...In Great Britain, he was revered as a giant on the order of Chuck Berry and Muddy Waters. The Rolling Stones in particular borrowed a lot from Bo's rhythms and attitude in their early days, although they only officially covered a couple of his tunes, "Mona" and "I'm Alright." Other British R&B groups like the Yardbirds, Animals, and Pretty Things also covered Diddley standards in their early days. Buddy Holly covered "Bo Diddley" and used a modified Bo Diddley beat on "Not Fade Away"; when the Stones gave the song the full-on Bo treatment (complete with shaking maracas), the result was their first big British hit... - Biography by Richie Unterbergertrax:
01 Road Runner 02 Mona 03 I'm a man 04 Diddley Daddy 05 Who do you love 06 Cherry pie 07 Little girl 08 Hey Bo Diddley

5 comments:
Bo Diddley "The Paradiso, Amsterdam, Holland 24th May 1982 - Radio Broadcast"
gitit! no pw
https://pixeldrain.com/u/839dPfDt
I remember going to this concert and been disappointed afterwards.I found it to be to rock oriented and lackluster. Listening to it again it is better than I remember but still not above average. Nice to have though in the collection ... thank you.
And here I thought I had heard every Bo release, but alas, RYP strikes again! Thanks!
and yes, rock oriented, but anything that includes Bo's magic hands on rhythm guitar is majestic. Wonderful!
I've posted the Mona album that is as wonderful and live, though no info on where and when the show took place. Let me know, @RYP and I can post again.
sonicsmith,
yes, I would be interested in that, like everything from Bo!
Post a Comment