Personnel:Bass – Carl Pruitt / Drums – Henry Duncan / Piano – James Madison / Tenor Saxophone – Roland Kirk
traxfromwax:
1 Roland's Theme 2 Slow Groove 3 Stormy Weather (Keeps Rainin' All The Time) 4 The Nearness Of You 5 A La Carte 6 Easy Living 7 Triple Threat
Ripped from Vinyl by RYP with Audacity 3.2 - Thorens TD 318/Audio-Technica 95E / Yamaha A-S301

10 comments:
Roland Kirk "Triple Threat"
gitit! no pw
https://mega.nz/file/wTQQmRAT#c1kdxSMMf5YdtLhBTWVEv4_2865jtJJ3nofxSto1aK4
RYP ... you low down dirty dawg! There's more? Sweeeet. Tx
Yes, 16 more, my complete Kirk collection! I bought a new amplifier, tuner, new speakers and a new pickup system for my 35 year old Thorens turntable. Audacity does the rest...
Next 22x Charles Mingus...
Thank you!
A record I never heard before by my favourite Jazz Musician posted on the loveliest blog in the net, that`s just great. Dankeschön
"Yes, 16 more, my complete Kirk collection! I bought a new amplifier, tuner, new speakers and a new pickup system for my 35 year old Thorens turntable. Audacity does the rest...
Next 22x Charles Mingus..."
Oh man, oh man oh Manischewitz! The new system must be grand! Sounds super exciting. And ... 16 more to boot.
I was a wee lad of 14 when he came through Columbus, Ohio. He was interviewed on the local 'underground' radio station, and he was so knowledgeable about music and other things, just really blew my mind so I went to see him downtown in a little club and have never been the same or been so humbled as a musician ... except for when Jaco Pastorius showed up at China Blue and came into my rehearsal space and jammed with us. Played every instrument and embarrassed us all so bad we wanted to quit music forever. Thanks in advance for your Roland Kirk.
Roland Yes Please!!!!
For me blues was the foundation but jazz is the building and what an amazing building. Many thanks. Love Roland Kirk, an astonishing contributor up there on the 75th level with Thelonious and a few others. Many thanks R(oland)Y(es)P(lease)!!!!!
Many thanks for the Roland run.
RYP!
You are always capable of surprising me!
Never expected Roland Kirk on the home page!
back in about 1973 I saw Roland Kirk at the Sydney Town Hall.
Made the mistake of bragging about it to my mate,
He says to me, 'no, I missed that. But - I was at the Basement later the night and caught the Jam Session.
Ouch! What a put-down!
And hey thank you!
Many thanks
Post a Comment