These days, Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs are best remembered for such infectious '60s hits as "Wooly Bully" and "Lil' Red Riding Hood," and for the sartorial splendor of turbaned frontman/organist Sam the Sham (née Domingo Samudio) and his bandmates. But the one-of-a-kind Memphis-by-way-of-Texas quintet produced a large and highly original body of R&B/blues/Tex-Mex/garage tunes that established them as one of the greatest singles bands of the 1960s. While the band's wacky humor and flamboyant visual image may have threatened to brand them as a novelty act, their raw exuberance, rootsy grit and playfully subversive streak made it clear that Sam and his Pharaohs were the genuine article. (Kicks)The first installment contains the albums:
"Wooly Bully" 1965, "Their Second Album" 1965, "When The Boys Meet The Girls" 1965
trax:
01 Wooly Bully 02 The Memphis Beat 03 I Found Love 04 Go-Go Girls 05 Every Woman I Know (Crazy 'Bout An Auto) 06 Haunted House 07 Juimonos (Let's Went) 08 Shotgun 09 Sorry 'Bout That 10 Gangster Of Love 11 Mary Lee 12 Long Tall Sally 13 Ju Ju Hand 14 Magic Touch 15 'Cause I Love You 16 Medicine Man 17 That Old Black Magic 18 I've Got A Voodoo Doll 19 Got My Mojo Working 20 The Gypsy 21 Witchcraft 22 Love Potion #9 23 Magic Man 24 Hoochie Coochie Man 25 Ain't Gonna Move 26 Monkey See, Monkey Do 27 Betty And Dupree 28 Man Child 29 How Does A Cheating Woman Feel? 30 The Signifying Monkey
...served by Gyro1966...

16 comments:
SAM THE SHAM & THE PHARAOHS "The Complete Wooly Bully Years 1963-1968" - CD1
...served by Gyro1966...
gitit! no pw
http://www.multiupload.com/9E3ZKG48H3
Covers:
http://www.multiupload.com/PN94S0TVEN
Hi RYP. Thanks for this delightful Shamster music. Really appreciate your kindness and generosity. Best to you.
Iggy
This is gonna be great - thank you!
Great Sam the Sham & the Pharaohs collection. And 320 is a real plus. Thank you!
I hope CD 2 and 3 show up sometime in the near future.
Also, thanks for the excellent booklet and cover scans. They are very much appreciated.
WoW!
This looks Great!
I got so excited because I *love* Sam the Sham. Alas, the link isn't working :(
I really like your blog, by the way.
RYP,
Sorry to have to report that as of 04/03/11, 10:58PM PDT, both links are reported as "No longer available"
BTW, thanks for all you've done for us music lovers!!
I re-uploaded:
CD1:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LWVZCMGK
covers:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MJ7COD99
Great stuff! Thanks very much! Looking forward to other discs which I do hope also will be posted. Cheers.
Thank Man
RYP,
From the Anon who noted the dead link....
Works now, and thanks again!
(Sorry to be so late in reporting.)
Link dead again
New Link, April 7th:
http://www.multiupload.com/XCGCAX1L25
I used the Megaupload link and it worked fine today.
THANKS for the first volume. It would be great (although I know I'm asking for a lot) if you could re-up the second and third volume to Megaupload. Links seem to stay a little longer on Megaupload.
THANKS!!!!
Best music blog ever! Thanks!!!!!
Is it possible for you to re up the three CD's? Thank you :) I love your blog!
Post a Comment