trax:disc 1
1. Goodbye Blues - Jesse Allen 2. I'm Not Satisfied (Alternate Take) - Dave Dixon 3. Those Lonely, Lonely Nights (Alternate Take) - Earl King 4. Mercy's Blues - Mercy Baby 5. I Got The Blues For You - Al Collins 6. Give A Helping Hand (Alternate Take) - Bobby Marchan 7. What Will Lucy Do - Frankie Lee Sims 8. 4th And Beale - Joe Hill Louis 9. Shuckin' Stuff - Al Collins 10. Baby You Can Get Your Gun - Earl King 11. Let's Get It - Edgar Blanchard 12. Bad Feeling Blues (Alternate Take) - Lightnin' Slim 13. Don't Say A Mumblin' Word - Fred McDowell 14. My Baby Done Gone - Schoolboy Cleve 15. I Got My Nose Open - John Littlejohn 16. I Feel So Good - Albert Scott 17. Mean Old World - Arthur "Big Boy" Crudup 18. Feeling So Low (Alternate Take) - Dave Dixon 19. My Love Is Strong (Alternate Take) - Earl King 20. Lightnin' Slim Boogie (Alt: Take 1) - Lightnin' Slim 21. She's 19 Years Old - John Littlejohn 22. Smokestack Lightning - Bad Smitty 23. Sweetest Woman I Ever Knew - Joe Hill Louis 24. Pity Poor Me (Alternate Take) - Bobby Marchan 25. Silly Dilly Woman - Mercy Baby 26. I'm So Glad You're Mine - Albert Scott 27. Hey Little Girl - Frankie Lee Sims
disc 2
1. My Love Is Here To Stay (Alternate Take) - Sammy Myers 2. Sleeping In The Ground (Alternate Take) - Sammy Myers 3. Every Day I Have The Blues - Alabama Red 4. I've Been Searchin' - Unknown Male Singer #0 5. Honeycomb - Edgar Blanchard 6. I'll Never Leave Anymore - Unknown Male Singer #0 7. Annie Mae (Alternate Take) - Little Cameron 8. I'm Leaving You Baby - Albert Scott 9. Every Night About This Time - Unknown Male Singer #1 10. Standing At The Station - Unknown Male Singer #3 11. Baby Please - H-Bomb Ferguson 12. Hideaway - Johnny Littlejohn 13. Take Me Back Baby - Unknown Female Singer 14. Three Long Years - Unknown Male Singer #0 15. My Love Is Here To Stay - Sammy Myers 16. Sleeping In The Ground - Sammy Myers 17. Driving Wheel (+ Message) - Alabama Red 18. Standing At The Crossroads (Alternate Take) - Bad Smitty 19. Lonesome Guitar (Alternate Take) - Edgar Blanchard 20. Lifetime In Prison Pt. 1 - Billy Tate 21. Lifetime In Prison Pt. 2 - Billy Tate 22. Sittin' Here Worryin' (Alternate Take) - Little Cameron 23. Little Boy Blue - Unknown Male Singer #2 24. Pathway Of Love - Unknown Male Singer #3 25. Right At Home - Albert Scott 26. Whiskey And Women - Unknown Male Singer #0
...served by Gyro1966...

14 comments:
SHUCKIN' STUFF "Rare Blues From Ace Records"
...served by Gyro1966...
gitit! no pw
http://rapidshare.com/files/351698029/shuckin1.zip
http://rapidshare.com/files/351706577/shuckin2.zip
Love it any Bear Family Ace or Rhino Boxes are always great
I personally don't feel right about sharing anything on Bear Family or Ace. They are such top-notch labels that I feel everyone should buy their stuff. (Bear Family actively pursues those that share their music, so I don't recommend that a blog post their stuff.)
You're right on the major re-relase labels Gyro1966. Although i'm not a fan of blogs who are dumping cd after cd. I rather see the albums or 45's, who are never will be on cd, but that's my humble opinion ;)
I'm looking forward to hearing this stuff - if Rapidshare stops being such a b*tch!
I have to agree with Gyro and RecordCollector. Those labels put a lot of time, effort and expense into putting out a consistently high-quality product and they deserve to be rewarded for their efforts. Like it or not, if everything were to be available for free these labels (and others like Norton, Sundazed and VampiSoul - to name a few) would have no incentive or means to dig up and release all this great music. And how much poorer would our lives be then.
Westside and Sequel went bust several years back so the comments re BF and Uk Ace (not the Vincent label) surely don't apply here
great share again
54man
I was about to make the same point as our friend above. These are not UK side but Westside, who indeed did go broke a while back. Shedding tears for british Ace and Bear family is all very well, but these tracks are all acquired or recorded over fifty years ago by Jiohnny Vincent in New Orleans. More to the point, I would be interestted to know
how mmany of the artists on these two albums received any royalties from not just Ace/Vin Records in New Orleans but from the ariginating companies that produced the majority of them.
Lobotommy42
This is the best R&B comp I've listened to in quite a while. Thank you for posting.
Re: Royalties - very few artists received appropriate royalties from Vincent. Huey P. Smith, for one, battled with him for years. However, Vincent claims he bought his artists cars and houses so he owed them nothing.
"I Hear You Knockin'"by Jeff Hannusch has a terrific interview with Vincent. - d.
I believe there are two ACE Records. One out of Mississippi that folded years ago when Vee Jay went under. And, two, the reissue company out of UK. I do not believe the two are connected. Is this ACE UK reissuing stuff from the original ACE??? At any rate it's good stuff.
regarding posting Bear Family and Ace: the downloader of these only get a taste of the big picture when they don't buy the CD's. Those big fat photo and info packed booklets are half the meal for me. Hopefully, when downloaders get some spare coin they'll spring for the whole package.
-Lhasa Crawler
Could I please request a re-up for this post. I missed it fist time around and the link is now dead.
Thank you and congratulations on a fine blog.
I would love a re-up for this post, it looks great
thanks
Post a Comment