trax:
1. Till I Met You - Johnny Tipp 2. Them Love Blues - Earl Wright 3. Don't Take Your Love From Me - The Third Guitar 4. Think About It - Rudy Mockabee 5. Spread Your Love - Jimmy Holiday 6. Always In The Wrong Place At The Wrong Time - The Upsetters 7. My Lover's Prayer - James Phelps 8. Neveruary - Timmy Willis 9. Down On My Knees - Willie James 10. God Has Been Good - The Violinaires 11. I'll Go My Way - Walter Bouligny 12. Have Pity On Me - Billy Young 13. Let's Try To Build A Love Affair - The Exotics 14. Here I Go Again - Willie Charles Gray 15. Gone Forever - The Del-Vons 16. Laughing At Me - Allen Green 17. Don't Be Afraid Of Love - Oscar Mack 18. You Don't Have To See Me - Arthur Conley 19. Good To Me - Donnie Elbert 20. Dreams To Remember - Ernie Johnson 21. Try A Little Tenderness - Harvey Scales
…served by Gyro1966...

20 comments:
"Thank You Otis!"
…served by Gyro1966...
gitit! no pw
http://www34.zippyshare.com/v/iHvHC0ks/file.html
Thank you Gyro!
And thank you Gyro.
cheers,ELtel
JAMES BROWN - GETTIN' DOWN TO IT (1969)
King Records KSD 1501
A-Side
1. Sunny
2. That's Life
3. Strangers In The Night
4. Willow Weep For Me
5. Cold Sweat
6. There Was A Time
B-Side
1. Chicago
2. (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons
3. Time After Time
4. All The Way
5. It Had To Be You
6. Uncle
Recorded at King Studios, Cincinnati, Ohio
December 1968, March 1969
Contains a very cool jazz version of Cold Sweat.
http://www31.zippyshare.com/v/JabUz4Td/file.html
To northern madman
I`ve been away for two weeks and looking forward to coming back and catching up with T/Zs downloads and while I`ve been enjoying myself, you`ve been going through just about the worst hell that life could throw at you.I`ve just got my first grandson(been waiting too long but at last) and just can`t understand what you must be going through.
I wish you all the VERY best and hope you can take some comfort in all the great positive vibes and posts you`re getting from all at T/Z
We are all missing you and supporting you and hope you can be with us as soon as you feel up to it.
Keep the faith.
Bill
I`ve been away for two weeks and have some catching up to do.I can`t send feedback to every post I download so please all you generous posters in the T/Z family accept a blanket THANK YOU for everything I`m gratefully downloading. BRILLIANT site!
thanks a lot Gyro for this other soul gems
luis
Thanks Jillem,Gyro,ELtel and all for the EXCELLENT posts in the last two weeks!
Thanks to Jimmie Dee!
Any chance of a few more Goldmine/Soul Supply links Please
@ anonymous, because of the Northern Madmans generosity by fulfilling my Goldsoul requests I now have the full set (200)and intend to post all after I come back off of my hols 25th Sept. Something to look forward to.
cheers,ELtel
Thanks
Thanks for "Thank You Otis" ALOT of good tunes on there!
Otis was my intro to soul many moons ago and still remains my first love. Thank you.
Thanks Gyro
Tanx for Tanx to Otis!
I stopped following this blog for awhile. Why? The amount of music was overwhelming and I couldn't resist the urge to download almost all of it. The supplemental posts in the comments section and the regular posts are terrific and, as a result, I am quickly running out of storage space and am now saving to buy a third external hard-drive because seven terabytes wasn't sufficient. I may have to buy a personal cloud service (I don't trust the commercial servers. I had Rapidshare for a year, then it raised its price to the level of extortion before finally disappearing forever. To paraphrase Joni Mitchell, "I've looked at clouds from both sides now and still somehow" I don't trust them). However, Gyro's generous and fantastic posts on Exystence and Jillem's return in various posts, as well as the posts from all of the other contributors, have drawn me back and once again leave me wondering just when am I going to have time to listen to them all.
Of course, I'm not complaining; it's a wonderful dilemma to have. In essence, your blog with its eclectic mix of music is the equivalent of being allowed entrance to the world's largest record store and being told that I can select without charge anything I want. Then again, it is not free because I learn about and enjoy so many new artists here that I have to buy more of their music to satisfy my insatiable cravings. There must be a psychological term for people who are addicted to downloading and buying music and, perhaps, someone will create an organization of support groups and a ten-step program to provide relief. In the meantime, I am both glad and grateful that you and your collaborators expend the time and energy to offer so much great music because all of you go a long way to satisfy my music jones. Abschließend möchte ich Ihnen für Ihre Großzügigkeit danken.
@ Feilimid O'Broin
very beautiful comment,you describe very well this marvelous site and how we are addict with allways much music and how we need to buy a lot of records in a year! I don't know how old you are,but in the 70' we were a lot of teenagers in France who could just buy 4 albums maximum in a year (with Christmas and birthday, it made 5 or 6 albums in a year) and we recorded on cassette 4 albums of friends every year. But most of my friends were not buying albums but EP. In 1978 I've discovered a store with second hand vinyls .... and it was the beginning of buying about 100 albums (or more) in a year and the beginning of to "never have enough"...
LittleJack
Many thanks to Fellimid OBrion and Little Jack for the kind words. This is what makes doing this so much fun for me.
@ Feilimid O'Broin
Very well put. I too am an addict to sound but have no wish to be cured. Have a 3 terabyte external drive almost filled up and will soon need to go buy another one but I am not complaining. I love this site and consistently find music I either overlooked before or never heard of and end up loving it.
Thank you to all posters and JohnnyDiego - I love the memories you share - if only my memory was as good as yours but I think i have killed to many brain cells over the years.
From Virginia with love to all - Jamon
Post a Comment