Classic soul from Aretha Franklin's hip sister – and quite possibly the most unified of all the Carolyn Franklin albums for RCA! This set's got some great arrangements from Wade Marcus – who blends together strings and soul in that solid way that Arif Mardin was using with Aretha at the start of the 70s – a move away from more southern-styled soul, into a rich, mature sound that showed a whole new side of Carolyn's talents. There's some great keyboards in the mix, slinking nicely alongside the vocals – which themselves still show the Franklin family roots, packed with power and plenty of depth. Titles include "As Long As You Are There", "My Heart Sings", "Dad", "I Want To Be With You", "Boy I Love You", "As Long As You Are There", and "Darling I'd Rather". © 1996-2015, Dusty Groove, Inc.
trax:
01 Boy I Love You 02 As Long As You Are There 03 I Won't Let You Go 04 Darling I'd Rather 05 Don't See Him Much No More 06 Fire & Rain 07 Dad 08 I Want To Be With You 09 My Heart Sings 10 Sweet Naomi 11 Baby I'm A Want You
…Many Thanks to The Northern Madman for the share! served by Gyro1966...

16 comments:
Carolyn Franklin "I'd Rather Be Lonely"
…Many Thanks to The Northern Madman for the share! served by Gyro1966...
gitit! no pw
http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/ywx8280c/file.html
JAMES BROWN - I GOT THE FEELIN' (1968)
King Records KSD 1031
A-Side
1. I Got The Feelin'
2. Maybe I'll Understand (Part 1)
3. You've Got The Power
4. Maybe Good-Maybe Bad (Part 1)
5. Shhhhh (For A Little While)
6. Just Plain Funk
B-Side
1. If I Ruled The World
2. Maybe I'll Understand (Part 2)
3. Stone Fox
4. It Won't Be Me
5. Maybe Good-Maybe Bad (Part 2)
6. Here I Go
http://www27.zippyshare.com/v/PJhwfaB9/file.html
Bobby Bland – Blues You Can Use (1987) Vinyl @320
http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/uUAMEjgR/file.html
A1 Get Your Money Where You Spend Your Time
A2 Spending My Life With You
A3 Our First Blues Song
A4 Restless Feelin's
A5 24 Hours A Day
B1 I've Got A Problem
B2 Let's Part As Friends
B3 For The Last Time
B4 There's No Easy Way To Say Goodbye
http://www.discogs.com/Bobby-Bland-Blues-You-Can-Use-Me/release/4040684
In case these were missed before:
Various Artists– If I Were A Carpenter (1994) CD @320
http://www30.zippyshare.com/v/46708973/file.html
http://www.discogs.com/Various-If-I-Were-A-Carpenter/release/854746
Eddie Floyd – Soul Street (1974) Vinyl @320
http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/FXieMgst/file.html
http://www.discogs.com/Eddie-Floyd-Soul-Street/release/3395944
Dion 'n' Little Kings - Live In New York (Mercury Lounge) (1996) CD @320
http://www45.zippyshare.com/v/U1sdjSen/file.html
http://www.allmusic.com/album/live-in-new-york-mw0000657467
Bill Withers – Lean On Me: The Best Of Bill Withers (1994) CD @320
http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/HzCr2gcD/file.html
http://www.discogs.com/Bill-Withers-Lean-On-Me-The-Best-Of-Bill-Withers/release/2654057
Wishing all a great Wednesday and hope y'all enjoy the music!
Thank you Gyro and The Northern Madman for the Carolyn Franklin! She should have been more recognised.
BONUS 1 OF 7
Green On Red - The Killer Inside Me '87 @320
GREEN ON RED, a rock quintet with Arizona roots, a Los Angeles home base and a dedicated European following, doesn't believe in ''the good old days,'' those legendary times when America was standing tall and everything worked the way it was supposed to.
On the new Green on Red album, ''The Killer Inside Me'' (Mercury), the band spins tales about what its members think those good old days were really like: Fourteen hours of hell for one day's pay They might hang you for the color of your skin Or if they don't like the church you're in. The song ''Mighty Gun'' details the way the West was really won: Plenty of cheap labor And the mighty gun.
On the group's previous record, ''No Free Lunch,'' the clarity of the mix and the band's rapidly maturing instrumental virtuosity made Green on Red sound on the verge of becoming slick. Jim Dickinson, who produced ''The Killer Inside Me,'' has taken care of that. He makes sure C. W. Prophet's lead guitar cuts through like an anguished howl, and has Mr. Stuart singing his lungs out amid crashing waves of echo and distortion. Chris Cacavas, the most expressive of rock's younger pianists, plays a supporting role for the most part, though his subtlety as a colorist is put to good use. The rhythm section of Jack Waterson, on bass, and Keith Mitchell, on drums, hits with a thunderous power that earlier Green on Red records didn't begin to capture.
Green on Red has been one of America's best bands for several years now, but audiences in England and Europe led the way in appreciating them. ''The Killer Inside Me'' is going to make it difficult for their homefolks to ignore them much longer.
http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/cjK84qFD/file.html
BONUS 2 OF 7
Green On Red -No Free Lunch '85 @320
No Free Lunch covers territory not dissimilar to that on Gas Food Lodging; nomadic musicians on the road ("Keep on Moving" and the title cut), out-of-work sad sacks ("Honest Man"), families confronted with death and loss ("Jimmy Boy"), and the struggle to believe in something despite it all ("Time Ain't Nothing"). The band even throws in a pretty good cover of "Funny How Time Slips Away," and their performances are noticeably tighter and sharper than on their previous albums (the time on the road after Gas Food Lodging seems to have paid off), while the engineering by Steven Street and Simon Humphries is crisper and better detailed than the sometimes muddy tone of Gas Food Lodging. (mark Deming, Allmusic)
1. Time Ain't Nothing
2. Honest Man
3. Ballad of Guy Fawkes
4. No Free Lunch
5. (Gee Ain't It Funny How) How Time Slips Away
6. Jimmy Boy
7. Keep on Moving
http://www15.zippyshare.com/v/xven1MOv/file.html
INFO
http://www.allmusic.com/album/no-free-lunch-mw0000115779
BONUS 3 OF 7
Johnny 'Hammond' Smith - The Stinger Meets The Golden Thrush '66 @320
Jazz vocalist Byrdie Green is backed by Johnny Hammond's group with Houston Person on tenor and Eddie McFadden on guitar. Green's vocals are nice and boozy, with a classic sound that you would have heard in a nice show lounge in Jersey or Philly, had you been going to shows in the 60's. Tracks include "The Golden Thrush", "How I Lost My Love", "If I Ruled The World", and "Oriole". Nice stuff, and with a good mellow feel. (Blue label pressing – vinyl and cover are great!) © 1996-2015, Dusty Groove, Inc.
http://www65.zippyshare.com/v/7nOYGNT9/file.html
INFO
https://www.dustygroove.com/item/15937
(Thanks to Steve626 for this share)
Thanks to Gyro + Northern Madman. I've been catching up on the last few weeks of posts and read the sad news about Northern Madman's family. Northern Madman I am so sorry for your loss - I don't even know what to say... You have shared soooooo much fantastic soul music with us, brought us so much joy. The comments section seems a little lonely without you. But you've been keeping the faith as far as northern soul goes so I think we all have faith that you'll be back here again someday (when you're ready).
i was hoping that northern madman has carolyn franklins 2nd album also " first time i cried", and maybe even aretha's other sister
re: KSAN. I have a series of six CDs titled "It Crawled Out Of The Vaults of KSAN 1966-1968". Seems to be live tracks from The Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, Quicksilver Messenger Service, Country Joe And The Fish, Bo Diddley, The Byrds, Moby Grape, Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band, Big Brother & The Holding Co., Initial Shock, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Santana, The Steve Miller Band, The Sparrow (pre-Steppenwolf), The Doors, The Final Solution, The Kaleidoscope with David Lindley and Terry Reid with David Lindley. Anyone interested?
@Searnav
Love to hear the KSAN live cd's.
Could you exclude the Grateful Dead, can't stand them.
@lemonflag What did the Deadhead say when he ran out of ganja? God, this music sucks.
Searnav, sounds good.
I too am anonymous.
reply to Anonymous
on the franklin sister aretha - carolyn and erma
there not much i don't have by any of them it will take
me sometine to up them all for you with tracklistings
and try to find as much of the artwork i can with
help from a friend of mine as i still need time to recover
from a lot of things lately
reply to Noel-23
thank you i will be back but i need sometime
and to take it easy not putting the pressure on myself
like i have been doing
Nice to see you back Bill
how could carolyn or erma have made it bigger
with a sister called aretha franklin she's one mighty
power house of soul alone
thanks Bill
Tanx for Carolyn Franklin both to RYP and NSMM!
Post a Comment