Thursday, 7 April 2022

Delaney Davidson "Shining Day" 2018

...“It’s a hard thing to describe – like an official presence of Delaney Davidson,” he muses. “I’m totally happy to see it as a character. I’ve done quite a few talks at universities and I like the idea that there is some weird shady professorial idea of who this guy is or what his presence could mean. He played at a juke joint in Portland Oregon or a saloon bar in Texas or he lectured at the university. He has these weird hats he keeps changing, this man of a thousand faces idea...
...“Baxter was a bit like that. Len Lye is another one. A lot of people I admire, that’s what they did, and that’s what I’d like to do as well. You carve out the job you want for yourself.”
Delaney Davidson and Barry Saunders’s joint album Word Gets Around won the pair the Tui for best country artist at the 2020 New Zealand Music Awards. With the awards ceremony cancelled due to Covid-19, the winners were announced on RNZ’s Music 101. Delaney was called live on air for a spontaneous acceptance speech, where he thanked Saunders for “taking a punt and trying to do something with me which feels like a really fruitful, collaborative relationship“, and happily confirmed that there is more to come from the duo. - audioculture
trax:
1. Strange I Know 2. Such A Loser 3. What Am I Doing Wrong 4. Ever Gonna See 5. Ten Ton Forty Foot Carnival Girl 6. Shining Day 7. Washkas 8. The World Is Mine 9. Lucky Star 10. So Far Away 11. Bottomless Hole
…served by Gaius…

4 comments:

RYP said...

Delaney Davidson "Shining Day"
…served by Gaius…
gitit! no pw
https://krakenfiles.com/view/tvdG0UE6Dy/file.html

Domenic Ciccone (AKA Martooni) said...

Thank you. He mentioned Baxter....He may mean Les Baxter. interesting path he took.

Anonymous said...

Domenic: More likely James K. Baxter, NZ poet and mystic.

Iwika said...

Most likely James K. Baxter, the New Zealand poet.
Thanks for this one @Gaius