Sunday, 9 October 2022

…and now for something completely different! 1820 - 2022

These fucking politicians, warlords and religious... They don't know that they are as superfluous as telephone disinfectors and hairdressers! - RYP

We have a first entry each day that is a picture or a video, and only in that entry you can place your music links and requests (NO ALBUMS RELEASED IN 2020 AND AFTER, AND A DAILY LIMIT OF 3 ALBUMS)! Here you can say what you like, unless it's offensive, racist or discriminatory! Please keep your language polite and respectful. All the rest official posts will only allow comments related to the official posts and such. That way it will keep things much more organized and tidy. Enjoy! RYP and Gyro1966

34 comments:

BigGray said...

Tedeschi Trucks Band

Part 12 of 13

2015.02.17-Grand Opera House Wilmington DE
https://www.imagenetz.de/iAi2G

01 - All That I Need - Tedeschi Trucks Band
02 - Made Up Mind - Tedeschi Trucks Band
03 - Until You Remember - Tedeschi Trucks Band
04 - Get What You Deserve - Tedeschi Trucks Band
05 - Do I Look Worried - Tedeschi Trucks Band
06 - Idle Wind - Tedeschi Trucks Band
07 - Learn How To Love - Tedeschi Trucks Band
08 - Shelter - Tedeschi Trucks Band
09 - I Pity The Fool - Tedeschi Trucks Band
10 - Midnight In Harlem - Tedeschi Trucks Band
11 - More & More - Tedeschi Trucks Band
12 - Bound For Glory - Tedeschi Trucks Band
13 - Let Me Get By - Tedeschi Trucks Band
14 - Break In The Road - Tedeschi Trucks Band

2017-Live From The Fox Oakland
https://www.imagenetz.de/e8H9F

Keep On Growing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0kXfPrHHcw

01 - Don't Know What It Means - Tedeschi Trucks Band
02 - Keep On Growing - Tedeschi Trucks Band
03 - Bird On The Wire - Tedeschi Trucks Band
04 - Within You Without You - Tedeschi Trucks Band
05 - Just As Strange - Tedeschi Trucks Band
06 - Crying Over You - Tedeschi Trucks Band
07 - These Walls - Tedeschi Trucks Band
08 - Anyhow - Tedeschi Trucks Band

01 - Right On Time - Tedeschi Trucks Band
02 - Leavin' Trunk - Tedeschi Trucks Band
03 - Don't Drift Away - Tedeschi Trucks Band
04 - I Want More (Soul Sacrifice outro) - Tedeschi Trucks Band
05 - I Pity The Fool - Tedeschi Trucks Band
06 - Ali - Tedeschi Trucks Band
07 - Let Me Get By - Tedeschi Trucks Band

Anonymous said...

Daniel Villarreal - Panamá 77 MP3
https://we.tl/t-pElv4JC4pS
Medeski, Martin & Wood + DJ Logic - Humboldt State University, Arcata CA 4.5.1999
https://we.tl/t-1Kcy2ea3v1
Snakefingers History of the Blues
https://we.tl/t-8FYn3rdErc

Bucephalus

Searnav said...


R.I.P. Jody Miller 2022-10-06

Jody Miller – Home Of The Brave

Capitol T-2412 (mono) (USA 1965)

1. Home Of The brave (2:47)
2. Born To Lose (3:23)
3. Big Time Love (2:38)
4. In My Room (2:29)
5. A Lonely Queen (3:13)
6. Only Love Can Break A Heart (2:27)
7. He Hit Me (2:29)
8. All I Really Want To Do (2:38)
9. Your Cheatin' Heart (2:47)
10. Let Me Get Close To You (2:13)
11. It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin' (3:25)

Vinyl Artwork Included (front, back, labels)

https://www50.zippyshare.com/v/qfdONVzW/file.html

Searnav said...


Les Chaussettes Noires avec Eddy Mitchell – Les Chaussettes Noires Story – Vol 1 et Vol 2

My double LP with gatefold cover: Barclay 920 461-462 (France 1974)

Track B5 is mistitled “Je Reviendrai” on label.
Track D1 is mistitled “Rolly Dolly” on label.

Disc 1

1. A1 Be Bop A Lula (Be-Bop-A-Lula) (2:00)
2. A2 Betty (Baby Blue) (2:47)
3. A3 Eddie Sois Bon (Johnny B. Goode) (2:13)
4. A4 La Bamba Rock (La Bamba) (1:48)
5. A5 Fou D'Elle (Everybody's Got A Date But Me) (1:56)
6. A6 Daniela (2:32)
7. B1 Le Twist (The Twist) (2:44)
8. B2 Quand Je Te Vois (Pretty Little Angel Eyes) (2:26)
9. B3 C'Est La Nuit (The Night Is So Lonely) (2:27)
10. B4 Peppermint Twist (1ère partie) (Peppermint Twist) (2:47)
11. B5 Je Reviendrai Bientôt (Willie And The Hand Jive) (2:25)
12. B6 La Leçon De Twist (Twistin' The Twist) (2:14)

Disc 2

1. C1 Tu Parles Trop (You Talk Too Much) (1:47)
2. C2 Volage (Runaround Sue) (2:47)
3. C3 Dactylo Rock (1:36)
4. C4 Hey Pony (Pony Time) (1:44)
5. C5 Le Chemin De La Joie (1:58)
6. C6 Oui Chef...Bien Chef (1:47)
7. D1 Roly Poly (Roly Poly) (2:08)
8. D2 Chérie ! Oh Chérie ! (Sugaree) (2:33)
9. D3 Ceci Est Mon Histoire (A Big Fat Saturday Night) (2:08)
10. D4 Parce Que Tu Sais (3:03)
11. D5 Ne Délaisse Pas (Gonna Get Back Home Somehow) (2:28)
12. D6 Ça Ne Peut Plus Durer Comme Ça (2:01)

Artwork Included (gatefold cover front, back, inside, labels)

https://www69.zippyshare.com/v/HL0wHuf8/file.html

Bob said...


Fidelity 78rpm 1951-1952

https://krakenfiles.com/view/36tPyREbn6/file.html

2000 - Roberta Martin Singers (lead Eugene Smith) - He's All I Need
2000 - Roberta Martin Singers (lead Norsalus McKissick) - Precious Memories
2002 - Cliff Japhet - Blue River Blues
2002 - Cliff Japhet - Gonna Shoot The Works
3000 - Joe Turner - Life Is Like A Card Game
3000 - Joe Turner - When the Rooster Crows
3001 - The Four Flames - Tabarin
3001 - The Four Flames - W-I-N-E
3002 - Sherman Williams Orchestra -The Bounce Part 1
3002 - Sherman Williams Orchestra with The Four Flames - The Bounce Part 2
3003 - Herman Manzy & His Orchestra - I'm Your Rockin' Man
3004 - Bumble Bee Slim - Ida Red
3004 - Bumble Bee Slim - Lonesome Old Feeling
3005 - Jo Jo Jackson - Boogie In The Groove
3005 - Jo Jo Jackson - Jumpin' And Stompin'
3006 - Smokey Hogg - Born On The 13th
3006 - Smokey Hogg - Crawdad
3007 - Joe Turner - After A While You'll Be Sorry
3007 - Joe Turner - Just A Travelin' Man
3008 - Pete McKinley - Cryin' For My Baby
3008 - Pete McKinley - Mean Black Snake
3009 - Clarence London - Goin' Back To Mama
3009 - Clarence London - One Rainy Morning

Aaron Vincent said...

Hey ho, let's go, it's a Björn Olsson sunday!

"Tjörn" (Video, 2003)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhhkGNLdYGI

"Göteborg" (Song, 2003)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-GpqqgqzrU

"Låt i H moll" (Song, 2006)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnVsmtO7wfo

And here is Rowlf & Zoot performing "Theme from Love Story"!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUVK3WoBUT0

Little Boy Blue said...



WEST COAST BLUES

The Duplex label

https://www.imagenetz.de/RgQad

Enjoy!

And, as every week: many thanks to Bob and Wallyk.

Bob said...

Can you help with these Jazz label tracks please?

Wanted SESSION Record Label 1943-1944

10-004 - Jesse Young - Flyin’ Santa Fe
10-004 - Jesse Young - Skipper

10-011 - Jimmy Jones & John Levy - Improvisations A2
10-011 - Jimmy Jones & John Levy - Improvisations D2

10-012 - Jimmy Jones & John Levy - Improvisations B
10-012 - Jimmy Jones & John Levy - Improvisations F

12-008 - The SESSION SIX - Big Oaks From Little Acorns Grow
12-008 - The SESSION SIX - I Wish On The Moon

12-009 - The SESSION SIX - Yesterdays
12-009 - The SESSION SIX - We Want In The Act

12-011 - Trummy Young Orchestra - The Man I Love pt1
12-011 - Trummy Young Orchestra - The Man I Love pt2

12-013 - PETE BROWN QUARTET - Eddie's Idea
12-013 - PETE BROWN QUARTET - Jimmy Dandy’s Blues

Ramone666 said...

Some good reads on a Sunday:

- Erin Osmon - Jason Molina: Riding With The Ghost
https://krakenfiles.com/view/wivdTIBDdi/file.html
- Viv Albertine - Clothes, Music, Boys
https://krakenfiles.com/view/JO6r8EcFQs/file.html
- Waylon Jennins with Lenny Kaye - Waylon An Autobiography
https://krakenfiles.com/view/1EoOEAWHYA/file.html

Please note these are in Mobi/AZW3 form, but can easily be converted to any format you like.

Vin said...

Continuing with classic Hawaiian recordings, this set features major prominent proponents of the genre:

King Bennie Nawahi - Hot Hawaiian Guitar (1928-1949) Yazoo 1074

https://www.imagenetz.de/Ka8nr

Kalama's Quartette – Early Hawaiian Classics (1927-30) Arhoolie/Folkyric 9022

https://www.imagenetz.de/bKwQ9

Sol Hoopii and His Novelty Quartette (1933-1934) Origin Jazz Library 3000

https://www.imagenetz.de/TqScP

Aaron Vincent said...

@Eric C


Here's you're requests about he aussie rockers The Angels:

Angels – The Angels (1977)
https://krakenfiles.com/view/L71LjrkM6t/file.html

The Angels - No Exit (1979) (Best album!)
ew/qMwp6Jsj4P/file.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Angels_(Australian_band)
https://theangels.com.au/
https://www.discogs.com/artist/290851-The-Angels

Sadly I missed their 2nd album, maybe some other friendly soul in here can help you :-)?

zigzagwanderer said...

Captain Beefheart Bootleg Series

Part 69



The Early Years 1959 - 1969
Compilation
[flac]

01 - Lost In A Whirlpool
02 - Teenage Maltshop
03 - Metal Man Has Lost His Wings
04 - Tupelo Mississippi
05 - Somebody's Walking
06 - Old Folks Boogie
07 - Evil
08 - Blues Jam
09 - Out Of The Frying Pan
10 - Almost Grown
11 - Call On Me
12 - Sure Nuff And Yes I Do
13 - Moody Liz
14 - Korn Ring Finger
15 - Frownland
16 - Ella Guru
17 - Hair Pie Bake 1-Hair Pie Bake 2
18 - Pauchuco Cadaver
19 - Sugar And Spikes
20 - Neon Meat Dream of a Octofish
21 - The Blimp
22 - Well Well Well

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ez2turb20c4ymr0/BeefEarlYears.rar/file



Bickershaw Festival
Lancashire
6th. May 1972
[flac]

01 - Hair Pie Bake III
02 - The Mascara Snake
03 - The Mascara Fake
04 - The Mascara For God's Sake
05 - When It Blows Its Stacks
06 - Click Clack
07 - Grow Fins
08 - Hobo Chang Ba
09 - I'm Gonna Booglarize You Baby
10 - Black Snake Moan
11 - Peon
12 - Abba Zaba
13 - Band Intros
14 - Alice In Blunderland
15 - My Human Gets Me Blues
16 - Steal Softly Thru Snow
17 - Golden Birdies
18 - Spitball Scalped Uh Baby

https://www.mediafire.com/file/kziokwz02vrazbi/BeefBickershaw'72.rar/file

la musica e vita said...

For RVP!
Sunday concerts for RnR free Sunday.

Jazz Icons - Rahsaan Roland Kirk: Live in France 1972
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fLCRLsrR-w

Rahsaan Roland Kirk, Kongsberg Jazz festival, Norway, 1967 (colorized)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffMYU4RVNPU

Roland Kirk - Live in Montreux 1972
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqCCo1bDhj4

wally k said...

wallyk said

some nice blues and uptempo r&b with some hard to find items
CASABLANCA BOOGIE
https://www.imagenetz.de/7xHSz

Randolph Carter said...

@Vin - Thanks for the continuing music of the islands. It's a nostalgic treat for a land-locked old guy.

Anonymous said...

Gaius said:

@Eric C. + Aaron Vincent + The Angels

Here's:

The Angels (Australia) - Face to Face, 1978
https://www.imagenetz.de/LhR27

And here's some British Folk on Sunday (just a youtube d/l, but found it no other way:

Julie Mairs & Chris Stowell (UK) - Soft Blue Sea, 1977
https://www.imagenetz.de/i5cdx

Anonymous said...

Gaius said:

German music scene - The sound of the Cities Part I

O.K. some more impressions about the development of German Rock music. I've made a few notations about German musicians tried to struggle themselves free from the anglo-american role models and the objective difficulties of the past (Nazi times) when trying to find their own tradition and style.

One of the first bigger bands in the 60's were 'The Rattles (Hamburg) and 'The Petards' (small town in Hessen). While the Rattles have their close connections (touring and 'Star Club') to the Beatles and the Stones, you are able to hear on the first Petards records how the band tried to find their own style, while always playing some anglo-american standards:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tJWp_8dTAc

The next remarkable step was the centering of musicians round the big German cities, Hamburg, Munich, Berlin, Cologne, Düsseldorf, Hanover. And please remember, that was a time, when 2 Germany did exist. Me, who's living in the very west (near the border to the Netherlands), I'm talking about West Germany (in the East, a totally different story was going on).

It became quite clear that the sound of the cities was different after a short while. The Beat of Hamburg (City Preachers, Rattles..) developed to the Blues Rock for quite the whole 70's and the medieval sound of 'Ougenweide', until new acts like 'Novalis' (Prog) 'Kastrierte Philosophen' (80's) and Tocotronic (90's) established a new sound.

In Hanover, the 'Scorpions' took the Hard Rock stages and developed themselves to an international act with worldwide success which no other German band could have topped regarding the time, number of albums, chart positions, touring..., followed in the 80's by Blind Guardian (Hard Rock, Metal) and later Rammstein as the big international ones.

clash said...

Various Artists - Seven Inchers Vol. 32 45’s

Tamiko Jones With Herbie Mann ‎- A Man And A Woman/Sidewinder 7" (1966)
https://www.discogs.com/Tamiko-Jones-With-Herbie-Mann-A-Man-And-A-Woman-Sidewinder/release/3730089

Anna King & Bobby Byrd - Baby Baby Baby/Baby Baby Baby (Instrumental Version) 7" (1964)
https://www.discogs.com/Anna-King-Bobby-Byrd-Baby-Baby-Baby/release/2622775

Syl Johnson - Dresses Too Short/I Can Take Care Of Business 7" (1968)
https://www.discogs.com/Syl-Johnson-Dresses-Too-Short-I-Can-Take-Care-Of-Business/release/2573036

Boris Gardiner Happening - Happiness Is A Warm Pussin/Lock Jaw 7" (1973)
https://www.45cat.com/record/d641

The Intruders - I'm Girl Scoutin'/Wonder What Kind Of Bag She's In 7" (1971)
https://www.discogs.com/The-Intruders-Im-Girl-Scoutin/release/10453246

The Raelets - Into Something Fine/A Lover's Blues 7" (1967)
https://www.45cat.com/record/45trc976

Ray Sharpe - Linda Lu/Red Sails In The Sunset 7" (1959)
https://www.45cat.com/record/nc108256us

Solomon Burke - Love's Street And Fool's Road/I Got To Tell It 7" (1972)
https://www.45cat.com/record/k14353

Merry Clayton - One More Ride/If I Lose 7" (1975)
https://www.45cat.com/record/ode66116s

Dee Dee Warwick - She Didn't Know (She Kept On Talking)/Make Love To Me 7" (1970)
https://www.45cat.com/record/456754

Don Covay - Somebody's Been Enjoying My Home/Bad Mouthing 7" (1973)
https://www.45cat.com/record/73430

Peggy Scott & Jo Jo Benson - Soulshake/We Were Made For Each Other 7" (1969)
https://www.45cat.com/record/sss761

Wilson Pickett - The Best Part Of A Man/How Will I Ever Know 7" (1975)
https://www.discogs.com/Wilson-Pickett-The-Best-Part-Of-A-Man/release/9684915

The Impressions - This Time/I'm A Fool For Love 7" (1976)
https://www.discogs.com/The-Impressions-This-Time-Im-A-Fool-For-Love/release/6224245

King Curtis And The Noble Knights - Wobble Twist/Twistin' With The King 7" (1962)
https://www.45cat.com/record/nc177219us

James Carr - You've Got My Mind Messed Up/That's What I Want To Know 7" (1968)
https://www.discogs.com/James-Carr-Youve-Got-My-Mind-Messed-Up-Thats-What-I-Want-To-Know/release/2917971

All @320 and all in one zip file
https://www86.zippyshare.com/v/Batv9U6P/file.html

clash said...

Song – Song Album (1970) Vinyl @320
https://www39.zippyshare.com/v/7e4qmmdE/file.html
https://www.discogs.com/Song-Song-Album/release/3828473

Ramones ‎– Leave Home (1977) Vinyl @320
https://www14.zippyshare.com/v/aOajoi5D/file.html
https://www.discogs.com/Ramones-Leave-Home/release/11337637

Bob said...

@ Vin

Thanks for the early Hawaiian music.


@ Little Boy Blue

Thanks for the Blues/R&B labels


@ wallyk

Thanks for the never-ending R&B

Aaron Vincent said...

@Gaius

Thank for the words about about the grman rock scwn, well done, hope to read more in the near future if you hade the time and inpiration! :_)

lemonflag said...

Happy birthday John, I still miss you.

EricC said...

@Aaron Vincent & @Gaius

Thank you so much! What I meant was that got me going watching live videos. I'm a big fan and that is my favorite version of Mr Damage.

But, they are up there for others to listen to, and they should. One of the best hard rock bands of that era, and Doc Neeson is one of the greatest front men ever in rock music. The first time I heard about them was in Trouser Press magazine. The interviewer asked him how he got warmed up for the insanity onstage and he said that he tried to run a mile right before the show, and go right on the stage at the end of the mile.

Aaron Vincent said...

@Gaius

Thanks mate.fr filling the gap in The Angels ealy discography, upi're a true wizzards! ;-=


@Everybody

I'm trying to put togeter a serires of mixtapes with "Sounds Like The Byrds", I 'm halfway, but still miss some track in my poinion, do you fanas of Byrds (or music lovers in th post jangle-pop-Byrds-er) have any auggestions for me? I will credit you all it the songs fit it! Thanks people! :-D

winston smith said...

@aaron vincent i am having trouble with the link for " no exit " by the angels .can you help ? thanks

Music Of The Seventies said...

@320:

Sounds Incorporated - Sounds Incorporated (1970)
https://uptobox.com/4jnhv4i2uf08
info: https://www.discogs.com/fr/release/7093601-Sounds-Incorporated-Sounds-Incorporated

Black Cat Bones - Barbed Wire Sandwich (1970)
https://uptobox.com/qdzbrwhurf4i
info: https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/18363-Black-Cat-Bones-Barbed-Wire-Sandwich

Bo Hansson - El-Ahrairah (1976)
https://uptobox.com/o8k1w32im84u
info: https://www.discogs.com/fr/release/3360420-Bo-Hansson-El-Ahrairah

Searnav said...

Aaron, there are already several "Byrds Sounding" compilations circulating. I don't know which tracks you already have but I sure can add many.

Anonymous said...

Try

https://krakenfiles.com/view/qMwp6Jsj4P/file.html

djmcblues2 said...

TELEVISION

TV Crazy - Little Charlie & Nightcats
Mary Tyler Moore - Clowns For Progress
TV Mama - Big Joe Turner
TV Star - Butthole Surfers
All The TV’s In Town - Handsome Family
Laverne And Shirley - No Use For A Name
Television Man - Talking Heads
TV Set - The Cramps
TV Mama - Danny Gatton
Saved By The Bell - The Cretins
I Should Watch TV - David Byrne/St Vincent
TV Eye - Iggy Pop
TV Light - Smokin’ Joe Kubek
WKRP In Cinanniti - Weston
Television Light - Marshall Crenshaw
Goin’ Crazy Over TV - Jimmy Anderson
TV Mama - Johnny Winter
TVC 15 - David Bowie
Dukes Of Hazzard - Hot Water
Television Eye - John Mayall
Green Acres - The Meatmen
Diff’rent Strokes - Todd Bridges
TV Mama - Freddie King
Secret Agent Man - The Dickies

https://www60.zippyshare.com/v/KTym7GW7/file.html
OR
https://www.mediafire.com/file/x6b7wvc2onrh6jg/Television.zip/file

djmcblues2 said...

RYP - If you already posted this, please skip this one! Thanks.

TELEVISION

TV Crazy - Little Charlie & Nightcats
Mary Tyler Moore - Clowns For Progress
TV Mama - Big Joe Turner
TV Star - Butthole Surfers
All The TV’s In Town - Handsome Family
Laverne And Shirley - No Use For A Name
Television Man - Talking Heads
TV Set - The Cramps
TV Mama - Danny Gatton
Saved By The Bell - The Cretins
I Should Watch TV - David Byrne/St Vincent
TV Eye - Iggy Pop
TV Light - Smokin’ Joe Kubek
WKRP In Cinanniti - Weston
Television Light - Marshall Crenshaw
Goin’ Crazy Over TV - Jimmy Anderson
TV Mama - Johnny Winter
TVC 15 - David Bowie
Dukes Of Hazzard - Hot Water
Television Eye - John Mayall
Green Acres - The Meatmen
Diff’rent Strokes - Todd Bridges
TV Mama - Freddie King
Secret Agent Man - The Dickies

https://www60.zippyshare.com/v/KTym7GW7/file.html
OR
https://www.mediafire.com/file/x6b7wvc2onrh6jg/Television.zip/file

Jeff in Sydney said...

Ahh, The Angels, known in North America as Angel City. Their concerts in their 1978/80 heyday were sensational live shows, absolutely epic, rock n roll tours de force. Doc Neeson simply whipped the crowds into a frenzy. Have never anything like it, before or since. How well I remember the audience at Macquarie University having to pass those who had fainted over their heads to the rear of the hall to receive attention, so packed it was.

ralph11 said...

@ Vin

Many thanks for the recent Hawaiian music files. I actually picked up 5 of your 6 posts. Which surprised me as I already have a pretty comprehensive hawaiian section. I'll be looking forward to your next postings.

Andyrock66 said...

Hello everybody!
I need a help| I'm desperately looking for this one:

Sweet Pain - Sweet Pain Too Featuring David Riordan And Rob Moitoza (1973)

Can you help me please? Thank you very much in advance!

Anonymous said...

I think Angel City is one of the rockinest outfits I've heard, yet I've not encountered many who know anything about them. Thusly, I feel they are one of the most underrated bands out there.
A band I had used to do "Marseilles" by them.
Cj