Thursday, 9 March 2023

…and now for something completely different! 1971 - 2023

These fucking politicians, warlords and religious... They don't know that they are as superfluous as telephone disinfectors and hairdressers! - RYP

We have a first entry each day that is a picture or a video, and only in that entry you can place your music links and requests (NO ALBUMS RELEASED IN 2021 AND AFTER, AND A DAILY LIMIT OF 3 ALBUMS AND NO REQUESTS FOR FLAC OR OTHER LOSSLESS, IF YOU WANT FLAC, BUY THE ALBUM)! Here you can say what you like, unless it's offensive, racist or discriminatory! Please keep your language polite and respectful. All other official posts will only allow comments related to the official posts and such. That way it will keep things much more organized and tidy. Enjoy! RYP and Gyro1966

46 comments:

Professor RnR said...

Pre-Hot 100 Pop Hits, Part 49.16 (updated, remastered)
1. Buddy Clark - A Dreamer's Holiday (2:41)
2. Buddy Clark - Envy (2:48)
3. Doris Day - (There's A) Bluebird On Your Windowsill (2:04)
4. Doris Day - The River Seine (La Seine) (2:58)
5. Jan Garber & His Orchestra - Jealous Heart (2:15)
6. Jan Garber & His Orchestra - The Hop-Scotch Polka (2:51)
7. Juanita Hall - Don't Cry Joe (Let Her Go, Let Her Go, Let Her Go) (2:38)
8. Juanita Hall - Love's A Precious Thing (2:43)
9. Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra - Vieni Su (Say You Love Me Too) (3:02)
10. Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra - Blue For A Boy - Pink For A Girl (3:14)
11. Margaret Whiting - I'll Never Slip Around Again (2:04)
12. Margaret Whiting - Six Times A Week And Twice On Sunday (2:08)
13. Tex Beneke - I Can Dream, Can't I? (2:33)
14. Tex Beneke - Over Three Hills (3:23)
15. Ralph Flanagan & His Orchestra - Don't Cry Joe (Let Her Go, Let Her Go, Let Her Go) (2:21)
16. Ralph Flanagan & His Orchestra - Swing To 45 (3:19)

Professor RnR said...

17. Frankie Laine - Mule Train (2:36)
18. Frankie Laine - Carry Me Back To Old Virginney (3:05)
19. Tony Martin - There's No Tomorrow (3:16)
20. Tony Martin - A Thousand Violins (3:26)
21. Ray Anthony & His Orchestra - A Dreamer's Holiday (3:11)
22. Ray Anthony & His Orchestra - Bye Bye Baby (2:37)
23. Toni Arden - I Can Dream Can't I? (3:06)
24. Toni Arden - A Little Love, A Little Kiss (2:53)
25. Bing Crosby - Dear Hearts And Gentle People (2:40)
26. Bing Crosby - Mule Train (2:54)
27. Bing Crosby - Way Back Home (3:13)
28. Bing Crosby - The Iowa Indian Song (3:16)
29. Bob Houston - That Lucky Old Sun (3:33)
30. Bob Houston - The Meadows Of Heaven (2:47)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wDPWNf_HKDnijnyqACV1agNyqrghYf-C
pass: U08.03.23

Music Of The Seventies said...

@320:

The Blues Right Off - Our Bluesbag (1970)
https://uptobox.com/1moxwr5fhg46
info: https://www.discogs.com/fr/release/5688839-The-Blues-Right-Off-Our-Bluesbag

The Outlaw Blues Band - Breaking In (1969)
https://uptobox.com/4nk4yu60syzz
info: https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/268042-The-Outlaw-Blues-Band-Breaking-In

The Exkursions - The Exkursions (1971)
https://uptobox.com/4tdkqnle3alr
info: https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/1094548-The-Exkursions-The-Exkursions

BigGray said...

Vince Gill

Part 13 of 16

2011-11-16-Live At The Troubadour Los Angeles CA
https://www.imagenetz.de/gkVAu

01 - One More Last Chance - Vince Gill
02 - Banter - Vince Gill
03 - Never Alone - Vince Gill
04 - Tryin' To Get Over You - Vince Gill
05 - Take Your Memory With You When You Go - Vince Gill
06 - Banter - Vince Gill
07 - A Real Mean Bottle - Vince Gill
08 - Pocket Full Of Gold - Vince Gill
09 - Banter - Vince Gill
10 - High Lonesome Sound - Vince Gill
11 - Banter - Vince Gill
12 - Some Things Never Get Old - Vince Gill
13 - Banter - Vince Gill
14 - Look At Us - Vince Gill
15 - Banter - Vince Gill
16 - This Old Guitar And Me - Vince Gill
17 - Banter - Vince Gill
18 - The Old Lucky Diamond Motel - Vince Gill
19 - Banter - Vince Gill
20 - Bread And Water - Vince Gill

21 - The Next Big Thing - Vince Gill
22 - Banter - Vince Gill
23 - Cowboy Up - Vince Gill
24 - Sweet Thing - Vince Gill
25 - Don't Let Our Love Start Slippin' Away - Vince Gill
26 - Band Introductions - Vince Gill
27 - I Still Believe In You - Vince Gill
28 - Banter - Vince Gill
29 - Pretty Little Adriana - Vince Gill
30 - Banter - Vince Gill
31 - When I Call Your Name - Vince Gill
32 - Banter - Vince Gill
33 - It's Hard To Kiss The Lips At Night - Vince Gill
34 - Guitar Slinger - Vince Gill
35 - Threaten Me With Heaven - Vince Gill
36 - Go Rest High On That Mountain - Vince Gill
37 - Oklahoma Borderline - Vince Gill
38 - Whenever You Come Around - Vince Gill
39 - Liza Jane - Vince Gill
40 - Till I Gain Control Again - Vince Gill

2011-Guitar Slinger [Deluxe Edition]
https://www.imagenetz.de/jhtQF

Guitar Slinger - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C535LCowwiI

01 - Guitar Slinger - Vince Gill
02 - All Nighter Comin' - Vince Gill
03 - Tell Me Fool - Vince Gill
04 - Threaten Me with Heaven - Vince Gill
05 - When the Lady Sings the Blues - Vince Gill
06 - Who Wouldn't Fall in Love with You - Vince Gill
07 - When Lonely Comes Around - Vince Gill
08 - True Love - Vince Gill
09 - Bread and Water - Vince Gill
10 - Billy Paul - Vince Gill
11 - The Old Lucky Diamond Motel - Vince Gill
12 - Lipstick Everywhere - Vince Gill
13 - One More Thing I Wish I'd Said - Vince Gill
14 - If I Die - Vince Gill
15 - Buttermilk John - Vince Gill

Searnav said...


The Kendalls – It Don’t Feel Like Sinnin’

Richmond Records NCD-2244 (USA 1988)

Jeannie Kendall
Royce Kendall

1. Pittsburgh Stealers (2:57)
2. Behind That Locked Door (2:07)
3. You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling (3:09)
4. I Take The Chance (2:21)
5. Put It Off Until Tomorrow (2:43)
6. It Don't Feel Like Sinnin' (2:29)
7. Another Dream Just Came True (2:27)
8. Gone Away (2:25)

Artwork Included (front, back, CD)

https://www107.zippyshare.com/v/eyNSTuFP/file.html

Searnav said...


New Riders Of The Purple Sage – L.A. Lady

Sony Music Special Products A 22596 (USA 1991)

Tracks 1 and 8 = from The Adventures Of Panama Red
Tracks 2, 4 and 9 = from Brujo
Tracks 3 and 5 = from Home, Home On The Road
Tracks 6 and 7 = from N.R.P.S.
Track 10 = from Powerglide

See these albums posts for lineups

1. Panama Red (2:47)
2. Neon Rose (4:18)
3. Truck Drivin' Man (3:10)
4. Ashes Of Love (2:14)
5. Hello Mary Lou (3:46)
6. Louisiana Lady (3:03)
7. Henry (2:36)
8. L.A. Lady (2:13)
9. You Angel You (2:42)
10. I Don't Need No Doctor (4:44)

Artwork Included (front, back, CD)

https://www95.zippyshare.com/v/2yfTzcpu/file.html

Searnav said...


Frank Virtue & The Virtues – Guitar Boogie Shuffle

Wynne WLPS 711 (USA 1959)

“Frank Virtue & The Virtues” on the front cover

“The Virtues” on the back cover and on the labels

Track B2 is spelled “Third Man CHA CHA CHA” on the label
Track B4 is spelled “Guitars-In-The-Round” on the label
Track B5 is spelled “Rollin’ And A Rockin’”on the label

1. A1 Anna (2:21)
2. A2 Highland Guitar (1:50)
3. A3 Toodle-Loo-Kangaroo (2:20)
4. A4 Pluckin', Plankin' Boogie (2:31)
5. A5 Constantly (2:25)
6. A6 Cotton Candy (2:11)
7. B1 Marching Guitars (1:58)
8. B2 Third Man Theme CHA CHA CHA (2:12)
9. B3 White Buck Shoes (2:18)
10. B4 Guitars In-The-Round (2:29)
11. B5 Rollin' And A-Rockin' (2:34)
12. B6 Taboo (2:06)

Vinyl Rip - Artwork Included (front, back, labels)

https://www18.zippyshare.com/v/n7xyyRJr/file.html

Aaron Vincent said...

Here are two Johnny Dowd albums as requested! Sadly I found out that I didn't have the "Family Picninc" from 2019, if someone had it even I should be glad. :-)

Johnny Dowd - Temporary Shelter (2000)
https://www.imagenetz.de/Qp4Qv

Johnny Dowd - Wake Up The Snakes (2010)
https://www.imagenetz.de/Xb7VE

"(Behind) Closed Doors"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7e1fB_jW6Y

http://www.johnnydowd.com/

Gary Field said...

THURSDAY NIGHT VIDEO



FERNWOOD 2 NIGHT

EPISODE 57 - SINGLES MINGLES CLUB - SEPTEMBER 20,1977
The guests include Chuck Jackson (James Greenleaf), proprietor of the Singles Mingles Club, and Margaret Woodbury (Sue Ann Gilfillian), who displays artifacts from Fernwood's National Art Museum. Also: The Salvation Army Singers perform "Da Doo Ron Ron." Host Barth Gimble: Martin Mull. Co-host Jerry Hubbard: Fred Willard.

https://we.tl/t-5v23nsAsnd


EPISODE 58 - LATTIMORE DIET PROGRAM - SEPTEMBER 21,1977
Guests: Six-year-old trombonist Kevin McCormick (Kevin Brando), and Mrs. Lillian Lattimore (Carol Arthur), who describes her new diet program. Host Barth Gimble: Martin Mull. Co-host Jerry Hubbard: Fred Willard. Happy Kyne (Frank DeVol) and the Mirth-Makers provide the music.

https://we.tl/t-29pf1XhLPC


EPISODE 59 - BATTERY POWERED CAR - SEPTEMBER 22,1977
Guests include: Daredevil-turned-auto mechanic Virgil Simms (Jim Varney) who introduces his new battery-operated car, and anthropologist Emanuel Kazinski (Zale Kessler) who discusses gay liberation. Host Barth Gimble: Martin Mull. Co-host Jerry Hubbard: Fred Willard. Happy Kyne (Frank DeVol) and the Mirth-Makers.

https://we.tl/t-dDXBcX6zJr


EPISODE 60 - HARRY SHEARER - SEPTEMBER 23,1977
Guest Harry Shearer (as himself) discusses his work in TV news. Host Barth Gimble: Martin Mull. Co-host Jerry Hubbard: Fred Willard. Happy Kyne: Frank DeVol.

https://we.tl/t-YXTDXYY2Zf

la musica e vita said...

[BigGray said...

@ OldManJeff

Re: Myzuka

Most browsers have a translate function. In Chrome, I right click the page, select "Translate to English" and I don't have to worry about trying to work anything out.

Of the five browsers I use, only one doesn't have that function in an easily found place.]

If you use the add-ons function in any browser you will find more than one translation app.

la musica e vita said...

[clash said...

la musica e vita - Yes, I do have all 13 volumes of It's Happening. It would take awhile to post them all here, but I'd be glad to send them to you via email.]

Clash, thank you - I appreciate the offer, but I am (perhaps unnecessarily) prescious about my email address.
But perhaps there are others on TZ who might like those compilations?
Thanks again

la musica e vita said...

Theoretical Girls (Glenn Branca)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5pm8rxwR4Y

Theoretical Girls - Computer Dating
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPFumfqTkMI

Album on
https://hollandtunneldive.blogspot.com

Glenn Branca - The Ascension (1981, Full Album, High Quality)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeYMC8g6pZ4&list=RDEMsurogS5ydxt7fwx3cdgZTA&start_radio=1&rv=e5pm8rxwR4Y

cabledogg2 said...

some recent thrift store finds for y'all........enjoy




The Champs - Tequila ( Best Of ) ( 1992 ) ( cd rip flac )

https://krakenfiles.com/view/WojdzqLk3X/file.html





Clarence Jackson - Country Swingin' Slide Guitar Pickin' ( 2003 ) ( cd rip flac )

https://krakenfiles.com/view/pJJ5rm3MiZ/file.html





Crow - Evil Woman ( The Best Of Crow ) ( 2005 )

https://krakenfiles.com/view/dtuLtxuV8Z/file.html

la musica e vita said...

Anybody remember the Ukraine?

Eugene Hutz and Gogol Bordello

Gogol Bordello - In Support of Polish and Ukrainian Freedom
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khyUGDq7opg

Take Only What You Can Carry - Gogol Bordello feat. KAZKA (UKR Version)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT_cdXEW8tE

Teroborona - Gogol Bordello (feat. The Cossacks)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkPRZGi4-MA

[’Teroborona’ is a term for Civil Defense Units formed of civilians who stood up to protect Ukraine,” explains Eugene Hütz, the fiery and intensely charismatic frontman of self-proclaimed gypsy punk rock band Gogol Bordello about the English translation of the title of their new song whose video is released today, June 8, 2022 via Cooking Vinyl. A provocative and humanizing video, “Teroborona” puts a very real face on the Ukrainian militia who are currently fighting against Russian invaders to their homeland.]

GOGOL BORDELLO - Trans-Continental Hustle (official video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvB0TIs-2EE

Vin said...

Chronological Classics

Dizzy Gillespie - 1949-1950 (CC 1168)
The first 8 sides are Capitol releases that comprise John Coltrane's very first recordings

Dizzy Gillespie - 1952 (CC 1321)

Dizzy Gillespie - 1952-1953 (CC 1347)

https://www.imagenetz.de/3d6es

Ramone666 said...

Here's cajun rocker Johnnie Allan with a fine compilation called 'Promised Land - South Louisiana Swamp Pop Gold'. His version of Chuck Berry's Promised Land, complete with accordeon, pales the original imo, and that's saying something.
https://www.bear-family.com/allan-johnnie-promised-land-south-louisiana-swamp-pop-gold-cd.html
Enjoy here @320: https://krakenfiles.com/view/BF4l28HjWj/file.html

wally k said...

wally k said
Regal Records was another late forties and early fifties
very good label for blues R&B and Gospel,so covering all
bases,had a few big hits,but in end still, didn't last into rock and roll era.
So here is a bit of sample of all genres..
REGAL RECORDS CD.
https://www.imagenetz.de/uRCiA

Guitarradeplastico,scraping oddities said...

Request:

-Mattie Moss Clark & The Michigan State Community Choir  – That's Christ ( 1972 )

-C.H. Mason Memorial Choir, Mattie Moss Clark ( not singer in the album ) – 65th Annual Holy Convocation (Pentecost At Any Cost) ( 1973 ) ( Music Director – Mattie Moss Clark,Organ – Elbernita Clark )

HOLYGRAIL:

-Progressive Community Church Of Chicago Gospel Chorus Sings ( Pastor William H. Kinghton )

Anonymous said...

Gaius said:

@96dB Freak (yesterday) + Hot Nun

This is indeed no Porn but PowerPop, incl. 'Teen Bitch and a Single)

Hot Nun (USA) - s/t album, 2013
https://www.imagenetz.de/TdgZK



Anonymous said...

Gaius said:

Did anyone remember - back to your university days - what a 'Teach-In' was?
Anyway, a Dutch Pop group (female vocals) called themselves 'Teach-IN' and was best known for winning the Eurovision Song Contest in 1975. If you think of ABBA when listening, you're not totally wrong. Here they are:

Teach-In (Netherlands) - Get on Board, 1975
https://www.imagenetz.de/jEquN



Anonymous said...

Gaius said:

...Continuing with Barbara Manning ...

Maybe some of our US and German visitors don't know that Barbara has lived in Germany, in Stuttgart, for several years (around 2000), where she learnt a lot about 'Krautrock' and worked with German musicians.

Barbara Manning & The Go-Luckys (USA /Germany) - You should know by now, 2001
https://www.imagenetz.de/jQUXW

clash said...

J.D. Crowe And The Kentucky Mountain Boys – Ramblin' Boy (1971( Vinyl @320
https://www92.zippyshare.com/v/OB1xG0Ss/file.html

A1 Born To Be With You
A2 Please Search Your Heart
A3 Bear Tracks
A4 Sin City
A5 I'll Stay Around
A6 Bouquet In Heaven
B1 Somehow Tonight
B2 Portrait Of The Blues
B3 Ramblin' Boy
B4 Black Jack
B5 Afraid Of Losing You Again
B6 There'll Be No Blind Ones There

https://www.discogs.com/release/3016612-JD-Crowe-And-The-Kentucky-Mountain-Boys-Ramblin-Boy

Southend Slim said...

Do any of you blues guys out there have any Dave Peabody you are able to share. Thanks in advance for anything you have.

clash said...

Various Artists– It's Happening Vol. 1 & It's Happening Vol. 2
https://we.tl/t-ZHMKxNvw0b

https://www.discogs.com/release/2926730-Various-Its-Happening-Vol-1
https://www.discogs.com/release/2926752-Various-Its-Happening-Vol-2

RiCK SAUNDERS said...

Good morning! I'm looking for anything by Malo, the 1970s group f/ Jorge Santana on guitar.
I heard their 1972 hit Suavacito yesterday and was surprised that I don't have any of their stuff.

Thanks as always!
-Rick

Anonymous said...


BDylan - 1990 - CESAR DIAZ & OTHER ASSORTED DESPERADOS
https://we.tl/t-8wJnewmGGx

Bucephalus

HenkP said...

Thanks again to Aaron Vincent for today’s Johnny Dowd offerings. Currently I’m playing Pictures From Life’s Other Side a couple times repeatedly, it is sheer genius.

Having read some people’s comments about the Stones’ first album and its contents, I dug up an unofficial digipack CD version which has some interesting extras. Included among others are two versions of ‘Fortune Teller’ – the one that was supposed to be released on 7inch but eventually first appeared on the ‘Saturday Club’ LP [Various Artists], and an unreleased mix without the harmonica wailing in the background.
Said CD has 20 tracks, to which I added an extra Jagger/Richards demo called ‘We Were Falling In Love’. It can be found on a number of bootlegs (sometimes titled differently, as bootlegs go). This extra is an acetate from late ’63 or early ’64 which surfaced for the first time about 20-30 years ago, I think.

Discogs CD info here:
https://www.discogs.com/release/4525196-The-Rolling-Stones-The-Rolling-Stones-Mono-Edition-With-Bonus-Tracks

I’ve included a plain text file with the Discogs info, and in it added some extra comments of my own for some of the tracks.

Here ’tis:
The Rolling Stones - The Rolling Stones [UK] & extras (CD, unofficial) …plus one more demo.

https://krakenfiles.com/view/N2mA56jwuQ/file.html
https://www.imagenetz.de/LbGqq
https://workupload.com/file/QzLeKVCuQBW
https://www43.zippyshare.com/v/U1jvsbcw/file.html

Cheers again
-HP

KeepTheFaith said...

The weekend is coming which means it's time for another Northern Soul party ....

More Northern Soul For The Weekend https://www.imagenetz.de/ueUKM


1. Larry Atkins - Lighten Up
2. Benny Curtis & The Littler Dirty Hearts - Dirty Hearts
3. Carl Underwood - I Ain't Lying
4. Kenard - What Did You Gain By That?
5. Chuck Jackson - Who's Gonna Pick Up The Pieces
6. Mack Rice - Baby I'm Coming Home
7. The Lovations - Heaven Told Me So
8. Clarence Jackson - If It Don't Fit Don't Force It
9. Al Wilson - Help Me
10. Donnie Elbert - Along Came Pride
11. Linda Jones - My Heart Needs A Break
12. Paul Sindab - I Was A Fool
13. Linda Lawley- Use Your Head
14. Jerry Fuller - Double Life
15. Popcorn Wylie - Rosemary What Happened
16. Obrey Wilson - If You Were There
17. Bob & Fred - I'll Be On My Way
18. Bobby Patterson - I'm In Love With You
19. The Limitations - I'm Lonely, I'm Troubled
20. James Carr - Coming Back To My Baby
21. Bob Relf - Blowing My Mind To Pieces
22. Doris Troy - But I Love Him
23. The Dells - Thinkin' 'Bout You
24. The Remarkables - I Can't Give up On (Losing You)
25. Gene Chandler - Mr Big Shot
26. The Trends - Thanks For A Little Lovin'
27. The Quotations - I Wanna Thank You
28. Gladys Knight & The Pips - Stop And Get A Hold Of Myself
29. The Magnificants - My Heart Is Calling
30. The Four Tops - Gotta Say It, Gotta Tell It Like It Is
31. The Conquistadors - Sadness And Madness
32. The O'Jays - Looky Looky (Look At Me Girl)
33. The Citations - (To Win The Race) Keep The Faith
34. The Soul Brothers Six - I'll Be Loving You
35. Two People - Stop, Leave My Heart Alone
36. The Andantes - Like A Nightmare
37. The Brooks Brothers - Looking For A Woman
38. Tommy Ridgley - My Love Gets Stronger
39. The Springers - Nothing's Too Good For My Baby
40. The Metros - Since I Found My Baby
41. The Magnetics - I Have A Girl
42. Tommy Bush - I Don't Like It (But I Love You)
43. Sidney Hall - The Weekend
44. Russell Harness - At The Disco
45. The Tranells - Blessed With A Love
46. The Belaires - I Got That Feeling
47. Kenny Carlton - Lost And Found
48. Matthew Barnett - If Your Love Is Real
49. Ann Perry - That's The Way It Is
50 . George Lemons - Fascinating Girl


Bob

imnokid said...

@Rick Saunders
I just discovered Malo about 5 years ago. Here's a 7 day link to Malo and Dos in one folder. They are very good! Not my original rips.
https://we.tl/t-skTmZbyIn9

Marty said...

Hello, Looking for Outsiders releases:

The Outsiders - Happening Live! 1967
The Outsiders - In 1967

Does anyone have and can post?
It would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Marty

Anonymous said...

HenkP

Both versions of Fortune Teller were recorded on July 9th, 1963

The version without harmonica has been released on the "More Hot Rocks" CDs in 2002.

We Were Falling in Love ( also known as Waving Hair ) was recorded on September 28th, 1964 is only available on Bootlegs.

Rank Stranger

Anonymous said...

Gaius said:

@Rick Saunders + Malo

When finishing the Brabara Mannings albums soon, I can do some 'Malo'.

BigGray said...

@ Rick Saunders

As expected, Myzuka has a number of Malo albums, mainly @ 320.

https://myzuka.club/Artist/98248/malo/Albums

As mentioned previously, set your browser to translate, download one track at a time.

G.

Anonymous said...

@Aaron Vincent

Thanks for Waking up the Snakes and your substitute album,Temporary Shelter,which I also didn't have. I'm sure many others will enjoy Johnny Dowd's talents.

Cheers,
Peter in Sydney

BigGray said...

@ Rick Saunders

A word of warning, only download the albums up to and including 1981's V. After that all the anthology songs are either on the first five albums or they're by different bands with the same name. The song on the Sesame Street album isn't on any other album.

Also, as Chrome is set to translate, the band name is showing as "Little".

G.

wally k said...

wally k said

Another slip of fingers,sorry about that will put the Regal on tonight

Roz said...

Thanks @Clash for It's Happening 1&2. Great share

Mike said...

ATTN - Professor RnR said... Pre-Hot 100 Pop Hits

What an AMAZING marathon you have been running! Want to thank you again for all the effort you put into this!
Cheers,
Mike M

imnokid said...

HenkP-Thanx for the Stones.

96dbFreak said...

@Gaius,

Thank you for the Hot Nun.

HenkP said...

Thanks Rank Stranger for the bits of Stones info; I wasn't aware 'Waving Hair' was recorded that late into '64 (Sept 28th). As for the drum parts on that one, I suspect it's not Charlie Watts. So unlike his style. Then again, as Andrew Oldham noted on the back of the Metamorphosis LP: "(...) No one kept a list to say /who played like this/ or clapped that way(...)"

Full Loog notes to be read here:

https://eu.rarevinyl.com/products/rolling-stones-metamorphosis-1st-uk-vinyl-lp-album-record-skl5212-73301?shpxid=26707243-4540-4b8a-8d14-d3876364da18

All the best, also to imnokid
-HP

The Chairman said...

RE: Stones UK First plus

Great discovery, thanks a lot HenkP! Best, TC

RiCK SAUNDERS said...

Thanks to @Imnokid for the Malo link and to Big Gray and Gaius for the help! y'all are the best!

Also, super cool to see so many of you getting into Johnny Dowd!

Thanks again,
-Rick

Anonymous said...

@HenkP

We Were Falling in Love is supposedly a demo for Lorraine Child.
I don't think any of the Stones plays on this song; probably the session men,
who also play on the Andrew Oldham Orchestra records.
So on drums: Clem Cattini? Andy White ?? Bobby Graham ???

Rank Stranger

dbtb said...

Recently came across an interesting Suavecito article

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20221123-suavecito-the-chicano-national-anthem?ocid=fbcul

RiCK SAUNDERS said...

Thanks for the article on Malo's Suavacito @dbtb! What a wonderful story. I've been obsessed with this song all week having re-discovered it after like 45+ years. Thanks again! -Rick