PLEASE READ OUR RULES:
We have a first entry each day that is a picture or a video, and only in that entry you can place your music links and requests (NO ALBUMS RELEASED IN 2023 AND AFTER, AND A DAILY LIMIT OF 3 ALBUMS AND NO REQUESTS FOR FLAC OR OTHER LOSSLESS, IF YOU WANT FLAC, BUY THE ALBUM)! Here you can say what you like, unless it's offensive, racist or discriminatory! Please keep your language polite and respectful.
All other official posts will only allow comments related to the official posts and such. That way it will keep things much more organized and tidy.
Enjoy! RYP and Gyro1966 and Gaius R.I.P.

43 comments:
My French friend Vincent Palmer has compiled Kinks relatives vol. 86 with the following 20 Kinks covers:
Homo Sapiens (Apeman) - I Tarli
Sunny Afternoon - Drake Bell
Tu Modo De Ser (You really got me) - Los Jets (de Nogales)
There's A New World Just Opening For Me - The Cascades
I'm Not Like Everybody Else - Dave Gregory
Who'll Be The Next In Line - Cactus Blossoms
See My Friends - Kaspar Hauser
Set Me Free - The Spiders
There Is No Life Without Love - The Band Of Men
Dandy - Vienna Dixie Cats
Too Much On My Mind - Yurow
I'm A Lover Not A Fighter - The Bo-Weevils
Death Of A Clown - Nerdkween
Party Line - Robert Birkeland & Egil Svendsen
When I See That Girl Of Mine - Grim Ltd
Tired Of Waiting For You - Antietam (with Ira Kaplan)
Love Me Till The Sun Shines - Publicity Stunt
I've Got That Feeling - Pill Drag's
A Well Respected Man - The Bachs
Days - Femur
https://www.swisstransfer.com/d/a1c8401f-0518-4cc1-a6f6-ccc6f8fce9f0
Revenant Records
American Primitive vol 2
https://pixeldrain.com/u/Y2FwFjZr
__________________________________
A Service To The World
Dollar Brand/Abdullah Ibrahim
Peace
Memories
https://pixeldrain.com/u/eZEKFYNy
https://pixeldrain.com/u/wjU3NTNV
TOM PETTY 8
HIGHWAY COMPANION https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highway_Companion
https://workupload.com/file/FFYnYrTzu6a
LIVE ANTHOLOGY (4CD) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Live_Anthology
CD1. https://workupload.com/file/R5U8rRYsdN2
CD2 https://workupload.com/file/taMNkd4WeNb
Calexico - Feast of Wire
https://mega.nz/file/XQIVTZAR#xGwMYX4oH_E4UCqLUP2ciM7w8PlYNTOjKy12Gh9tii0
Les Tresors Du Jazz 1950 - 1951
[Disc 19] (Le Chant du Monde 2002)
https://pixeldrain.com/u/F8a956W6
Enjoy !
On request. Major upgrade & repost over next ten days
Small Indpendent Rockin' Label Series
Checker (IL) 78rpm / 45rpm
Parent : Chess (IL)
Sister Labels : Argo (IL), Fenwick, Marterry (IL), Check-Mate (MI), Cadet (IL)
Location :
(August 1952) 4858 S. Cottage Groove Ave. Chicago , IL
(November 1952) 790 E. 49th St. Chicago, IL
(May 1954) 4750 S. Cottage Grove Ave. Chicago, IL
(May 1957) 2120 S. Michigan Ave. Chicago, IL
Owners : Leonard & Philip Chess
Main Series
Volume 1 (1952) - (1954)
Track List to big to post here
go
https://anorakrockabilly45rpm.blogspot.com
Download vol.1 only
https://workupload.com/file/pMU3P8S9afQ
Request:
Olympics _ =Western Movies And Private Eyes - Singles As & Bs 1958-1961
https://pixeldrain.com/u/L3bC6H34
Olympics _ Doin' the Hully Gully . Dance by the Light of the Moon + (2016)
https://pixeldrain.com/u/AeWrpLsC
Olympics _ Something Old, Something New (1966 LP)
https://pixeldrain.com/u/TBiL6eDw
DooWop! Strohmian
Hi there. Does anyone have any Jesse Dayton they are willing to share?
Many thanks, H.H.
Various Artists – Rock Around The Clock
CD 11: Carl Perkins – 11 O’Clock Rock
Weton-Wesgram RATCCD011 (The Netherlands 2006)
The CD is partly damaged, so several tracks are from other sources.
1. Blue Suede Shoes (2:16)
2. Pink Pedal Pushers (alt) (2:28)
3. Matchbox (2:10)
4. Roll Over Beethoven (2:52)
5. Gone, Gone, Gone (2:38)
6. Honey Don't (2:50)
7. Boppin' the Blues (2:51)
8. All Mama's Children (2:07)
9. Everybody's Trying To Be My Baby (2:15)
10. I'm Sorry, I'm Not Sorry (2:28)
11. Your True Love (2:45)
12. That's Right (2:51)
13. You Can't Make Love To Somebody (2:37)
14. Dixie Bop (1:56)
15. Sweethearts Or Strangers (2:43)
16. Caldonia (2:05)
Artwork Included (front, back, booklet, CD)
https://pixeldrain.com/u/wnhxwULP
Burrito DeLuxe – Disciples Of The Truth
Lune Chica 829569072224 (USA 2007)
Carlton Moody - banjo, guitar, mandolin, vocals
Walter Egan - guitar, vocals
Richard Bell - keyboards
Jeff "Stick" Davis - bass
Bryan Owings - drums
Additional Personnel
Sneaky Pete Kleinow - pedal steel guitar
Cindy Cashdollar, Mike Daly, Al Perkins - pedal steel, dobro
Daniel Dugmore - pedal steel, banjo
Barry "Byrd" Burton, Richard Ferreira - guitars
Craig Krampf, Rick Lonow - percussion
Joy Lynn White, Rick Schell, Blue Miller - background vocals
1. Out Of The Wilderness (4:24)
2. Sun Will Rise (4:17)
3. Front Row Seats To Heaven (3:19)
4. Disciples Of The Truth (3:57)
5. Wichita (3:55)
6. On A Roll (3:37)
7. When The Summer's Over (4:43)
8. Encino (3:31)
9. When It Comes Down On You (4:12)
10. Wrong Side Of Town (3:30)
11. Midnight On A Red Light (4:00)
12. Who's Gonna Love You (5:57)
Artwork Included (front, back, booklet, CD)
https://workupload.com/file/ydkSZ9TAZ4h
Roxy Music – Air Treatments
“Studio Outtakes recorded at Air Studios in London Autumn 1973”
Wizardo Records WRBM 324 (USA 1973)
Actually, according to Discogs:
---During the German leg of the tour, Roxy Music return to the Musikladen studios in Bremen on 23rd January 1974 and perform ‘Street Life’, ‘Pyjamarama’, ‘Mother Of Pearl’, ‘Amazona’ and ‘Psalm’. All of side 1 and the first two tracks on side 2 come from the Musikladen performance .The source seems to have been a tape recorder that was smuggled into the studio by an audience member, recording the event in real time, including parts edited out for the broadcast, like in-between-songs chat and tune ups, but also resulting in less than stellar audio quality compared to the actual broadcast. The last two tracks on side two are pirated from the B- and A-side of Roxy Music’s two first ever UK singles respectively.---
1. A1 Street Life (3:27)
2. A2 Amazona (6:04)
3. A3 Psalm (8:43)
4. B1 Pyjamarama #1 (3:54)
5. B2 Mother Of Pearl (6:46)
6. B3 The Numberer (3:43)
7. B4 Pyjamarama #2 (2:59)
Artwork Included (front, blank back, labels)
https://pixeldrain.com/u/Ndcs2eFR
One link for Dollar Brand is wrong
"memories" should be
https://pixeldrain.com/u/CdoJq6bH
Hello sambgodot...thank you for Tom Petty shares!
Gaye Bykers On Acid #4 of 7
1990 Cancer Planet Mission
1990 (As Purple Fluid Xchange) Pernicious Nonsense
1990 (As Rektum) Sakredanus
https://mega.nz/folder/t6BiFbwR#IGMb7FtjUvpSdT0jSNZGHg
Will be live for a couple of weeks
Capt D
Exy posted Sounds of the New West Vol 7 recently. Would anyone have any of the earlier volumes? Thanks!
Here's the final entries of Shake Em On Down. Volumes 9-11 are on the thread fromOctober 1st. Give me a shout if the link is dead.
https://www.discogs.com/release/14447192-Various-Shake-Em-On-Down-Vol-7-Pounding-Club-Track-Shakers
https://www.discogs.com/release/14451453-Various-Shake-Em-On-Down-Vol-8-27-Stompin-Blues-Boppers
https://mega.nz/folder/KlwgRB7a#mB5IjKhWj1P9t7qGZEkBRw
Some "New" Old-time music for you:
https://www.discogs.com/release/23211995-Various-The-New-Young-Fogies-Volume-One
https://mega.nz/folder/rsxkAC5K#A84wzSMqj9sJNJV-WkXG6A
All @ 320
H.H. - I'm searching my files for his albums but not finding them right away. Could've been a hard drive crash casualty but in the meantime you can find 3 (rare?) Jesse Dayton albums here:
https://twangsvillerevisited.blogspot.com/search/label/Jesse%20Dayton
These are as his alter-egos:
Banjo & Sullivan: The Ultimate Collection is an album by the fictional band Banjo & Sullivan from Rob Zombie's 2005 American horror film The Devil's Rejects.
The album was conceived as a spin-off project inspired by on-set conversations between filmmaker Zombie and actor Lew Temple, who portrayed 'Adam Banjo' in the film. Soon after, Temple's long-time friend, acclaimed Austin, Texas-based alt-country musician and songwriter Jesse Dayton, was approached to helm the project as producer and bandleader with Temple and Dayton sharing songwriting credit.
Captain Clegg And The Night Creatures is a fictional musical group featured in the Halloween film series. They are part of the continuity of the remake series and appeared in the 2009 movie Halloween II by director Rob Zombie.
Captain Clegg was played by Jesse Dayton. The name of the band is taken from the 1962 horror film Captain Clegg by Hammer Film Productions. In the film, actor Peter Cushing plays the eponymous antagonist Parson Blyss, aka Captain Clegg.
And also the soundtrack to the zombie horror feature film, "Zombex", written and directed by Jesse Dayton. It’s a sadistic, dark and edgy romp down Bourbon Street where psychobilly and zydeco walk hand in hand.
If the full albums don't get found - or posted by another reader - I do have a three volume Jesse Dayton compilation that I did for myself a while back that I can post.
Does anyone have Mingus - Mysterious Blues?
For some reason I only have three tracks from it.
https://www.discogs.com/release/6844385-Charles-Mingus-Mysterious-Blues
Thanks!
-Rick
Thanks so much for the Olympics! I really appreciate being able to hear more from this group.
Also - thanks for looking, RYP.
The notes from that 2011 post are a nice guide as I listen to the tunes.
H.H. I hvae quite a few with him. First comes Beaumonster, Country soul brother and gulf coast sessions. Enjoy. https://www.imagenetz.de/jw6om
@ Tom Nyc, Thanks for posting Jimmy Webb, Clowns Exit Laughing on Oct 5, but I just saw the response and the link has expired. Could you please repost? Thanks much!
Thanks again to DiJiT for the Shake Em Down series.
Thank you for the information & the pointer @Berni . I didn't realise that he had ties with Rob Zombie... very intriguing! I'll be sure to check that out & certainly welcome your compilation.
@bostig - thank you for the albums you have shared. I'm looking forward to getting to know them - greatly appreciated!
Tuq
21 - Population Geography
22 - Dynamic Pacific Rim
23 - Brazil The Sleeping Giant
https://pixeldrain.com/u/etxfXLEi
Bucephalus
Thanks to Strohmian for The Olympics who deserve a place in the rock'n'roll hall right next to The Coasters. All good wishes, Iggy
Thanks again - great stuff so far (listening in reverse order)
Richie Nixan, thank you for American Primitive Vol 2 -- this is essential listening I cannot recommend highly enough! Also thanks to DiJit for the excellent Shake 'Em On Down series. And, especially to RYP for this daily embarrassment of treasures!
HI DiJiT! you are posting great stuff but MEGA - ClOUD is really difficult to deal with. mostly it just sits there doing nothing or just a patial dl.may be it is just me or does it not work with a vpn? thanks and i just wanted to let you know and see if i am, the only one.
does anyone have Chicago/The Blues/Today! vol. 1 -3 they can please upload? thanks!
I second that! - Stinky
Here you are Rick:
Charles Mingus - Mysterious Blues (1990)
https://www.imagenetz.de/8Lc45
Mega used to be one of the best but lately I find it slows and stalls quite frequently. I've found that when it freezes, it works best to hit 'pause' and then 'resume'. At worst I just reload the URL and then it'll ask you if you want to resume the previous downloading. You get there in the end.
Thanks loads for the Shake Em On Down series, very much my cup of tea ta.
Another thanks for American Primitive 1 and 2, I already have copies but they are brilliant and every home should have them! But loving that you're covering the Revenant label, Richie, that'll fill a few gaps ta
@RiCK SAUNDERS Mingus - 1960 Mysterious blues https://www.imagenetz.de/v3H8L
Sorry it's not working for ya. I think I've run into that issue before, and had to re-load, refresh, and it was a pain in the ass. You might try a different browser. I'm not going to be able to go another route at this point, but if someone else wants to reshare, that's totally cool by me.
@The Tails: These DLs have been slow and halting for me as well, but they have all eventually completed for me.
My experiences with mega depend on the uploader. Nate's downloads over at Nuthinsezsomethin always rattle down swiftly, as do Kostas' at Urban Asperines, & Capt. Deli's here at TTZ; however some other bloggers' DLs crawl down. Dunno why this should be so, but i've got used to it. I read somewhere the other day that uploaders to File Factory can open up bandwidth, which is why i can occasionally get rapid downloads on FF, where normally it's one of the slowest, so perhaps the same applies with mega. In reality though, i haven't a clue what's going on. I just click and patiently wait.
Can be found on 'theblues-thatjazz.com'. Search for chicago or chicago today or chicago blues. Eventually you will find it with several download links.
kenfrompreston
Maybe because I have a free account? I'll try Wetransfer today.
Thanks to Ansina and Ja-Mike for Mingus,
and to Richie Nixan for American Primitive.
Y'all are the best!
-Rick
andrmine - sorry you're having problems.. the link is good for 30 days. i just tried it again myself, and it started to download.. try again friend..
https://www.swisstransfer.com/d/ebfc2e7d-7885-47e9-a2ac-1ada77b62f1f
works now, thanks again!
Post a Comment