...It's comprised of mostly obscure 45s representing the stone funkiest records ever released by the Oakland-based Galaxy label -- which was at this point sort of serving as the farm club for big brother label Fantasy Records. This one's essential, kids -- just as worthy of your funk-loving dollar as the legendary rare funk compilations on Jazzman, Soul Fire or Stones Throw! 22 tracks in all: "Foxy Girls In Oakland", "Get Your Lie Straight", "Chicken Heads" by Bobby Rush, "Bring It On Up" by Loleatta Holloway, "I Love Her Too" by Lenny Williams, "People Say" by JJ Malone, "Try The Life" by Everyday People, "Man Power" (previously unreleased) by Ben & Larry, "My Money Is Funny" by the Right Kind, "The Iron Horse" by Merl Saunders & Heavy Turbulence, "I Get What I Want" by the Sequins and lots more! - © 1996-2008, Dusty Groove America, Inc."Get Your Lie Straight – A Galaxy Of Funky Soul" anthologises the red-hottest grooves that Fantasy’s R&B subsidiary Galaxy issued in the late 1960s and early 1970s. Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Galaxy naturally focused on the bluesy, earthier style of soul popular in that region, a sound exemplified by the local smash ‘Foxy Girls In Oakland’ by Rodger Collins, a record that regularly graces turntables world-wide to this day. "Get Your Lie Straight" features for the first time on CD some of Collins’ other funk outings like ‘I’m Leaving This Place’. Other local acts on Galaxy were vocalist Lenny Williams, later to find fame with Tower Of Power, and blues singers JJ Malone and Tiny Powell, both of whose funky waxings for the label are represented here, along with instrumental grooves from Merl Saunders and The Right Kind, and obscure nuggets from further notables like The Debonaires and Loleatta Holloway The vast majority of "Get Your Lie Straight" has never been on CD, or at least not in the unsurpassed quality arrived at after major research in the Fantasy tape vault. - (Amazon)
trax:
1. Foxy Girls in Oakland - Rodger Collins 2. Stop, Let's Be United - The Debonaires 3. Get Your Lie Straight - Bill Coday 4. Chicken Heads - Bobby Rush 5. Bring It on up - Loleatta Holloway 6. I Love Her too - Lenny Williams 7. People Say - J.J. Malone 8. The Iron Horse - Merl Saunders & Heavy Turbulence 9. I'm Leaving This Place - Rodger Collins 10. Bossy Woman (alternate take) - Tiny Powell 11. Let Me Be Your Handy Man - Bill Coday 12. Try the Life - The Everyday People 13. Feelin' Blue - Lenny Williams 14. My Money Is Funny - The Right Kind 15. Manpower - Ben & Larry 16. One Step away - J.J. Malone 17. When You Find a Fool, Bump His Head - Bill Coday 18. Your Love, It's Burning - Rodger Collins 19. We Gonna Do Our Thing - Bobby Eaton 20. I Want to Talk about It (World) (pt. I & II)/Debonaires - The Debonaires 21. I Got a Thing - Bill Coday 22. I Get What I Want - The Sequins
…served by Gyro1966...

10 comments:
"GET YOUR LIE STRAIGHT"
…served by Gyro1966...
gitit! no pw
https://www76.zippyshare.com/v/442A4WAU/file.html
or:
https://www.imagenetz.de/o3feM
Thanks!
Thanks a lot!
Thank you!
Thanks
Thanks!
Hi!
Thanx for this one. Might be some "new" hears here.
Cheers!
Ciao! For now.
rntcj
Fantastic! THANKS!
EXCELLENT post Gyro!
Cheers!
Bill
FUNK YEAH! THANKS!
Post a Comment