We have a first entry each day that is a picture or a video, and only in that entry you can place your music links and requests (NO ALBUMS RELEASED IN 2020 AND AFTER, AND A DAILY LIMIT OF 3 ALBUMS)! Here you can say what you like, unless it's offensive, racist or discriminatory! Please keep your language polite and respectful.
All the rest official posts will only allow comments related to the official posts and such. That way it will keep things much more organized and tidy.
Enjoy! RYP and Gyro1966
Sunday, 24 April 2022
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

43 comments:
Radio Caroline South – 13 Aug 1967 – Keefers (Keith Hampshire)
https://www37.zippyshare.com/v/PO3QKrJQ/file.html
Radio London – 14 Aug 1967 – The Final Day – John Peel, Mike Lennox, Dave Dennis, Tony Brandon, Paul Kaye…
https://www108.zippyshare.com/v/QeInatvt/file.html
Radio Scotland – 14 Aug 1967 – The Last 2 Hours – Tommy Shields, Tony Allan
https://www71.zippyshare.com/v/MudCdFdc/file.html
@Shiloh - "THEY TRIED TO ROCK" Bear Family compilations.
Here are vols 3 & 4 (The Popsters) @320
https://workupload.com/file/tjmSMpeCsgK
gorfit says:
Sade (Helen Folasade Adu) 02
https://www.sade.com/
https://www.discogs.com/artist/19731-Sade
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sade_(singer)#Discography
Sade - 1992 - Love Deluxe @256
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Deluxe
Sade - 1994 - The Best Of Sade @320
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Best_of_Sade
Sade - 2000 - Lovers Rock @vbr
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovers_Rock_(Sade_album)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/8s0eafekgsin57x/sad02.rar/file
*upgrades always welcome
Thanks to the original uploader
The Chess Singles Collection Vol.22 (1965-66)
https://we.tl/t-ePBvXajoLm
The Chess Singles Collection Vol.23 (1966)
https://we.tl/t-5W6exyZchJ
The Chess Singles Collection Vol.24 (1966-67)
https://we.tl/t-7jWxNkX4UD
Iain Matthews
An Occasional Series
1974[1]-Some Days You Eat The Bear (..And Some Days The Bear Eats You)
https://www.imagenetz.de/eDJvU
Do I Still Figure In You Life - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XdMjP116_0
01 - Ol' 55 - Iain Matthews
02 - I Don't Wanna Talk About It - Iain Matthews
03 - A Wailing Goodbye - Iain Matthews
04 - Keep On Sailing - Iain Matthews
05 - Tried So Hard - Iain Matthews
06 - Dirty Work - Iain Matthews
07 - Do I Still Figure In Your Life - Iain Matthews
08 - Home - Iain Matthews
09 - Biloxi - Iain Matthews
10 - The Fault - Iain Matthews
1974[2]-Journeys from Gospel Oak (Expanded Version)
https://www.imagenetz.de/mFKZR
Met Her On A Plane - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3jQjtPzHNA
01 - Knowing the Game - Iain Matthews
02 - Polly - Iain Matthews
03 - Things You Gave Me - Iain Matthews
04 - Mobile Blue - Iani Matthews
05 - Tribute to Hank Williams - Iain Matthews
06 - Met Her on a Plane - Iain Matthews
07 - Bride 1945 - Iain Matthews
08 - Franklin Avenue - Ian Matthews
09 - Do Right Woman - Iain Matthews
10 - Sing Me Back Home - Iain Matthews
11 - Met Her on a Plane (7" Single Mix) - Iain Matthews
12 - Devil In Disguise (Outtake) - Iain Matthews
1976-Go For Broke
https://www.imagenetz.de/kyRUB
Darkness, Darkness - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xrwrlm8_Pk
01 - Darkness, Darkness - Iain Matthews
02 - I'll Be Gone - Iain Matthews
03 - Brown Eyed Girl - Iain Matthews
04 - Rhythm Of The West - Iain Matthews
05 - Groovin' - Iain Matthews
06 - Lonely Hunter - Iain Matthews
07 - Steamboat - Iain Matthews
08 - A Fool Like You - Iain Matthews
09 - Just One Look - Iain Matthews
10 - When The Morning Comes - Iain Matthews
Billboard 1968 Part 37 (updated & remastered)
1. Spanky & Our Gang - Give A Damn - Single Mix (2:53)
2. Spanky & Our Gang - The Swingin' Gate (2:15)
3. Ray Stevens - Mr. Businessman - Single Mix (S) (3:23)
4. Ray Stevens - Face The Music (S) (2:26)
5. The Temptations - Please Return Your Love To Me (2:23)
6. The Temptations - How Can I Forget (1:45)
7. Betty Wright - Girls Can't Do What The Guys Do (S) (2:05)
8. Betty Wright - Sweet Lovin' Daddy (S) (2:25)
9. Ed Ames - All My Love's Laughter (S) (2:34)
10. Ed Ames - I'll Stay Lonely (S) (2:19)
11. Canned Heat - On The Road Again - Single Mix (S) (3:23)
12. Canned Heat - Boogie Music (S) (3:00)
13. Canned Heat - On The Road Again - Album (S) (5:01)
14. The Chambers Brothers - Time Has Come Today '68 Single (S) (4:51)
15. The Chambers Brothers - Time Has Come Today '68 Single (4:51)
16. The Chambers Brothers - People Get Ready (S) (3:54)
17. The Chambers Brothers - People Get Ready (3:53)
18. The Chambers Brothers - Time Has Come Today '66 Single Edit (2:42)
19. Sammy Davis Jr. - Break My Mind (S) (2:47)
20. Sammy Davis Jr. - Children, Children (S) (3:25)
21. Dino, Desi & Billy - Tell Someone You Love Them (S) (2:21)
22. Dino, Desi & Billy - General Outline (S) (2:40)
23. Four Jacks & A Jill - Mister Nico (S) (2:19)
24. Four Jacks & A Jill - Mister Nico (2:19)
25. Four Jacks & A Jill - Hamba Liliwam (S) (1:47)
26. Four Jacks & A Jill - Hamba Liliwam (1:47)
27. Roosevelt Grier - People Make The World (3:13)
28. Roosevelt Grier - Hard To Forget (2:52)
29. Herman's Hermits - Sunshine Girl (2:36)
30. Herman's Hermits - Nobody Needs To Know (2:37)
31. Jay & The Techniques - Singles Game (S) (2:44)
32. Jay & The Techniques - Singles Game (2:43)
33. Jay & The Techniques - Baby How Easy Your Heart Forgets Me (S) (2:27)
34. Jay & The Techniques - Baby How Easy Your Heart Forgets Me (2:27)
35. King Curtis - I Heard It Thru The Grapevine - Single Edit (2:31)
36. King Curtis - A White Shade Of Pale - Single Edit (2:54)
37. King Curtis - I Heard It Through The Grapevine - Album (S) (3:18)
38. King Curtis - A White Shade Of Pale - Album (S) (3:52)
39. Love Society - Do You Wanna Dance (2:43)
40. Love Society - Without You (2:24)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=130dNb7fG1eudyLRvxAqr96CWzlRp7RZB
pass: U23.04.22
Here's two more mixtapes with some favs. Hope you find something you like! And don't forget to support the acts who's still kickin' around, they need your support these days. Have a great rockin' sunday. Cheers!
VA - 1300% Dynamite (Explosive & High Energy Rock 'n' Roll Sounds 1994-1997
01. New Bomb Turks - Bachelor's High (1996)
02. D Generation - Frankie (1996)
03. The Krewmen - (I'm Not Your) Steppin' Stone (1994)
04. The Humpers - (I'm) Watching You (1994)
05. Supersuckers - Doublewide (1995)
06. The Nomads - That's My Girl (Rotten to the Core) (1996)
07. Dark Carnival - Good Morning, Headache (1996)
08. Boss Hog - Winn Coma (1995)
09. R.L. Burnside - Goin' Down South (1996)
10. Asie Payton - Nobody But You (1994)
11. U.S. Bombs - Beetle Boot (1997)
12. The A-Bones - Rollin to the Jukebox Rock (1996)
13. Royal Pendletons - Losing Hand (1995)
14. The Soundtrack Of Our Lives - Blow My Cool (1996)
15. Komeda - Boogie Woogie/Rock'N'Roll (1996)
16. Mazarine Street - Rocker (1997)
17. A-Bombs - Silver Dollar Flip (1997)
18. Rocket From The Crypt - Who Let The Snakes In!! (1995)
19. Gluecifer - Under My Hood (1996)
20. Powder Monkeys - Straight Until Morning (1995)
https://www49.zippyshare.com/v/YPtNKj0d/file.html
VA - 1400% Dynamite (Explosive & High Energy Rock 'n' Roll Sounds 1994-1997)
01. Oblivians - Viet Nam War Blues (1995)
02. Southern Culture On The Skids - 40 Miles To Vegas (1997)
03. Electric Frankenstein - It's All Moving Faster (1995)
04. Chrome Cranks - Driving Bad (1994)
05. Bantam Rooster - Miss Luxury (1996)
06. Jeff Dahl - Your Poison (1996)
07. The Queers - I Only Drink Bud (1996)
08. Joan Jett & The Blackhearts - Go Home (1994)
09. Teengenerate - Right Now (1994)
10. Wake Ooloo - Time To Go (1994)
11. The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Ditch (1994)
12. Speedball Baby - Shakin' It Loose (1996)
13. Groovie Ghoulies - Fun In The Dark (1997)
14. The Murder City Devils - Get Off The Floor (1997)
15. Sin Alley - Red Hot Texan (1995)
16. Zen Guerrilla - Gospel Tent (1997)
17. Lux Interior & Dee Dee Ramone - Bad Horoscope (1997)
18. Mants - Mants in Your Pants (1996)
19. Entombed - Ballad Of Hollis Brown (1997)
20. The Hellacopters - (Gotta Get Some Action) Now! (1996)
https://www97.zippyshare.com/v/gMlOnd65/file.html
The reposts of Gyro's Do the 45 collections over the past few days made me take a gander at what I have, and I received a mild shock upon discovering that all I have of Vol. 4 is the artwork.
So, could a kind soul post Do the 45 Vol. 4 for this clearly demented not-so-old fart?
Either way, many thanks to all the sharers on this blog, past, present, and future.
AC
@Anonymousse Cowherd
Do The 45 Vol 4
https://workupload.com/file/AJ9uekfXnvm
la musica e vita said...
Gary Field
Still no Vol 18?
I uploaded it in the 1663-2022 post.
@AC
Here is Do the 45 vol 4. Enjoy
https://www.imagenetz.de/chFqw
@320:
Chris Hinze Combination - Bamboo Magic (1978)
https://uptobox.com/ox177vlfydvg
info: https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/223859-The-Chris-Hinze-Combination-Bamboo-Magic
Bruce Johnson & Rodney Jones - The Liberation Of Contemporary Jazz Guitar (1977)
https://uptobox.com/2ntc191mm2v8
info: https://www.discogs.com/fr/release/1480260-Rodney-Jones-Bruce-Johnson-The-Liberation-Of-Contemporary-Jazz-Guitar
Daddy Cool - The Last Drive In Movie Show Daddy Cool Live (1973)
https://uptobox.com/928ocpdkw6nc
info: https://www.discogs.com/fr/master/438836-Daddy-Cool-The-Last-Drive-In-Movie-Show
Hi R-Man,
As far as I can see your request for Borderline has not been responded to - so here it is.
Sweet Dreams and Quiet Desires + The Second Album:
https://we.tl/t-3plLriWKLc
Available for 7 days from 24-04-22.
Happy listening, Bill
After spending Easter communing with nature in the hills of Mid Wales it's time to return to the long running saga that is the......
Captain Beefheart Bootleg Series
Part 54
Golden Bear
Huntington Beach
California
15th. July 1977
[flac]
Early Show
01 - Bat Chain Puller
02 - Abba Zaba
03 - I Wanna Find Me A Woman That'll Hold My Big Toe Till I Have To Go
04 - Grow Fins
05 - Electricity
06 - A Carrot Is As Close As A Rabbit Gets To A Diamond
07 - China Pig
08 - Click Clack
09 - Floppy Boot Stomp
10 - Owed T'Alex
11 - Veteran's Day Poppy
12 - Deserts Of Time
13 - Big Eyed Beans From Venus
14 - Golden Birdies
https://www.mediafire.com/file/jmecluvbc32m0ic/BeefEarlyGolden77.rar/file
Late Show
01 - Hair Pie (Bass Solo)
02 - Low Yo Yo Stuff
03 - Nowadays A Woman's Gotta Hit A Man
04 - Bat Chain Puller
05 - Floppy Boot Stomp
06 - Glider
07 - Dali's Car
08 - Orange Claw Hammer
09 - On Tomorrow
10 - Click Clack
11 - My Human Gets Me Blues
12 - Pachuco Cadaver
13 - Spitball Scalped A Baby
14 - Big Eyed Beans From Venus
15 - Ol' Black Snake
16 - The Blimp
17 - Moonlight On Vermont
18 - Grow Fins Jam
https://www.mediafire.com/file/3uifttbujojgm8y/BeefLateGolden77.rar/file
BrianF and bostig, thank you most kindly! Have an utterly brilliant rest of Sunday!
AC
... not all METAL is bad
20 years ago i went to the Iced Earth concert in Switzerland (z-7.ch)
it was like an Opera (and took 4 hours)
here comes the Dark Genesis Box (at 160)
https://www.discogs.com/release/993747-Iced-Earth-Dark-Genesis/image/SW1hZ2U6MjA1NTY3MjI=
https://mega.nz/file/DUNiWTZT#7Fq8ARdblRctuhJNh1XFlKGBLz11Yrn3vKzWkEoBZJ0
i won't make this blog METAL; there are others: opiumhum.blogspot.com or thelastdisaster.vip
I wonder if any kind soul has the following Jacob Young albums to share (Last things 2017; Glow 2001; Rathkes Gate 2017) or is aware of any pages that might have them available. Thanks in advance if anyone is able to help.
The V.I.P.'s - complete.
Info:
https://www.discogs.com/ru/release/4145186-The-VIPs-The-Complete-VIPs
FLAC:
https://workupload.com/file/vTEKmunphGB
Rank Stranger
@Aaron Vincent
thanks for your mixtapes 1300% Dynamite & 1400% Dynamite
Been back through the comments and found all the others
But sadly i can't find 100% or 300%
By any chance could you let me know on which days you shared these here
Thank you Jon
Gaius said:
@Hermann
Between the very first 20 albums (LP's) I bought in my life, there was the first album that Black Sabbath has released and the 'Paranoid' and 'Iron Man' singles. The singles are long gone, I think they didn't last longer than one year in my possession before vanishing on some party. But the album is still standing somewhere behind me. A dozen 'Sabbath' albums were following. And in between the thousands albums I have are more than 100 Metal albums, from the '70's to contemporary stuff.
Gaius said:
Zeus B. Held was the keyboard wizard of German Prog band 'Birth Control'. He left the band at the end of the 70's for a solo career as musician and producer. Here he is:
Zeus B. Held (Germany) - Attack Time, 1981
https://www.imagenetz.de/Z4DfH
And ongoing with ...
Love Tractor (USA) - Love Tractor 1982, rem. 1991
https://www.imagenetz.de/TYv8U
G A BLUES 2
Highway Blues – Lightnin’ Hopkins
2 X 9 – Eddie Clearwater
When The Cat Is Gone – Junior Wells
Bad Hangover – Square Walton
I Can’t Stay Here In Your Town – Lightnin’ Hopkins
Wake Up Baby – Sonny Boy Williamson
Broke In My Pillow – Robert Nighthawk
Diggin’ My Potatoes – Big Bill Bronzy
My Baby’s Gone – B B King
Don’t Start Me To Talkin’ – Sonny Boy Williamson
I’m Gonna Leave You Mama – Guitar Welch
Long Hair Knock Knees Bow Legs – Leroy Washington
Bad Boogie – Lightnin Hopkins
Rip and Run – Bob Gaddy
Black Spider – Rockheart Johnson
Star Bootlegger – Big Boy Crudup
I’ve Grown So Ugly – Robert Pete Williams
Take One More Chance – Jazz Gillum
White Lightnin – Mississippi Fred McDowell
24 Years – Dossie Terry
Sometimes She Loves Me – L.Hopkins & B.Dane
Yeh Baby – Frankie Lee Sims
https://www73.zippyshare.com/v/OqddJMDi/file.html
OR
https://www.mediafire.com/file/s53j80eim9xmvrf/GA+Blues+2.zip/file
This is the kind of thing that makes this site so great. Someone asks for a file that is years old and within hours 2 people respond with links.
It makes the heart swell to see such kindness, thank you all for making this place special.
None of this would be here without RYP. Thanks.
Before I go back into the shadows, I thought I'd post a couple of links to the book I was working on when I was posting regularly:
Publisher link (I get more money): https://rebelsatori.com/product/pangs/
Big "A" link (I get just shy of fifty cents per sale): https://www.amazon.com/Pangs-Jerry-L-Wheeler/dp/1608641783/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
Thanks. Now, back to the music.
@Anonymous /Jon
Check out 18th and 25th mars, the two mixetapes you're looking for should be linked those dates, if you don't find them, give me a call!
Cheers
@JWDen you are missed
@Aaron Vincent
thanks a lot they were on the dates you said
Jon
@Harmann - many thanks for the Iced Earth box set, some wonderful stuff there.
Ryp and Rank Stranger,
Big thanks for giving me the V.I.P treatment (yes, I'm such a wit).
My note of thanks from yesterday doesn't appear on the comments, did I forget to press send?
You're all excellent, even the metal-heads
Mose
@djmcblues2: Thank you for Volume 2 of "G A Blues."
re - Sham said... air checks
Thanks again,
Mike M
ATTN - BigGray said...
Iain Matthews
Thanks for spreading the Ian/Iain Gospel
Cheers,
Mike M
Gaius said:
@JWDen
Is there any chance of a German translation of your books?
Blogger BrianF said...
@Shiloh - "THEY TRIED TO ROCK" Bear Family compilations.
Here are vols 3 & 4 (The Popsters) @320
EXACTLY ONE track was 320kbps ONE only the rest were 128-192
why do people do this ?????????????????????
BRIANF.............Thank you so much for the "They Tried To Rock" series!!!
philo said...
@JWDen you are missed
I second that emotion!
Hi Guys,
Thanks for all the excellent postings. I am trying to complete my collection of Lost Juke Box Compilations having discovered that I am missing one of them.
Can anyone post a link to Lost Juke Box Vol. 222 please?
Anonymous (24 April 2022 at 22:50),
Do you think this information is important? Has anyone here bought or sold "THEY TRIED TO ROCK"? No? Well, don't look a gift horse in the mouth! Don't be small-minded and bean counter!
@Gaius
@Hermann
My best friend in high school bought one of the first four copies of Black Sabbath to arrive in Denver, Colorado on its US release date. We played it over and over, and because the players' names seemed so improbable we were, for a time, convinced it was a Jimmy Page side project. (Remember that Zeppelin was a brand new band, not yet superstars.)
For most of my adult life I wasn't interested in metal. A few years before I retired I began trading music with a much younger collegue who introduced me to NWOBHM, which I immediately devoured. Then I became enamored of power metal and symphonic metal. Nightwish, Dark Moor and Within Temptation were huge favorites. When Nightwish actually came to Denver I was first in line at the theater (with very good ear plugs). Nightwish was magnificent! Later I got to see Opeth (the best band on the planet), Therion, and others. Anyone who enjoys prog rock should find much to enjoy in power metal, especially the Finnish and Scandinavian varieties.
I'll be seventy next month, and if Arch Enemy comes to Colorado, I'll put in my earplugs and get a good seat. I'm too old for the mosh pit, but not too old to rock out.
Thank you, Hermann, for the blog references. The metal blogs I've used over the last decade are mostly dead.
Sweet Dreams and Quiet Desires is a great album. However, there is another album by the group. Can anyone post?
There were tests done in the 90s that said that heavy metal listeners were actually much happier than other people.
Also in the 90s a friend in Berkeley, California was doing mating studies on Madagascar Hissing Cockroaches. A control group got privacy and no music. A second group got privacy, a paper towel tent in an aquarium, and classical music. A third group got no privacy and heavy metal and were the most prolific maters.
@JWDen, congratulations on publishing your novel! I miss you too.
Post a Comment