In the mid-00s, the garage/punk genre experienced a commercial rebirth due in large part to Miami Steve Van Zandt's weekly radio show, Little Steven's Underground Garage. It goes without saying to anyone who has heard any of the previous five Boss Martians albums that lead Martian, guitarist/singer/songwriter Evan Foster, is probably a dedicated listener. The band has been on a hiatus, at least for studio recordings, since its last release in 2003, but this grungy rock & roll doesn't seem either retro or musty, even if it flaunts its revivalist influences. Foster takes the production reins this time and invites punk Godfather Iggy Pop to both co-write the driving "Mars Is for Martians" and sing dual lead on the tune. With pile-driving guitar, crashing drums, and an inescapable hook, it's the highlight of this set, even if the other dozen songs are nearly as well crafted. Foster has a knack for writing tight, tough, pithy rockers that burst out of disc with fire and energy. His longtime partner Nick Contento (ex-Nick C.)'s organ punches the songs forward with a combination of Deep Purple's Jon Lord styled propulsion and Elvis Costello's sidekick Steve Nieve's sheer musicality. Foster uses loud-soft dynamics and arrangements more intricate than most that work in this crowded genre. Echoes of the Zombies haunt the quieter passages of songs such as "Elsie," especially as the evocative keyboards provide sturdy backup for guitar solos that never overstay their welcome. The few midtempo ballads spaced throughout the set list occasionally reference the British Invasion, especially the Who-ish "And She's Gone," and the Doors on "If You Only Knew" adding more elements to Foster's arsenal. His voice has lost some of the overt Costello tics that somewhat hampered the last album, replacing them with nods to Cheap Trick's Robin Zander, a reasonable tradeoff that shifts this release to a heavier pop slant. But Cheap Trick hasn't sounded this edgy in years, nor have they written as many top-flight songs as Foster effortlessly churns out on this quality addition to the Martians' already impressive catalog. - AllMusic Review by Hal Horowitz
trax:
01 Power of Doubt 02 Mars is for Martians 03 No one to no one 04 If I only knew 05 Dont wanna see you again 06 Go on 07 And shes gone 08 Stiletto ( need some action) 09 Hey Hey Yeah Yeah 10 Youve taken Everything 11 Living. Dying 12 Crime

48 comments:
The Boss Martians "Pressure In The SODO"
gitit! pw: rideyourpony
http://www63.zippyshare.com/v/dMkuAjfw/file.html
hi all twilightzoners, it's amazing read, see and hear all that good stuff of musique, thank you all, is there someone who can give a link to some stuff of THE SATELLITERS (neo 6ties band from germany)??? thanks for sharing -
Via torrent
The all-time definitive Rockabilly CD-Album-Series
http://www.discogs.com/label/681427-Thatll-Flat-Git-It!
That'll Flat Git It! Volume 1 - 27
Rockabilly collectors are a hearty, fanatical breed with little compunction about seeking out rare, rarely heard singles based on legend or label. Not everybody has the time or patience to find original pressings, even if they love the music, so for the average collector, Bear Family's multi-volume That'll Flat Git It! series is the way to dig deep into the rockabilly arcana. The series is divided by label, spotlighting the forgotten sides and smaller hits for labels as well-known as Decca and RCA, along with lesser-known regional labels. This is not everything that was released on a label, of course, but it is a fairly thorough overview of what kinds of rockabilly the label released, and it hits almost all of the high points, at least as far as rockabilly collectors are concerned (and when the label can't fit everything on one disc, it breaks it up in two parts). Like many multi-part series, this is strongest on the earlier volumes, but if you're a dyed-in-the-wool collector, any of these volumes are worthwhile. Some of them are loaded with generic mediocrities, but they all have a couple of dynamite gems, plus they're presented lovingly, with wonderful sound and detailed, well-researched liner notes. This is essentially a collector's series, but it's a collector's series in the best sense -- filled with rare gems worth seeking out and presented in a luxurious fashion. -Allmusic
MP3/320kb
Part 1 (Vol. 1 - 10)
Files (987 MB total)
That'll Flat... Git It! (Part 1).rar
Will be deleted on
9 September, 2015
Download link
http://we.tl/l54rmVfK1R
Part 2 (Vol. 11 - 20)
Files (987 MB total)
That'll Flat... Git It! (Part 2).rar
Will be deleted on
9 September, 2015
Download link
http://we.tl/5Ojd17jmuQ
Part 3 (Vol. 21 - 27)
Files (842 MB total)
That'll Flat... Git It! (Part 3).rar
Will be deleted on
9 September, 2015
Download link
http://we.tl/BgxBMPZeet
The Beatles – Hate
Apple Corpse Records 23EOIO-04 (2006)
01. Revolution 23 (intro) (1:00)
02. Drive My War (2:25)
03. Tomorrow Never Blows (3:12)
04. Day Reaper (3:33)
05. From Me To Whom? (2:13)
06. Bomb Together (3:17)
07. What's The New Sarah Jane? (1:00)
08. I'm Nuking Through You (2:26)
09. Lovely Retard (2:40)
10. You've Got To Hide Your Hate Away (2:39)
11. Horny Pie (2:34)
12. Why? (3:10)
13. Buddy Girl (3:00)
14. Sadness Is A War Gun (1:51)
15. War Fields Forever (13:00)
Front & back covers included
http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/ycBd49JG/file.html
Dave Walker – Walking Underwater
Ironhorse Records IH 7002-10 (USA 2007)
Dave Walker (guitars, vocals)
Robert Britten (piano, organ, guitars)
Mike Gillan (drums)
Craig Hall (bass)
Sheamus Conley (lead guitar)
Jim Lewis (lead and slide guitar)
Dave Walker is a british singer and guitar player. His powerful soul voice led him to become the lead singer of bands such as The Redcaps, Idle Race, Savoy Brown, Fleetwood Mac, Black Sabbath, Raven, Mistress, Hungry Fighter and more, but only for short periods of time (except for Savoy Brown). What a pedigree!!!
1. Little Susie & Mr. Tight (5:26)
2. I Can Make It On My Own (5:34)
3. Crazy Baby (2:22)
4. Walking Underwater (7:01)
5. Weep No More (5:20)
6. Black Steel Blues (3:30)
7. Blues From The Bottom (4:13)
8. Girl Trouble (2:09)
9. Rabbits Foot Charm (2:52)
10. Hard Headed Woman (6:06)
Artwork Included (front, back, CD)
http://www74.zippyshare.com/v/uid21SOz/file.html
Ray Charles – Thanks For Bringing Love Around Again
MCSA / CROSSOVER Records – 004-007-2 (Belgium 2002)
“Sold Only On The Belgian Market”
Made for the GB / Carrefour Supermarkets.
Ray Charles’ Last Studio Album
1. What'd I Say (5:31)
2. Can You Love Me Like That (3:56)
3. How Did You Feel The Morning After (4:27)
4. I Love You More Than I Ever Have (5:37)
5. Really Got A Hold On Me (4:34)
6. Thanks For Bringing Love Around Again (3:57)
7. Save Your Lovin' Just For Me (5:54)
8. I Just Can't Get Enough Of You (4:22)
9. Ensemble (3:54)
10. New Orleans (3:26)
11. Mr. Creole (5:09)
12. Mother (5:19)
Artwork Included (front, back, inner, CD)
http://www87.zippyshare.com/v/RykOD8XN/file.html
Ray Bryant – Solo Flight
Pablo 2310 798 (Germany 1977 – recorded in New York, December 21, 1976)
1. In De Back Room (5:17)
2. What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life (4:17)
3. Monkey Business (4:08)
4. Blues In De Big Brass Bed (7:12)
5. Moanin' (4:51)
6. St Louis Blues (6:51)
7. Take The "A" train (5:04)
8. Lullaby (2:46)
Vinyl Rip - Covers Included
http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/UpD2vusa/file.html
@ Johnny Diego. That post you put up, "Wire - The Drill" Something about the Dugga remasters. When you open the zip file and look at the ID3 tags, track 1 to 9 are from The Drill, track 10 is from the Ideal Copy, and the last track (numbered 14) is from A Bell is a Cup Until it is Struck. So essentially this is a fake remaster, fake album. Someone just took The Drill and copied two songs from 2 other albums, stuck them on the end and never bothered to change the tag info. If you are going to game the system at least cover your tracks.
While summer's still here, it's time to share some sunny notes.
Here's 5 essential rocksteady / ska compilations. I said ESSENTIAL !(oops, those bold caps again...)
CLUB SKA 67
-Skatalites : Guns Of Navarone
–Roland Alphonso & Soul Brothers : Phoenix City
–Desmond Dekker : 007 (Shanty Town)
–The Flames : Broadway Jungle
–Roy Richards & Baba Brooks : Contact
–Baba Brooks : Guns Fever
–Justin Hinds & The Dominoes : Rub Up, Push Up
–Delroy Wilson : Dancing Mood
–The Gaylads : Stop Making Love
–Rita Marley : Pied Piper
–Soul Brothers : Lawless Street
–Sir Lord Comic & His Cowboys : Skaing West
–Ruler : Copasetic
CD rip.
http://www78.zippyshare.com/v/nyTKYJVl/file.html
EXPLOSIVE ROCK STEADY / Joe Gibbs' Amalgamated Label 1967-1973
-Errol Dunkley : Please Stop Your Lying
–Lynn Taitt & The Jets : Rock A Shock
–Mellotones : I'm Gonna Let
–Lee "King" Perry : I Am The Upsetter
–Lee "King" Perry : Upsetting Version
–Roy Shirley : Hold Them
–Pioneers : The Long Shot
–Versatiles : Lulu Bell
–Overtakers : Girl You Ruff
–Reggae Boys : The Wicked
–Cool Sticky : Train To Soulsville
–The Inspirations : Take Back Your Duck
–The Amalgamated All Stars : Memories
–Errol Dunkley : Love Brother
–Sir Lord Comic : Doctor Feelgood
–Nicky Thomas : Don't Touch Me
–Roy Shirley : Be Good
–Nicky Thomas & Dolores : Red Eye
CD rip.
http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/ZWTtlilx/file.html
RUDIES ALL AROUND
-Rulers : Don't Be a Rude Boy
-Spanishtonians : Rudie Gets Plenty
-Alton Ellis : The Preacher
-The Valentines : Blam Blam Fever
-Rio Grandes : Soldiers Take Over
-Bobby Aitken : Curfew
-Rulers of the Deep : Copasetic
-The Clarendonians : Rudie Bam Bam
-Derrick Morgan : Cool off Rudies
-Winston & George : Denham Town
-Stranger Cole : Drop the Rachet
-Alton Ellis : Blessings of Love
-Desmond Dekker & the Aces : Rude Boy Train
-Overtakers : Beware
-Joe White : Rudies All Round
-The Pioneers : Rudies Are the Greatest
-The Valentines : Stop the Violence
-Tartans : What Can I Say
-Derrick Morgan : Judge Dread in Court
-Lee "Scratch" Perry : Set Them Free
CD rip.
http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/GZcymtO6/file.html
SKINHEAD REVOLT
-Joe The Boss : Skinhead Revolt
–Clancy Jones : What Will Your Mama Say
–Pat Kelly : If It Don't Work Out
–GG All Stars : Champion
–Lloyd Parks : A Little Better
–Paragons : Left With A Broken Heart
–Lloyd Charmers : In The Spirit
–Tennors : Reggae Girl
–Lloyd Charmers : Death A Come
–Hot Rod All Stars : Skinhead Speaks His Mind
–Pat Kelly : The Dark End Of The Street
–Clancy Eccles : Shu Be Du
–Eric Donaldson : Come A Little Closer
–GG All Stars : Barbabus
–Maytones : Loving Reggae
–Soul Ofrus : Ease Me Up Officer
–Paragons : Got To Get Away
–Busty Brown : To Love Somebody
–Rudy Mills : Place Called Happiness
–Silver Stars : Last Call
CD rip.
http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/IcmPyBrC/file.html
DEPTH CHARGE
-The Ethiopians_Pirates
-T. McCook & Soul Syndicate_Depth Charge
-Justin Hinds_Hey Mama
-Stranger Cole_Crying Every Night
-Eddie Ford_Guess This Riddle
-Eddie Ford_Riddle Dub
-John Holt_Ali Baba
-Soul Of Ofrous_Ease Me Up Officer
-The Gladiators_You Were To Be
-Justin Hinds_Fight Too Much
-Willows_A So
-Mello Lads_Chatty Chatty Mouth
-Lloyd Robinson_Fire Fire
-The Ethiopians_Rub It Down
-The Gladiators_Sweet Soul Music
CD rip.
http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/K4DwAf8i/file.html
Just load and dance !
@JohnnyD
Glad you're diggin' Ray Collins, here’s a couple more that I don’t think I’ve shared yet:
Ray Collin’s Hot Club “Tohuwabohu” (2005) 224
http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/WWcMRThi/file.html
Ray Collins’ Hot Club “Cutting Out” (2014) VBR
http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/adaUWtFE/file.html
And here's the rest of what I've previously shared in case you (or anyone else) missed 'em:
Ray Collins' Hot Club "Shaking That Boogie" (2001) 320
http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/ZmCXKmQY/file.html
Ray Collins' Hot Club "Honk My Horn" (2003) 320
http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/Wuu3wXgG/file.html
Ray Collins' Hot Club "Lord Oh Lord" (2007) 320
http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/3M4e2Yq6/file.html
Ray Collins' Hot Club "Goes Intercontinental" (2010) 320
http://www54.zippyshare.com/v/3ztLhpLx/file.html
Colin Oldman --
Whoa steady, Big Fella! Before you go slinging invectives do your research. That share was posted on February 24. If you had bothered to read my post description you would have seen that I stated that I added two songs from two other Wire CDs that, in my opinion, were of the Dugga school. Nowhere in that post do I claim anything is remastered. Don't believe me? Well, I did your research for you:
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=6207134906949751747&postID=1232413491911714983&isPopup=true
As for not re-tagging, thank you for pointing out my sloppy laziness.
Let's take a poll. In the past year all those who think that I have been a sham master and have gamed the system as Colin Oldman thinks I do, write your criticisms here today. If there are enough of you who think as Colin does then I shall quietly go away.
Yea Johnny, Stop trying to game the system, He He. OMG I nearly pissed myself when I read that. I would hope it would take a hell of a lot more than Colin to chase you away.
Johnny Diego, I have never thought that you are a sham master. In fact, your uploads and the stories are a vital part to an esential blog. So don't go away, quietly or otherwise.
Free music everyday. I love the way you "game the system!" Keep it up brother.
Dear Johnny one of think i like in this site (apart of finding amazing never heard music) is read post like yours. Is always amazing read the story that are connected to the choice of a peculiar artist to share with other. For me you'read your post is like read something of a sort of Rob Gordon ( and believe me for me this a compliment because i really love High Fidelity like book and film, maybe a bit more the film ( only for the presence of wonderful Lisa Bonet).
so don't go away because i think that read the comments without your post couldn't be so funny.
luis
Keep on doin' your thing, JohnnyD. It's much appreciated by a lot of people here.
Even though I am on vacation, I check in here daily. Thanks again to Jillem for his fine shares. Thanks to Seanarv as well.
Oldman is bang out of order.
Long live Johnny Diego.
Obviously none of us think you're gaming any system, making untrue claims, or doing anything but sharing music and the tales that grow up around it.
Keep on!
Mose
Wait.... There's a "system"? Dang!
Pfffffffffffffffffft. I for one have enjoyed the hell out of JohnnyD's uploads and - especially - his commentaries and reminisces.
TZ is a damn friendly blog. Whiners, whingers, complainers, bitchers, grumps, and assorted sundry toolbags ought to refrain from commentary or simply go elsewhere.
Not everything that shows up on TZ is up my alley but if I had a better computer and/or more storage space I would test drive even more unknown music than I currently do. My only regret is that I've yet to come up with anything to share here withe these fine people.
Again I say, Pfffffffffffffffffft. Good day, sir! I said good day!
-Xtm
hope that someone could enjoy this little addition to Ryp post
2008 The Boss Martians - Mars is for Martians Ep
01) Mars is for Martians (ft. Iggy Pop)
02) Mars is for Martians
03) Power of doubt
04) Go On
http://www16.zippyshare.com/v/2qeMWLwD/file.html
at 320 my link not my rip
luis
You da man, Johnny D!
I think Mr Oldman needs to take a deep breath, appreciate the gift of free music that he received from you, then offer you an apology.
-peacenik
@JohnnyDiego
Hey Johnny, you got a little luv comin' your way from me :)
thanks Johnny
(BTW.... I think oldman has probably got the message by now - jerk!)
To Johnny Diego:
Perhaps Colin Oldman is Colin Newman!
Thanks for all the great posts.
J in Liverpool
South San Gabriel is Will Johnson’s other band that exist together with Centro-Matic sharing the quite totality of member. The differences between the two group was in the musical offering ( more rock for Centro-Matic and a more quieter sound for South San Gabries)
This is the reason that a lot of person think that South San Gabriel Song Music could be considered as their first studio album although was released under the nume de plume Centro-Matic
Centro-Matic
2000 – South San Gabriel Songs Music [320]
http://www72.zippyshare.com/v/xC1I3ydA/file.html
my link not my rip
luis
ps to fullfill some holes in my centro-matic discography i'm searching two of their early cassette 1995 Directional Jet Pack Race” and 1997 Line Connection Aim. Someone could help me in find these two stuff. Thanks in advance
For the rockabilly, thanks.
Thanks a lot Jc Ork for the ska comps !
Thanks to all for the positive remarks. Actually I've really felt the love all along and just wanted to show Colin Oldman that, really, it's the shares that matter the most. I get particular enjoyment writing about my experiences with the music I share and have on occasion had one or two people say that I am a bloated, exaggerated bafoon, but they were quickly stricken down by the supporting voices of other Twilightzoners. And to SonOfTransitFord, I hadn't even considered Colin Newman using an alias. Maybe I'll strike back and share some of his solo records.
To all my friends that share and comment here everyday: I'm not going anywhere and you're going have to suffer with me for a long time coming.
Plus, you all have moved me deeply. Thank you, everyone.
I know I'm late in this, but my best wishes go out to the northern madman in your time of grief.
Also, Johnny D, please don't go away. If anyone is gaming the system, it's me. Sometimes I listen to music on my X-box. :-)
Lastly, some of you may recall I was looking for vols. 1 & 2 of "From Tokyo To Liverpool". Well, I finally got volume 1. Unfortunately, it's all recorded together in one long mp3 file. I plan to separate the tracks and tag it, and I will share it on here as soon as I get it done.
Yo Jillem
Dude you "R" so crazy ...
thanks, thanks, thanks, for the Rockabilly.
THX MOE
Perhaps he's Robert GotUpOnTheWrongSideOfTheBed. Man what a grouch. We love you Johnny D!
@Jc Ork & Jillem: Many thanks! Great posts!
Johnny D-As we used to say "Keep on Truckin'"
Johnny Diego, I can understand your frustration and anger with ridiculous comment by someone. Don't let it ruin your day. Thanks for all you (and all the other posters here)do. I don't say it often enough but you have my appreciation.
--Lee
Thanks
Next, someone will say "Johnny Diego" is not your real name!!
To: Colin Oldman
You can send your complaints to no-refunds@freetorrentsforaudiofoolz.com. Thank you!
JohnnyDiego
I'd like to add my thanks for your generosity and your great taste. Keep them coming. And to those who complain, this is not the blog for you. I'll take this great music any way that it is given and I appreciate every song - after all, we're in it for the love of the music.
To the Gentleman Johnny D. The fact of the matter is, I consider you a friend. More than that from a blog I cannot add. I would wish to have dinner with you one of these days. Take care, my friend.
Iggy
@JohnnyDiego If generously sharing and posting your own finds with fun and pithy comments and personal stories is gaming the system, game on sir!!! I for one appreciate all you offer and enjoy knowing you just across the net. Game on my friend!!
some peeps be ingrates, heaven forbid someone should have to do some fix-up work themselves, lazy bugger, i pity the fool who ain't got no respect and appreciation for all the work done on our behalf by the contributors here. Seekers of the free have no right to bitch here, nobody owes you anything mr oldman. viva la comunidad! no place for selfish whiners here.
Johnny D, I haven't come across the said comment yet, but I don't agree with it, you post some nice stuff, sometimes. You go on a bit, and a bit, which can get up my nose, but hey I don't have to read it!
I too am anonymous.
Color me confused. Someone download FREE music, didn't get what they expected, and accusses the person of posting the music of somehow "gaming" the "system"? What does JohnnyD gain?
Perhaps we are all over reacting to the complainer. Maybe this is a miscommunication. I certainly hope so. But in any case, I appreciate all the fine sharers of music on this site. May my education on all the vast amounts of great music of the 20th century continue thanks to all of you.
JohnnyD, I enjoy your shares AND your stories. I wish I could top Mr. WhiteHaus' "Robert GotUpOnTheWrongSideOfTheBed". I thought of Bruce WhatsEatingGilbertSourGrapes, but that doesn't quite make it. As they say here in the South: "you get what you get, and you don't pitch a fit."
@Johnny D - the original post was so ludicrous it was barely worthy of a response. But in one respect it was a good thing: Your call for further comments has helped frame what TZ is not. It's not a place for all the nasty backbiting that goes on elsewhere in cyberspace, and apart from the incredible shares, that's what keeps me coming back. Keep on keepin' on.
don't know how this is correct but i think that in a post dedicated to Boss Martians linking a post about one his member is a just think to do
So from surfadelic Evan foster instrumentals 2004
https://surfadelic2.wordpress.com/2015/09/04/evan-foster-instrumentals-2004/
enjoy
Tanx for the Boss Martinis and Jillem for the Rockabilly!
@ Luis
thanks for all your shares.
Thanks for those great comps, JcOrk!
Post a Comment