blog and I am very grateful for all the music that I never would have been exposed to.
Best regards
Zippy
@DEPRAVOS DE LA MOUR: Here is Leon Russell's "Hank Wilson's Back" as requested:
https://www49.zippyshare.com/v/mbnPjvF2/file.html
Post a Comment