Vin was Ace Records' subsidiary label; it ran between 1958 and 1961, issuing 29 singles during that period. No hits were forthcoming, but a major chunk of great music was, and this 30-track overview brings home the goods in a very big way. In addition to the New Orleans homegrown sessions from Huey Smith, Handsome Earl (King), Morgus and the Ghouls (early Mac Rebennack and Frankie Ford), Jesse Allen, Calvin Spears, Albert Scott, and Frankie Lee Sims, the label also issued masters from rockabilly ravers the Phaetons ("I Love My Baby"), Bobby Woods ("Love Is My Business"), Elton Anderson (the swampy "Shed So Many Tears"), Johnny Angel (an early stab at "Teenage Wedding"), Jimmie Lee ("Look What Love Will Do"), and Harry Lee "Everytime I See You"), all of whom check in with high-voltage sides. A compilation that stays solid from beginning to end, this is an offshoot label collection that really has something to offer. Highly recommended.(Cub Koda, All Music Guide)trax:
1. Little Chickee Wah Wah - Huey & Jerry 2. Shed So Many TearsElton Anderson 3. Roll On Train - Elton Anderson 4. Baby Say You Will - Jesse Allen 5. Everybody Got To Cry (Take 4) - Handsome Earl 6. Teenage Wedding (Take 1) - Johnny Angel 7. Hey, Hey, Baby Come Home - Albert Scott 8. She Likes To Boogie Real Low - Frankie Sims Lee 9. Everytime I See You - Harry Lee 10. You Don't Know - Harry Lee 11. Love Is My Business - Bobby Woods 12. Look What Love Will Do - Jimmie Lee 13. I Ain't Worried About Tomorrow - Jimmie Lee 14. Angel Face - Bobby Webb 15. I Ain't Worried No More - Bobby Webb 16. Morgus The Magnificent - Morgus & The Ghouls 17. I Love My Baby - The Phaetons 18. Susie - Dick Poulton Trio 19. Capital City Bounce - Dick Poulton Trio 20. I Know - Ray Washington 21. Baby Come On Home - Calvin Spears 22. Tee Na Na - Dicky Williams 23. The Things I Used To Do - Stella Johnson 24. Well I Done Got Over - Stella Johnson 25. The Party Went Wild - Ray & Lamar 26. I Didn't Do It - Huey "Piano" Smith 27. Love Me (Unedited Version) - Danny Ray 28. What Am I Living For? - Jimmy Clanton 29. Row, Row My Boat - The Ends 30. Heartbreak Hotel - Jimmy Clanton
...served by Gyro1966...

7 comments:
"THE VIN STORY"
...served by Gyro1966...
gitit! no pw
http://rapidshare.com/files/351411044/vin.zip
Looks like a damn good rekkid...and you've gotta trust Cub Koda on this stuff, right? (not to mention TW)
Thanks for putting it up there!
Hello! Welcome in our new place : http://allmusic-wingsofdream.blogspot.com/
Jancy.Dmitrich (Wings of Dream)
and correct our links,please.
Well, you definitely have some cool shit on this blog!
Hi
Thanks for some nice old music uploads the last weeks.
I love them.
Ron.
Love this ACE thing...
M
much missed Westside reissue label,many thanks for all these
54man
Post a Comment