01 Love Is Strange 02 Rise Sally Rise 03 This Is My Story 04 There Oughta Be A Law 05 No Good Lover 06 Rock And Stroll Room 07 Shake It Up 08 Peace Of Mind 09 Sweeter As The Days Go By 10 Bewildered 11 What Would I Do 12 Say The Word 13 In My Heart 14 Walking In The Rain 15 Dearest 16 Where Is My Honey 17 It's You I Love 18 Love Will Make You Fail In School 19 I'm Going Home 20 Can't Get You On The Phone
Sunday, 20 September 2026
MICKEY & SYLVIA "Love Is Strange & Other Hits" 1956-1958
Unless you're a major R&B collector, it's likely you've never heard anything by this duo besides "Love Is Strange," their only major hit (and a great one).
With 20 cuts from 1956-1960, this disc reissues the bulk of their most interesting work. "Love Is Strange" will remain their most memorable tune after you've heard this, but on the whole, this is way-above-average '50s R&B/rock. If you're hungering for more great solos like the ones in "Love Is Strange," you'll find some here, especially in "There Oughta Be a Law" and the instrumental "Shake It Up," although Baker's virtuosity doesn't dominate most of the songs. Some of these tunes are routine doo wop, but a little over half the material is pretty strong, ranging from the calypso-rock they're best remembered for to ballads to straight-ahead R&B shouters, with King Curtis on sax. (by Richie Unterberger, AMG)
trax:
01 Love Is Strange 02 Rise Sally Rise 03 This Is My Story 04 There Oughta Be A Law 05 No Good Lover 06 Rock And Stroll Room 07 Shake It Up 08 Peace Of Mind 09 Sweeter As The Days Go By 10 Bewildered 11 What Would I Do 12 Say The Word 13 In My Heart 14 Walking In The Rain 15 Dearest 16 Where Is My Honey 17 It's You I Love 18 Love Will Make You Fail In School 19 I'm Going Home 20 Can't Get You On The Phone
01 Love Is Strange 02 Rise Sally Rise 03 This Is My Story 04 There Oughta Be A Law 05 No Good Lover 06 Rock And Stroll Room 07 Shake It Up 08 Peace Of Mind 09 Sweeter As The Days Go By 10 Bewildered 11 What Would I Do 12 Say The Word 13 In My Heart 14 Walking In The Rain 15 Dearest 16 Where Is My Honey 17 It's You I Love 18 Love Will Make You Fail In School 19 I'm Going Home 20 Can't Get You On The Phone
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
MICKEY & SYLVIA "Love Is Strange & Other Hits" 1956-1958
gitit! no pw
https://mega.nz/file/IfwGTCZT#2hTzThjJUkz5zx2k8qYn1iaHMUe9q2wm7OXPOYtYz_g
Mickey & Sylvia! Sugarhill Records!
Thanks RYP
How about a celebrity death match, Ian & Sylvia vs. Mickey & Sylvia. Who would come out on top and why?
You're right, "Love Is Strange" is the only song of their I know. Thank you for the rest!
Mark
Post a Comment