We have a first entry each day that is a picture or a video, and only in that entry you can place your music links and requests (NO ALBUMS RELEASED IN 2020 AND AFTER, AND A DAILY LIMIT OF 3 ALBUMS AND NO REQUESTS FOR FLAC OR OTHER LOSSLESS, IF YOU WANT FLAC, BUY THE ALBUM)! Here you can say what you like, unless it's offensive, racist or discriminatory! Please keep your language polite and respectful.
All the rest official posts will only allow comments related to the official posts and such. That way it will keep things much more organized and tidy.
Enjoy! RYP and Gyro1966
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

58 comments:
Fats Domino – 20 Rock ‘n’ Roll Hits
Liberty 1A 062-82 750 (The Netherlands 1979)
Third in a series of 14 LPs. Thanks to the people at RH for the idea and to Uncle Gil for most of the files.
1. A1 Blueberry Hill (2:29)
2. A2 Be My Guest (2:02)
3. A3 My Girl Josephine (2:03)
4. A4 I Hear You Knocking (1:58)
5. A5 The Fat Man (2:39)
6. A6 Blue Monday (2:25)
7. A7 Walking To New Orleans (2:02)
8. A8 Ain't That A Shame (2:34)
9. A9 My Blue Heaven (2:07)
10. A10 I Want To Walk You Home (2:22)
11. B1 Whole Lotta Loving (1:42)
12. B2 Country Boy (2:18)
13. B3 Let The Four Winds Blow (2:05)
14. B4 It Keeps Raining (2:42)
15. B5 Jambalaya (On The Bayou) (2:27)
16. B6 I'm Ready (2:05)
17. B7 Going To The River (2:34)
18. B8 I'm Walking (2:06)
19. B9 Goin' Home (2:14)
20. B10 Red Sails In The Sunset (2:00)
Artwork included (LP front, back, labels and CD front, back, booklet, CD) (from various sources)
https://www69.zippyshare.com/v/Xlsh0CKf/file.html
Various Artists – Those Byrds Have Flown
“A Byrdsian Tribute”
Power Pop Criminal$ Records 10212011 (Europe 2011)
Not available in stores – a fan compilation – thanks to him
The artwork is based on The Byrds “Preflyte” LP cover with some changes brought.
The Byrds jingle-jangle sound is all over the place.
1. The Soft Boys - The Bells Of Rhymney (3:22)
2. Bill Fox - Electrocution (3:03)
3. The Fraternal Order Of The All - Space And Time (3:24)
4. The Grip Weeds - Strange Bird (7' Version) (2:57)
5. Lolas - Doctor Apache (3:54)
6. Rockfour - Where The Byrds Fly (3:34)
7. The Pribata Idaho - Bad Boys Dream (3:08)
8. Billy Sullivan - Everywhere I Go (2:29)
9. The Rhinos - She's A Lucky Girl (4:06)
10. Jack & The Beanstalk - 10,000 Sunny Days (2:23)
11. The Bevis Frond - He'd Be A Diamond (2:44)
12. Starry Eyed & Laughing - One Foot In The Boat (4:12)
13. Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Listen To Her Heart (3:01)
14. Jimmy Silva & The Goats - City Of Sisterly Love (3:24)
15. The Dukes Of Stratosphear - You're My Drug (3:17)
16. Bobby Sutliff - Stupid Idea (3:21)
17. The Indicators - Say Goodnight (2:32)
18. The Lears - The Byrd That Couldn't Fly (3:16)
19. Marc Carroll - Crashpad Number (2:49)
20. Matt Bruno - Simply Yours (3:01)
21. Velvet Crush - Gentle Breeze (3:09)
22. Teenage Fanclub - Ain't That Enough (3:43)
23. Blue Cartoon - Everyday Magic (2:40)
24. The Lovetones - Memory Lane (2:01)
25. Jeremy - Church of Byrds (3:37)
Artwork Included (front, back, inside, CD)
https://www55.zippyshare.com/v/De5vyJad/file.html
Various Artists – L’America Del Rock
5 – La Musica Della Rivoluzione Del Fiori
EMI Italiana - AdR-05 (Italy 1994)
Edizionni La Republica
« Non In Vendita » (« Not For Sale » sampler)
Also released on cassette.
The picture (actually a drawing) on the back of the front cover is Clarence White, Roger McGuinn and David Crosby from The Byrds. This drawing is a montage, as Clarence White and David Crosby were never part of the band at the same time.
The picture on the front cover is a truncated image of the same drawing (no Clarence White).
1. Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love (2:54)
2. The Byrds - Eight Miles High (3:37)
3. Jorma Kaukonen - Genesis (4:21)
4. The Kingsmen - Louie Louie (2:46)
5. Count Five - Psychotic Reaction (3:06)
6. The Turtles - Happy Together (2:54)
7. Quicksilver Messenger Service - Who Do You Love (8:52)
8. The Byrds - Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season) (3:45)
9. 13th Floor Elevators - Roller Coaster (5:05)
10. The Box Tops - The Letter (1:54)
11. Grateful Dead - Dark Star (11:18)
12. Paul Kantner, Grace Slick, David Freiberg - Sketches Of China (5:17)
Artwork Included (front, back, CD (freshly scanned from my CD) and Cassette front, back, cassette) (from Discogs)
https://www102.zippyshare.com/v/UszN0ZVL/file.html
Cheap Trick
Part 8 of 19
1997-Cheap Trick
https://www.imagenetz.de/dZ7A2
01 - Anytime - Cheap Trick
02 - Hard To Tell - Cheap Trick
03 - Carnival Game - Cheap Trick
04 - Shelter - Cheap Trick
05 - You Let A Lotta People Down - Cheap Trick
06 - Baby No Name - Cheap Trick
07 - Yeah Yeah - Cheap Trick
08 - Say Goodbye - Cheap Trick
09 - Wrong All Along - Cheap Trick
10 - Eight Miles Low - Cheap Trick
11 - It All Comes Back To You - Cheap Trick
12 - Baby Talk - Cheap Trick
13 - Brontosaurus - Cheap Trick
1997-In Color - The Unreleased Steve Albini Sessions
https://www.imagenetz.de/hJSAm
01 - Hello There - Cheap Trick
02 - Big Eyes - Cheap Trick
03 - Downed - Cheap Trick
04 - I Want You to Want Me - Cheap Trick
05 - You're All Talk - Cheap Trick
06 - Oh Caroline - Cheap Trick
07 - Clock Strikes Ten - Cheap Trick
08 - Southern Girls - Cheap Trick
09 - Come On, Come On - Cheap Trick
10 - So Good to See You - Cheap Trick
11 - Fan Club (Outtake) - Cheap Trick
12 - I Want You to Want Me (Alternate Version) - Cheap Trick
13 - Can't Hold On (Outtake) - Cheap Trick
14 - I'm Losing You (Outtake) - Cheap Trick
15 - Oh Caroline (Alternate Version) - Cheap Trick
16 - Radio Lover (Red Ant Session) [Bonus Track] - Cheap Trick
17 - Baby No More (Red Ant Demo - Tom vocals) [Bonus Track] - Cheap Trick
18 - Heart on the Line (Red Ant Session) [Bonus Track] - Cheap Trick
19 - Rosie (Red Ant Session) [Bonus Track] - Cheap Trick
I know zigzagwanderer posted this album, but there are four bonus tracks here that were missing from that version.
1999-Music For Hangovers
https://www.imagenetz.de/fsbMR
01 - Oh Claire - Cheap Trick
02 - Surrender - Cheap Trick
03 - Hot Love - Cheap Trick
04 - I Can't Take It - Cheap Trick
05 - I Want You To Want Me - Cheap Trick
06 - Taxman Mr. Thief - Cheap Trick
07 - Mandocello - Cheap Trick
08 - Oh Caroline - Cheap Trick
09 - How Are You? - Cheap Trick
10 - If You Want My Love - Cheap Trick
11 - Dream Police - Cheap Trick
12 - So Good To See You - Cheap Trick
13 - The Ballad Of T.V. Violence - Cheap Trick
14 - Gonna Raise Hell - Cheap Trick
Hey ho, let's go, it's a Scott Walker tuesday!
"The Seventh Seal" (Ingmar Bergman fan Video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejiWfG-vOXo
"Lights Of Cincinnati" (TV, 1969)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo7Py7yArac
"The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore" (Beat Club, 1966)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTljMHlyA1o
And here are The Muppets "Talking Machine" on The Ed Sullivan Show 1967!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-sgxDGuMDU
Hi all.
Ace Records of Jackson, MS is well-known for tapping the New Orleans sound in the 1950's as well as many teen-oriented artists [with a Southern feel]. These three CDs [with three more to follow tomorrow] chronicle the label's blues output from1954-59. FLAC files with complete scans, including booklets. 7-day links.
Ace Blues Masters vol.1 https://we.tl/t-e3JnYHGCzQ
Ace Blues Masters vol.2 - https://we.tl/t-XuZihwvthi
Ace Blues Masters vol.3 - https://we.tl/t-QbF2KFiu2M
Enjoy,
- Ron
Billboard R&B 1962 Part 2
1. Ty Hunter & The Voice Masters - Lonely Baby (2:48)
2. Ty Hunter & The Voice Masters - Gladness To Sadness (3:02)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1sdQdMjQnYg9hQSmHY28x3YN3ITyZBMPl
pass: U12.10.22
Billboard R&B 1963 Part 1 (Hits that didn’t enter other Charts, updated & remastered)
1. The Googie Rene Combo - Flapjacks Part 1 (2:45)
2. The Googie Rene Combo - Flapjacks Part 2 (2:34)
3. "Sonny Boy" Williamson - Help Me (3:10)
4. "Sonny Boy" Williamson - Bye Bye Bird (2:35)
5. Otis Redding - Mary's Little Lamb (2:37)
6. Otis Redding - That's What My Heart Needs (2:39)
7. Mitty Collier - I'm Your Part Time Love (2:53)
8. Mitty Collier - Don't You Forget It (2:09)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ty_mhTrYIBoIuHIylqbl9_Hsqjc_GKEa
pass: U12.10.22
Japanese guitarist Makoto Kubota is Interesting guy to say the least. Check out this interview to see what I mean: https://aquariumdrunkard.com/2020/12/14/makoto-kubota-the-aquarium-drunkard-interview/
And here's the deluxe edition of his 1975 album Hawaii Champroo, recorded with his Sunset Gang, which comes with a bonus disc called Jakarta Champur.
https://www.discogs.com/release/15640717-久保田麻琴と夕焼け楽団-Hawaii-Champroo
My rip @320, enjoy here:
https://krakenfiles.com/view/AdkQGML8WM/file.html
- Ammor 78rpm 1940
https://krakenfiles.com/view/WYkLfo7LBp/file.html
100 - Larry Breese & His Orchestra - I Found a New Baby
100 - Larry Breese & His Orchestra (voc. Four Toppers) - Carry Me Back To Old Virginia
101 - Larry Breese & His Orchestra (voc. Dyanna Gayle) - What's New
101 - Larry Breese & His Orchestra (voc. Four Toppers) - Jumpin' Jive
104 - The Pied Pipers - Crazy Rhythm
104 - The Pied Pipers - Piggie Wiggy Woo
106 - Larry Breese & His Orchestra (voc. Berna Deane) - Good Morning
106 - Larry Breese & His Orchestra (voc. Dyanna Gayle) - Stop Kicking My Heart Around
108 - King Cole - I Like to Riff
108 - King Cole - On the Sunny Side of the Street
109 - King Cole - Black Spider Stomp
109 - King Cole - By The River St. Marie
110 - Ceelle Burke & His Orchestra - Summertime Gal
110 - Ceelle Burke & His Orchestra - You And Fair Hawaii
111 - Ceelle Burke & His Orchestra - The Lady And The Melody
111 - Ceelle Burke & His Orchestra - When the Swallows Come Back To Capistrano
112 - Ceelle Burke & His Orchestra - At The Bend Of The River
112 - Ceelle Burke & His Orchestra - You'll Always Be Mine
114 - Claude Hopkins & His Orchestra (voc. Herman Autry) - I'd Believe In You
114 - Claude Hopkins & His Orchestra (voc. Orlando Roberson) - The Singing Hills
115 - Claude Hopkins & His Orchestra - Out To Lunch
115 - Claude Hopkins & His Orchestra (voc. Orlando Roberson) - What’s The Matter With Me
116 - Claude Hopkins & His Orchestra - Yacht Club Swing
116 - Claude Hopkins & His Orchestra (voc. Orlando Roberson) - A Little Rain Must Fall
118 - Seger Ellis & His Orchestra - Way Down
118 - Seger Ellis & His Orchestra (v Irene Taylor) - With Wind and Rain In Your Hair
Gaius said:
Bingo has shared Parzival + 'Legend' yesterday. Here's their other album:
Parival (Germany) - BaRock, 1973
https://www.imagenetz.de/4frHM
The Title says it all.
ALAN PARSONS - Live Robot
https://we.tl/t-HdETGHVpu2
Australian Pink Floyd - Clearwater, FL - 10-23-08
Bucephalus
Gaius said:
...And continuing with 'Halfway', fine Australian Country Rock:
Halfway (Australia) - Any old Love, 2014
https://www.imagenetz.de/HMCra
Gaius said:
Some really hard stuff for the avantgardists.
Brigitte Fontaine is a French avantgarde + Jazz Singer and poet. Sometimes she worked together with composer Areski Belkacem. In this special case the legendary 'Art Ensemble of Chicago' contributed some Free Jazz too. So beware...
Brigitte Fontqaine & Areski + Art Ensempble of Chicago (France / USA) - Comme la Radio, 1969
https://www.imagenetz.de/433TA
Undisputed Truth – Law Of The Land (1973) Vinyl @320
https://www34.zippyshare.com/v/8PbBLJnu/file.html
https://www.discogs.com/Undisputed-Truth-Law-Of-The-Land/release/578683
Kingfish – Kingfish (1976) Vinyl @320
https://www65.zippyshare.com/v/0PiKzhsU/file.html
https://www.discogs.com/Kingfish-Kingfish/release/10830746
Steve Forbert – Steve Forbert (1982) Vinyl @320
https://www49.zippyshare.com/v/U8BejUn4/file.html
https://www.discogs.com/Steve-Forbert-Steve-Forbert/release/2682536
Many thanks imnokid for
3 Checkmates albums
@- Ron
Not meaning to piss in anyone's corn flakes, but m4a isn't flac.
RYP,
If you like the Crawdaddies,
try these guys,
Big Al and The Heavyweights - Eat More Crawfish
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMByXxyGyCw&list=RDKMByXxyGyCw&start_radio=1&rv=KMByXxyGyCw&t=77
I would eat more 'Crawfish' if I could afford it at today's prices.
Enjoy!
To contribute to the &8's posts - (thanks and keep em coming)
78 RPM Discs 1928-1932 Singers and orchestra 110 min. mix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfKrxELm4ug
@djmcblues2 - Thanks for Guitar Town 1
@Herick M
Thanks alot for Miss Ludella Black, great Medway garage-pop!
Here is another from members of Parzival.
Lothar Siems & Walter Quintus - 1977 - Der Fuhrer
I met Lothar Siems for a session 15 years ago.But there was no
further development.Time stood still so I played in another band.
https://www.imagenetz.de/GDUVo
wallyk said
MODERN label is another major R&B and BLUES label,much already
issued,hope there are some lesser known on this compilation
MODERN RECORDS VOL.1
https://www.imagenetz.de/RXz3n
@anonymous
Yes, but Ron's files are lossless, which is the main thing. The actual format hardly matters,does it, as conversion from almost anything to almost anything is really easy.
A bit more gratitude, rather than negativity, might be appropriate.
Request! Does anyone have Famous Potatoes (1985) - an album by The Neighbors? Much appreciated if you could share it.
Beyes
Has anybody got Bill Medley's Almost Home album that they could share? Thanx in advance.
imnokid
Someone should start a blog called FLAC ONLY so I can stop reading about "Flac please" on all of my favorite blogs. You want a record, ask for it. If It's not Flac, don't bitch. It's free. Someone took the time to drag the files in a folder, upload them and post a link.
I like hi res as much as the next guy. When I rip to my drive I use apple lossless. But I am just as cool with mp3@320. If I have an old download that is less than 320 and I come across one, I replace the old.
But I won't turn down a 192 of a rare album if I want to hear it.
That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!
imnokid
WallyK, your comps look great, and I would love to have them in my library, but nothing is tagged. I downloaded several, but then deleted as they all show up as unknown. Too bad for me.
imnokid
Anyone have The Moody's DeLuxe To Our Children's Children's Children?
people who have liked the byrds posts, people who want some jutta hipp, and jazz aficionados should stop by the plop cave:
http://my.cbox.ws/~7-701688-dqqwwj
Bucephalus
Re: Beyes request: The Neighbors - Famous Potatoes [1985]:
-----------------
Ah, my Bay Area friend John Moreman's 80's Washington, DC band. It was he who turned me onto their music when they issued a 2-cd collection called Power Pop Art in 1996 on the Spanish power-pop label Bam Balam, and later found their 2 vinyl lps. Posting both of those today. Not my rips tho from a music collector friend.
The Neighbors - Famous Potatoes [1985]
https://www.mediafire.com/file/wmqjmc2ihrbrxf6/Neigh85FamoPota.zip/file
The Neighbors - Welcome Wagon [1987]
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6nfmb1494e2pnkp/Neigh87WelcWgon.zip/file
Probably my favorite tune of theirs - Everybody's Got One
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRcQIRRct60
Cheers...
Well said Imnokid! I fully agree with you!
@320:
Corte Dei Miracoli - Corte Dei Miracoli (1976)
https://uptobox.com/nh9pbqrk1fg9
info: https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/300736-Corte-Dei-Miracoli-Corte-Dei-Miracoli
Coven - Coven (1972)
https://uptobox.com/x2akzddlabod
info: https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/433596-Coven-Coven
Creepy John Thomas - Brother Bat Bone (1970)
https://uptobox.com/3x3qugt2dplt
info: https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/404041-Creepy-John-Thomas-Brother-Bat-Bone
imnokid, i'm in the process of cleaning up the tagging and spelling mess in many of the recent 45 and 78 compilations shared by wallyk and others. i don't have a lot of time for it, so doing it bit by bit and i'll post them gradually in the coming weeks. i'm grateful for the shares, but for those of us who care about tagging and proper info, they can be a headache.
RYP, maybe you should add "and no requests for FLAC or lossless" in your daily ANFSCD notice. I too can't stand this audiophile snobbery anymore. These people need softwares to check the bitrates, which proves that their ears can't hear the difference (if any).
@imnokid. Regarding the WallyK comps: Opening them with foobar2000, they are fully tagged.
@George Leroy Tirebiter - thank you very much for fulfilling my Neighbors reuqest! Very....neighborly of you!
I live in the suburbs of DC and local power popper Edward O'Connell just released a new album in which he covers their "Sad and Lonely."
On a sad note, I just heard the great singer, Robert Gordon passed away at 75 today. RIP. What an amazing singer. Love those Link Wray, Chris Spedding, and Danny Gatton albums he put out over the years. I am also glad I caught him live several times over the years. Though I never ask with this group, as much as I enjoy the music you all share - THANK YOU, I welcome any Robert Gordon one may have. DI in SF
@ Searnav
Ravi de savoir qu'il y aura d'autres albums de Fats Waller ! But if I can make a suggestion, it's : please take your time. Very often, you make the same thing as RYP, one album from time to time, and I love that way ! It gives me the time to listen to an album and to listen again the next day and to listen again another day. It was the way how I was discovering my albums when I was a teenager....Perhaps is it silly, but I take much pleasure to discover an album during several days, than to try to discover 3 or 5 albums of the same artist in just one day. But, we are all different and we have all different ways to discover new albums. But, I'm not logical with myself : when I'm watching videos of an artist on YT, I'm only watching differents songs during several hours (same thing when I discover an artist on YT). Thanks again for all your shares !
@imnokid, @RYP and @KansasJoe,
As regards @WallyK's files, I recommend using the wonderful free tagscanner to properly tag his files. His all caps file names can be changed to Title Case but doing so is rather confusing, so here's a tip: Note the "Program Options" tag at the top-right of the software. From there go to "Transformations" and tic "change case" and from the "Change Case" field on the right, select "capitalize each word" from the drop-down menu.
With tagscanner you will also be able to include the embedded file numbers for each track.
The software can be found here: https://www.xdlab.ru/en/
Hope this helps,
- Ron
Re: wallyk files
wallyk files are not digital, they come primarily from 78RPM records. He is kind enough to share songs that very few people in the whole world have or even know. You expect him to also type out the property details on two dozen files a day. Speaking for myself, I'm extremely grateful that he's generous enough to share these rare gems. If the price of acquiring them is to tag the files yourself, it's a minuscule price to pay in order to have these one of a kind recordings.
He asks nothing in return, other than to just enjoy his posts. Quit the gripping and just appreciate these posts while they last.
Many of the same people here who lecture people because they say are "complaining" about FLACS turn right around and complain about tags.
Imnokid said:
Someone should start a blog called FLAC ONLY so I can stop reading about "Flac please" on all of my favorite blogs. You want a record, ask for it. If It's not Flac, don't bitch. It's free. Someone took the time to drag the files in a folder, upload them and post a link.
another imnokid said:
I would love to have them in my library, but nothing is tagged. I downloaded several, but then deleted as they all show up as unknown.
There is a big difference between politely requesting vs complaining. There is never any harm in a polite request.
To me, a polite request for a specific format seems less aggressive and less insulting than a post saying, "I can't stand this audiophile snobbery anymore."
The polite request is not an attack on or put-down of anyone.
But I'm certain that people who think like the police would love another rule to enforce.
@ imnokid, I couldn't agree more, well said. I appreciate that people want the best quality files they can obtain, but honestly , if I'm in search of something, I'm happy to find it in whatever format. Any bitrate beats zero. In any event, at this late date, I can't tell the difference in most listening situations, certainly not in the car.
KCJoe
I never heard of foobar. I have a mac and use itunes to store my files. I always just drag the files into my library and they appear tagged. All of his appear as unknown.
erasmus that would be great if you would do that. Each time I got what I thought would be a great listen, I dragged them into itunes, and when they showd up as unknown, I just trashed them. I have been away from TZ for months due to being busy and I certainly don't have the time to re-tag things. Shit, I have literally THOUSANDS of things I have downloaded and yet to listen to! lol
Searnav
hahahahahhaaha
you are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO right!!!
If they want flac, go BUY THE FUCKING ALBUM!!!
Thanx RYP
Here's an earlier Halfway album for anyone interested:
2004 - Farewell To The Fainthearted
https://www.mediafire.com/file/dq44x1lvkvwvmrn/HalFarFain.rar/file
and for Gaius [and anyone else interested] the only Busby Marou I have [would appreciate any other]
2019 -The Great Divide
https://www.mediafire.com/file/sg5ci22fb12dtwj/BM_-_TGD.rar/file
Not my downloads but both at 320. Thanks to original uploader.
Cheers,
Tez
oops...
Australian Pink Floyd - Clearwater, FL - 10-23-08
https://we.tl/t-BXBLoxXuM4
Bucephalus
Please read the supplement to our rules on the main page:
(NO ALBUMS RELEASED IN 2020 AND AFTER, AND A DAILY LIMIT OF 3 ALBUMS AND NO REQUESTS FOR FLAC OR OTHER LOSSLESS, IF YOU WANT FLAC, BUY THE ALBUM)
However, if anyone wants to provide FLACS or other lossless files, they may do so as before.
@RYP
Sounds to me like you need to take a break. You might be turning into a crabby, authoritarian old man.
@lighten_up,
if you think so... What would you say if the blog was shut down because of things like this? After yesterday's complaints from the Long Ryders, MEGA deleted all my Long Ryders uploads, after which I also deleted all the Long Ryders' postings on the TZ. I maintain the TwilightZone and want to keep it as long as possible! What are you saying now? On the contrary, I am wide awake and careful and definitely not a crabby, authoritarian old man! Maybe You?
@RYP
Sad to hear about Long Ryders, and VERY sad to read posts like that from @lighten_up, hope you ride those storms out, and don't shut down TZ. :-(
Aaron,
don't worry, I don't do that!
@RYP
Sounds great, take care!
RYP said...
@lighten_up,
if you think so... What would you say if the blog was shut down because of things like this? After yesterday's complaints from the Long Ryders, MEGA deleted all my Long Ryders uploads, after which I also deleted all the Long Ryders' postings on the TZ. I maintain the TwilightZone and want to keep it as long as possible! What are you saying now? On the contrary, I am wide awake and careful and definitely not a crabby, authoritarian old man! Maybe You?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@RYP.
I might just be a little crabby, and not so young. I love your blog and would hate to see it shut down. But I don’t think this has anything to do with the ever-growing list of rules. The handful of users that love to be your enforcers often break the rules themselves - just not the rules THEY care about… More rules, more enforecment, more gray areas, more secondary rules to address the gray areas. Enforcement is arbitrary. It’s impolite to ask for music in a format, but ok to attack people for unsatisfactory tags on old vinyl rips. Nasty language is tolerated depending on who posts and who their opinion aligns with. Bottom line, the list of rules keeps expanding and is beginning to be based more on emotional preferences than protection of blog. Of course, I maintain that it’s your blog and it can take any form you like.
'anonymous' wrote that m4a isn't FLAC. Which is simply a statement of fact. But the people who seem to spend their day just waiting for something to get upset about immediately pounce on him as if he's murdered somebody. Probably the same people who have a meltdown when someone mentions the word 'zippyshare' (ie suggests it's not the greatest site in the world). Zippyshare - there, I've said it !
Lighten up, you need to lighten up ...when you're guest in the Cavern of our gracious host, you need to be gracious too. The one who built the Cave, maintains it, protects it has every right to be "Authoritarian". Your reference re old with that smacks of Ageism. Law/Regulations and interpretation and application of those have always been somewhat arbitrary in every sphere in real world. It's always been way that a Chief sets rules and relies on Lieutenants to enforce those rules and the application/enforcement is always mediated by maintainance of the Social Order and in group/out group dynamics and consensus/majoritarianism establishment...
Post a Comment