Tuesday, 16 May 2023

Eddie Cochran "20th Anniversary Album" 1980 (disc 4 of a 4 record set/limited anniversary collection)

...On the way a tire blew out and the driver lost control. The car rammed into a lamp post and Eddie died within a few hours from multiple head injuries. The driver, Sharon and Gene were also hurt but recovered fully. Shortly after his death, Eddie's last hit topped the charts, "Lonely."..
...In the US his death attracted little attention, but in Britain it was traumatic, and served to solidify his reputation and influence in British rock. Kids like George Harrison had followed him from town to town, and his influence was felt throughout the 60s. That influence spread back across the water, and Eddie Cochran is now recognized worldwide as one of the most important figures of pre-Beatles music.
traxfromwax:
1 Twenty-Flight Rock 2 Lovin' Time 3 I'm Alone Because I Love You 4 Completely Sweet 5 Tell Me Why 6 Proud Of You 7 Cradle Baby 8 Have I Told You Lately That I Love You 9 Stockin's & Shoes 10 One Kiss
"Boy Meets Girl" Live Show Recorded & Transmitted On January 16th, 30th, 1960 introduction by Marty Wilde:
11 Hallelujah! I Love Her So 12 C'mon Everybody 13 Somethin' Else 14 Interview with Marty Wilde 15 Twenty-Flight Rock 16 Money Honey 17 Have I Told You Lately That I Love You 18 Hallelujah! I Love Her So 19 Summertime Blues 20 Milk Cow Blues 21 Interview 22 I Don't Like You No More 23 Sweet Little Sixteen 24 White Lightning (with Gene Vincent)
Ripped from Vinyl by RYP with Spin Doctor : Thorens TD 318/GoldRing 920 IGC

2 comments:

RYP said...

Eddie Cochran "20th Anniversary Album" disc 4
gitit! no pw
https://mega.nz/file/lKoWyRII#b3jqsmTjCNS3ml4HRMFPX64lltb4bilxvUcG5PZc4Ds

lemonflag said...

Thanks RYP nice set.