Friday, 30 September 2022

"Felix Hernandez presents Rhythm Review"

You won't find any faults with this collection. Felix Hernandez plays Classic Soul on Jammin' 105.1 FM in New York Saturday Mornings, and Sunday Nights...
...He sponsors popular, packed-to-the-walls dances at the Roseland where patrons boogie from nine p.m. Saturday Evening to four a.m. Sunday Morning. The tracks represent what Hernandez broadcasts and plays at his dances. He includes both sides of Archie Bell & the Drell's "Tighten Up," and Gene Chandler's "Rainbow 65." Innocent soul by the Lovelites "How Can I Tell My Mom And Dad," and Jan Bradley's "Mama Didn't Lie" play alongside harder edged cuts by Theola Kilgore ("The Love Of My Man,") and James Browns' "Lost Someone." Soul in every form from the Five Stairsteps' dreamy "World Of Fantasy," to Otis Redding's demanding "Respect," nothing but hits, hits, and more hits - a whopping 53 tracks. (Andrew Hamilton, Allmusic)

trax disc 1:
1. Tighten Up, Part 1 - Archie Bell & The Drells 2. Tighten Up, Part 2 - Archie Bell & The Drells 3. In The Midnight Hour - Wilson Pickett 4. World Of Fantasy - The Five Stairsteps 5. This Can't Be True - Eddie Holman 6. I Love You 1000 Times - The Platters 7. Respect - Aretha Franklin 8. No Man Is An Island - The Van Dykes 9. Dry Your Eyes - Brenda & The Tabulations 10. Boogaloo Down Broadway - The Fantastic Johnny C 11. Never Let Me Go - The Impressions 12. Mama Didn't Lie - Jan Bradley 13. If I Remember To Forget - Little Anthony & The Imperials 14. Statue Of A Fool - David Ruffin 15. I'm Gonna Miss You - The Artistics 16. The Wind - The Jesters 17. Are You Lonely For Me Baby? - Freddie Scott 18. You Gave Me Peace Of Mind - The Spaniels
trax disc 2:
1. It's All Right - The Impressions 2. Time Is On My Side - Irma Thomas 3. Piece Of My Heart - Erma Franklin 4. Go Now - Bessie Banks 5. You're No Good - Betty Everett 6. Yes, I'm Ready - Barbara Mason 7. Any Day Now (My Wild Beautiful Bird) - Chuck Jackson 8. Clean Up Woman - Betty Wright 9. You'll Lose A Good Thing - Barbara Lynn 10. No One Else - June Conquest 11. Just Ain't No Love - Barbara Acklin 12. Lost Someone - James Brown 13. Stop Her On Sight (S.O.S.) - Edwin Starr 14. The Love Of My Man - Theola Kilgore 15. Get On Up - The Esquires 16. Follow Your Heart - The Manhattans 17. Twist & Shout - The Isley Brothers 18. This Broken Heart - The Sonics
trax disc 3:
1. Love Is All Right (The Horse) - Cliff Nobles 2. I Do Love You - Billy Stewart 3. Hypnotized - Linda Jones 4. I Really Love You - The Ambassadors 5. God Bless Our Love - Gene Chandler 6. He'll Be Back - Gene Chandler 7. How Can I Tell My Mom And Dad - The Lovelites 8. Think - Aretha Franklin 9. Since I Fell For You - Laura Lee 10. Knock On Wood - Eddie Floyd 11. Sweet Dreams - Mighty Sam 12. Girls Are Out To Get You - The Fascinations 13. Oh How It Hurts - Barbara Mason 14. Rescue Me - Fontella Bass 15. Go On - The United Four 16. Rainbow '65, Parts I & II - Gene Chandler 17. Candy - Big Maybelle
...Many Thanks to clash for the Rhythm Review share! served by Gyro1966...

4 comments:

RYP said...

"Felix Hernandez presents Rhythm Review"
…served by Gyro1966...
gitit! no pw
https://www8.zippyshare.com/v/T9FaTnSb/file.html
or
https://www.imagenetz.de/uGAMJ

Roz said...

thanks

Psychfan said...

Very nice, thank you!

DenBear said...

Thanks, Gyro!

How could I possibly resist a collection that opens with Tighten Up, Parts 1 and 2?