Thursday, 16 March 2023

…and now for something completely different! 1978 - 2023

These fucking politicians, warlords and religious... They don't know that they are as superfluous as telephone disinfectors and hairdressers! - RYP

We have a first entry each day that is a picture or a video, and only in that entry you can place your music links and requests (NO ALBUMS RELEASED IN 2021 AND AFTER, AND A DAILY LIMIT OF 3 ALBUMS AND NO REQUESTS FOR FLAC OR OTHER LOSSLESS, IF YOU WANT FLAC, BUY THE ALBUM)! Here you can say what you like, unless it's offensive, racist or discriminatory! Please keep your language polite and respectful. All other official posts will only allow comments related to the official posts and such. That way it will keep things much more organized and tidy. Enjoy! RYP and Gyro1966

43 comments:

Aaron Vincent said...

Radio Birdman's Deniz Tek and The Stooges James Williamson made this great record together in 2020, vital and high energy rock'n'roll sounds guaranteed.

James Williamson & Deniz Tek - Two To One (2020)
https://krakenfiles.com/view/ObroHeUGAf/file.html
https://www.discogs.com/release/15732033-James-Williamson-Deniz-Tek-Two-To-One

Jamaica's finest rocksteady group The Heptones debut album from 1967, released by Studio One. Remastered with two bonus tracks.

The Heptones - Same (1967)
https://krakenfiles.com/view/U4xAVXuQxB/file.html
https://www.discogs.com/master/253367-The-Heptones-The-Heptones

James Williamson & Deniz Tek - "Stable"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OwkUzeJzpo

The Heptones "Fatty Fatty"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqUYroRZmZw

Searnav said...


Various Artists – That Is Soul! – Volume 1

Dragonfly Records DFRTIS01

First in a series of 12 CDrs; tracks ripped from 45 rpm singles (both sides)

1. Millie Jackson - My Man Is A Sweet Man (2:40)
2. Millie Jackson - I Gotta Get Away (2:55)
3. The Jackson Five - What You Don't Know (4:20)
4. The Jackson Five - You Need Love Like I Do (4:03)
5. The Jackson Five - Forever Came Today (3:33)
6. The Jackson Five - All I Do Is Think Of You (3:06)
7. Ike & Tina Turner - Feel Good (3:19)
8. Ike & Tina Turner - Outrageous (2:15)
9. Ike & Tina Turner - Sweet Rhode Island Red (3:09)
10. Ike & Tina Turner - Get It Out Of Your Mind (3:08)
11. Ike & Tina Turner - I'm Yours (2:47)
12. Ike & Tina Turner - Doin' It (2:39)
13. Ike & Tina Turner - Sexy Ida Part 1 (2:52)
14. Ike & Tina Turner - Sexy Ida Part 2 (2:26)
15. Ike & Tina Turner - Baby Get It On (3:09)
16. Ike & Tina Turner - Ready For You Baby (3:04)
17. Rufus Thomas - Itch And Scratch Part 1 (3:07)
18. Rufus Thomas - Itch And Scratch Part 2 (2:56)
19. Rufus Thomas - Do The Funky Penguin Part 1 (3:04)
20. Rufus Thomas - Do The Funky Penguin Part 2 (3:06)
21. The Four Tops - Let Me Set You Free (4:15)
22. The Four Tops - Who's Right Who's Wrong (3:51)

Artwork Included (front, back, CD)

https://www39.zippyshare.com/v/os59j3vL/file.html

Anonymous said...

Bob Dylan - The Wild And Rambling Boy 1961-1962 [2010] CD4
https://we.tl/t-66wxiD1x7F

Bob Dylan Performing Artist Vol 5
https://we.tl/t-LMVSUINntU

Bucephalus

Searnav said...


New Riders Of The Purple Sage – Relix’s Best Of The New

Relix Records RRCD2082 (USA 1997)

Tracks 1-5 from Midnight Moonlight
Tracks 6-8 from Keep On Keepin’ On
Tracks 9-10 from Live In Japan

See these albums posts for lineups

1. Charlie's Garden (3:24)
2. Ballad Of The Deportees (3:21)
3. Taking It Hard (4:30)
4. Change In The Weather (4:12)
5. Diesel On My Tail (3:05)
6. Keep On Keepin' On (3:35)
7. Bounty Hunter (4:02)
8. Rancher's Daughter (3:02)
9. Early In The Morning (9:51)
10. Ripple (6:23)

Artwork Included (front, back, CD)

https://www99.zippyshare.com/v/egOSHNnX/file.html

Searnav said...


Caravan – In The Land Of Grey And Pink

Deram SDL-R1 (U.K. 1971)

Pye Hastings (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals)
Richard Sinclair (Bass Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Vocals)
David Sinclair (Organ, Piano, Mellotron, Backing Vocals)
Richard Coughlan (Drums, Percussion)

With help from

Dave Grinsted (Bells, Percussion)
Jimmy Hastings (Flute, Piccolo Flute, Tenor Saxophone)

1. Golf Girl (5:01)
2. Winter Wine (7:36)
3. Love To Love You (And Tonight Pigs Will Fly) (3:04)
4. In The Land Of Grey And Pink (5:01)
5. Nine Feet Underground (22:43)
- Nigel Blows A Tune
- Love's A Friend
- Make It 76
- Dance Of The Seven Paper Hankies
- Hold Grandad By The Nose
- Honest I Did!
- Disassociation
- 100% Proof

Artwork Included (gatefold cover front, back, inside, labels)

https://www77.zippyshare.com/v/9y7xb8V1/file.html

DooWopDaddyO said...





Little Neal & His Nightsurf (Berlin) - Demo Recordings
https://www.imagenetz.de/aBvHS


Magic Sam - The Cobra And Chief Recordings 1957-1961 (Fuel 2000 Records 302 061 104 2)
https://www.imagenetz.de/jLMBF


Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee - The 1958 London Sessions (Sequel Records NEX CD 120)
https://www.imagenetz.de/gt9Z8



The Masaccio of Gonzo said...

Hi TZ’ers!

Right up front my digital library is a huge folder that began many years ago. Though this 1st post is somewhat organized it’d take more time than I don’t have to neatly categorize the entire library folder. I realize that this’ll drive some folks insane but it’s the best I can do right now. Future offerings are gonna be a real grab bag kinda time lol

LITERATURE

Yasunari Kawabata (3), Richard Brautigan (4), Richard Hell (4), Richard Allen (5), Amiri Baraka (6), Iceberg Slim (6), George Saunders (9), Hunter Thompson (9), Terry Southern (9), Albert Camus (12), William Blake (12), Orrie Hitt (13), Charles Bukowski (19), Chester Himes (11), Cookie Mueller(3), Dave Hickey(6), Harry Crews (14), Hubert Selby Jr.(7), Haruki Murakamii (17) Beat Generation (70) , Hart Crane - Collected Poems & Letters (12)

https://we.tl/t-dGerAPWaGq

LITERATURE

David Foster Wallace (53)
Poetry (110)

https://we.tl/t-vvPttrNuRg

Links expires in 7 days

Enjoy!

P.S. Thank you both Earthbound & Humpty Dumpty for the John Lee Hooker!!!!

BigGray said...

Huey Lewis and The News

Part 3 of 9

1984-Live at The Kabuki, San Francisco
https://www.imagenetz.de/ii9yg

01 - The Heart Of Rock & Roll [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
02 - Change Of Heart [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
03 - Do You Believe In Love [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
04 - Heart And Soul [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
05 - Walking On A Thin Line [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
06 - Buzz Buzz Buzz [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
07 - Hearts [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
08 - If This Is It [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
09 - I Want A New Drug [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
10 - Hope You Love Me Like You Say You Do [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
11 - Tell Me A Little Lie [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
12 - Bad Is Bad [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
13 - Some Of My Lies Are True (Sooner Or Later) [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
14 - Workin For A Livin [live] - Huey Lewis And The News

1986-Fore!
https://www.imagenetz.de/h9xp2

Stuck With You - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J08ZwySCoJ8
Hip To Be Square - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB5YkmjalDg
Doin' It All For My Baby - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpdZvewjwJs

01 - Jacob's Ladder - Huey Lewis And The News
02 - Stuck With You - Huey Lewis And The News
03 - Whole Lotta Lovin' - Huey Lewis And The News
04 - Doin' It (All For My Baby) - Huey Lewis And The News
05 - Hip To Be Square - Huey Lewis And The News
06 - I Know What I Like - Huey Lewis And The News
07 - I Never Walk Alone - Huey Lewis And The News
08 - The Power Of Love - Huey Lewis And The News
09 - Forest For The Trees - Huey Lewis And The News
10 - Naturally - Huey Lewis And The News
11 - Simple As That - Huey Lewis And The News

1987-Bluesharp
https://www.imagenetz.de/jvhbc

01 - Jacob's Ladder [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
02 - I Never Walk Alone [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
03 - Walking On Thin Line [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
04 - Bad Is Bad [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
05 - Heart Of Rock'n Roll [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
06 - If This Is It [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
07 - Power Of Love [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
08 - Buzz Buzz Buzz [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
09 - Hip To Be Square [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
10 - Stuck With You [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
11 - Back In Time [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
12 - I Know What I Like [live] - Huey Lewis And The News
13 - I Want A New Drug [live] - Huey Lewis And The News

Gary Field said...

THURSDAY NIGHT VIDEO



The Last Remaining Episodes of...
FERNWOOD 2 NIGHT

EPISODE 61 - AMUSEMENT AND HEALING PARKS - SEPTEMBER 26,1977
Bob and Joanne Herlick tap dance the balcony scene from Romeo and Juliet. Nelson Phipps talks about the Amusement and Healing Parks.

https://we.tl/t-6tW1vXYOAT


EPISODE 62 - INDIAN PRINCESS - SEPTEMBER 27,1977
Princess Shosheen Rising Star tries to promote using Indians in movies; Dr. Turnbull discusses how puppets can be used in resolving problems between workers.

https://we.tl/t-fcSSMMrPAm


EPISODE 63 - FAN CLUB PRESIDENT - SEPTEMBER 28,1977

Barth Gimble fan club president Mercedes Blyweiss presents an award to Barth.

https://we.tl/t-dcxowvyEx7


EPISODE 64 - THE RANSOM - SEPTEMBER 29,1977
Happy Kyne talks about where songwriters get their inspiration. Happy and the Mirth-Makers sing ""Ice Cream Baby"". Barth interviews three heavily-disguised criminals. Barth explains to Jerry how cartoons work. Bud Prize talks about the ransom note. Somebody has his chow-chow! Barth gets a singing telegram -- actually a summons from Miami.

https://we.tl/t-4elebpmoLs


EPISODE 65 - SAVE FERNWOOD 2 NIGHT TELETHON - SEPTEMBER 30,1977
The set is bare after Barth sells most of the furnishings to avoid doing jail time in Miami. For the final episode of the series, Barth and Jerry stage a telethon to try and save the show. Two former guests return to join the telethon, Vern Taylor with his crazy rants and even crazier horn and Candy Lee Hargrove, who is just plain crazy. The show is replaced with America 2Night.

https://we.tl/t-j29jGek3Zd



Anonymous said...

Gaius said:

...Continuing with Dutch music and starting with the letter 'W'...

Some Beat-music for you with the Walkers from Maastricht. Seems to be a Spanish compilation.

The Walkers (Netherlands) - There's no more Corn on the Brasos, 1972
https://www.imagenetz.de/CVv4B




Professor RnR said...

Billboard Country (revised, remastered) C 1946.01
1. Wiley & Gene - Make Room In Your Heart For A Friend (2:54)
2. Wiley & Gene - Forgive Me (2:51)
3. Elton Britt - Someday (2:49)
4. Elton Britt - Weep No More, My Darlin' (2:55)
5. Tiny Hill & His Orchestra - Sioux City Sue (2:54)
6. Tiny Hill & His Orchestra - I'll Keep On Loving You (2:50)
7. Tiny Hill & His Orchestra - I'll Keep On Loving You '39 (2:36)
8. Hoosier Hot Shots - Sioux City Sue (2:52)
9. Hoosier Hot Shots - There's A Tear In My Beer Tonight (3:04)
10. Zeek Manners & His Band - Sioux City Sue (2:30)
11. Zeek Manners & His Band - Don't Dog Me 'Round (2:57)
12. Gene Autry - Silver Spurs (On The Golden Stairs) (2:22)
13. Gene Autry - Good Ole Fashioned Hoedown (2:43)
14. Jimmie Davis - Grievin' My Heart Out For You (2:55)
15. Jimmie Davis - I'm Sorry If That's The Way You Feel (2:24)
16. Wesley Tuttle - Detour (3:05)
17. Wesley Tuttle - I Wish I Had Never Met Sunshine (2:53)

Professor RnR said...

18. Spade Cooley - Detour (2:40)
19. Spade Cooley - You Can't Break My Heart (2:57)
20. Foy Willing - Detour (2:39)
21. Foy Willing - Someone Won Your Heart Little Darlin' (2:48)
22. Bill Monroe & His Blue Grass Boys - Kentucky Waltz (2:47)
23. Bill Monroe & His Blue Grass Boys - Rocky Road Blues (2:36)
24. Red Foley - Harriet (2:49)
25. Red Foley - My Poor Little Heart Is Broken (2:54)
26. Elton Britt - Detour (2:52)
27. Elton Britt - Make Room In Your Heart For A Friend (3:04)
28. Tex Ritter - Long Time Gone (3:02)
29. Tex Ritter - I'm Gonna Leave You Like I Found You (2:49)
30. Gene Autry - I Wish I Had Never Met Sunshine (2:51)
31. Gene Autry - You Only Want Me When You're Lonely (2:46)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=12xNQNROB__9Q62NyJP6L16jPoBoKamzc
pass: U15.03.23

Vin said...

Chronological Classics

These CDs were issued under Charles Brown’s name but they really should be Johnny Moore’s Three Blazers

Charles Brown - 1944-1945 (CC 894)

Charles Brown - 1946 (CC 971)

Charles Brown - 1946-1947 (CC 1088)

https://www.imagenetz.de/HkL7f

Anonymous said...

Gaius said:

@geriatrix + Clandestine

I had a look at the usual places (myzuka, myfreemp3, free-mp3-download.net...) for more Clandestine, but couldn't find much more. Here's my only one, Scottish music from Houston, Texas with female vocals (Jennifer Hamel).

Clandestine (USA) -The Haunting 1997
https://www.imagenetz.de/mFtYD

Anonymous said...

Gaius said:

Beautiful Folk from a female vocalist, born in the USA, but now based in Britain, This is:

Cassell Webb (USA / UK) - Songs of a Stranger 1989
https://www.imagenetz.de/RxR7u


la musica e vita said...

PD Martin - Come To Bed (official video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBQkZraIRBw

PD Martin - Strip It Down (official video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJBJsUXQrZ8

PD Martin - Tantric Beach Night (official video)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K9wEMjeD6k

la musica e vita said...

From the Netherlands [For RYP] Great Song, Great Video.

Summer Train - Sandy Coast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6YlSlKiyhY

la musica e vita said...

From the Netherlands

Sandy Coast - Eleanor Rigby
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taz28Bn7ECk

Sandy Coast - The Eyes Of Jenny (1981)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9GNAt2Ciw4

Sandy Coast - True Love That's A Wonder (Videoclip)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CsfOR2hpgRg

Does anyone have this album? Thank you's in advance.
2CD Album SANDY COAST Singles A's and B's (Netherlands)


Sandy Coast - Shipwreck(1969)Netherlands,(Psychedelic Rock, Prog Rock)

BrianF said...

Further to the flurry of Johnny Dowd offerings last week, here's a couple more which were self released CDs and normally only available from his web site or at gigs.

Johnny Dowd - 2001 - Live (At The Haunt, Ithaca NY, March 1, 2001)
https://workupload.com/file/WrMmLstmDHL
https://www.discogs.com/release/1642461-Johnny-Dowd-Live

Johnny Dowd - 2005 - Live At The Night And Day Cafe, Manchester, UK (Apr 17, 2004)
https://www.discogs.com/release/5390895-Johnny-Dowd-Live-At-The-Night-Day-Cafe-Manchester-UK
https://workupload.com/file/S6CRvMZSYE7

Cheers

Guitarradeplastico,scraping oddities said...

Many thanks DooWopDaddyO for

Magic Sam 

Request:

-Andrea Vereen & The St.Marks Choir -He Gives So Much (1978)

-Andrea Vereen & The St.Marks Choir -Going Up Yonder (1980) 

-Andrea Vereen & The St.Marks Choir -Say You Believe (1986)

Susan Donimus said...

Speaking of Civil War songs, I also have A Treasury Of Civil War Songs by Tom Glazer, if anyone wants that.
https://www.discogs.com/release/14400124-Tom-Glazer-A-Treasury-of-Civil-War-Songs

And I forgot to mention that Asyl Ching-Dong by Soul Flower Mononoke Summit, which I shared on Tuesday, contains a famous song from the American Civil War: Tōkyō Bushi. Check it out.

Susan Donimus said...

[ti][e][issedaway] #4

Two more albums pieced together from myfreemp3--and one split apart from myfreemp3!

Anna Russell (1953) Anna Russell Sings! Again?
https://www.discogs.com/master/514897-Anna-Russell-Anna-Russell-Sings-Again
https://www60.zippyshare.com/v/XSEgXEEH/file.html
[Comedy about classical music. This time the operas of Richard Wagner and Gilbert & Sullivan.]

Mayumi Itsuwa (1978) Nokoribi
https://www.discogs.com/release/6972532-%E4%BA%94%E8%BC%AA%E7%9C%9F%E5%BC%93-Mayumi-Itsuwa-%E6%AE%8B%E3%82%8A%E7%81%AB-Nokoribi
https://www60.zippyshare.com/v/oiyxEIo4/file.html
[Singer/songwriter reportedly known as the Japanese Carol King. Filling a gap in the generally extensive offerings of jpop80ss2.]

Noel Murphy (1974) Murf
https://www.discogs.com/release/5467782-Noel-Murphy-Murf
https://www60.zippyshare.com/v/kqtREYzU/file.html
[Irish singer/guitarist. Produced by Ian A. Anderson of Hot Vultures/ECBB/Tiger Moth/fRoots. Backing musicians include Mike Evans of Stackridge, Andy Leggett of Pigsty Hill Light Orchestra, and Hunt & Turner of Hunt & Turner. This one I could only find as a single track, which I have divided up.]

Mr Loog Oldham said...

Huge thank you to "The Masaccio of Gonzo" for the Big Lit Hit!

Susan Donimus said...

@JWDen - I apologize for inadvertently stirring up some old unpleasantness.

Psychfan said...

Thanks to DooWopDaddyO for Magic Sam and to Gaius for Cassell Webb.

Anonymous said...

Gaius said:

@la musica e vita + Dutch band 'Sandy Coast'

I have most of their albums and will do them in the next days.

wally k said...

wally k said

tonight is the second volume of Battle Records

BATTLE RECORDS VOL.2
https://www.imagenetz.de/MgpZs

Searnav said...

La Musica, Sandy Coast tomorrow

Aaron Vincent said...

@BrianF

Many thanks for those rare shows with Johnny Dowd! :-)

HenkP said...

For Aaron Vincent:

DM Bob & The Deficits, the only three releases I have been able to trace (2 albums, one 45). I wouldn’t mind seeing their other stuff posted here - anyone?

I gratefully owe the 2001 album to TZ RYP’s Gyro1966, posted in March 2015. Not sure where the 1996 album came from, but thanks to that uploader too (sometime in Feb 2017). The 7inch 45 is an item I own myself.

DM Bob & The Deficits - 2001 - Cajun Creole Hot Nuts
https://krakenfiles.com/view/u39JrJFp8d/file.html
https://www.imagenetz.de/b4FyX
https://workupload.com/file/mvBGgs3MMkr


DM Bob & The Deficits - 1996 - Bad With Wimen
https://krakenfiles.com/view/0J6daCBqVB/file.html
https://www.imagenetz.de/QXDjN
https://workupload.com/file/rN7EZWQSvS9


DM Bob & The Deficits – 1996 - Mexico Americano b/w Bandido Mexicano (7’’ 45)
https://krakenfiles.com/view/n1zT2L89nC/file.html
https://www.imagenetz.de/uN8vg
https://workupload.com/file/cYUfx2V7bYF

Here’s a query link for DM Bob at TZ-RYP:
https://twilightzone-rideyourpony.blogspot.com/search?q=DM+BOB

Unfortunately I don’t have any DMBob related releases by The Watzloves.
https://www.discogs.com/artist/1476757-The-Watzloves

Old Watzloves related blog post (2014) - http://primitivegarage.blogspot.com/2014/10/thee-marvelous-mysterious-asthmatic.html


Cheers & kudos, also to BrianF for posting Johnny Dowd live.
-HP

FiveGunsWest said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Apesville said...

Enrica (NY) 45rpm

Track List

https://anorakrockabilly45rpm.blogspot.com/2023/03/enrica-ny-45rpm.html

Download

https://krakenfiles.com/view/QwWjD2DXOq/file.html

Ansina said...

Thanks for the books @The Masaccio of Gonzo!

Aaron Vincent said...

@HenkP

Thanks a lot for the DM Bob & The Deficits, it's gonna be a treassure listening to those. Cheerss!

96dbFreak said...

I don't understand why people have to make a fuss about things that other people post. If you don't like it, just keep scrolling.

I've spent half my life in the UK and the other half in Australia. Firesign Theatre means nothing to me, but if it gives some Americans a nostalgia buzz then all well and good. There's plenty of old UK comedy that I'd love to see and hear again that would leave Americans cold. So I just scroll past and look for stuff I like.

Gospel, country, blues and (most) folk? Nein danke. Not my cup o' tea, mate. Give me some good old fashioned pop, rock, reggae and soul. But I don't mind if other people want to share/enjoy those things. It would be a boring old world if we all liked the same thing. Just keep scrolling.

Know where similar material can be obtained? Great. Post a link. Then just keep scrolling.

RYP provides a fantastic forum here where music lovers (and others) can share, request and enjoy a huge variety of things. Let's just celebrate that largesse and just keep scrolling.

Unknown said...

@BrianF - Thanks a million for the Johnny Dowd. I had all the studio stuff, but not the live shows. One of my old bands opened for him twice, so these recordings really bring back great memories!

Thanks,

Green Lion

Mike said...

ATTN - Susan Donimus said...
Thanks for your Mayumi offering - a nice suprise!

re Mayumi Itsuwa
Two albums I bought when I lived in Japan.
Sorry for the low volume @192, but all I knew at the time...

Mayumi I-x2.rar
link: https://www49.zippyshare.com/v/x470VV9s/file.html


Cheers,
Mike M

la musica e vita said...


Susan Donimus,
Anna Russel? Never expected that one on TZ!
brings back memories of my childhood. Think my dad bought it.
Thank you. She was a Funny and clever lady

Anonymous said...

There is something I don't have, but would like to... does anyone have
With a Little Help from My Fwends by the flaming lips?

Bucephalus

Psychfan said...

Thanks to Susan Donimus for the Noel Murphy LP.
Your hard work on this is appreciated.

Andyrock66 said...

Hello guys! I'm searchin' for
Miller Anderson - Bright City (1971) with 8 bonus tracks by Esoteric Records (2023)
As always, thank you very much in advance!

Searnav said...

AndyRock = Miller Anderson from 2023 ???

garagekings said...

@96db Freak

Hear, hear!

Jeff in Sydney