Friday, 9 September 2022

…and now for something completely different! 1790 - 2022

These arrogant fucking politicians, warlords and religious don't give a fuck about us, they only pretend! Go to hell! They don't know that they are as superfluous as telephone disinfectors and hairdressers! It is to cry for! - RYP

We have a first entry each day that is a picture or a video, and only in that entry you can place your music links and requests (NO ALBUMS RELEASED IN 2020 AND AFTER, AND A DAILY LIMIT OF 3 ALBUMS)! Here you can say what you like, unless it's offensive, racist or discriminatory! Please keep your language polite and respectful. All the rest official posts will only allow comments related to the official posts and such. That way it will keep things much more organized and tidy. Enjoy! RYP and Gyro1966

53 comments:

Aaron Vincent said...

Tres & Kitsy LP Dandelions from 1971 is probably one of the most sought after and most expensive records out there. The duo was two ten year old girls who was some US local singing acts at the time, their father was an well respected jazz musician, and brought his daughters to the studio and recorded this album folk-pop album. The music sounds incredible sweet and innocent, sounds like timeless indie pop of the finest sort, way ahead of it's time. Musically they sounds like a cross between The Vaselines, Belle & Sebastian, Television Personalities, Beat Happening and some rare DIY-indie Glasgow acts from the mid 80s, I think. Incredible sounds. One of my all time fav records. Very very strange that this album never got reissued.

Tres & Kitsy - Dandelions (1971)
https://www.discogs.com/release/2988300-Tres-Kitsy-Dandelions
https://krakenfiles.com/view/M3LLYtjPl8/file.html

Interview with the girls from 2014:
https://savagesaints.blogspot.com/2014/08/the-children-of-sunshine-dandelions-1971.html

And here are The Muppets Fozzie and Rolwf with loaded pickles in Cowboy Time!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDi_fP_3VXA

zigzagwanderer said...

@ BrianF

Richard Dobson - the last I have off your wants list .

Dopplegaenger
https://krakenfiles.com/view/sVSFxevS45/file.html

From A Distant Shore
https://krakenfiles.com/view/lakvsyelPG/file.html

Enjoy !!

Herick M said...

== The Unclaimed / Thee Fourgiven / Lee Joseph – (Rock And Hard Rolls) Live In Europe '87 ==

https://mega.nz/file/7hQhkaLI#3vRm1-jjxymVLrNm1SCemcW1MZZ-6iU09Cq-oJDB-ik

Tracklist:
01.- Lee Joseph - Glue Sniffing Revival
02.- Lee Joseph - Splash 1
03.- Lee Joseph - Say It Is Not So
04.- Lee Joseph - Ballad Of A Headless Man
05.- Lee Joseph - See Your Face
06.- Lee Joseph - Real Cool Time
07.- The Unclaimed - Everything's There
08.- The Unclaimed - Some Times Good Guys Don't Wear White
09.- The Unclaimed - My Girlfriend Is A Witch
10.- The Unclaimed - It's A Bikini Worl
11.- The Unclaimed - Bad Girl
12.- Thee Fourgiven - Lead Yourself
13.- Thee Fourgiven - Sorry For You
14.- Thee Fourgiven - She Shines / Be My Lover
15.- Thee Fourgiven - Yeah!

https://www.discogs.com/release/2119199-The-Unclaimed-Thee-Fourgiven-Lee-Joseph-Rock-And-Hard-Rolls-Live-In-Europe-87

BigGray said...

I feel like a change of pace, and I'll return to the Moody Blues in a few days.


Larkin Poe

Larkin Poe is an American roots rock band originally from north Georgia, currently based in Nashville, Tennessee, and fronted by sisters Rebecca Lovell (born January 30, 1991) and Megan Lovell (born May 12, 1989). Featuring strong southern harmonies, heavy electric guitar riffs, and slide guitar, they are often touted as "the little sisters of the Allman Brothers". The band performed at the 2014 and 2016 Glastonbury Festival and were voted "Best Discovery of Glastonbury 2014" by the UK's The Observer. The sisters have also toured as backing musicians for a variety of other bands, most notably Elvis Costello, Conor Oberst of Bright Eyes, Kristian Bush of Sugarland, and Keith Urban.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larkin_Poe



Larkin Poe, Rebecca and Megan's great-great-great-great grandfather, was the brother of Edgar Allan.

These ladies are something special. Megan is a wizard (I know that's the wrong gender, but I couldn't call her a witch) on the lap steel, Rebecca plays electric and acoustic guitar, dobro, banjo and mandolin (and probably other instruments as well), and sings brilliantly. The harmonies are everything that you would expect from siblings.


There is an absolute truckload of custom Larkin Poe albums at Albums That Should Exist - Stray Tracks Albums, Alternate Albums, Concerts, Home Concerts from 2020 and all (or at least, most of) the Tip o' The Hat covers series. Until I saw the posts there in December 2020, I had never heard of the band. A huge thank you to the blog owner for making me aware of their brilliance.
https://albumsthatshouldexist.blogspot.com/search?q=larkin+poe

Here are a couple of my favourites from the albums on that blog

Black Betty - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px1AvCACChw

Mad As A Hatter - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGEjbJkxFhs

There are a whole lot of live performances on YouTube. Also on YouTube, Megan has a series of lap steel instructional videos, for all you budding lap steel players out there.

Part 1 of 4

These four EPs are really early and are more of a continuation of the bluegrass sound of The Lovell Sisters (Rebecca and Megan with older sister Jessica). Rebecca was only 19 when these were recorded, and hadn't yet developed the full power of her voice.

2010-Band for All Seasons - I. Spring
https://www.imagenetz.de/bhZXv

Ball And Chain - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJGOojM4RaU

01 - Long Hard Fall - Larkin Poe
02 - We Intertwine - Larkin Poe
03 - Burglary - Larkin Poe
04 - To Myself - Larkin Poe
05 - Shadows Of Ourselves - Larkin Poe
06 - The Principle Of Silver Lining - Larkin Poe
07 - Ball And Chain - Larkin Poe
08 - Nothin' But Air - Larkin Poe
09 - Fairbanks Alaska - Larkin Poe

2010-Band for All Seasons - II. Summer

01 - Praying For The Bell - Larkin Poe
02 - Sea Song - Larkin Poe
03 - Wrestling A Stranger - Larkin Poe
04 - Natalie - Larkin Poe
05 - Enough For You - Larkin Poe
06 - By The Pier - Larkin Poe
07 - In My Time Of Dying (live) - Larkin Poe
08 - Principle Of Silver Lining (live) - Larkin Poe
09 - Teardrop (live) - Larkin Poe

2010-Band for All Seasons - III. Fall

01 - Memories - Larkin Poe
02 - Horse Shoes & Hand Grenades - Larkin Poe
03 - Just In Case - Larkin Poe
04 - Spooked - Larkin Poe
05 - It Gets Better As You Go - Larkin Poe
06 - Fall From The Tree - Larkin Poe

Disc IV will be posted tomorrow

Searnav said...

R.I.P. Queen Elisabeth II

Long Live King Charles III

Various Artists – Royal Music

“The Kings Are Here”

A 3-CD set of songs by artists whose names contains “King”.

There are many more, but I had to stop somewhere.

Disc 1

1. Ben E. King - Stand By Me (2:53)
2. King Perry - Till The Very End Of My Days (2:38)
3. Jonathan King - Everyone's Gone To The Moon (2:28)
4. Saunders King - Blues About Midnight (2:34)
5. King Richard And The Knights - Work Out Sally (2:38)
6. Cast King - Saw Mill Man (2:16)
7. Shelley King - The Highway (3:56)
8. Burt Blanca & The King Creoles - Ursula (2:10)
9. The King Twisters - Las Vegas Twist (2:57)
10. Carole King - Crying In The Rain (1:51)
11. B.B. King - Days Of Old (2:27)
12. King Curtis - You Don't Miss Your Water (2:39)
13. The Road Kings - Gunslinger (3:51)
14. I Kings - If You Gotta Go, Go Now (2:18)
15. Pee Wee King & His Golden West Cowboys - Tennessee Waltz (2:58)
16. The King's Court - Don't Put Me On (2:43)
17. The Funky Kings - So Long (2:38)
18. King's Sacred Quartette - Turn Your Radio On (2:50)
19. Randy King & The FM Duo - Jelly Bean (1:40)
20. The Kingsmen - Bo Diddley Bach (2:12)
21. The Domino Kings - Either Way (3:52)
22. Freddie King - Gimme Some Lovin' (4:06)
23. King Crimson - Groon (3:31)
24. Joe ''King'' Carrasco & The Crowns - 96 Tears (5:23)
25. Kingsize Taylor - Memphis Tennessee (2:46)
26. Ricky King - Albatross (3:01)
27. The Teen Kings (featuring Roy Orbison) - A Cat Called Domino (2:05)
28. The Duke & The King - Radio Song (4:01)
29. Eddie Martin & His King Serenaders - Song Of The Islands (2:57)
30. The Five Kings - Here Comes My Baby (2:52)

Disc 2

1. King Cardinal - Mr. Spaceman (2:19)
2. Walter Clevenger & The Dairy Kings - Full Circle (2:21)
3. Michael Weston King - Here's The Plan (5:06)
4. The King (Another James Brown) - Sympathy For The Devil (5:09)
5. Anna King & Bobby Byrd - Baby Baby Baby (2:27)
6. Phil Orsi & The Little Kings - Come On Everybody (2:06)
7. Kingfish - I Hear You Knockin' (4:21)
8. Bill Wyman's Rhythm Kings - You Never Can Tell (3:53)
9. Billy King & The Star Notes - Stormy (1:56)
10. The Beat Kings - Shakin' All Over (2:33)
11. King Earl Boogie Band - Plastic Jesus (3:44)
12. The Cover Kings - Boppin' The Blues (2:24)
13. King Wolf & The Hound Dogs - Little Sister (3:11)
14. King Karl - Goodbye Whiskey (2:15)
15. Chuck King - I'm Gonna Be A Wheel Someday (1:55)
16. Hila King & His Newports - Death Valley (2:04)
17. Hannes & His Ballroom Kings - Rip It Up (3:03)
18. King Coleman - Do The Hully Gully (1:37)
19. Bill Wyman And The Rhythm Kings - Tobacco Road (4:31)
20. The Lee Kings - Like A Rolling Stone (3:05)
21. Mabel King - Alabama Rock 'n' Roll (2:42)
22. King Ivory Lee - Rockin' In The Coconut Top (2:00)
23. King Junior Xl - Hound Dog (3:57)
24. King Rocker - High School Confidential (2:24)
25. Los Crazy Kings - Los Crazy Kings (1:34)
26. The Kingtones - Twins (2:10)
27. The Royal Kings - Teachin' And Preachin' (2:01)
28. The Lustre Kings - Bop-A-Lena (2:24)
29. The Boogie Woogie Kings - Boogie Woogie Country Girl (3:02)
30. Kathie King - Handle With Care (2:07)

Searnav said...


Disc 3

1. King Salami & The Cumberland Three - Big Blon' Baby (1:37)
2. Mitch King & Rock Cats Rock - Baby, Let's Play House (2:41)
3. The King Brothers - Cold, Cold Shower (2:02)
4. Jerry King & The Rivertown Ramblers - Forty Days (3:23)
5. Earl King - You Can Fly High (2:14)
6. N. A. Stephenson & The Four Kings - Boogie Woogie Country Girl (2:16)
7. Marvin 'Lefty' Wright & His Rhythm Kings - One O'Clock Boogie (1:59)
8. Johnny King - Baby, Let's Play House (2:12)
9. Clydie King - I'll Never Stop Loving You (2:13)
10. The Mojo Kings - Runaway (2:29)
11. The King Edward Teds - Shakin' All Over (2:39)
12. Kid King's Combo - Banana Split (3:05)
13. The Kustom Kings - In My '40 Ford (2:14)
14. The Mello-Kings - Baby Tell Me (Why, Why, Why) (2:02)
15. Joannie King - OK Doll, It's A Deal (1:54)
16. Jack King - I Just Learned To Rock (2:17)
17. Bob Harris & The Kings Four - Bertha Lou (2:40)
18. The Four Kings - Rose Of Tangier (2:54)
19. Sid King & The Five Strings - Good Rockin' Baby (2:28)
20. Alan Pierce & The Tone Kings - Swampwater (1:34)
21. King Cotton - Lloyd Lambert (2:49)
22. Eddie King - If You Wish (2:11)
23. The King Pins - Gotty Get A Good Thing (2:18)
24. Jessie Lee King & His Crowns - Nervous Wreck 1959 (2:14)
25. Clifford King - Chicken Shack Boogie (2:36)
26. Mack King - You Look Better Going (2:11)
27. The Swing Kings - Just Fooling Around (1:58)
28. Bocephus King - Down By The River (5:50)
29. King Lizard - Man Without A Country (3:56)
30. Freddy & The Kingfolks - The Goat (2:11)

Artwork Included

Disc 1 + Disc 2

https://www94.zippyshare.com/v/1KUn6nsI/file.html

Disc 3 + Artwork

https://www94.zippyshare.com/v/nQ1SBEGq/file.html

RYP said...

Herick, you seem to have the same taste as me! Thank you for Joseph and company...

tads44 said...

Chronological Classics #951 Duke Ellington & His Orchestra 1945 Vol. 2 (1997)
https://www91.zippyshare.com/v/yNBpDetC/file.html

Chronological Classics #950 Hot Lips Page 1944-1946 (1997)
https://www116.zippyshare.com/v/rdeN35zU/file.html

Chronological Classics #949 Stan Kenton & His Orchestra 1946 (1997)
https://www57.zippyshare.com/v/VfnK2cyJ/file.html

BrianF said...

@Dusty
Disc 4 of 4 of The UK Sue Label Story. Link valid for 7 days.

https://workupload.com/file/BS7XuuRECsQ
-------------------------------------------
When I posted the Richard Dobson discs last week someone flagged up British songwriter and guitarist Wes McGhee. Here's his first two albums, ripped from the vinyl @320kbps:

Wes McGhee - 1978 - Long Nights And Banjo Music. Link valid for 7 days.

https://workupload.com/file/LfhfhwWnhMa

Wes McGhee - 1980 - Airmail. Link valid for 7 days.

https://workupload.com/file/KmhcBzhSAxC
-------------------------------------------
@Shiloh - next batch of Do The 45 tomorrow.

@zigzagwanderer - thanks once again for the latest Richard Dobson uploads.

Cheers

Anonymous said...

ALABAMA LIVE
https://we.tl/t-OZRyVH1yGm
atlanta-rhythm-section-1981-savoy-wnew-ny
https://we.tl/t-MUpE1ky9YL
Aimee Mann_2000&2003_Hamburg-VA
https://we.tl/t-Sqem83TauM

Bucephalus

Apesville said...

2nd vol. of Hickory (TN) 45rpm The 1100 series

track list go

https://anorakrockabilly45rpm.blogspot.com/2022/09/hickory-tn-45rpm-vol2-1100-series.html

https://pixeldrain.com/u/pwtJDX49

Professor RnR said...

Billboard R&B 1951 Part 5 (updated & remastered)
1. Camille Howard - Money Blues (2:30)
2. Camille Howard - Easy (2:43)
3. Piano Red - Layin' The Boogie (2:21)
4. Piano Red - Baby, What's Wrong (2:46)
5. The Clovers - Fool, Fool, Fool (2:33)
6. The Clovers - Needless (3:15)
7. The Cardinals - Shouldn't I Know (3:10)
8. The Cardinals - Please Don't Leave Me (2:41)
9. The Larks - Little Side Car (2:39)
10. The Larks - Hey Little Girl (2:43)
11. Billy Wright - Hey, Little Girl (2:50)
12. Billy Wright - Gotta Find My Baby (2:23)
13. John Lee Hooker - I'm In The Mood (3:07)
14. John Lee Hooker - How Can You Do It (2:40)
15. Charles Brown - Seven Long Days (3:00)
16. Charles Brown - Don't Fool With My Heart (3:07)

Professor RnR said...

17. John Godfrey Trio - Hey Little Girl (2:59)
18. John Godfrey Trio - Booging The Blues (2:25)
19. Tampa Red - Pretty Baby Blues (3:00)
20. Tampa Red - Since My Baby's Been Gone (2:48)
21. Arthur 'Big Boy' Crudup - I'm Gonna Dig Myself A Hole (2:59)
22. Arthur 'Big Boy' Crudup - Too Much Competition (2:53)
23. Arthur 'Big Boy' Crudup - I'm Gonna Dig Myself A Hole (Alt. Take) (3:14)
24. Percy Mayfield - Prayin' For Your Return (2:57)
25. Percy Mayfield - My Blues (2:52)
26. Dinah Washington - Cold, Cold Heart (3:21)
27. Dinah Washington - Mixed Emotions (2:59)
28. Earl Bostic - Flamingo (2:42)
29. Earl Bostic - I'm Getting Sentimental Over You (2:54)
30. Howlin' Wolf - How Many More Years (2:44)
31. Howlin' Wolf - Moanin' At Midnight (2:56)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GE1g6wjBe7A7iZgQUwiSXMYs8z2RdIRm
pass: U08.08.22

la musica e vita said...

From Canada, legendary Garage/Beat band, the Ugly Ducklings.

The Ugly Ducklings - Nothin'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK_pLAuy1c0

THE UGLY DUCKLINGS - "GASLIGHT" - 1967
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUuTvLMAoCA

The Ugly Ducklings - Just in case you wonder
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTyWSMltqm4

THE UGLY DUCKLINGS - MOMENT OF MADNESS - 1982
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmh57ZKGB24

The Ugly Ducklings - 10:30 Train
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmfzSkke194

THE UGLY DUCKLINGS - "HANGMAN"- FEB 1968
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88FTIQupOtw

THE UGLY DUCKLINGS - I'M A MAN - Nov.'66 "Live"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxQ7IigJp0c

THE UGLY DUCKLINGS - THE BAND PLAYED ON - 1980
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJS-A-GzwhY

THE UGLY DUCKLINGS - IT'S ALL OVER NOW - 1982
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKSrcH_P81o

The Ugly Ducklings
https://www.discogs.com/artist/392018-The-Ugly-Ducklings
And should any kind person have one or more Duckings albums, I would be in your debt.

And here is the Ducklings main man, Dave Bingham has been up to more recently.

DAVE 'DJ' BINGHAM & CHUY SANCHEZ & MAGIC TOWN - FREEDOM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWQjI7QcYxY

DAVE 'D.J.' BINGHAM & The LOST CHORDS - HERE WE ARE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM8H0h60BJQ

DAVE "D.J". BINGHAM & "LOOSE CHANGE" - WHEN I LOOK AT YOU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi_SB8aJ72Y

DAVE "D.J." BINGHAM & BENTROOTS - IT TOOK A FOOL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1a2U8RAFx3U

la musica e vita said...

and now for something else completely difference.
Spanish Singer/songwriter Mikel Erentxun.

As you will hear,his compositions are musically excellent.
I can't speak for his lyrics, since believe it or not,I don't speak Spanish.
So,if anybody on TZ speaks Spanish, a gift for you.

A radio session and 2 concerts.

Mikel Erentxun Abierto hasta las 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHd0XxqCK6I

23 mayo 2020 Concierto Mikel Erentxun Kulturenea
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9yWISz4-Mc

Mikel Erentxun 53º Heineken Jazzaldia San Sebastián
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRySxxzJs_I

Mister Movie Club said...

Free Friday Films brings you...

THE SECRET ADVENTURES OF TOM THUMB

Very little is known about this amazing and moody stop-motion feature film that found itself on the shelves of the more esoteric video rental stores during the mid-90’s, but The Secret Adventures of Tom Thumb is written, directed, shot and edited by someone named Dave Borthwick- and it’s unlike anything you’ll ever see.

A mixture of claymation, stop-motion puppets and live humans (all interacting in the same universe) Tom Thumb has a Brothers Quay feel on the surface, in that it’s dark and creepy… but with a much stronger sense of narrative and focus than anything those guys put out. Tom is a tiny claymation baby, born to human parents by way of some bizarre artificial insemination accident. Though they seem to love and care for him, some men in black suits and hats whisk Tom away to a lab where they experiment on a variety of grotesque creatures. Tom escapes, searching for a way back to his father in this cold, cruel world.

Completely devoid of any discernible dialogue, Tom Thumb is a challenging film to watch, even at a mere sixty minutes- but that single viewing will stick with you for decades… at least it did with me. Watching it again almost 30 years later, I was surprised by how clearly I remembered so many of these abstracted scenes. More mood than story, the film nevertheless works on a visceral, subliminal level that pulls you in. Its world is slimy, gross and toxic, yet there’s an odd tenderness and innocence within Tom that keeps the film from drowning in its own heaviness.

The animation style, too, is not just technically amazing (those actors had to sit still for hours while bits of clay were animated frame by frame) but creates a surreal sensibility you’d never get with traditional live action film… or drawn 2D animation, or the more prevalent and popular 3D CGI of today. Tom Thumb is a messy, tactile film meant to be felt and experienced, floating in a world that barely remembers its existence.

https://movieclub578540955.wordpress.com/2022/09/09/the-secret-adventures-of-tom-thumb/comment-page-1/#comment-286

Anonymous said...

Gaius said:

Die Dorados, sometimes called 'The 5 Dorados' started as a Garage Rock band in Switzerland in the first half of the 60's, presenting the usual cover versions, sometimes translated into German (Satisfaction - Keine Klasse). In their beginnings they prefered a little bit the Beach Boy style of music and soon began to add their own material to the albums.Later - until the end of the 70's - they became a real show band, appearing a lot on TV. Here they are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmDs0_NVym8

The 5 Dorados (Switzerland) - The first Album, 1965
https://www.imagenetz.de/AAR3D


skipmooose said...


Att: Gary Field, keep those P.A.D.'s Rockin'...Thank You...mOOOse :)

Bob said...

@ Ron

I am adding to the Hy-Tone label, so I will post when I have completed it. There are a few more track I would like, so I'm putting out a request.

soulpapa said...

CURIOUS............we all download massive amounts of music here in various forms. I've always burned CDs from them to enjoy at home or while driving. These days we have many ways to listen to our music but I'm wondering how others are doing it. For instance, my vehicles no longer have CD players. I've loaded up an MP3 player and plugged it into my auto USB connection. I've heard some are listening via bluetooth to remote speakers and wonder how they're converting downloaded MPs's into listenable, continuous play albums. Yes, I'm as old as dirt so maybe I need a digitable update myself! I'd love to hear what you are doing to enjoy all this fabulous music. Sorry if this is not something allowed on here but thankful for any advice!

Bob said...

HY-TONE label 1946-1947

I am looking for the following tracks if you can help, please.

HY-TONE label - tracks wanted:

33 - Sunnyland Slim with His Sunny Boys - The Devil Is A Busy Man

This is with Lonnie Johnson g and Andrew Harris b (1947/48)

* NOT the later version with harmonica from 1954

------------------------------------------------------

38 - Peetie Wheatstraw's Buddy - Dog Eatin' Man
38 - Peetie Wheatstraw's Buddy - Miss Irene

aka Harmon Ray or Herman Ray

-------------------------------------------------------

R.L. Knowles (James Miller, piano)

501 - Precious Lord Pt. 1 / Precious Lord Pt. 2
502 - It's Real
503 - Lord, I've Tried
504 - Forgive Me Lord
505 - I Have a Friend in Jesus / Jesus

ceedee said...

'...greatest woman of the last 100 years'. That can't go without comment. Did she stimulate the mind like Doris Lessing? Did she satisfy the soul like Mavis Staples? Did she inspire like La Pasionaria and Angela Davis?

No, no and no. The greatest? Not even close.

ceedee, Scotland

LittleJack said...

@ BigGray
Thanks, thanks, thanks, to have written about Larkin Poe. You describe them very well.
As you I discovered them on the blog " albums that should exist". I didn't knew what I'll discover, so (before to download) I searched on youtube and discovered "black Betty " :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4rXVe3PLss
Playing this song a second time,but loud, they blew me away !
I've listen to a lot of their videos on YT and became a big fan. For today, my favourites are with Joe Bonamassa and with Eric Gales, but I don't want to walk on your teeth, so I prefer to give no title and no links.
Be sure that you will make my days with your next shares. Thanks again !

wally k said...

wallyk said

Her is a nice cd of early blues and R&B,with title track
being the first Chicago recording of Muddy Waters directly from
the original 78.
MEAN RED SPIDER
https://www.imagenetz.de/Tmfz7


m-e-m-o said...

@soulpapa

I feel your pain! Here's what I do: first off, burning mp3's onto cd is like the worst of both worlds. The mp3 quality is much worse than an actual cd-quality file, and cd's are just a big waste of plastic and oil- so you get none of the advantages burning mp3's onto a cd and all of the drawbacks.

My new car not only lacks a cd player but even an aux port to plug a cd player into (frustrating, I know) so, after many false attempts and experiments, I use Bluetooth. However, because I have an Android phone (sorry, iPhone lovers) I actually have a 1 TB microSD card installed, which allows me to have my entire collection of albums (cds and records) plus all the wonderful music people have shared on sites like this sitting on my phone, and it's only half full. (This is where bitrate comes in- my mp3s are either 320 kbps, which is the highest, or somewhere around 256 VBR, but never anything lower than 192. 192 isn't great but anything below that is just awful.)

When I drive, I put it on shuffle and I've yet to hear the same song twice- it's like listening to the world's greatest radio station- a mix of music I know and love with new music I've never heard but curated by wonderful people like everyone here who are passionate about their stuff.

From an audiofile perspective, Bluetooth is not an ideal method because you lose some audio resolution that way, but I'm pretty picky and critical and the truth is, when driving, I rarely notice. My sound system is great and I am happy with the results, even via Bluetooth. I tried so many other methods before settling on this, and it is by far the best setup given where we are in 2022.

Hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

@zigzagwanderer
Thanks for even more Richard Dobson!
Have a nice weekend!

Rank Stranger

Steve said...

@ceedee

You speak the truth, brother!

Aaron Vincent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Berni said...

@soulpapa

I too am old as dirt but you've figured way more out than me lol

I always burned compilation cds for the car rather than subject myself to the dreck on the radio. Now the computer doesn't have a cd drive any more and the external ones I tried were shite. I still make compilations but mp3 ones that reside on my computer. I drive in silence because the cars lack cd players as well and I don't know to get tunes from A to B (and I still hate radio).

Dave from Sheffield said...

No, no and no. The greatest? Not even close.

ceedee, Scotland


jimmy kranky ??

Apesville said...


How do people cope with a car with no cd player" Easy
In my Ipace I have burnt a memory stick with thousands of Rockin' tracks They plays through the usb port after selecting usb source on the media player . The media player also using source auto finds my family phones & will play their itunes collections. As for cd's I have never bourght any, only vinyl.

At home I tend to use my 10TB WD drive & Swinsion to play my music on my imac. Then just drag the mp3 onto the memory stick if I fancy a new play list for the car.

Don't miss the clutter of CD's. Do miss the postman bringing me new 45rpm from the other side of the pond.

Smokey said...

@soulpapa
My car, 8 years old, has inputs for memory cards and USB sticks. So I put the music on one of them and I am ready to drive.
At home, I listen to real LPs or CDs and to the music on my computer at a set connected to my computer, or in the living room via the home network. No burned CDs here anymore.

Man from Mordor said...

@ ceedee
Your comments are ill timed and ill judged. Whatever your private opinions they are best left inside your head until a more suitable time,
Clearly you demonstrate little compassion, but then you are not alone as millions of millennials and snowflakes have little compassion and lack breeding and nanners.

sillybro said...

Bernie

Your car radio probably has a USB port.

Get a thumb drive (flash drive, USB stick..) 32GB(huge storage) are like $7.

Load it up w tunes from your computer. Plug it into your radio USB port.
Boom. You're stylin'.

Music Of The Seventies said...

@320:

Nimbus - Obus (1974)
https://uptobox.com/9jmwg50g281f
info: https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/655926-Nimbus-Obus

F.G. Experimental Laboratory – Journey Into A Dream (1975)
https://uptobox.com/kcjwuz7eqqhn
info: https://www.discogs.com/master/401737-FG-Experimental-Laboratory-Journey-Into-A-Dream

Bakmak - Out Of The Blue (1976)
https://uptobox.com/up6zu8r7yqun
info: https://www.discogs.com/release/755808-Bakmak-Out-Of-The-Blue

Aaron Vincent said...

If someone feel a bit grumpy or sad this weekend, they could always watch the video below, afterwards go downtown and support your second hand store (or outfit store) and shop a new persona, and dance the night away! :-D

"Beefheart on the Beach"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVrBPtAtqK4

Beefheart on the Beach
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE32tcojArI

LittleJack said...

@ Hester
about albums of Tangerine Dream that we prefer :
I'm 65 years old, so I began with "phaedra" (1974), then "rubycon" (1975), then "ricochet" (1975). I bought them in 1980 and I've enjoyed to listen to them several times.
Two years after came the discover of "encore" ( 1977 double live album) in a double hand shop : I've enjoyed to listen to it , but don't played it often because I needed energic music at this time (Straycats, pub rock and south soul music).
When youtube came, I've listen several times to "poland. The Warsaw concert" (1984) : good album !
After that...impossible to say something : from time to time, I have listen to Tangerine Dream on youtube, allways live albums. Here are two concerts that I've enjoyed :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyiKD3YUEDI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyzPGKH0U58
I think that the best advices were given some days before, by the two friends of TZ who gave you fabulous links ! (thanks for these links, I didn't knew these sites !)

PS : even if it's not TD, perhaps will you also enjoy this from Klaus Schulze :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpllI5g1UyI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6liT-gsBFcI

Aaron Vincent said...

And here is a German "hat trick":

Klaus Meine with beard!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nTGTCSGj30

Probably the coolest, toughest and most brutal three minute piece of film in black and white ever from Germany!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vdZB86tKUw

One of the best pieces of "tanzmusik" ever...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbSkw4yvec

drizzz said...

@soulpapa- Hi, sounds like I'm about at the same place you and other respondents are. I also have a portable radio that will take a microchip. A microchip will hold an unbelievable amount of music. Sound quality isn't an issue with me. Only caveat- it really helps to get all the files at about the same loudness before downloading (I edit with Wavepad), but that goes for any medium, unless you want to be fiddling with the volume while they play.

Bob said...

REGIS label 1943-1946 tracks wanted please:

106 - Albino Jones - Ain't It Hard
106 - Albino Jones - Alcazar Jump

109+1009 - Albino Jones & Her Ambassadors - I'm So Disappointed In You
109+1009 - Albino Jones & Her Ambassadors - Buster's Mess

122 - The Silver Echo Quartette - He Knows Just How Much We Can Bear
122 - The Silver Echo Quartette - Moses Smote The Water

1012 - Sky Light Singers - I'll Tell It

Sitarswami said...

Request for a 45 rpm: Jon Corey "I've Never Been The Same" (from 1963 on 20th Century Fox records). Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Dear "la musica e vita" and all the TZers, just in case you don't know: Mikel Erentxun was quite popular in Spain in mid-80s, before having a career "alone" (sorry, I'm from Spain and my level of English is medium). In my case, I only liked his years in Duncan Dhu, and only a few of their songs. The most, "Cien Gaviotas". For me, a mix between Rockabilly + Commercial Pop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htzljEZv7P4

Have everybody a nice weekend!

Randolph Carter said...

@Mister Movie Club - Thanks for the Tom Thumb! Claymation is such an expressive artform. I can see why the images and story stuck with you for decades.

Herick M said...

@RYP
I'm glad you like the things I share, I hope it's the case for more people.

Randolph Carter said...

Following Mister Movie Club's offering of the Secret Adventures of Tom Thumb, I noticed that the theme was written and performed by John Paul Jones (who doesn't always get the attention of his former bandmates) and the music and variations were by Startled Insects. Great soundtrack! Does anyone have any of the Startled Insects albums that they could share?

1984 - Startled Insects
1985 - Underworld/Blackspring
1987 - Curse of the Pheromones
1991 - Lifepulse
1884 - Skin

Tom Thumb is my introduction to them and I would like to hear more.

Thanks for looking.

David

Fabio D. said...

To me is simple like a Rockboxed player (easy configuration of playlists, sound settings..) aux cable and go

BigGray said...

@ Little Jack

Share any YouTube links that you want. There are so many Larkin Poe videos on YouTube that I doubt that I've seen even a quarter of them, so I'm glad for any pointers (I like the one with Keith Urban, but then I am a little biased). I think that, at least most of, the YT links that I'm using to demonstrate the albums are "Official Clips".

I won't be posting any of the Albums That Should Exist albums, as that blog does such a good job and I want to give all the credit (and downloads) to the blog owner.

I will be posting all the official releases, and a couple of unofficials that aren't on ATSE.

I should have given a link for those unfamiliar with the blog.

https://albumsthatshouldexist.blogspot.com/

Very happy to find another LP fan here.

G.

Anonymous said...

@ Sitarswami said...
Request for a 45 rpm: Jon Corey "I've Never Been The Same" (from 1963 on 20th Century Fox records).

https://www.mediafire.com/file/br9uelex8jorov7/21_-_Jon_Corey_-_I%2527ve_Never_Been_The_Same.mp3/file

Burney

ceedee said...

Dear RYP,
If possible please delete my previous, unnecessarily rude, post directed at man from mordor. I'd like to replace it.

@man from mordor. Thanks for your kind advice but after careful reflection I think I'll probably go on giving my opinion as you do yours.

Cheers, ceedee

Berni said...

@sillybro Thanks for the suggestion. Funny enough I found myself thinking of that idea and wondering if that would work as I was typing my comment lol.

Sitarswami said...

@Burney - many thanks for Jon Corey

flatspin said...

@wallyk
Thanks for MEAN RED SPIDER - enjoyed all the bluesy piano.

Rob Kopp said...

@Aaron Vincent. Thanks for Tres & Kitsy. Never heard of them before.